Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > Drug News > Health (News)
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Health (News) News about drug research, treatment, and health issues.

Old 26-09-2013, 03:28
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,076, Level: 11 Points: 6,076, Level: 11 Points: 6,076, Level: 11
Activity: 19.7% Activity: 19.7% Activity: 19.7%
First US cases of flesh eating drug Krokodil' reported in Arizona

The first cases of a terrifying new drug called 'Krokodil' that eats flesh from the inside out, is flammable and leaves addicts with reptilian-like skin have been reported this week in Arizona - and the state fears the beginning of an epidemic.

Popular in Russia, Krokodil is homemade, is three-times cheaper than heroin and created by mixing codeine with gasoline or oil, filtering it and then injecting the rancid concoction into the users body.

Banner's Poison Control Center most likely encountered the drug when two addicts arrived in emergency rooms with their flesh hanging off their body, exposing bone or with skin resembling that of a crocodile, hence its name.

'We've had two cases this past week that have occurred in Arizona,' said Dr. Frank LoVecchio, the co-medical director at Banner's Poison Control Center to KPHO.Com.

'As far as I know, these are the first cases in the United States that are reported. So we're extremely frightened,' he continued.

Continual use of Krokodil causes blood vessels to burst, leaving skin green and scaly among addicts eventually causing gangrene and their flesh to begin to rot. Rabid use in Russia has caused up to 2.5 million people to register and seek treatment as addicts and the average life span for a user is only two to three years. 'When drug users do it repeatedly, the skin sloughs. It causes hardening of their skin. It will cause necrosis,' explained LoVecchio.

LoVechhio says that the two cases he has encountered are most likely linked and he declined to comment on the appearance of the two users. 'Where there is smoke there is fire, and we're afraid there are going to be more and more cases,' said LoVechhio.

In Russia, Krokodil usage is spreading like a virus among young people and according to a Time magazine investigation, even those who manage to quit their addiction come away disfigured for life.

Some users in Russia develop brain damage and speech impediments in addition to the horrific scars. Krokodil, whose medical name is desomorphine, has the same mental effect as heroin but is produced with over-the-counter codeine and mixed with gasoline, paint thinner, hydrochloric acid and even the red phosphorous scraped from the tips of matches. Prevalent in Siberia and the Russian Far East, the explosion of users began in 2002, but over the past five years in Russia, usage has trebled.

In 2011 alone, Russia's Federal Drug Control Service confiscated 65 million doses. The flesh rotting that is specific to Krokodil occurs directly at the injection site which could be anywhere from the feet to the forehead to the more traditional arms. According to Time magazine, 'Gangrene and amputations are a common result, while porous bone tissue, especially in the lower jaw, often starts to dissipate, eaten up by the drug's acidity.'

9-25-13
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-Arizona.html

Quote:
info on the poison control center that assumed those 2 were taking krokodil.., there has not been lab testing. With actual heroin extremely cheap and available, plus no otc codiene.. I dont see why they would shoot this let alone be an epidemic

Anyway just in case someone wants to inquire

Banner Good Samaritan Poison and Drug Information Center 24-hour phone: 1-800-222-1222

Post Quality Evaluations:
striker strips. not match heads. interesting post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Krokodil-flesh-eating-drug-found-in-Arizona-665x385.jpg (21.8 KB, 581 views)

Last edited by Basoodler; 26-09-2013 at 04:17.
Old 26-09-2013, 03:39
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu
Basoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumBasoodler is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Re: First US cases of flesh eating drug Krokodil' reported in Arizona

2 cases of flesh-eating drug use in Arizona Posted:

A warning from doctors. A street drug that can rot human flesh and literally make it fall off the bone is being used in Arizona.

The drug is called krokodil. It's similar to heroin or morphine, and is made by mixing codeine with things like gasoline, paint thinner, oil or alcohol.

That mixture is then injected into a vein.

The drug first popped up in Russia but has spread to other countries in Europe and now the U.S.

"This is really frightening. This is something we hoped would never make it to the U.S. because it's so detrimental to the people who use it," said Dr. Aaron Skolnik, toxicologist at Banner Health.

"They cause damage to the blood vessels damage to the tissue and there are horrific pictures from Russia that show skin literally falling off the bone."

Doctors say the life expectancy of a krokodil user is just 3 years.

