Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 23-09-2013, 07:58
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth
Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 428, Level: 3 Points: 428, Level: 3 Points: 428, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Theoretically, can't kratom be snorted/insufflated?

So, I have to wonder... if the Thais can chew on kratom leaves all day long and get effects from buccal administration through the mucous membrane lining the mouth, why is it that the active chemicals in kratom can't be absorbed through the sinuses or nostril membranes via snorting powder? Would this work?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting idea to be brought up.
Old 23-09-2013, 09:24
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
Re: Theoretically, can't kratom be snorted/insufflated?

I would think that while this should work, it would probably fuck up the sinuses to where a person would not want to ever do it again. Plant matter really should not go up the nose. ��
Old 23-09-2013, 09:36
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
I would think that while this should work, it would probably fuck up the sinuses to where a person would not want to ever do it again. Plant matter really should not go up the nose. ��
Well, not to argue, but Amazonian peoples have been snorting yopo for hundreds of years... that's just ground up DMT-containing seeds. What's more, there are some tribes in South America that snot the burnt inner bark of certain trees. Also, tobacco snuff.
Old 23-09-2013, 09:43
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

Oh, we'll I stand corrected, but.... I will give someone else the honor of finding out what happens if it goes good.

By taste alone I would not want to try, but thank you for raising an interesting idea. I always wondered about plugging kratom tea. Then again, no more opiates or kratom for me. Good thread.
Old 23-09-2013, 09:49
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
Oh, we'll I stand corrected, but.... I will give someone else the honor of finding out what happens if it goes good.

By taste alone I would not want to try, but thank you for raising an interesting idea. I always wondered about plugging kratom tea. Then again, no more opiates or kratom for me. Good thread.
Thank you. I try not to be redundant when I can help it. Although I feel others have asked this question in the past, no one's really gone into the physiology of it.

I figure that if kratom's alkaloids can be absorbed by the lining of the mouth, they should be able to be absorbed by the rectal wall too. In which case I don't think the nostril linings are far fetched.
Old 23-09-2013, 12:15
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Amazing Jeans is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeru View Post
Well, not to argue, but Amazonian peoples have been snorting yopo for hundreds of years... that's just ground up DMT-containing seeds. What's more, there are some tribes in South America that snot the burnt inner bark of certain trees. Also, tobacco snuff.
When ever I have seen a tribe snorting a powder it is a tiny amount of a powder, with Kratom you would need far too much to make it a possibility unless you fancy sticking several grams of powder up your nose I think we can say this idea is a no goer.
Old 23-09-2013, 16:44
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

I've made extracts with alcohol and let them dry way past a gummy point to where when scraped up, it was flakey and easy to crush into a powder. I suppose if one had a low tolerance, they could snort some of that but that would still probably have to snort at least a gram.

I was messing with this girl who wanted to snort anything she could: benzos, phenobarbital, stimulants, hydrocodone pills (huge fuckers), even buspirone for so reason. She just liked snorting.

Well she's still at my house and we have a bag of kratom and she's like "I wonder if you could snort kratom?". Well at first I was gonna be like "nah" but I kinda wanted to get her over her little snorting fetish and also wanted to fuck with her so I'm like "yeah, sure but you'd have to snort a lot". She's like "well I don't care". So I weigh out like 2 grams of powder kratom into this huge fat line and she goes to snort it and barely got like a quarter of it up her nose before she starts coughing and choking and dry heaving and opens my front door and start spitting and shit for like 5 minutes. Then she sits back down and tries to finish the rest! Repeat once more until she decided "you can't fucking snorting this shit!!". I sat their and laughed my ass off. She was such an idiot.

Sometimes the only way to learn that the hot stove will burn you is to touch it.

Hilarious enlighting story!!!
Funny post--snorting kratom is like snorting carnation instant breakfast: ya could, but why?

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 23-09-2013 at 16:45. Reason: dd
Old 23-09-2013, 17:05
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.
Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

This point is valid - to a point. There is a difference - a huge difference! - between snorting/insufflation and using nasal snuff.

The material is mostly dry, finely but not too finely ground, and then the material is lightly breathed into the inside of the nose. You do not bring it into your sinus cavities. That can cause significant injury and will hurt a lot. It also won't get you off.

