Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 15-08-2013, 15:23
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Grizwald is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%
Cycling between Etizolam, Diphenhydramine HCL and Doxylamine Succinate

I've been taking Etizolam for insomnia and anxiety recently, was on it for 4 weeks before i realised i needed a break before i became dependant, withdrawing definitely made the insomnia worse, but the anxiety not so much, think i just had an "episode" and haven't felt like that since.

The Etiz i've been taking, started off ordering 30 of the 1mg "Intas" brand, didn't like the rattling sound they made inside the packet (Discretion!!) But they were very good, then i went to the "Research" loose pellet variety, 2 mg tablets, thinking i'd be getting better value for money, turns out they were weaker than the Intas 1mg. Finally ordered some "Etizest" 1mg tablets and now i'm a happy bunny, tablets don't rattle in the packaging and they seem even stronger than the Intas.

So, 4 weeks on and realise i need to get off them before i get into trouble, don't want to become a Benzo addict, also they don't keep me asleep, way too short a half-life, only managing 5-6 hours sleep.

I did some research and read about antihistamines (typically first and second generation) and their useful sedative effect. This lead to me ordering a huge bottle of Diphenhydramine 25mg (600 for 15.75, get in!!)
These are nice and definitely help me sleep, managing 7 or 8 hours on them, but getting to sleep takes a little longer then the benzos (Etizolam) but i don't mind to much.

Now i know that Diphenhydramine is no long term solution, tolerance will build and i'll end up an insomniac again, this is where my questions start.

Would cycling evade the tolerance? Like 1 week Diphenhydramine followed by 1 week Doxylamine? or are they too similar? Would i be better doing 1 week of benzos followed by 1 week of Diphenhydramine/Doxylamine?

I just want to use the benzos for special occasions really, when i'm bored and just want to mong out or fall asleep to pass the time, so if i could cycle the antihistamines that would be great.

If i can't go that route and need to go the benzo route then a new research benzo has hit the UK market called Diclazepam and has a much longer half-life than Etizolam, so i can switch to those.

Many thanks for any comments/suggestions!
Old 16-08-2013, 01:30
Titanium Member

42 y/o Male from Australia
out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.
Points: 2,305, Level: 7 Points: 2,305, Level: 7 Points: 2,305, Level: 7
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%
Re: Cycling between Etizolam, Diphenhydramine HCL and Doxylamine Succinate

It is definitely a good idea not to take benzos every day if you can manage it and if you feel that will work for you. As you noted, benzo tolerance builds quickly and if you can use them 'only as needed' then that is probably the best option in terms of dependence and addiction.

As for the antihistamines, they don't build in tolerance nearly as quickly as benzos. If they work for insomnia, which is a valid use for dyphenhydramine, then I think it's a good option as an alternative to etizolam which will build tolerance very quickly.

Overall your idea seems ok. Use Dyphenhydramine for insomnia when needed and use etizolam for other situations 'as needed' but not regularly. You may also like to read this short excerpt from medline plus and/or look at the website on dyphenhydramine.

"Diphenhydramine is used to relieve red, irritated, itchy, watery eyes; sneezing; and runny nose caused by hay fever, allergies, or the common cold. Diphenhydramine is also used to relieve cough caused by minor throat or airway irritation. Diphenhydramine is also used to prevent and treat motion sickness, and to treat insomnia (difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep). Diphenhydramine is also used to control abnormal movements in people who have early stage parkinsonian syndrome (a disorder of the nervous system that causes difficulties with movement, muscle control, and balance) or who are experiencing movement problems as a side effect of a medication." (medlineplus) http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...s/a682539.html

Share this on:

Tags
diclazepam, diphenhydramine, doxylamine succinate, etizolam

Sitelinks: Information: