Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 15-08-2004, 05:04
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) vs Dramamine (Dimenhydrinate)

Alright I was wondering since these both have two completely different chemicals in them, Benadryl has diphenhydramine while dramamine has dimenhydrinate, is one more recreational or fun than the other? or maybe even dangerous?I've read about both and they seem to give a VERY similar delerium, but im sure there is a diffrence, no two chemicals are the same. I would like anyone to post what they know about the diffrences which they liked more or anythign you have to offer on the subject. It seems to me one would be better to take for this purpose but maybe im wrong.

I have tried diphenhydramine only pills (benadryl) and for my first tiem I took 25 pills ( a very brave and stupid dosage, I had some balls that night ) and started to feel dizzy while I was sitting on my couch watching TV, then about 15-30 minutes after I first felt dizzy I threw up, and I must of threw up all the chemicals because after that I was dead sober, and I havent tried either of them since. But im going to, maybe tonight, but dunno if I want to go with benadryl or dramamine, and am very curious about the diffrences.
Old 15-08-2004, 06:56
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

LSA_CVX is an unknown quantity at this point
i would stay away from benadryl, personally. it just seems to dangerous to me. i don't know.

as for dramamine, i have done it. make sure you don't have anything to do the next day because you will probably feel like CRAP. the last time i did it, i took 10 pills of dimenhydrinate (the "less drowsy" meclazine takes much more, not worth it if you ask me) and i went for a walk around town. i was very irritable and was constantly having small halucinations, thinking people were on the other side of the street, seeing things move, etc. until i would look and realize that there was nothing there. i walked around for about half an hour and then i saw this dog. so i went over and the dog seemed nice enough, so i started petting it and the dog started talking to me in some strange language, but not barking. i understood what he was saying, although i cannot remember it, but i had a conversation with him. after a couple minutes of petting this dog, i thought "this dog has really rough fur..." i immediately snapped back to reality and realized i was petting a low shrub...that was a good night. most intense i have ever done with dram.
Old 16-08-2004, 02:46
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.RoboCop probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7 Points: 2,201, Level: 7
I took 400mg of benadryl last night to try it, whenever I stood up I would stumble like I was really drunk, and when I looked at the back of the benadryl box to read it I couldnt it was all blurry. I had small hallucinations, nothing big, patterns on my white wall that usually arent there, things like that but nothing like I hear, I like the visuals this drug can give u but the feeling of it isnt good. I just felt very "uncomfortable" its hard to explain but the way it made me feel was not enjoyable at all. My friend also did 400mg with me and had the same effects neither of us liked it. Today at work he mentioend the trip and said "never again" I agree. Does Dramamine make you very uncomfortable too? I just couldnt get relaxed something in my body did not feel right, making it impossible to enjoy the trip.
Old 16-08-2004, 12:41

psyko_tripper is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2

"Does Dramamine make you very uncomfortable too? I just couldnt get relaxed something in my body did not feel right, making it impossible to enjoy the trip. "

Yes! Dramamine has the same annoying body load! When I did it, I was so restless, especially my legs. I wanted to sleep bad, but couldn't because I couldn't relax and I was so fking tired! The visuals were interesting and all, I must admit I like the idea of delerium but the body load is just not worth it!
Old 16-08-2004, 12:55
Silver Member

Male from Canada
markdahman is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 624, Level: 3 Points: 624, Level: 3 Points: 624, Level: 3
Hmmm the chemicals are different altho they are completly the same effect wise! They both give intence body loads, with lotsa sleepyness and insane delerium! The chemicals have the same same same same SAME effects thers nothign different about them! Ive done them both many times and theyr the same! if u dont like the bodyload i would suggest a benadryl/Coke night! The benadryl gives u a hardcore bodyload and makes u incredibly tierd as the coke uplifts you and stops u from sleeping... Well it did with me! Or vice virca use the benadryl as a benzo when comming down from coke.. it helps u sleep!
Old 20-09-2004, 01:34
Gold Member

