Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Cocaine addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine addiction Support for coping with Crack & Cocaine addiction and Crack & Cocaine addiction treatment.

Old 19-10-2013, 13:05

22 y/o Male from Canada
Andrewdb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Cocaine substitute while withdrawal? Is it possible to quit by taking another drug?

Hello, I'm new to DF. I'm a cocaine addict and it has ruined my life. I desperately want to quit but nothing has worked thus far. I've tried adacc, narc anon, and even counseling. I've lost everything. And I mean everything.... The love of my life, my beautiful baby boy, my 140000 dollar a year nob, my home, my truck, the list goes on. I hate the man I've become. I've missed child support payments to pay for a fix. I haven't seen my son in months because I'm so ashamed of who I am. I owe vast amounts of money for a drug I don't even enjoy anymore. My brain tells me everything will be so much better if I can get just a niff. Then I take it and feel like shit and hate everything. It seems this is the trend with many cocaine addicts that have used a long time. What the studies say about the brain stopping production of endorphins to feel pleasure, well that's definitely true. I don't even enjoy music like I did anymore and I'm a musician. Some friends have suggested trying another drug temporarily to forget about withdrawal and finally quit. I always hated the idea, but nothing else has worked, and I'm considering it. Any feedback and suggestions on drugs that might work would be greatly appreciated.
Old 19-10-2013, 15:31
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Alien Sex Fiend is on the way upAlien Sex Fiend is on the way upAlien Sex Fiend is on the way upAlien Sex Fiend is on the way up
Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3
Activity: 49.0% Activity: 49.0% Activity: 49.0%
Re: Cocaine substitute while withdrawal? Is it possible to quit by taking another dru

welcome to the forum its generally a bad idea to substitute one drug for another because A.you will soon have two addictions
B.you will trade one addiction to another and nothing will change

As stimulants go, the only replacement for cocaine could be meth. Meth lasts 5hours, cocaine lasts one. cocaine gives one effects for 30min and anxiety and craving after. meth gives euphoria for the first 40min, then euphoria stops and energy with anxiety for another 5 and cravings after. meth is cheaper and reportedly easier to quit while being just as illegal. there is really nothing else. thats in term of replacement, but I do not support this idea, its rotten

Drugsforum being a harm reduction forum, I say this:
You ve been high too long, too much. You are an addict simply because a simple user won't loose 140000 dollar a year job only to gain a very costly habit.

You do go on, you will die one way or another very soon. There is no way to turn back and get everything to be like it used to be unless you get clean. Something great can only be great if used in moderation. you ve been higher than most people and people won't venture where you ve been/become.

Cocaine withdrawal should not be bad, compare to heroin withdrawals, its the cravings for more thats very annoying. if you find something very important to prioritize over getting high and wasting time of your life, you should go for getting back together with your child, you will get clean doing this. no more blow.

Try to make you day sober and productive, drink coffee when nessesery and smoke some cannabis in the evening or if its not your thing, have 4shots of whiskey or vodka but no more than 4shots.

cravings will try to get you when you are intoxicated. so try to stay sober for a while. i understand that you ve been through rehabs and life put a lot of stress on you, but you may not blame anything/anyone but yourself. you discovered cocaine, you snorted it and you got addicted. now there is no point blaming oneself because blaming has no point and won't solve your problems. when you are getting clean, you don't need extra pressure that sometimes comes from "i really need to get clean" self-motivating message. try to relax sober , do things like reconnecting with your child sober and you will get clean if you stop using

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thoughtful response with good suggestions
Old 19-10-2013, 16:55

22 y/o Male from Canada
Andrewdb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Re: Cocaine substitute while withdrawal? Is it possible to quit by taking another dru

you went as far as illegal drugs, maybe some prescription or something more readily available? Maybe just something to preoccupy my drug addicted mind? I have tried meth and heroine and never had a problem with giving it up ( hated heroin and binged on meth) I want nothing more than to live a clean healthy lifestyle and be the man my son needs me to be, but I need to keep myself clean long enough to feel the benefits physically (a week wasn't long enough, I became so depressed I couldn't even function). I strongly feel I need something to make me feel good in order to keep myself from relapsing.

Andrewdb added 53 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

I've been high this whole time... (hating myself and I'd still be high if my dealer was awake). I'm realizing how stupid this sounds just now as my high fades... But maybe there is an option that could be considered here. All I know is I want my happiness back. I want a clear mind that is able to see the beauty in everything again. I remember how just hearing a song would change a complete shit day into a new beginning with endless possibilities...or how a rainbow or the sunrise/sunset would light my heart. I haven't had this sensation in months. I actually witnessed the northern lights in more colours and brightness than I've seen before last month, I remember trying to enjoy it, but no joy came from it. This is the saddest a man can be, constantly spiraling into misery. I want my happy back. I want my life back. I robbed myself of the better things in life.

