Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ecstasy & MDMA
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 24-08-2006, 19:05
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Shooting MDMA

SWIM has utfse, he can't find anything, and has heard very little about this subject. All he wants to know is, has anyone done this? Does anyone know if he should IM or IV?

If anyone knows someone who knows someone who shot MDMA and jumped out a window, I'd rather not hear it.
Old 24-08-2006, 19:37
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,088, Level: 5 Points: 1,088, Level: 5 Points: 1,088, Level: 5
MDMA *could* be injected, and it would be active, but this is a very dangerous practice. It is injected into animals because it is difficult to give oral dosages to rats, and because injection is more reliable and faster in onset so that experiments can be timed properly. When given intravenously, drugs often have 3-5 times their oral potency.

First of all, injection of solutions of any drug (MDMA, amphetamine, etc.) involve risks of bacterial contamination. Bacteria which cannot resist digestive acids and enzymes may rapidly flourish if introduced directly into the bloodstream by injection. A single bacterium or a fungal spore could prove disastrous. Heroin users boil the solution in a spoon with a match hoping to "sterilize" and kill any bacteria in the solution, with mixed results.

Second, MDMA is often found adulterated with other substances, and tablets may have insoluble materials such as magnesium or calcium stearate, or talc. If these materials are not removed from the solution, they may clog a small artery, or may induce the formation of a clot. Such clots, if they break free from the blood vessel may travel to the lung or brain and can prove fatal.

Finally, MDMA is a potent agent in releasing norepinephrine from neuron endings on blood vessels, causing them to contract. MDMA is known to increase both blood pressure and heart rate. When given orally, this effect is gradual, but when given by injection, one would expect to see a rapid effect. The rapid escalation of blood pressure could lead to stroke or hemorrhage. The chance of a panic or anxiety reaction is also greater when psychoactive drugs are given by intravenous injection. Intramuscular injections involve fewer risks, but the risk of infection is still major and the presence of insoluble materials may lead to abcesses and skin ulcers. I would not recommend the injection of any substance other than insulin for diabetes.

Dr Dave Nichols
Department of Pharmacology
Purdue University

An ecstasy user who has injected MDMA emailed these comments:
I read your advice about injecting ecstasy. I wish I had read it before I did it. I injected massive amounts over a few years and I regret it. I feel it has damaged my body and may have long lasting adverse effects. The rush was rather pleasant but it wore off fast and I had to use more and more. You can add to your comments that the effects don't last near as long (the high diminishes after about 45 minutes max.) and the long term effects are still unknown. Also, I got very sick once when I did a large dose and it took months to recover.

from http://.ecstasy.org/qanda/q71.html

Post Quality Evaluations:
interesting post
Good and clear information
invaluable information. please add more if you can find it.
Old 24-08-2006, 19:46

Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.Akewstick is captain of the psychonauts.
Thanks, i'll tell SWIM not to do it, but you never know what he might get up to behind close doors, and just for his sake, does anyone know (if he/she WERE stupid enough to inject MDMA) wether they should IM, or IV? The last post seemed to imply IV, but i would like some specific verdict to relay to SWIM, just so he's as safe as possible if he does inject MDMA. I will put all my effort in convincing him not to.
Old 24-08-2006, 20:01

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
SWIM knows a lab rat who was a seasoned veteran of using many drugs. He IV'd MDMA once, during a point in his life when he was injecting alot of heroin. It took him a couple months to stop shooting H, but right after he came out of his IV'd MDMA experience, he informed all the other lab rats that he would NEVER do that again. apparently its intense, but not worth the risks, and if a person who is used to shooting drugs cautions against it, swim would listen to them.
Old 24-08-2006, 20:10

Quote:
SWIM knows a lab rat who was a seasoned veteran of using many drugs. He IV'd MDMA once, during a point in his life when he was injecting alot of heroin. It took him a couple months to stop shooting H, but right after he came out of his IV'd MDMA experience, he informed all the other lab rats that he would NEVER do that again. apparently its intense, but not worth the risks, and if a person who is used to shooting drugs cautions against it, swim would listen to them.
SWIM has only ever met one lab rat that has IV'd MDMA, and she didn't tell him much about it, other than that it was beautiful and bizarre. SWIM knows that everyone reacts differently to different things, and if something has 2 sides and opposing arguments to, he'd like to find out for himself, rather than sit back and let other people's experiences take presidence over his own. SWIM does value the arguments for an against these things, and he's taken into account what you've said, and he thanks you for your input.
Old 24-08-2006, 20:14
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Im with impure drugs Potential abscess, septicaemia, muscle necrosis
IV with impure drugs: Potential abscess, septicaemia, inadvertant intra arterial injection, thromdo-embolism (potentially leading to strokes, pulmonary emboli and vegetations on heart valves.)