Posted: Sep 25, 2013 8:10 PM EDT Updated: Sep 25, 2013 8:13 PM EDT By FOX 10 News - Staff Report

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23...use-in-arizona

lol! I love your "RULES:" especially the "YOLO" haha very informative post, I'd considered posting it myself when I saw it on the news :)
Old 26-09-2013, 03:41
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

First cases of flesh-eating drug reported in AZ By Greg Argos

Banner's Poison Control Center says the two first cases of people using a drug that can rot flesh have been reported in Arizona.

"We've had two cases this past week that have occurred in Arizona," said Dr. Frank LoVecchio,the co-medical director at Banner's Poison Control Center.

"As far as I know,these are the first cases in the United States that are reported. So we're extremely frightened," he continued.

The drug is known as Krokodil,and it's extremely popular in Russia. Users mix codeine with hydrocarbons,like gasoline,oil or alcohol. The mixture is then filtered and boiled before being injected into the vein. LoVecchio says users end up injecting fuel into their bodies.

"They extract [the drug] and even though they believe that most of the oil and gasoline is gone,there is still remnants of it. You can imagine just injecting a little bit of it into your veins can cause a lot of damage," he said.

In fact,what ends up happening is the flesh can rot from the inside out. Some users even develop sores that resemble alligator skin,hence the name of the drug.

"When [drug users] do it repeatedly, the skin sloughs. It causes hardening of their skin. It will cause necrosis," explained LoVecchio.

LoVecchio believes the two cases reported in Arizona are linked,but he couldn't elaborate on the patients' conditions. He says he hopes the trend does not continue to spread.

"Where there is smoke there is fire, and we're afraid there are going to be more and more cases," he said.

http://m.kltv.com/autojuice?targetUr...reported-in-az
Old 26-09-2013, 03:55
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

PHOENIX - It’s a deadly drug out of Russia that’s now hit the Valley.

"In the 12 years that I've been doing substance abuse and prevention education, it's probably the most destructive drug I've ever seen,” said Shelly Mowrey, a substance abuse and prevention expert in the Valley.”

They call the flesh-eating drug “Krokodil.” Mowrey says it started in Siberia in 2002 and quickly spread across Russia’s transient and prostitute populations.

What they started noticing was all these horrendous, flesh-eating types of wounds on people,” said Mowrey.

It’s a deadly mixture of codeine, red phosphorous, iodine, and paint thinner. Users of the drug see their skin turn green, bumpy, and scaly.

Cooking the drug isn’t hard at all.

"It's similar to the methamphetamine,” Mowrey said. “Cook with a hot pan, chemicals, and it only takes 30 minutes to cook.”

And with reports of Krokodil usage in the Valley, Mowrey says it’s something we shouldn’t take lightly. The lifespan of a user is relatively short, anywhere from one to two years.

"What I see are not the flesh-eating wounds, but the dreams and the lives that are destroyed because of drug use,” Mowrey said.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...its-the-Valley 9-25-13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-2432802-18454BBE00000578-251_634x430.jpg (28.5 KB, 423 views)
Old 26-09-2013, 04:45
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Quote:
the state fears the beginning of an epidemic
Talk about a slippery slope. Its 2 people

could it be Necrotizing Fasciitis from bad black tar

, or a flesh eating bacteria in the dope they used?

Like this case in 1996
Quote:
Sabin Russell, Chronicle Staff Writer Published 4:00 am, Saturday, April 20, 1996
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...ea-2985503.php

Sabin Russell, Chronicle Staff Writer Published 4:00 am, Saturday, April 20, 1996 An infection of "flesh-eating bacteria" has stricken at least two dozen Bay Area heroin addicts,killing three and prompting public health departments to post warnings at drug treatment clinics.

Public health authorities suspect that a contaminated batch of Mexican black tar heroin is responsible for the cases,which may have peaked in March and already appear to be subsiding.
...just sayin'

Last edited by Basoodler; 26-09-2013 at 05:06.
Old 26-09-2013, 05:49
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
cjb85 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 248, Level: 2 Points: 248, Level: 2 Points: 248, Level: 2
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

Codeine isn't very prevalent where I'm from. Codeine can be bought over the counter in places where krokodil is popular, no? I don't think it will here become the problem it seems to be in Russia. Codeine is only available through prescription in the US and it seems docs here prescribe a hell of a lot more tramadol and hydrocodone than codeine for the kind of pain codeine would be prescribed for.

