Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 26-07-2013, 05:41
Canadian4Life Canadian4Life is nu online
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
Canadian4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Oxycodone/opiate help (For me)

I took oxycodone 10mg 3x daily for the last 5 years. I have back pain as well as years of battling some pretty severe depression since I was a kid.. I don't know why and the doctor called it "Endogenous depression" I was on a few meds over the last 7 years. Some gave some relief, some were like placebo and some had insane side effects. And of all the ssri's,benzodiazepines,remeron,seroquel,even ritalin I have taken they all shared one thing.. I knew and felt drugged. So I gave up on medication and only took my Oxycodone for my back pain but I will admit it helped my depression somewhat. I was in a rut last year and went to the doctor just to talk and that's all we did for a few sessions then I agreed to give medication one more attempt. Paxil was his choice.. and this was the one I avoided because of the bad press it got so it was new and scary to me. I went from 5 mg a day to 20 mg a day in 2 weeks. I felt better day 1. I have to say It was the most natural feeling medication I've taken. After being on paxil I found it be a potent drug..it helped shed a light deep in me.. didn't feel drugged at all felt normal ..that normal it gave me anxiety for a bit. I was on it for over 16 months now and I have cut down my oxycodone usage from 60mg a day to 30-40 mg. If I go a day without any oxycodone my mind don;t insanely race. I was on vacation and was 2 days without my oxycodone but I pulled through was able to get out of bed, in my head I knew things would get better .. not things I'd have on my mind if I missed a dose. I used to get out of bed and go straight for my Oxycodone and now on paxil I sleep better and wake up feeling normal and some days take no pain medication at all til noon or forget. To me paxil makes my oxycodone more efficient like they fit together like 2 parts of a puzzle. Pain can be mental alot of times and paxil has helped me with my depression and I can get by on 3 percocets now!! 15 mg! I know it's another drug but it does more for me then the oxycodone dose. I know paxil can be of great help to opiate addicts. It wouod be a no no to me to take paxil when one has no opiate but getting on it can make your need for opiates less like alot less
Old 29-07-2013, 14:05
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%
Re: Oxycodone/opiate help (For me)

Paxil, isn't that paroxetine? As far as I know some people have as much trouble (some a lot more) coming off of paxil as they do opiates. I take paroxetine and also need opiates (oxycontin and oxycodone) for severe pain that I have, and I've never found that paroxetine has ever helped when I've run short of my meds. Can you explain a little more, love. Thanks.

Sparkles.
Old 31-07-2013, 06:35

23 y/o Male from United States
Cannabidiol is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hey,

I feel your pain. Chronic Pain and Opiate withdrawal sucks. I recommend using Cannabis Indica. Scientists have repeatedly demonstrated that cannabis is an effective pain mangement medication. I posted a video on this topic. Im new to this and I just want to help.
Old 31-07-2013, 07:57
Silver Member

Female from Canada
Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.Nefret really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5 Points: 1,249, Level: 5
Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5% Activity: 13.5%

Hi, I have been on both Paxil and the oxycodone family of drugs. By the way Oxycontin and Percocet are the same drug, just that Percs have tylenol mixed in with it, or the generic tylenol. I too have pain issues but no longer on any oxycodone and switched from Paxil to Zoloft.

A lot of ppl find it impossible to get off Paxil...I tried my way weening down..... and it was insanity!!!!
Until my GP referred me to this Psychiatrist, which told me to stop immediately the Paxil, and take Prozac 20mg once a day, for 4 days then stop the Prozac and I am done. She said I could go on another anti-depressant or jsu stop them all together. I couldn't believe it could be so easy stopping Paxil as I have tried many times, but it worked! 4 days and i was free from Paxil . Every doctor should know this!!!

And with you there buddy, it is so clear that you were taking opiates, like perc to self medicate your depression, and am so glad you found your way out of opiate abuse inanity!! Everyone is different, Paxil made me feel really out of it. I am taking Zoloft which helps a bit with anxiety too.

Wishin you all the best fellow Canadian!!

Share this on:

» New Threads
Detoxing off Methadone
Last post by LuLu81
0 Replies, 1 Views
7 days clean from Oxycodone - need...
Last post by Taarna
6 Replies, 196 Views
Heart rate lower after taking...
Last post by V4Vyndetta
0 Replies, 14 Views
sometimes when the hopeless...