Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 04:00
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Canada
highlikeplanes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
meth to control food addiction?

Do you think it would be possible for a fat ugly lizard to use a little meth to help with food addiction? This fat ugly lizard I know has gained a lot of weight during her 6 months of sobriety and pregnancy, and its partially due to switching meth addiction to a food addiction. Do you at all think it could be possible for the lizard to, like, maybe take a hoot of meth instead of grabbing for food, while not exactly using the drug to get high, and still eating proper meals ?
Old 08-08-2013, 04:26
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
As-n-St is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: meth to control food addiction?

First of all, a food addiction is triggered by serotonin and dopamine levels being released when ingesting highly palatable foods (e.g. Salt, Sugar, etc). When you eat a piece of cake, or a nice greasy hamburger, serotonin and dopamine are released, triggering a feeling of pleasure. The pleasure released may override any feelings of fullness, meaning a person can continue eating for essentially no reason (other than addiction).

Methamphetamine (a central nervous system stimulant) increases the release and blocks the reuptake of dopamine, which gives you a feeling of reward much greater than the reward received by eating large amounts of tasty foods. This would mean that yes, if used correctly, meth could very well be used to halt a food addiction. But I would not suggest it... Meth is a very difficult drug to quit using once an addiction is obtained. I have, in the past, used many drugs, one of them being meth. I was stuck in an addiction cycle for a long time. So, if using meth to kill a food addiction, yes it will work, but if you don't want another addiction, please do so wisely.
I hope this helps you.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:35
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
Beenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline MedlineBeenthere2Hippie must mainline Medline
Points: 5,133, Level: 10 Points: 5,133, Level: 10 Points: 5,133, Level: 10
Activity: 30.5% Activity: 30.5% Activity: 30.5%

Hey, Highlikeplanes-

Short answer: no. Your weight gain must be managed in a healthy and responsible manner or else when you run out of meth or wise up and stop doing it (before or after you develop a meth addiction), you'll just have the weight/food issue back again, with a vengeance.

Join a support group, like Weight Watchers, and start to work out. After you have a baby, it's normal to carry extra weight for a while. Take brief walks, do a few dozen situps, swim while the weather is still nice. And stock your refrigerator with healthy food choices and avoid bringing home junk foods. Since you tend to overeat, make sure the food choices in your cupboards are good ones. The weight will come off and stay off if you use a little common sense.

Meth is simply not an answer.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent advice.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:18
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlikeplanes View Post
Do you think it would be possible for a fat ugly lizard to use a little meth to help with food addiction? This fat ugly lizard I know has gained a lot of weight during her 6 months of sobriety and pregnancy, and its partially due to switching meth addiction to a food addiction. Do you at all think it could be possible for the lizard to, like, maybe take a hoot of meth instead of grabbing for food, while not exactly using the drug to get high, and still eating proper meals ?
In your person experience with meth addiction and then food addiction. Which would you say caused the most harm to your life!
I also didn't hear you mention anything about diet and exercise. You could talk with your doctor about your weight issues and maybe try phentermine, along with diet and exercise.
I don't mean to be sour but why in the hell would you beat a meth addiction, gain some weight and immediately want to go back to using meth??
This is similar to a thread i saw about using opiates to cure alcoholism?? Really! I can't believe people who chose a much more dangerous drug to get off of a less dangerous drug. There are a million different things you can do to, safely and lose weight. I don't want to seem like a dick, but going right back to meth, just because you have gained some weight by stopping your use and being pregnant, sounds like someone who cares more about their looks, than anything else. So, my answer to you would be a big fat NO!! You just got off dope and then something as trivial as weight gain from pregnancy and wd's from the meth usage. I bet after a few months, your eating habits will returned to normal, along with some of the WD
Old 09-08-2013, 06:17

Female from United States
Sukai is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1 Points: 84, Level: 1
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

Oh my! I wanted to do this too because I feel like a walking whale, doctor prescribed me Prozac but I haven't even been able to keep with it, just too Prozac for 2 weeks and quit, I am afraid it will give me more the feeling of binging... I am so fed up, so I am trying to workout I hope it helps.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:04
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from Earth
MoreMoreMore is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1%

I know that this is how some people get on meth in the first place.

