Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 26-08-2013, 12:35

Male from Bulgaria
idontknow? is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
First time doing kratom

I ordered 50 grams shredded Bali Kratom. Can you suggest the best way to consume it and how much should I take for my first dose?
Old 26-08-2013, 14:15
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,829, Level: 21 Points: 21,829, Level: 21 Points: 21,829, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: First time doing kratom

Have you really not bothered to read any of the threads here?
This is very basic beginners stuff that you should have read about a long time before you even ordered kratom.
Read through the sticky threads, read through the experience reports, read through every thread you can find.

You can also go to the kratom forum and at the top of the page search the forum for words like 'bali' and you will find tons of information.

People have gone out of their way to leave all this information here for you to read and you expect someone to do all the work for you.

Here is the information you want, in future make a little effort yourself.
There is no BEST way to consume it, there are several ways but everyone has their own favourite.
You bought shredded kratom which is not great for working with.
Powdered kratom costs the same and can be mixed easily into sauces or drinks or toss and washed, but shredded kratom can cut your throat or irritate it if you try that.
If you have a grinder then turn it into powder, otherwise make tea out of it by boiling it in water for 20 minutes with a drop of lemon. Strain out the kratom and drink the tea.

Always take kratom on an empty stomach
Start with 5 grams and see how that feels. If you need more then leave a couple of days and try it again with a higher dose.

Read the guide to buying kratom at the top of the forum so you are less likely to waste your money and/or give it to vendors that are putting kratoms continued legality at risk.

Kratom can be addictive so always take breaks of a couple of days between doses. Avoid extracts and enhanced products and keep your dose as low as possible.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very informative, thanks.
Old 26-08-2013, 20:10
Silver Member

Male from Netherlands
Panacee is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Shredded kratom is perfect for making tea.
Put your kratom (5g as Ianzombie suggest) in a pan with water (half of the water will evaporate, take that into account). Boil 20 minutes. Strain the water out, put the wet and strained kratom back in the pan, add the same amount of water and boil again 10 minutes. Strain and add the tea to the rest. Throw away your kratom leaves.

Drink your tea and enjoy...

Tea has the advantage that you have a bit less constipation (to my friend's experience). You extract the alkoloids and remove the debri. Maybe it is also less harmfull, if any.
The big disadvantage is you have to spent half hour in kitchen, but for me the anticipation and kratom smell in the house is always nice.
Old 26-08-2013, 20:14

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacee View Post
kratom smell in the house is always nice.
You are a sick twisted individual, Panacee
lol
But i do get you. Personally i find the smell a little rank, and it always makes me gag in anticipation of the horrible taste of a strong tea, but there is also the connection of the smell and the effects
Old 27-08-2013, 19:56
Silver Member

Male from Netherlands
Panacee is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
You are a sick twisted individual, Panacee
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
But i do get you. Personally i find the smell a little rank, and it always makes me gag in anticipation of the horrible taste of a strong tea, but there is also the connection of the smell and the effects
Yes, I have good memories on long dark winter nights: outside the rain and wind, inside a nice smell of kratom that fills my apartment because of simmering kratom tea on the stove, knowing there is a long night ahead full of dreams. Then I know life is good.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:59

Male from Bulgaria

So my first time I took 5 grams, toss and wash, then 1 hour later I took 2 gr more. It felt really good.

Do you think this is a good dose or was is it too much? I don't want to make my tolerance high. I weigth ~176lbs (80kg), no opiate tolerance.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:04

38 y/o Male from Ireland

I think its ok so long as you leave a couple of days in between uses.

This can be the hardest part as once you get to enjoy it (like any other drug) it can be hard to maintain a sensible useage and it is easy to start adding extra doses or taking it more than twice a week. Thats when tolerance becomes an issue and it can lead to addiction.

Keep in mind that the more regularly you take it the more likely you are to start losing the positive effects it offers.
Keeping your dose as low as possible, not re-dosing and leaving days off between uses can help you enjoy kratoms full effects for a long time.

I also recommend taking a full week off every month or so.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:21

Male from Bulgaria

So taking it once per 3 days is safe?
I am a little bit worried, because I liked the feeling a lot and can't wait to do it again. Is this normal?
Are there any bad side effects if I start taking it once every 3 days, say, for a year, then if I stop taking it will I be able to feel normal, have energy, etc.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:33

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Safe as in your tolerance wont rise?
Its certainly better than taking every day or every second day.
If you really want to avoid tolerance issues then use it once a week, at a low dose. But 3 days should be enough for most providing you use low doses and avoid extracts and enhanced products.

Safe as far as addiction goes. Its probably enough to not have to worry about physical addiction, although leaving longer between doses will obviously help more.

Safe as far as mental addiction?
Well using it only once and enjoying it can cause people to want to take it more.
If you find yourself craving it again or unable to pass the day without thinking of it or thinking of taking it then its best to avoid it completely unless you have the will power to stick to using it once every now and then.

Quote:
I am a little bit worried, because I liked the feeling a lot and can't wait to do it again. Is this normal?
Well that is typical of anything. When you have sex for the first time you will probably not want to wait to do it again, same goes for a lot of pleasurable things. Kratom or other drugs are no different.

Quote:
Are there any bad side effects if I start taking it once every 3 days, say, for a year, then if I stop taking it will I be able to feel normal, have energy, etc.
A year is a long time. You might very well feel some minor withdrawals, although probably not until your first missed dose after 3 days. If not physical withdrawals you might find yourself craving your usual dose.
I cant imagine many people would just be able to stop using something they had taken like clockwork every 3 days for a year, be it kratom or coffee or sex. You might feel minor withdrawal symptoms, but they probably wont last long, providing you have kept your dose low and stuck to the 3 day rule.

You can always start to slowly taper by reducing your dose every week the nearer it got to the time you planned to stop.

But the only real way to be 100% safe is to not take it at all.

Share this on:

Tags
bali kratom, first time kratom use, kratom, kratom basics