Male
Gahaba22 is a decent psychonaut.Gahaba22 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 296, Level: 2 Points: 296, Level: 2 Points: 296, Level: 2
Benadryl and dramamine are both anticholinergic drugs and Dramamine has diphenhydramine in it- (The active ingredient in Benadryl). They are both crude drugs. That is why you feel such a body load.

geeb
Old 30-10-2004, 12:35

magicmaster141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 247, Level: 2 Points: 247, Level: 2 Points: 247, Level: 2

I did 24 benadryl and that was prolly one of the dumbest things I've done. I've heard ppl say it makes them tierd but I was up all night seeing ppl that weren't there. Lasted untill about 8-9am and I felt realllly crappt the whole day. Also for the 1st hour I was high I really could not stand without holding onto something the body load was that bad. As for dramamine thats the motion sickness pill right? I did those (if thats what your talking about) and it just made me sleep for 3 hours.
Old 03-01-2005, 00:23
Iridium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
pacamohu is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2 Points: 206, Level: 2
I took somewhere between 15-18 dramamine (not the less drowsy ones)
and probably had one of the most uncomfortable experiences in my life. I
took them right before a plane trip and I was with my whole family. I was
really paranoid and felt really sick for most of the night and spent a lot of
the trip past out. Towards the end I had a terrible headache. I would
recomend to do this without a lot of people around and start out with a
smaller dose.
Old 03-01-2005, 21:25
Gold Member

Male from United States
hacnslash is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Dimenhydrinate contains diphenhydramnine and chlorotheophylline, like so:

diphenhydramine:

dimenhydrinate:

since chlorotheophylline has a racy effects, dimenhydrinate and diphenhydramine have very very similar effects, being almost literally the same drug.
Old 08-01-2005, 00:05

Tavz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1

Ive done Dramamine 3 times. First time I did it I took 8, it made me really heavy and I couldnt stay awake, ended up just falling asleep, had a little pain in my stomach.

Second time I took 16, had a little pain in my stomach, stayed up longer, had some hallucinations. Kept thinking I had something in my hand, like a cigarette, except I dont smoke. Also kept trying to pick up my remote off my bed but it kept disappearing.

Third time I took 14. Same as second time except I had this weird feeling, like a chemical feeling or something, didnt feel right. Anyway, I ended up passing out after a few hours. Woke up an hour later with horrible painin my stomach, it hurt so bad, I just sat there curled up for like 30 minutes until it finally went away.

I dont know if the stomach pain is normal or what, but Dramamine really isnt that fun. Its hard to stay awake and for me the high just never felt right, like something was wrong. Anyway, if you are looking for a fast legal high I guess try it, you might like it.
Old 31-05-2005, 05:03

MescalinePirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1
I've found that Diphenhydramine requires a much smaller dosage than
Dimenhydrinate to get the same effects. As for the effects, I don't
really notice any difference.

I have taken 20 of both Benadryl and Dramamine [on separate occassions]
And have seen nothing more than objects swirling out of the corner of
my eye. As for the body load, all my friends who have tried them have
ended up feeling like crap all the next day, while I feel perfectly
fine as soon as it wears off.

Old 09-06-2005, 01:08

pickeljuice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
dramamine is great but so is benadril i cant decide benadrill made me feel like i was floating and dramamine if you take it again take at least a bottle and a half or two bottles that is the best trip and if you get stoned while your on it it makes it alot better in fact i would say dont do dramamine unless you have weed but dont be a pussy if you take it take at least 24 or 18
Old 29-07-2005, 00:36

Shocktherapy should review received reputation comments.

Ok, i've done drammamine a shitload. First off you don't buy actual dramamine, you buy the generic "extra strength motion sickness pills" 2 dollars for a bottle of 100 a HELL of alot cheaper than actual dramamine. Now you will trip off this shit hard, and i mean REALLY f-ing hard the trick to the visual effects is to make sure your in a semi-dark room, all the lights can't be on or you won't trip off it right. The reason you have to do it in the dark is because one of the biggest visual effects of dram is caused by massive pupil dialation in conjunction with REM (rapid eye movement) these two effects together will produce a very very very visualy insane trip, i mean the ground or floor in front of you will wave up and down, the walls will melt, you will go completely incoherant and as you are staring into space the things you will see are incredible (i've played tetris on the ceiling, been at a car lot that wasn't actually there selling cars, looked at the grass ouside at night and seen the ground completely covered in bugs that were all moving in random angles, telephone poles bending over and then back and then the entire world waving up and down) one word to describe a dram trip INTENSE.