Last edited by Andrewdb; 19-10-2013 at 16:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-10-2013, 19:04
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.

methylphenidate aka ritalen and concerta works in a similar fashion. people sniff that shit say they would rather spend a few bucks and get my pills than sped a lot of loot and get garbage coke. i dk if that helsp any
Old 19-10-2013, 19:53
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Alien Sex Fiend is on the way upAlien Sex Fiend is on the way upAlien Sex Fiend is on the way upAlien Sex Fiend is on the way up
Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3
Activity: 49.0% Activity: 49.0% Activity: 49.0%

yes ritalin and adderall are legal prescrition drugs. both give minor high compare to cocaine with less jitters and a lot less euphoria. that is if your coke is of great quality. these are prescribed to combat ADHD. recently adderall is prescribed more often than riralin. these are no less dangerous versions and both cause arrhythmia. i think you should be thinking about getting clean. there is also ephedrine and pseudo ephedrine(rumored to have minor euphoria) one can buy at a bodybuilding supplies as it is complete legal

very informative. thank you.
Old 18-02-2014, 23:52
Silver Member

42 y/o Female from Canada
karatespacetiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Andrew in my experience there is no substitute drug for cocaine that can help with withdrawal, there is no easy way out of addiction that I'm aware of.

You posted that you just wanted to enjoy the little things in life again - the good news is that is totally possible. The bad news is: it gets harder before it gets easier. Unfortunately using a lot of coke messes with our brain's ability to feel pleasure without the coke. So for the first while after we stop using, we feel very "flat", like as if nothing brings us pleasure. But back to good news: by staying off coke, the brain starts to produce "feel good" chemicals of its own again after a while. You mentioned sunsets, it goes like this:
Before coke addiction: "I love sunsets"
Early coke use: "Sunsets ARE AMAZING OH MY GOD"
Addiction: "I don't have time for this stupid sunset, where's my dealer?"
Early recovery: "I used to love sunsets, now I feel nothing"
Sustained abstinence: "I love sunsets"

It can / will get better! But you'll have to work at it and really dedicate yourself to really getting clean and also dealing with whatever it was that led you to this addiction in the first place. When I was in early recovery / rehab, I learned a lot of really helpful stuff, one of which was: I would never say "oh, it's too much of a hassle" when it came to getting high, I would do whatever it took. So I needed to apply that same logic and drive to getting clean.

I like your analogy and it does take time for the brain to heal
Old 19-02-2014, 00:47

21 y/o Male from United Kingdom
itsking is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Looking for a replacement to stop? I advise weed is your answer my friend. Force yourself to stay in for a while with loads of weed. When your stoned you can't be bothered to do anything else other than chill out and smoke some more. If you can just relax and smoke your troubles/cravings away for a couple of weeks you will have overcome the worst of your addiction and will be able to move on from their. Literally any time you feel like a line just smoke a spliff instead...this may count as substitution but it is a worth while one to make and is a lot less costly trust me...
Old 19-02-2014, 01:08
may cause drowsiness

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,434, Level: 7 Points: 2,434, Level: 7 Points: 2,434, Level: 7
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

As far as stimulants go, there is a semi OTC drug called Bronkaid. It is the only drug left that still contains real Ephedrine Sulfate. It has some pretty incredible stimulant effects.

I have been taking it for years. 4 pills will keep me up all night. You do have to show an ID for it in the US, but looking back at your post you are above the states. It is made by Bayer so you may still have it up there.

These things are addicting. Certainly use caution with them as they contain another drug as an expectorant.

I do remember a couple of threads that might help you. You can also Use The Forum Search Engine (UTFSE)<-------Click Here to find many more.

Here I will give you one freebee....
Cocaine substitutes & alternatives ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
It's a pretty substantial thread
Good luck

be safe 160

Keep DF ad-free. We need supporters to pay the bills. We are €1650 short per month.

Your donations provide drug information, harm reduction and recovery support to tens of millions per year.
Every €1 gives 7.000 people access to DF.
Donate now: € 20, € 50, € 100, € 150 or a custom amount.

Last edited by I_MISS_160s; 22-02-2014 at 04:44.
Old 19-02-2014, 22:08

18 y/o Female from United States
add3rall is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

A doctor's opinion would probably be some sort of medication to help drug abusers stop their cravings.
My opinion, which would just help you get the feeling your body is craving, would be to take adderall, but just in small doses, like start at 20 mg and slowly decrease your dosage.
Old 10-03-2014, 13:00
Mercury Member

29 y/o Male from Italy
5p1key needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

methadone bro.in my coke needle use years used methadone over 100ml to keep myself.

5p1key added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

under medical control,obviously

methadone would not be an appropriate substitute for cocaine

Last edited by 5p1key; 10-03-2014 at 13:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, cocaine