Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 29-09-2013, 01:16

33 y/o Male from Canada
W420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Can you get high off Trazodone 100mg?

my brother just got perscribed trazadone 100mg and when he took it he felt "fuzzy and weird" his words, any way if were to take more then the perscribed amount would i feel any "high" effects and i am about 140lbs so how much would i have to take to feel anything if it depends on weight
Old 29-09-2013, 01:55

Female from United States
Lisatnob is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Can you get high off Trazadone 100mg

No trazadone is a non Narcotic sleep medication that also helps with depression. When I was in rehab they prescribed it to me. Hope this is helpfull
Old 29-09-2013, 16:18
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.A_Grant probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 492, Level: 3 Points: 492, Level: 3 Points: 492, Level: 3
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

The short anwser is no.

Now, the long anwser:

Assuming you are refering to the drug TrazOdone, then no, there is no recreationnal potential.

At this dosage (100mg), the desired outcome is likely sedation. Higher dosage taken all at once is just going to produce more sedation, but no in a linear dose dependant manner. It won't "knock you out" like some other slleping medication would.

Trazodone was designed to be an antidepressant (altough it is very rarely used as such since there is now better alternatives) and dosages a lot higher than 100 mg were administred to patients.

For sleep-induction, it is, in my humble opinion, the most interresting "safe" alternative out there, because it does not cause dependance, tolerance and has no abuse potential like z-drugs and benzodiazepines do.

But you won't get high from it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great answer. A plus across the board.
Old 08-10-2013, 15:25

29 y/o Male from United States
BenzosNblows is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

No u can't get high from trazodone, it doesn't even help with sleep really....
Old 08-10-2013, 15:35
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzosNblows View Post
No u can't get high from trazodone, it doesn't even help with sleep really....
Careful, saying something like that can cause some inexperienced people to take dangerous amounts. I get extremely tired on this shit (opinion only) medication and 100mg is enough to knock me out.

If you don't get sleepy from it that is understandable but please remember that not everyone is the same and it can be dangerous to suggest that because you don't feel X from a substance that no one will.

Oh, and while it is prescribed for depression some doctors (although rare) do prescribe it just for sleep. It is highly correct that their is no reason to ever up a dose on a medication like trazadone because it can be dangerous. It is a CNS (Central Nervous System) depressant and its extremely rare that it gives anything to people for recreational value.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:50

29 y/o Male from United States
BenzosNblows is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Sorry about that, I meant to say it doesn't help ME in anyway really. I was prescribed 300 mg because that was the highest the doctor said he personally goes with trazodone, he also said there is a ceiling dose I think around 500 mg that if u dint feel any effect from that you won't feel any effect no matter how high u dose. Also the lethal dose is extremely high, it would be hard to OD on trazodone, it is fairly safe and non addictive, that is why it is so commonly prescribed, especially to ex-addicts, and it is sometimes tried before prescribing ambien or benzos, due to it being so much safer. Many times doctors will just skip perscribing the trazodone to a patient because they know it is usually not very effective. Just MY opinion.

BenzosNblows added 4 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Oh and there some nasty side effects that some people experience. It gave a few buddies in rehab uncontrollable boners that would not go away, even after they tried to ejacualte. One of them told the nurse and guess what they did....took a freaking horse needle and stuck it in dudes boner and sucked out his "bloody boner juices" in order to stop the erection. LOL sorry guys for the graffic post

Last edited by BenzosNblows; 09-10-2013 at 04:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-11-2013, 16:17

Female from United States
JenEver is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

My friend weights 127 (underweight for height) and took 50mg. He felt like he was going to throw up when trying to stand, but when lying down felt very good with happy pictures in his head. Because this medication seems to want one to 'keep lying down' I doubt he would suggest it for any recreational value whatsoever. It is probably a drug best kept for its intended purpose - to have 'antidepressant' and 'sedative sleep' effects only for those who need it.
Old 23-11-2013, 09:49

Male from United States
walkswithpain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I have taken trazodone a few times (as a legal script) over the years. I worked great for me for sleeping. I am very worried about sleeping pill addiction. But reading the earlier threads I may ask for it again (seeing it is safe). I work midnights and sometimes I cannot stay asleep. I have amazed myself how little sleep I get over a 5 or 6 day work week -- but then on the first day off sleep 15-17 hours.
Old 25-11-2013, 09:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I'd like to add on that trazodone does not get you high, I've read varying answers on the internet so don't let those confuse you. It's not something to mess around with either, as in trying to get high off it or taking a large dosage. A while back I was being rather foolish and snorted one, and oh my that was disgusting.

I also once took 200mg to try to fall into a heavy sleep, and it was a very uncomfortable experience, everytime I was about to fall asleep my body would spaz out or violent twitch. Never touched it again since. I guess it just works better therapeutically for others rather than myself. Sorry if I got off-topic.

Share this on:

Tags
priapism, serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitors, trazodone, trazodone high, trazodone negative effects, z-drugs