The bald guy in that pic isn't a krokodil user by the way, he was a stabbing victim. I was looking up krokodil stuff on youtube a while back and the video was in Russian and it claimed he was a user on there too but some English speaking Russians said no he was stabbed. Krokodil user pics can be a hell of a lot more graphic than that.

Shows how lies are perpertrated in media coverage of drug use

Last edited by cjb85; 26-09-2013 at 05:57.
Old 26-09-2013, 06:28
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Lol the first article uses that picture as an example...the press are shameless
Old 26-09-2013, 06:31
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.
Points: 833, Level: 4 Points: 833, Level: 4 Points: 833, Level: 4
Activity: 13.7% Activity: 13.7% Activity: 13.7%

Don't want to sound like a twat but if people inject that shit they deserve what they get, I can't get my head round it, makes your flesh rot and you will prob be dead in 3 years? WTF, I thought crack was bad but this takes the piss.
It's sad how desperate people can get and how little they value there life and health.
I'm asuming they're doing this because they can't get proper opiates where they are from, I can't see people in the us or uk doing it because H is just a phone call away.

this is quite a demeaning comment. Drug addict in Russia is not what a westerner wants to imagine to be. People are desperate because they are addicted and are addicted because they are desperate. Nothing about false pride here.
Old 26-09-2013, 06:41
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Heroin he abundant in the us too. Its getting to be As common as weed.really

What gets me is the poison control place made a snap judgment call and associated it to krokodil with no supporting inforrmation.. It would probably cost more to make this shit than buying H.

its not unheard of for IV users to pick up a necrosis .. Hell there are brain eating ameoba in the news..
Old 26-09-2013, 07:11
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
cjb85 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 248, Level: 2 Points: 248, Level: 2 Points: 248, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soso View Post
Don't want to sound like a twat but if people inject that shit they deserve what they get, I can't get my head round it, makes your flesh rot and you will prob be dead in 3 years? WTF, I thought crack was bad but this takes the piss.
It's sad how desperate people can get and how little they value there life and health.
I'm asuming they're doing this because they can't get proper opiates where they are from, I can't see people in the us or uk doing it because H is just a phone call away.
Russia is one of the closest heroin markets to the Golden Crescent. Heroin is a true epidemic is some parts of Russia, especially the areas that border Kazakhstan. I know a guy that knows a guy from Russia and it's not hard to get it in Moscow either apparently.

Last edited by cjb85; 26-09-2013 at 07:32.
Old 26-09-2013, 09:32

24 y/o Female from Earth
godxmachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb85 View Post
Codeine can be bought over the counter in places where krokodil is popular, no?
No, it's been prescription-only here for a couple of years already.

no one knows what you mean by "here." please be more specific
Old 26-09-2013, 15:57
Silver Member

soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.soso really adds to the discussion.

If they can get H so easily I can't understand why they would knowingly use this shit, just because Russia is a main route for heroin to enter the west doesn't mean it's cheap all over Russia, the way I see it is tonnes of H comes into the uk via airports every year but you go and try to score at an airport, it just passes through.
Even if there is a lot of H in Russia and to us it is cheap to them it is still too expensive, the poor there are really poor and it's a big percentage of the population.
It must be cheaper for these krokidil adicts to go by the codeine and cook it up into desomorphine.
They still must be fuckin mental, seen some of the pics with people's entire bone visible in there arm or leg, one geezer got no flesh from the knee down at all with his foot in a bucket because its oozing so much shit. I regret my drug use but fuck man I don't feel so bad after seein that shit.
Old 26-09-2013, 18:06
MikePatton MikePatton is nu online
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Israel
MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.MikePatton really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,335, Level: 5 Points: 1,335, Level: 5 Points: 1,335, Level: 5
Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0% Activity: 7.0%

I've seen some junkie in Tel aviv that had the same symptoms, but I didn't just jump to the conclusion that it's krokodil... I hardly think it will become an epidemic in the west, people aren't as hardcore as in Russia. Really the only use for this drug is for those who want to commit painful suicide and also get high on the way. And even for that there are better drugs.
Old 26-09-2013, 18:52
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Soso people can't just go get codiene in the USA.. UNLESS they lived near mexico. even then, the border towns in mexico offer a wide vaiety of drugs.. I've seen drug dealers on the streets intermixed with kids selling chickle (mexican gum).. And taxi drivers asked premtively what sorts of drugs you were looking for..or prostitutes

I think even canada puts it behind the counter now

I don't even see an american drug dealer bothering with selling it.. or a mexican drug dealer..unless its in some syrup for drank

Last edited by Basoodler; 26-09-2013 at 18:58.
Old 26-09-2013, 19:01
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

The only codeine available OTC in America is codeine syrup with at least one more active ingredient, usually guaifenesin. I have no idea how to extract the codeine from the syrup.