Be very careful with this shit as it will make you completely retarded for the duration of your trip, make sure if your trippin with a group of people in a house that you lock yourself in and don't let anyone including yourself leave that residence, if you do get stupid and decide to venture outside by yourself or ina group you will get lost and it can be very very scary...examples of stupid shit you will do - chase the lucky charms guy down the middle of the street fully believing that he will lead you to a pot of gold, digging in the ground for dollar bills, talking backwards to a bush that you believe is your best friend trying to give you a joint to help you out, putting the "joint" to your lips trying to take a hit pulling your hand out in front of you and then realizing that you are holding a twig, and then realizing that you have been talking to a bush the entire time...reality breaks down completely at that point and you may panic...a very bad thing toexpierience on drammamine...chances are if you are out of a safe place tripping this shit you will get arrested, or hit by a car. You and your friends will split up and go different directions so yeah, i would strongly advise that you keep yourself bound to your safe area while on dram.

dosages and effects -

15 extra srength motion sickness pills: Base trip, light visual halucinations, incoherance, trouble verbalizing sentences, balance issues, dementia, extreme dry mouth.

30 extra strength motion sickness pills: Heavy trip, heavy visuals, complete incoherance, no possible verbalization skills, very hard to walk, severe dementia, unbearable dry mouth.

the most i've ever seen anyone take was 52, the end result was my best friend turning into a psychopath, he went completely blind, and uncontrollably violent, he kicked a door down, puched holes in walls, tried to hit us as we attempted to restrain him and then he blacked out and went completely unconscious, at that point in time i went into paramedic mode, his pupilary response was non existant, his eyes were rolled back in his head his pulse rate was weak and his breathing was shallow, he stopped breathing at one point and i had to give him mouth to mouth which restored his lung functions, he went into convultions and seizures about 5 minutes after the mouth to mouth...at that point in time i knew there was a very good chance that he might die, on the floor right in front of us so i did what i had to do. We were at his mothers house, locked in her room were some insulin syringes and a bottle of valium, i disolved the valium in some water and drew 5 ccs of the solution which i then injected into a primary vein. The siezures stopped, he stayed unconscious and we waited all night for him to regain consciousness, which he eventually did and in the end he pulled out of it alright, still to this day he cannot remember anything that happened that night and i will never forget it.

The point of that story is verysimple, drammamine can kill, don't be stupid! at the very MOST take 45 at a time unless you desire to go blind, insane, and into siezures.

for recreation dram is alright if your not an idiot and you can handle it, if your going to try this shit in groups i would not suggest introducing it to your "trip virgin" friends cause they'll just flip out and break your shit. I made the mistake of introducing my girlfriend and one of her girlfriends to drammamine, she couldn't handle it and freaked out, i took 30 and she took 15 as did her friend, i was really fucked up but not as bad as she was, at some point in time while trying to sleep after the trip had gone on for 6 strait hours and was still going strong i wanted to smoke a cigarette, i reached into my pocket and found my pack but i couldn't find a lighter, everywhere i looked i saw one but when i reached over to pick it up it would disapear, i remembered that i had my lighter when i was over by my girlfriends friend so i ventured over to the little matress thing she was layin on to find the damn thing...i musta passed out at that point cause the next thing i see is my girlfriend standing up and screaming "you bastard cheating motherfucker!" before i even have a chance to say anything she kicks me like as hard as she can in the face, i shake it off and get to my feet and she full out attacks me with everything she has, swinging, choking, trying to gouge out my eyes, kicking me...now as fucked up as i am i still know that she's just fucked up and she has no idea what the fuck is going on, and i still know better than to hit a girl so i let her do her crazy fit thing, and then it gets totally out of hand, she runs into her girlfriends kitchen and grabs a huge ass butcher knife fully intent on killing me, she lunges, i grab her arm as i'm disarming her she kicks me in the groin which stuns me long enough for her to slash at me with the knife, it hits its mark across my chest and i begin to bleed rather profusely. Then she trys to go for the kill, with both arms clutching the knife she raises it preparing to bring it down on me, it's life or death at this point so i do what i have to do, with one arm i grab the knife and pull it downwardwhile with the other arm i throw her foreward...and then, unfortunately, i had to put her in the sleeper hold, i then disarmed her hoping that when she came to she would regain some sense of reason...to make a very long story only longshe fought me the entire rest of the night, she ended up trying to stab me again and i called the cops, she was arrested and taken to a psyche ward...the lessonto learn - NEVER EVER trip dram withpeople that can't handle it.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:34