This ROA works quite well for tobacco because you don't need to ingest 20g of tobacco to get a decent experience. And likewise, you don't have to absorb all of the nicotine in the tobacco to call it an efficient use, whereas you would have to absorb most of the mitragynines in order to not waste it all. I can't imagine someone taking the wet, rpost-use nasally administered kratom and then eating it to get the other 1/2 or 2/3rds of the psychoactives. All-around it sounds wasteful.

What you *could* do is make a resin extract or a whole alkaloid extract, powder it, and then snort it. That would work well, get you what you want, and be like the normal practice of snorting, not like 'smelling' or lightly 'sniffing' after the fashion of tobacco snuff.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:05

25 y/o Male from Earth
braincandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If someone finds a practical, successful way to do this, I will love you forever.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:44
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from United States
juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 854, Level: 4 Points: 854, Level: 4 Points: 854, Level: 4
Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3%

I hate to bump an old thread but i have seen pure alkaloid blends on the market. As well as full spectrum tincture which is highly concentrated. I wonder if one could evaporate the tincture and sniff the residue or if its possible to use the tincture as a nasal spray. I have heard reports that 6-7 drops of full spectrum tincture is too much for most.

two weeks does not make this an "old thread"
Old 03-10-2013, 11:53
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Well UEI is just powdered indo kratom infused with pure alkaloids, and i have heard of people who tried to snort it. Apart from the pain in the nose and the disgusting drip the majority claimed it still took about 15 minutes to feel anything, which would indicate that it is not being absorbed any faster.

I read the same thing.
Old 04-10-2013, 00:08
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Apart from the pain in the nose and the disgusting drip the majority claimed it still took about 15 minutes to feel anything, which would indicate that it is not being absorbed any faster.
That would almost make me think they're just absorbing the drip through the stomach. In unconcentrated form, it may simply not be absorbable through nasal mucosa.

I just don't understand why I haven't seen any powders of the main alkaloids responsible for its effects. If someone had a pure 7-OH-Mitragynine or Mitragynine powder, I can't possibly imagine why this wouldn't work.

Why aren't there any powders around? Is the extraction/cleaning/defatting/crystallizing process just very difficult? I know nothing about this particular aspect of Kratom, so pardon if this has been covered.
Old 04-10-2013, 00:37

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

The pure chems are sourced from china and only one (possibly 2) large vendors in the US recieve any. It is used to make enhanced products like UEI.
I am personally delighted that they are not sold openly in pure forms, they would be extremly dangerous and addictive and would lead to further negative attention on kratom.
Old 04-10-2013, 00:43
Silver Member

Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.Pseudovoyager is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
I am personally delighted that they are not sold openly in pure forms, they would be extremly dangerous and addictive and would lead to further negative attention on kratom.
No doubt about that whatsoever. If Kratom didn't taste so awful, it would probably not still be legal.
Old 04-10-2013, 22:17
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudovoyager View Post
No doubt about that whatsoever. If Kratom didn't taste so awful, it would probably not still be legal.
This I can agree with. Kratom is ultra-bitter. I often wonder if it's specifically the active alkaloids that make it bitter, or other plant material.
Old 07-10-2013, 18:12
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
Goinsdisease is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

one US vendor sells physically extracted 90+ % alkaloid extracts. I've been curious to see if this is possible. I have the feeling that 100mg of the stuff might do the job.
Old 07-10-2013, 18:24

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinsdisease View Post
one US vendor sells physically extracted 90+ % alkaloid extracts.
Physically extracted?
What does that even mean, lol
I think that sounds like the sort of vendor you need to avoid and not the type to buy over-priced extracts with the intention of snorting them from.

Physically extracted?
I'm confused, did they somehow had pick the alkaloids from the leaf?
Oh Dear
Old 07-10-2013, 19:41
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Physically extracted?
What does that even mean, lol
I think that sounds like the sort of vendor you need to avoid and not the type to buy over-priced extracts with the intention of snorting them from.