I do not believe people are taking Tylenol 3s and extracting the codeine and making "krokodil".

Heroin is pretty easy to get and if you can't score in your area, you'd just end up eating a ton of the T3s and get a buzz.

I think it's an infection from bad heroin.

Please read this post from &rew, a Russian heroin users who knows a lot about chemistry and knows how the krokodil is made http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...8&postcount=29
Old 26-09-2013, 19:01
Silver Member

18 y/o Male from Earth
ED50 is a decent psychonaut.ED50 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2 Points: 254, Level: 2
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

If you watch the VICE documentary on it, it does point out that krokodil is a last resort, users apparently never start with it. It's only when they don't have enough money to buy H that users turn to krokodil, because getting the materials for it is cheap, fast, and you can make lot of it...or at least that's the impression I got, correct me if I'm wrong.
Nasty drug, I can't imagine the pain it gives to the user; both mental and physical.
Old 26-09-2013, 19:04
Silver Member

wasn't on about the USA, I was on about places where krokidil is more common like Russia and east Europe. Im not convinced anyone in the US has used it long enough to suffer the flesh eating side of the drug, and if they have its probably an isolated incident. 2 cases "reported" in the same week seems a bit of a coincidence and the media has a way of sensationalising drug stories. Even if the 2 people had used krokidil to say it could be the start of an epidemic is a joke.
Old 26-09-2013, 19:26
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from USA - Nevada
DazedforDays is on the way upDazedforDays is on the way upDazedforDays is on the way upDazedforDays is on the way up
Points: 480, Level: 3 Points: 480, Level: 3 Points: 480, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
The only codeine available OTC in America is codeine syrup with at least one more active ingredient, usually guaifenesin. I have no idea how to extract the codeine from the syrup.

I do not believe people are taking Tylenol 3s and extracting the codeine and making "krokodil".

Heroin is pretty easy to get and if you can't score in your area, you'd just end up eating a ton of the T3s and get a buzz.

I think it's an infection from bad heroin.

Please read this post from &rew, a Russian heroin users who knows a lot about chemistry and knows how the krokodil is made http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...8&postcount=29
Just a correction, codeine is not available OTC in any form in the country. As someone has already said in Russia and other European (and possibly elsewhere) countries Codeine is available without a prescription making it much more economical. Of course the writers will never mention this and are just trying to nab readers with the outrageous claim of this possibly being the beginning of an epidemic.

News anchors and journalists really piss me off sometimes with the stupid shit they say just to grab attention. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize an epidemic would never take place in a country where codeine is scheduled. No addict is going to pay to see a doctor and then pay for the prescription time and time again

Last edited by DazedforDays; 26-09-2013 at 19:51.
Old 26-09-2013, 19:35
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Mp,

When he says m-cholinotic does that refer to something like dph or atropine?

I found this a long time ago and it seems to shed some light on things.

Quote:
Contributions to the History of the Opium Alkaloids (Part III). By C. R. A. Wright (Proc. Roy. Soc. xx, 8).

This paper treats of the products obtained by the action of hydriodic acid on codeine in presence of phosphorus.
Edit: removed techical stuff to prevent stupidity

This is now all over the mainsteam media.. and on those cable news tickers I'm sure

Too bad they are not mentioning that there may be some bad black tar in arizona.. that may save a life or limb.. which is a lot more than this hysteria will do

Last edited by Basoodler; 26-09-2013 at 20:04.
Old 26-09-2013, 20:14

Male from United States
WraithRanma should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

I watched the VICE video on this, scary as hell... Why would someone inject something they know will 100% leave them with ONE CAREER PATH: Zombie acting, if they are lucky to live more than a few months... people pushing this deadly poison should be locked up forever or beat to death in the streets. If you knowningly sell a product that will without an absolute doubt cause such immediate harm for a living a thief is a better person than you, fuck this makes heroin dealers look like not so bad people and thats scary in and of itself...
Old 26-09-2013, 20:34
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

XCLUSIVE: A new designer drug called krokodil -- a derivative of morphine that can turn an addict's skin greenish,scaly and cause it to rot away -- is being eyed by officials at the Drug Enforcement Administration,FoxNews.com has learned.