If you think about this idea rationally, to lose weight via meth (one of the most addictive if not the most addictive drug in the world) is a good idea--and I do seem to recognize you from other posts...as a recovering meth addict looking for a way to use again (correct me if I'm wrong)? We both know that such a weight loss regime needs to be maintained...

Once the use is gone, the weight comes back, right... That voracious appetite that comes with the crash?

Don't think it's a good alternative. All of those dietary supplements which race you are horrid for your health.

Like mentioned above, tried tested and true, a healthy diet and exercise/sleep plan are the best ways to regulate weight and health. Hydration is also key. Beware of antidepressants that cause weight gain and Z drugs which have bizarre eating side effects as well.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:55
Silver Member

Female from Earth
Replicator is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I'll bet your lizard isn't fat or ugly. But the lizard sounds like it has some underlying issues that need to be addressed. I'm also a new mom and know how hard it can be to hate your postpartum skin but give your lizard a break and respect the lizards body for the amazing thing it's done!

Exercise has helped me a ton (yoga makes you breathe / relax, have time to yourself). I swear I have (untreated) post partum depression but don't want to take anti depressants for it so haven't gone in. Im sure I'd benefit from talking to someone but my insurance is so frapping expensive. If you're having issues with getting out to do traditional exercise or don't have anyone to watch baby, put that tike in a stroller and go for a walk!

Aside from that, if you're not breast feeding (assume not) there are some really amazing diet pills out there that feel very speedy, buzzy. My sister gave me one of her perscibed ones (pre baby) and I was spinning around like a top. I'm a downer girl all the way so I didn't care for that but of you're hell bent on medicating and a former addict, those can really fill a void without doing anything illegal which puts you at more risk than ever now that you're a mom.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great advice from someone in a similar position as the OP
Old 09-08-2013, 16:29
Titanium Member

Female from Earth
Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,122, Level: 5 Points: 1,122, Level: 5 Points: 1,122, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

No.

Is the weight your worrying about post natal? Or are you still pregnant? If the latter then I'd like to emphasise that you shouldn't do this.

If you use meth to lose weight then when you stop using the weight is likely to come back on when you regain your sober eating habits. There are plenty of ways to lose weight and using drugs is one of the worst methods. Also, loosing weight too quickly can have a negative effect on your body.

Plus if you aren't pregnant and are parenting a baby then using drugs could really interfere badly on your parenting. I am a mother myself and I couldn't imagine how I'd feel and cope having to look after a baby coming down from a meth binge.

In short, exercise and eat less/healthier or doing at least one of those things should help you lose weight. It really can be as simple as burning more fat than you intake.
Old 09-08-2013, 18:43

23 y/o Male from United States
matboy891 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

That's why i started using. It goes from, "I'll use until I get to X weight and then i'll stop," and then you end up looking like death. There is no reason why we, as addicts, should have started in the first place. Then again, who is perfect?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:37
Titanium Member

70 y/o Male from USA - Texas
Waiting For The Fall must live here.Waiting For The Fall must live here.Waiting For The Fall must live here.Waiting For The Fall must live here.Waiting For The Fall must live here.Waiting For The Fall must live here.Waiting For The Fall must live here.
Points: 1,128, Level: 5 Points: 1,128, Level: 5 Points: 1,128, Level: 5
Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4% Activity: 8.4%

It sounds like you are just looking for a reason to use meth again. And what about the baby you are carrying? Would your doctor approve of you taking meth while pregnant? What about caring for your unborn child? Isn't that #1? Your payback might be dealing with an addiction-prone child and having to care for an addicted teenager. That's really not a bright future for either one of you. We need all the breaks we can get, both in the womb and then facing this challenging world.

Share this on:

Tags
food addiction, meth addiction