Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 05:36

33 y/o Male from United States
Irishkingsnm is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Iv suboxone... Hit a nerve? Or did I bust a vein?

I have been iv'ing suboxone 8mg film for around 9 months. A few days ago, my last time, I registered and started to push and immediately felt like my hand fell asleep. I was injecting in my right hand by my thumb. Now my thumb is kinda purple at tip and Iwe nt to the urgent care and they said it might be pooling blood... I wasn't totally honest as its embarrassing. I said I was giving blood and they hit a nerve... I'm taking Septra and soma along with my subs. Please don't say run to the Dr because I can't keep paying the copay... Will this go away? I can say that I threw the 50+ rigs Ihad away dsince that will be my last shot! I have a baby coming and want to change diapers and iv'ing ain't worth it! My gf has Nooooo idea I'mon subs, tha t's why all the secrets... Smh! Thx for any info /experience stories.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:40
Banned

20 y/o Male from United States
drummingstoned20 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2%
Re: Iv suboxone... Hit a nerve? Or did I bust a vein?

Hope you're okay if I'm too late. I've had numbness in my hand as my fingers turned blue slamming heroin but that took atleast 3-4 minutes to notice. If it's a tingle accompanied with a strange pain it sounds like a nerve although not sure that the pooling blood idea would be a nerve. The experience I mentioned was an artery hit. Hand went numb and fingers blue by minute 4 post iv and had to go to the er. However I have high doubts it's that serious. If the tingly sleepy effects wore off just watch the thumb issue and side effects.
If it doesn't go away you are just safer to admit to the doc. Better to possibly lose your script and pay one more copay than upset and dissapoint your wife, especially given the baby.
Hope all is well. Try to quit bud! Good luck.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:58

33 y/o Male from United States
Irishkingsnm is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

will be watching this like a hawk for replies... There's a lil tingle still and blue coloration... I just started the sub program legitimately last week. I have been buying off an acquaintance before now. But as far as iv'ing suboxone, I'm done! Ain't worth it! This is scary! I'm hoping someone else has had the same scare and can reassure me I'll be OK. It doesn't help that when I Google it, the first thing I see is the post about the guy losing his limb... Thanks for your response
Old 07-10-2013, 06:13

27 y/o Male from United States
sauceboss should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I have a bit of medical background, but not extensive. About a year, give or take, to become certified in nursing. I can give you what I THINK happened, but know it's just my opinion and I really can't say anything for certain unless I saw the finger, method of entry for the bacteria (if it's an infection).

It honestly sounds like you hit a nerve, but I really need some more information (if not for my own puzzle loving brain, seeing as your last reply was a month ago).

How long did it take for your finger to change color? How long did it last? Do you have any sensation in the finger? Is there pain? Is it warm or cold? Can you move the finger? Does it feel swollen? I guess that would be the biggest question, because if your thumb is swollen, chances are it's fluid of some kind (most likely blood) invading your interstitial tissues.

Now, the reason I say nerve is because the sensation happened immediately. You struck a nerve, at which point your thumb went numb. If it turned purple/blue within MINUTES of this happening, then again, all signs point to possible nerve damage/rupture. If it were pooled blood, it would have taken much longer to feel any effects, especially the hand going numb.

I hope this might help in some way, and please give us an update on what's happening with this!

Bit of advice; IVing Suboxone is obviously a terrible idea, but if you're careful about it you don't have much to worry about. I would say that injecting in your hands or near your hands can be a bad idea. There are lots of nerves running through the hands. You obviously are trying to hide this (aren't we all?) so the most common spots are out like the basilic vein. However, a better spot that I have found has been my forearms. My arms are rather hairy, so it's more difficult to see any marks.

Of course, ensure you're using sterile equipment and (if possible) use brand new needles every time. I understand this is impossible (I know I can't find a new fit every day), but if anything, don't SHARE needles. If someone offers to give you some, ensure they're not used. Dull needles can absolutely destroy the tissues in your arms/veins along with nerves, etc.

Hope all goes well for you if you did indeed quit IVing.

Share this on:

» New Threads
Can't get hard cause of Xanax?
Last post by doesit
3 Replies, 115 Views
Should i come off suboxone?
Last post by figgy
4 Replies, 74 Views
Tramadol use after prescribed for...
Last post by detoxin momma
2 Replies, 21 Views
Hallucinations on MDMA comedown?