grady983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

I have done both and even though the benadryl was more enjoyable than dramamine, i haven't been able to do either one again or atleast not in such a high dose.

I took a whole box of dramamine(12 pills, 600mg) and it scared the shit out of me. First of all, it made me incredibly parinoid and fearful, then i was scared by plain white walls. I had a few small visuals and one really big one. I remember trying to go upstairs to my bed and on my way i had a long conversation with my mother, which i know didn't happen. It made me very tired and uncomfortable.

When i took benadryl, i did 12 pills(300mg) and it was pretty weird. It gave me slight paranoia but i think that was just because i was with my mom. I had tons of closed eye visuals and a few small open eyed visuals. It screwed up my vision, I was in a starbucks trying to read a book and things started changing sizes, the lights, the words on the pages(it was difficult to read like that). I also had to take off my glasses because my eyes were unfocused like when you go to the eye doctor and they put that crap in your eyes. I did benadryl a few more times after that but i never could bring my self to do a big dose again.
Old 13-09-2005, 20:25
Banned

Male
fnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medlinefnord must mainline Medline
Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12 Points: 6,830, Level: 12

i am 6 foot tall 200 lbs first timew i took dramamine was 12 tablets, which gave me a slight headbuzz, the next day i went and got 3 packages of dramamine, 1 and a half for myself and a friend, 18 tablets each,then i was sitting in a group of my friends and i thought they were talking and when i respond, i hear them say they werent talking, so i dilliruium with hearing and some sight as well, and ill tell you the walls beat like a hearts' pulse and it was fun, another time i was riding in my friends car and i saw a truck appear infront of us and a minutes i blink and its gone, the most recent time i did it was like 4 months ago with a friend 'H' at a friends 'M's house, she didnt like the idea of it but i took 24 or 23 i think and H took 19, i had more dillirium,with having conversations with my friend 'J' who was not present, but i 'saw' him there off and on he appeared and disappeared and then i went to the bathroom and i thought i was standing right over the toilet, but in fact i was in the doorway pissing on her floor('M''s floor), she asked me to clean it up ,which i couldnot do, so i say use dramamine in lower than 20 pills doses and if you choose to do more than 20 , mind you im 200 lbs go in the woods, its fun and less destructive to friends property
Old 04-10-2005, 20:15

XPhishHeadX is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
I have done Dramamine an uncountable amount of times and it gives me full blown hallucinations. Mainly it makes me see people and hear them talkin to me. I can get a trip off as little as 10 Dramamine. As for Benadryl, I have tried tripping on it a few times. The first time I took 20 and all it did was give me that shitty body load and make my stomach hurt. It felt exactly the same as Dramamine only it gave me no hallucinations. The second time I tried Benadryl I took 35 thinking I didn't take enough the first time and again it did the same thing only with very mild visuals, mainly blurred vision. I wouldn't reccomend tripping off either of these because of some horrible past experiences and trips to the ER and psychward. The trip really isn't worth it. But if your set on doing it I would definetly reccommend Dramamine. It gives you crazy hallucinations in moderatly small ammounts. But be very careful that stuff can really mess you up and when you come down you may wake up somewhere you don't wanna be.
Old 13-12-2005, 03:13
Silver Member