Physically extracted?
I'm confused, did they somehow had pick the alkaloids from the leaf?
Oh Dear
yeah, I don't know either. Some proprietary process I suspect. But without getting into discussion of sources, this is one of the top three if not top five reputable vendors in the United States.
Old 07-10-2013, 19:53

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinsdisease View Post
yeah, I don't know either. Some proprietary process I suspect. But without getting into discussion of sources, this is one of the top three if not top five reputable vendors in the United States.
Really?
Can you explain what the qualifications are to get into this top list?
Ive been using kratom for close to a decade, ive used many US vendors but i have never come across anything that resembled a top 5 list.
I would be very interested in learning what it takes to get into it.
It would be a good addition to the how to buy kratom thread.

If you do order this 'physically extracted' stuff make sure that you get clear details from the vendor of the exact process used to create it before you go snorting it. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 07-10-2013, 20:16
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Really?
Can you explain what the qualifications are to get into this top list?
Ive been using kratom for close to a decade, ive used many US vendors but i have never come across anything that resembled a top 5 list.
I would be very interested in learning what it takes to get into it.
It would be a good addition to the how to buy kratom thread.

If you do order this 'physically extracted' stuff make sure that you get clear details from the vendor of the exact process used to create it before you go snorting it. Let us know how it works out for you.
The poll was from one of the more lively kratom related forums. A small sample size to be sure, but the closest thing I've seen to an official poll. Of the several pages of respondents, perhaps one in three listed this vendor among their favorite.

By the way, I think your stickies are nearly perfect.
If more people followed them, they would avoid a lot of grief.

PS I have no plans to insufflate any type of kratom extract. The conventional method works just fine for me. Like the OP, I wondered if it was possible.
Old 07-10-2013, 21:26
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Canada
UseIt~or~loseIt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

a few years ago, 7-hrdoxy-mitragaine was obbtained, 1000 mg in 100 ml vial, so 100mg in 10ml, which was about one dropper full. the liquid was mostly ethanol so it burned the sinuses. laying down, dripping the dropper into the the nose/sinuses was affective, but burned. an effect was notiicible with in a few moments, but nothing special, not at all a bell ringer. later, putting about 50 ml, 500mg, into a nasal spray with water, burned less, but was still not that great. the effect was rapid, but it was not a rush, and not as good as ingesting 100mg the ol' fashoned way. my guess is that the liver might be nessacery to convert the kratom alkaloids.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:57
Silver Member

Quote:
my guess is that the liver might be nessacery to convert the kratom alkaloids.
Good thought, I hadn't considered that possibility. I'm still very, very interested in alternative ROA's for Kratom and it alkaloids. Does anyone have any experience (successful or otherwise) with plugging extracts?
Old 08-10-2013, 06:41

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20 Points: 19,134, Level: 20
Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5% Activity: 62.5%

Why?

Eating it works just fine. If you NEED to get fucked up harder, go get harder drugs. If you need to put something up your ass, go get a sexy, well endowed man. If you absolutely must get high while having something up your butt, share your hard drugs with said sexy man.

That's a LOT of matter to put into your rectum, that's not going to be good.

As for people snorting Yopo, go watch a video of that, it looks unpleasant as all fuck. Remember, you're talking about the same people who put on gloves full of Bullet Ants, to prove they are men, not once, but multiple times. Indigenous tribes do really fucked up things, many of them quite dangerous, we have better means to the same ends now. Welcome to the 21st century, try to get with the times.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:41
Silver Member

Quote:
Why?
Curiosity. I never said I had any intention of trying any of these things. But The discussion itself is still fascinating, don't you agree? And yes, I agree with you that eating it works just fine. But I've always been really interested in the way different routes of administration can drastically change the essence of a drug's effects. Regardless of anyone actually doing anything mentioned here, I like to talk about it.

Edit:
Quote:
That's a LOT of matter to put into your rectum, that's not going to be good.
Oh goodness, I was referring more to liquid extracts or straight alkaloids. I would never dream of anyone actually putting plain leaf up there...
Old 14-11-2013, 05:00
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from United States
juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 854, Level: 4 Points: 854, Level: 4 Points: 854, Level: 4
Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3%

If you do want to try snorting kratom or enema kratom I would recommend using meang da tea in a netipot or a needless syringe respectivly.

Meang da is generally more potent than other strains so less liquid would be needed.

Share this on:

Tags
insufflation, kratom, snorting