"We're looking at it overseas,but we have not seen it yet in the U.S.," DEA spokesman Rusty Payne told FoxNews.com. "But we would not be surprised when that day comes."

Thus far,users of krokodil -- or desomorphine -- have only been found in large numbers in Russia,where 65 million doses of the opiate have been seized during the first three months of this year alone,Russia's Federal Drug Control Service told Time.

To produce the potentially deadly drug,which has a comparable effect to heroin but is much cheaper to make,users mixcodeine with gasoline,paint thinner,iodine,hydrochloric acid and red phosphorous. Codeine,a controlled substance in the United States used to treat mild to moderate pain,is widely available over the counter in Russia.

In 2010,up to a million people,according to various estimates, were injecting the resulting substance into their veins in Russia, thus far the only country worldwide to see it grow into an epidemic, Time reports.

The drug's sinister nickname -- also known as crocodile -- refers to the greenish and scaly appearance of a user's skin at the site of injection as blood vessels rupture and cause surrounding tissues to die. According to reports,the drug first appeared in Siberia and parts of Russia around 2002,but has spread throughout the country in recent years.

Officials at the Washington-based National Institute on Drug Abuse told FoxNews.com that they had not heard of the drug prior to Tuesday's inquiry by FoxNews.com.

Dr. Ellen Marmur,chief of dermatological and cosmetic surgery at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City,told FoxNews.com she had never seen any cases involving krokodil,but said it reminded her of "skin popping," or when intravenous drug users inject a substance directly into their skin due to damaged veins

This looks to me a lot like skin popping,what drug users used to do back in the day with heroin and other drugs," Marmur said. "It just kills the skin,that's what you're seeing,big dead pieces of skin."

Those large pieces of dead skin are referred to as eschars,Marmur said,leaving the user prone to infection,amputation and other complications.

Marmur said she was concerned that the drug could eventually make its way into the United States.

"It's horrible," she continued. "These people are the ultimate in self-destructive drug addiction. Once you're an addict at this level, any rational thinking doesn't apply."

Dr. Lewis Nelson,a medical toxicologist at Bellevue Hospital Center in New York,said he doubts krokodil will reach the United States due to the availability of other cheap,powerful drugs such as black tar heroin and Oxycontin.

"It's not going to become a club drug,I can guarantee you that," he san guarantee you that," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/28...intcmp=related
Old 26-09-2013, 20:44

24 y/o Female from Earth
godxmachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedforDays View Post
Just a correction, codeine is not available OTC in any form in the country. As someone has already said in Russia and other European (and possibly elsewhere) countries Codeine is available without a prescription making it much more economical.
dude
it used to be abailable OTC here (i live in russia) but then it was made prescription only. of course there are drugstores which still sell it to make a quick buck but still...i doubt it's THAT easy to get.
Old 26-09-2013, 21:09
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
SpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline Medline
Points: 3,395, Level: 8 Points: 3,395, Level: 8 Points: 3,395, Level: 8
Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7%

I hope this is a freaking joke. Really, I do.

It almost sounds like TheOnion.com went viral on a drug story satire. Really, I can't believe people are this stupid. Both the media and the supposed users. I think it is just homeless junkies that got infections and skin disorders from living on the streets and injecting. Honestly, if you are knowingly willing to inject caustic, carcinogenic, and volatile materials that are shipped with MSDSs and have an NFPA fire hazard sticker on them, Darwin might be taking his work and moving forward with ya'.

Quote:
It's similar to heroin or morphine, and is made by mixing codeine with things like gasoline, paint thinner, oil or alcohol.
I'm going to make a loud and clear point: IF A TRUCKER HAS TO GET SPECIAL TRAINING AND CLEARANCES TO SHIP MATERIALS THAT YOU WILLINGLY WANT TO PUT IN YOUR VEINS, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Sure, do enough drugs and not get water: your skin will do some fun stuff. And in another spectrum, inject where it is humid and nasty. They had guys injecting horse tranquilizers in the middle of Guatemala with large open infections and holes because of high humidity causing skin infections to propagate from bacteria thriving in the moisture. I'm sure the slums of Russia cause some severe dry skin. :|

*stamps around in a circle and throws a chair*

Drugs don't enable anthropomorphism.

