Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-10-2013, 19:06
Silver Member

39 y/o Female from United States
Clockwise is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Heroin cut with Fentanyl your expierence?

My brother died from suspected OD of Heroin cut with Fentanyl. A witness said he prepared 2 needles, and shot one before she left. She said he had one more ready. He was alone. Sometime between 3am-9am he ODed. Was found by 2 neighbors on his porch. Autopsy and investigation pending. As his sister, and someone that has never used illegal drugs, I am curious about this combo. It seems that it is on many coroners community health alerts. I have googled it. I am unsure if he knew of the Fentanyl being cut into the heroin. This is a nightmare, I guess someone here I hope can help me with my grieving process. Thank you!
Old 10-10-2013, 19:24
Titanium Member

45 y/o Female from United States
gal68 must live here.gal68 must live here.gal68 must live here.gal68 must live here.gal68 must live here.gal68 must live here.gal68 must live here.
Points: 841, Level: 4 Points: 841, Level: 4 Points: 841, Level: 4
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: Heroin cut with Fentanyl your expierence?

So sorry for your loss. If you need support you have come to the right place. We will keep you in our thoughts. I have no experience with what you are asking so I will let someone who does chime in.

gal

Post Quality Evaluations:
very thoughtful
Old 10-10-2013, 23:48
Silver Member

Thank you! I want to know is it a taboo combo? a combo for the most adventurous heroin user? whatever info anyone can share. Has anyone used this combo? How new is it in the midwest? any info. please. Thanks again! and I am by no means here to judge anyone. I work in health care and have had several family members use illegal drugs. I get it, it is not my first Rodeo. THIS IS the first time a sibling has suspectedly OD'ed, and died.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:49
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Belgium
Cannabisonly is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Really sorry for your brother...

I don't see the point with a combination of Fentanyl and Heroin as they are both Opioids, unless you take very small doses of both at the same time but there's not any benefit you would get from it compared to either drug alone

Heroin have been reported to be cut with Fentanyl as well as a Fentanyl-based RC but I forgot its molecule name
I suspect it is more likely to be what happened, because I really doubt anyone would try that combination on purpose as it doesn't make any sense to me

thoughtful provides useful info

Last edited by Cannabisonly; 11-10-2013 at 04:55.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:27
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Thank you! I want to know is it a taboo combo? a combo for the most adventurous heroin user? whatever info anyone can share.
Here is what I know. Firstly, I doubt 90% of users that end up taking Fentanyl with their H do it intentionally. Fentanyl is, allegedly, a somewhat common cutting agent for Heroin. I don't know how much truth there is to how often it actually occurs, but I do know I've heard it multiple times.

By weight, Fentanyl is many times more powerful than heroin. From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Fentanyl is approximately 100 times more potent than morphine, with 100 micrograms of fentanyl approximately equivalent to 10 mg of morphine and 75 mg of pethidine (meperidine) in analgesic activity.
100 micrograms is an extremely small amount of any substance. Most dealers are not going to be very exact in their measurements, and could very easily add more or less Fentanyl to their H than planned. That sets up a very sticky situation for people who aren't aware Fentanyl may be in their stuff. Although, it's not likely this cutting occurs at the dealer level. It would most likely occur closer to the actual big-time suppliers.

Again, I do not know how often this cutting actually occurs in reality. But if it does occur often enough to truly be the cause of so many of these overdoses, then the above is the reason why it's so dangerous. EXTREMELY sensitive lab equipment would be required to accurately weigh micrograms of a substance. Most of the unscrupulous people involved in Heroin trade are not going to have very good quality controls on their production.

I highly doubt your brother was aware there was any fentanyl in his shot.

I hope this answer helps you understand, at least, how and why this is such a dangerous situation, and it's a bit of speculation on my part, as I have no absolute answers for you. But this is my best guess as to why it's such a serious situation for a user to find himself in.

factual, and easily explained
Old 11-10-2013, 23:22
Silver Member

you all are helping, very much. I feel destroyed. I am the only one left. Our brother that passed in 2010 was from medical problems. Neither of have used drugs. My "baby" brother that just passed 9/2013 ... he hid his IV drug use from his family. So this is a huge shock.

I knew he snorted pills, took Xanax, Hydrocodone, Oxycontin, snorted Adderall. I gave him tough love refusing his collect calls, not talking to him if he was high. He would call at all hours thru the night. I have little ones to take care of, and a wonderful husband. I refusd to be codependent. But, I miss him terribly!!
I actually started grieving for him at the same time our other brother died. He wasn't the person I knew, and I missed the sober pre-drug person he was. I did not abandon him. I took him to the hospital, and rehab when he asked. He just couldn't stay away from the crowd that used, when ever he got out

I have another question, he was found between the threshold of the door half in half out, with a phone in his hand. (a land line phone, and the cord was pull out of the wall).
Is it possible to walk? All OD's I have known, the person is in bed, a chair, slumped over from a sitting position on the floor. The drug paraphernalia found was not in the room he was found in.
The police are calling him a "victim" until their investigation is over.

Clockwise added 1042 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

can a moderator move this over to the fentanyl forum. I didn't realize there was one. Thank you!

Last edited by Clockwise; 11-10-2013 at 23:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on: