Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-10-2013, 10:45

Female from United States
Habitual Criminal is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Can smoking meth give you a throat infection??

I heard smoking meth can give you throat infections sometimes. Is this true or not??? My throat hurts a little and there's like flem in my throat and it won't come out. What should I do?? Is this even from the meth??
Old 29-10-2013, 04:17
Waiting For The Fall Waiting For The Fall is nu online
Titanium Member

69 y/o Male from USA - Texas
Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.Waiting For The Fall really adds to the discussion.
Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4
Activity: 12.4% Activity: 12.4% Activity: 12.4%
Re: Can smoking meth give you a throat infection??

I'm not your attending physician, so don't know for sure. We put a lot of things in our mouths that can cause infections. But meth does give us dry mouth and sometimes bouts of teeth clenching. So, put the two together and maybe your teeth nicked a dry spot and opened it up. The phlegm stuck in your throat could also be due to meth, as it can make the sinuses drain. I'm sure your body's defenses are hard at work trying to correct the problem. If it persists, a throat lozenge might help reduce the soreness, and a mouthwash clean out the infected area.
Old 31-10-2013, 04:21

25 y/o Male from USA - Missouri
Theoretical is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Although I cannot confirm it is exactly what caused this, I figured I would chime in here. A day or two and a gram later, my cousins grandmother got a very bad case of bronchitis. It only has happened once, but she reports her throat is sore and hurts quite a bit after using on a normal basis, mainly during the comedown.

I must also say, her roa is only the needle. I would assume smoking would cause more aggravation to your throats and lungs. Wish I could be more of help to your question!
Old 31-10-2013, 05:02
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from United States
highastinkerbell is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 193, Level: 2 Points: 193, Level: 2 Points: 193, Level: 2
Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7%

I have gotten a few of those throat infections.

Speaking for my own observations of my throat while suffering from aforementioned infections, I have observed the lymph nodes in my neck and they hurt incredibly bad.

The throat produces this pus that sometimes gets coughed out. Truly vile ish that is!

The worst thing I've had happen in my throat is my uvula became huge and would like flop around.

To avoid these infections it is advisable to gargle after a bowl or an hour or just some time that's reasonably soon after smoking, but not instantly. Salt water is the best, water is a charming substitute, mouth wash can cause increased irritation and is just a bit to harsh. Mouth wash is designed to destroy germs and bacteria, but with regular use it destroys your mouth.

Another thing that I have no scientific backing of but it has worked splendidly on a personal level. I always feared it was wasting meth, however it burns away some complex chemical stuff aledgedly used to keep ice from melting without a legit heat source. I have no idea on any of the chemical processes and don't want to, but when I tried it, my throat got so much better!

Sorry it took so long to get to the following: the method is to melt down the crystals in the bowl and let the shards crack back before taking a hit.

Hopefully that helps. What I would do in the past is go in to a natro pathic doctor and get diagnosed with strep and the penicillin fixed my throat within 19 hours. So if other methods don't help, it's another option.

- Thus sayith the Green Fairy
Old 31-10-2013, 05:33
trdofbeingtrd trdofbeingtrd is nu online
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

^^^

That, the puddles should always be full puddles before you start hitting.

In all my time I smoked methamphetamine, I never got "meth throat". I guess I was lucky that the first person I smoked with knew what in the fuck they were talking about. Oddly enough about a year later she got so twacked (always high on methamphetamine) that she would often forget the same advice she gave me and used chloraseptic throat spray like every other week because her throat would be so fucked up.

In todays day and age, research chemicals make it so that you never want to ever do any substance you don't know for sure what it is. If you don't trust the connect and especially if you don't know the connect (or your middle man) then a regent test is a must.

However, if you do trust that what you are getting is methamphetamine cut or not, then if you are smoking it.......you want to burn the shards or powder into a puddle first. Roll it around a little, get the color it's burning, the smoke color, and the color after it's burned on the glass. I guess I am way to old because when I smoked shit I never had to worry about the crackback patterns and what they could tell you but there is some very interesting threads/posts about this worth checking out. I got lucky I guess also because I usually got the shit straight from the kitchen.

Give the shit a break if you get a sore throat and follow the advice in the post above mine. Medication to numb your throat just means you can fuck it up more and smoke more shit. Salt water and a nice break from the glass dick can do wonders for your throat.
Old 31-10-2013, 06:25
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
^^^

That, the puddles should always be full puddles before you start hitting

Could you explain what you mean? I am pretty sure I follow, but I can also see options in which I'd be way off....

Quote:
However, if you do trust that what you are getting is methamphetamine cut or not, then if you are smoking it.......you want to burn the shards or powder into a puddle first. Roll it around a little, get the color it's burning, the smoke color, and the color after it's burned on the glass.

Give the shit a break if you get a sore throat and follow the advice in the post above mine. Medication to numb your throat just means you can fuck it up more and smoke more shit. Salt water and a nice break from the glass dick can do wonders for your throat.[/
Excellent description of the process of melting it down! I completely spaced on going in depth to the process, thanks for getting that in

Also, another thing I thought of/remembered is when 'treating' throat or mouth it is important to not let things sit and sit in throat and then try to fix it with one hurrah. That makes things worse. Best to be spread out and not very intense.

What I do is while smoking I gargle briefly with plain water after taking a hit, and probably 3 times a day I bust out the salt and concoct a salt heavy cup of water and take a smallish mouthful and gargle for like 10 seconds roughly, spit and repeat twice.

Drinking a lot of water is very helpful too.

Eating food is very good to, cause it gets the chemicals off you teeth and out of throat.

One questioned I'd like to pose is this: I have found that soda/carbonated drinks are very helpful clearing out and actually are healing to throat. However, soda is murder on enamel and I feel like smoking clear and drinking soda is terrible for teeth. Anybody know how terrible for your teeth it is and if the benefit to the throat outweighs danger to teeth?

-Thus sayith the Fairy
Old 31-10-2013, 07:38
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Sorry about the terrible explanation, I just meant to melt all the substance and make sure its all into a puddle. Basically I did a piss poor way in saying what you had said.

As far as the baking soda, I never used it for the throat but I know people brush with toothpaste that has baking soda in it. It's about moderation right right.

Last edited by trdofbeingtrd; 31-10-2013 at 18:20. Reason: Added "that has baking soda in it"......
Old 31-10-2013, 18:17
Silver Member

Just that one sentence was alittle confusing haha the rest was very easy to follow.

I always use tooth paste for sensitive teeth and a babies toothbrush. It's a bit awkward buying a whinnie the Pooh toothbrush but it's the best way to go. The softer bristles don't destroy your gums or teeth.

The tooth paste should say something about enamel repair on it.

Not really the throat anymore, but it's still the same threat area haha
Old 31-10-2013, 18:21
Palladium Member

I had to edit the last post I did before this one........kinda sounded like a loony and or toony (no offense Canadian brothers and sisters.......nice coins). Again, my apologies.

Share this on:

Tags
effects, methamphetamine, smoking