Male from Canada
skitz0frantic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
I took 12 dimenhydrinate tablets my first time and just fell asleep, I didnt like the feeling at all. Second time i did 8 tablets with slight visuals it was pretty cool. My advice is dont over do it because if u pop too many, you'll just beleive what you're seeing and hearing(unless that's your fix). You'll have convo's with pillows and friends that aren't there. Plus if someone real actually comes to talk to you, you're screwed. I admit the body load is harsh, cotton mouth is bad. When I'm in the mood for visuals and I only got the motion sickness pills, i get some water, get into bed, lay back and enjoy. Laying down takes the heavy weight off, and cold water helps with the cotton mouth, temporary, but it helps.
Old 27-12-2005, 06:55

Male
Barret VII is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
What's it like trip sitting someone on dimenhydrinate? The delerium really interests me, but I would not want to be around someone that suddenly turns psychopathic. Could someone share some trip sitting advice for this drug?
Old 31-12-2005, 23:16

Female
surrealREALITY is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
well the trip is fun when your alone, but not when you're at school. swim took 32 benadryl 800 mg at school and doesn't remember the trip at all, except talking to people in a bathroom that doesn't exist and passing out during french. but at smaller doses like 350 its fun. you're body gets heavier, but your arms feel lighter. you're vision is shit, you can't focus on anything and everything is mostly wavy looking. you want to move, but it's really difficult to move, but still fun. the hallucinations you will not notice until they're done.

the difference between LSD and diphenhydramine hcl hallucinations are with LSD you see like a purple elephant and you know it's fake. but with benadryl, you see like a person and talk to them for five minutes before they dissapear. and you still think that it's normal that they just dissapeared, so you get angry at them for leaving. then you realize it wasn't real and go 'holy shit i'm tripping hardcore!'

if anyone here has ever done datura it's like that at a high dosage. but at a smaller one, it a very VERY light datura trip

hope that helps!

happy tripping!!!!!!

__________________________________________________ __
Seize the moment, hold it fast
Seize the day and make it last
Lose no moment to stupidity
Bleed the moment, live it free
Old 18-01-2006, 21:10

january16 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like diphenhydramine, but I hate the hallucinations. I wouldn't take anywhere near 25 pills this time! I'm not sure what happened, but last time I took it, I only took 150mg and somehow just on THAT I was completely messed up. After I said anything or somebody said something to me, I was positive it had all been in my head (maybe it was). Then, I thought my sister kept telling me to turn the bathroom light off, so I kept yelling at her to do it herself, and everytime she would ask me what the hell I was talking about and that nobody had said anything to me. There black blobs crawling up the wall, spiders on my pillow, and I could feel things crawling up my legs - not nice. So anyway, I have no clue how such a low dose did that when it would have never come anywhere close to that in the past... but it did. Weird things can happen! Anyway, hallucinating freaks me out, and seeing as I'm a really anxious person to begin with, it scares the shit out of me. If I were you, I'd be really careful about how much I take.
Old 19-01-2006, 01:32
Banned

Male
Aopocetx should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Dimenhydrinate is about 60% as potent as diphenhydramine. Otherwise they are the same.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50

Male
dip is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Re: Benadryl vs Dramamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aopocetx View Post
Dimenhydrinate is about 60% as potent as diphenhydramine. Otherwise they are the same.
SWIM has also read that Dimenhydrinate takes twice the dosage as diphenhydramine. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 29-01-2007, 23:30

Male from Earth
Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.Nacumen probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 911, Level: 4 Points: 911, Level: 4 Points: 911, Level: 4
Re: Benadryl vs Dramamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip View Post
SWIM has also read that Dimenhydrinate takes twice the dosage as diphenhydramine. Can anyone else confirm this?
Based on the information given in this thread, I would say that they are more or less the same. If anything, Dramamine is possibly even more potent than Benadryl, and definitely gives better visuals.

Considering that SWIM has taken 40 pills of 25mg diphenhydramine (1g) and became utterly manic, and considering someone else went into cardiac arrest on 52 dramamine, you can be sure that diphenhydramine isn't half as potent (people take ~26 pills of diphenhydramine all the time, and none have ever almost died due to it.)

Hope that helps.

Share this on:

Tags
benadryl