I'm out!

Please don't be so judgmental of desperate people in bad situations.

Last edited by SpatialReason; 26-09-2013 at 21:14.
Old 26-09-2013, 21:30
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

In the vast pharmacopeia of illegal street drugs, few have as heinous a reputation as desomorphine, popularly known as crocodile or "krokodil." An opiate that's chemically related to morphine and heroin, krokodil earned its name in two ways: Addicts develop dark, scaly lesions on their skin, and the drug tends to eat its victims alive, like a crocodile.

Krokodil first surfaced in Russia several years ago, where users discovered the drug was much cheaper than heroin and could easily be cooked in a kitchen by combining codeine with gasoline, oil, alcohol or paint thinner, Fox News reports.

And now, krokodil has arrived in the United States: Two cases of people addicted to the drug have been reported in Arizona. "As far as I know, these are the first cases in the United States," said Dr. Frank LoVecchio, director at Banner Good Samaritan Poison and Drug Information Center in Arizona, as quoted by Fox News. "So we're extremely frightened." [Trippy Tales: The History of 8 Hallucinogens]

Krokodil is injected with a hypodermic needle, and necrosis — the death and decay of living tissue — can quickly set in. Gangrene and amputations are common among addicts, who often die within two or three years after they start using the drug, according to the Daily Mail.

Like other opiates, krokodil is powerfully addictive, and even those users who kick the habit often walk away severely disfigured: severe scarring, bone damage, amputated limbs, speech impediments, poor motor skills and varying degrees of brain damage — for life.

And it doesn't take much lab equipment to make: The illegal production of krokodil in Russia and the Ukraine is similar to the chemical processes used to home-produce methamphetamine, according to an article published online June 3 in the International Journal of Drug Policy. To make krokodil, producers transform codeine into its opiate analog called desomorphine, whose analgesic effect is about 10 times greater than that of morphine — it's also about three times more toxic than morphine, the authors wrote.

Krokodil users may avoid seeking help partly due to the stigma attached to drug use. "In countries where public campaigns or media position drug use as social evil and where health providers are viewed as closely aligned with law enforcement or other systems of social control (e.g. child protection agencies), PWID [people who inject drugs] are likely to postpone seeking treatment for medical problems that need urgent professional care," the authors wrote in their journal article.

"This is really frightening," Dr. Aaron Skolnik, a toxicologist at Banner Good Samaritan Poison and Drug Information Center in Phoenix, told Fox News. "This is something we hoped would never make it to the U.S. because it's so detrimental to the people who use it."

9-26
http://m.livescience.com/39970-kroko...crocodile.html
Old 26-09-2013, 21:38
Titanium Member

Male from Tuvalu

Florida?

Synthetic drugs

The Coalition’s next day meeting was held at the Culinary Arts Building on the HCHS campus on Sept. 17. A new synthetic heroin drug called Krokodil was discussed at length. Five adult members of the Coalition and two male SWAT students from HCHS first learned about it at the Mid-Year Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) Institute meeting in Austin, Tx.

The use of Krokodil, McDonald explained, started in Russia and has now made its way to the U.S. The drug is injected into the skin just like heroin. The problem with this synthetic drug is that it eats flesh.

“Around the area where it is injected, the skin turns scaly like a crocodile’s skin,” said McDonald. “That’s where it got the name Krokodil.”

Authorities in South Florida, she said, have already begun dealing with its use in their communities.

“The bad thing is this stuff will start to eat the flesh and it will eat your internal organs,” McDonald continued. “The people who get on it will die within a year. It will destroy their bodies that fast.”

It was noted that sanitariums are beginning to fill up with people who have used this drug because it eats the brain and causes mental illness issues. There is no cure.

Of the two students who attended the meeting in Austin, McDonald said, “It was a good experience for them. It opened their eyes and they realized there were people from all over the United States working on the same problems and the same issues that they have.”

Another street drug that is causing concern among local law enforcement officials is a synthetic form of Ecstasy referred to as “Molly”. McDonald said everyone should be aware, especially if they are out at a club or party, and they should never leave a drink unattended, as someone may slip the drug into the drink.

This new synthetic form of Ecstasy, McDonald said, “is even worse on the body than Ecstasy.”

http://suwanneedemocrat.com/jasper/x...tion-coalition

Last edited by Basoodler; 26-09-2013 at 21:46.

Share this on:

Tags
krokodil, krokodil news