Sounds like fun?

In SWIJ's view the purity of MDMA (either powder/crystals or pills) is far too dodgy to even consider going with the needle.

There's definitely another thread on this around, but the search engine is not doing SWIJ's bidding currently!
Old 24-08-2006, 20:20

SWIM'll keep looking for a thread, but so far he hasn't found anything.
Old 24-08-2006, 20:26
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Wrap SWIM's body in steel-lined duct-tape and hide his needles. The jury has spoken and the verdict has been reached: Don't Boot MDMA.

Does SWIM need this tattooed on his forehead?
Old 24-08-2006, 20:30

I was wondering that aswell, this SWIM feller is crazy! I've told him so many times not to inject things, I just wish he had some information on how to do it safely, but all the people that might know seem to have replaced knowledge with dogma. No matter, I'll find someone to cure SWIM's desire for knowledge, that is unless he dosen't jump out of a window or die of septicaemia before I get the chance to.
Old 24-08-2006, 20:38
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
deleted by author
Old 24-08-2006, 23:41

Male from Germany
jouni is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Swim has seen quite a few times people iv'ing ecstasy (not straight mdma) and it hasn't never been an good experience to anyone he has seen done this.Even though the pills have bee quite good (far worse effects than with the average ones ..).He really hasn't done this by himself because he just isn't into shooting.
Most of the times people have reported numbing of the arm which has been shooted, vomiting, going unconscious.
What he has seen,and knows about ecstasy, it just hits people too fast and too intensively when iv'ing
Old 24-08-2006, 23:51
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.matti_2003 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,088, Level: 5 Points: 1,088, Level: 5 Points: 1,088, Level: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jouni
Swim has seen quite a few times people iv'ing ecstasy (not straight mdma) and it hasn't never been an good experience to anyone he has seen done this.Even though the pills have bee quite good (far worse effects than with the average ones ..).He really hasn't done this by himself because he just isn't into shooting.
Most of the times people have reported numbing of the arm which has been shooted, vomiting, going unconscious.
What he has seen,and knows about ecstasy, it just hits people too fast and too intensively when iv'ing
Thats Ridiculous, even if the pills were clean they still contain binders. No wonder it wasn't a good experience.
Old 24-08-2006, 23:55

To clarify, SWIM's proposed debaucherous experiment is with "pure" MDMA powder, not with pills, SWIM still does have some lines yet to cross.
Old 25-08-2006, 15:29

Male from Germany
I didn't understand what matti2003 meant was ridiculous,but at least it has nothing to do with binders.That's sure.
The same people have also thousands(?) of times shooted benzos and buprenorfin tablets/pills.
Ever heard of people shooting opiate based pills with having problems because of the binders?
I haven't. This is just my opinion based on what I have seen and talked to people,I don't want to be offensive in any matter.
Old 25-08-2006, 15:31

Male from Germany
"What he has seen,and knows about ecstasy, it just hits people too fast and too intensively when iv'ing".
Old 25-08-2006, 18:15

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
why not just bump, or plug it, chew it... swim just feels the ends dont justify the means and especially wit x tabs, who knows how pure it is (even with tests, they dont account for fillers).... injecting baby laxatives sounds like a fun time....
Old 25-08-2006, 19:04
bananadine addict

Male from United States
radiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumradiometer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Quote:
Originally Posted by jouni
I didn't understand what matti2003 meant was ridiculous,but at least it has nothing to do with binders.That's sure.
The same people have also thousands(?) of times shooted benzos and buprenorfin tablets/pills.
Ever heard of people shooting opiate based pills with having problems because of the binders?
There's a big difference between pharmaceuticals and illicit "ecstasy" pills. There is no FDA or any other quality control on illicit pills, and they could contain any number of active or inactive substances which are dangerous to inject. To make one example, I woudnlt care to see the results of someone who is lactose-intolerant shooting up pills which used lactose as a binder (which is fairly common). What might only have made an individual feel a bit sick to their stomach if they swallowed it, might prove much more dangerous if injected. Injecting drugs removes the safety-belt which is first-pass metabolism.

Last edited by radiometer; 25-08-2006 at 19:09.
Old 26-08-2006, 17:31

Male from Germany
Very good aspect, radiometer.
Swim wouldn't even iv "pure" mdma powder.

Share this on:

Tags
ecstacy, ecstasy, inject mdma, injecting, injecting mdma, mdma, mdma powder, missed shot, molly, pulmonary embolism, shoot up, shooting up