Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 24-07-2013, 04:17

Female from United States
talula509 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
About to kick the Hydro- what to expect?

Hey all. I'll start by saying I know everyone is different, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom. I am not going to be able to get any more hydro 10/325 after what I have (about 20 more days worth). For about the last year I have taken 20mg hydro per day, always dose 24 hours apart (don't know of that matters). What kind of fun symptoms do I have to look forward to? Do you think that since I take a fairly low dose that it may not be as bad as some of the horror stories I've read? What kind of stuff (non prescription) should I plan to have on hand to helpe out? Any and all thoughts, comments, and advice welcome
Old 24-07-2013, 04:59
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,485, Level: 7 Points: 2,485, Level: 7 Points: 2,485, Level: 7
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%
Re: About to kick the Hydro- what to expect?

Hello and Welcome to Drugs Forum.....

If it is personal support you are looking for than this thread is the right place to look for it.... But, while you are waiting for answers, I think it is best to search around the forum and read any of the thousands of threads already ongoing about people in your exact situation.

It is best when you first come looking for answers to questions like this to Use The Forum Search Engine (UTFSE) You can find a lot of information in minutes whilst waiting for days and weeks for the same amount of information to come to this thread.

I know the site is big and can be confusing to navigate, so I have taken the time to find some very relevant threads to your situation. I would seriously advise reading them while you are waiting. There are many great tips, ideas, drugs, and methods for dealing with opiate addiction.

Not every thread I dug up for you is about Hydro but about opiate addiction all the same and the tips and advise are interchangeable. These are (my) favorite trusted threads. Click on any link to view...

Im ready! need support. ( 1 2 3)

A how-to guide to opiate detoxification. ( 1 2)

Journal - Source's Circle of Addiction ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Opiate Withdrawal TIMELINE of Symptoms.

Opiate withdrawal how to and questions!!!!

Quitting a daily 30mg oxycodone habit, Sweetie needs advice! ( 1 2)

Comedown - Best way to taper off Vicodin?

Journal - My situation

Journal - down to 10 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Now 20mg of Hydrocodone is a refreshing dosage when it comes to withdrawal symptoms. They will not be as severe as many others in this situation. I would however be prepared to face them. People are very different. Some people can have nearly no symptoms at this dosage, some people it will hit like a ton of bricks....

With that being said there is an abundance of remedies to aid in this detox process. If you read the threads I have above you will read about in detail each one. It would take me all night to type them out and we really don't like repeated redundant information clogging up the forum. This is why we usually ask that people Use The Forum Search Engine (UTFSE) before starting new threads as 99% of the time they will find the answers they are looking for. I think the dosage question you had would have been difficult for you too find in a decent amount of time.

My advise is that you start tapering down. I would take as close as you can get to a 2mg reduction every 2 days. This will extend your supply a bit. You should jump off at the lowest possible dose after as long of a taper you can manage. It is my guess that if you do this, you will only feel minor discomfort.

The one thing I think you should educate yourself about it P.A.W.S. After acute withdrawal comes Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. Click on the link below to be educatafied!

Sticky: Help for Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) after Opiate Withdrawal ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

So happy reading and feel free to ask any specific questions here or just reach out for support during your entire detox and taper and you will get it.

Good Luck...

Be Safe, Be Well, Stay Safe, Be Free

1 6 0

Remember, Friends don't let friends use 'SWIM'

Want cool signatures? Animated Avatars like this----> or this--->, Want Chat and Instant Messaging? Top of the list for promotion reviews? Just Donate a little spare chicken scratch and the list goes on and on!

Help keep Drugs Forum Ad Free, Donate now: € 20, € 50, € 100, € 150 or a custom amount.

Last edited by I_MISS_160s; 04-08-2013 at 05:14.
Old 24-07-2013, 05:37
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 302, Level: 2 Points: 302, Level: 2 Points: 302, Level: 2
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Well let me start with some good news. You have only been taking 20mgs a day of hydrocodone so your withdrawals symptoms will be moderate and probably not severe . You will start to feel fairly shitty about 18-24 hours after your last dose and might have trouble sleeping the next few nights. Some stomach cramps and general fatigue set in early on day 2, followed by agitation towards a great many things.

Get some loperamide for the stomach cramps and bathroom issues and try your best to go for a jog or ride a bike. Also take a warm bath and soak for a solid 30 minutes as this will provide some relief. Take some Tylenol for the general aches and pains and make sure to have a few days off work.

All in all it will suck pretty hard but it could be a lot worse trust me. Once you make it to day 4 or 5 you will be over the physical part and then the psychological part starts. Post Accute Withdrawal Syndrome will make you feel depressed and bored to death so find yourself a new hobby right away. Good luck to you and remember it is just a minor bump in the road to finally being free of the never ending dosing to not get sick cycle.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please be cautious of what drugs you advise someone to take and make sure they know the risks, especially about Loperamide. Even better, please familiarize yourself with the possible risks to to recovery from using Lope. Thanks
Old 24-07-2013, 06:00
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,485, Level: 7 Points: 2,485, Level: 7 Points: 2,485, Level: 7
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeyelasik View Post
Get some loperamide for the stomach cramps and bathroom issuesa bike.

Absolutely do NOT do this... Immodium (Loperamide) is an active opiate. You can not get high from it because it can not cross the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier)

Especially with the low dosage of Hydrocodone you were on, taking a drug like Loperamide will only prolong your withdrawal symptoms.

Please refer to the fallowing information if you have any doubts or questions about this.....

Journal - Loperamide - warning!!!

Experiences - Loperamide - The secret Opioid

Addicted to Loperamide (Imodium) and would love some support & guidance ( 1 2)

My Story with Loperamide Addiction

Journal - My use with Loperamide

Now, If you were on much higher doses of opiates, I would not be so down on low doses of Loperamide. But, because you are on a low dose, even a low dose of Loperamide can give you a false sense of recovery and can actually threaten your recovery by just prolonging withdrawal symptoms past your ability to taper from Hydrocodone.

A notice to all. It is very much advised to take in all information given to give accurate advise. If you give advise you don't know too much about and don't give it thoroughly, than you can be risking harm to someone or threaten their recovery chances...

it is good for everyone, myself included to really know the facts about what they are posting before actually posting.

Just wanted to give this as a friendly reminder about the possible proven and experienced dangers of Loperamide.

There are other medications that can be used for stomach issues. The best can be obtained easily from a Dr without giving too much of a reason as they are relatively safe.

Cheers
1 6 0

Remember, Friends don't let friends use 'SWIM'

Want cool signatures? Animated Avatars like this----> or this--->, Want Chat and Instant Messaging? Top of the list for promotion reviews? Just Donate a little spare chicken scratch and the list goes on and on!

Help keep Drugs Forum Ad Free, Donate now: € 20, € 50, € 100, € 150 or a custom amount.

Last edited by I_MISS_160s; 04-08-2013 at 05:15.
Old 24-07-2013, 06:15
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 302, Level: 2 Points: 302, Level: 2 Points: 302, Level: 2
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

I used loperamide to help kick a 30mg a day hydro habit and didn't even think twice about not taking it after day 3(when the cramps went away). Everyone is different but seeing as the OP can keep his habit down to 20mgs a day he should have no problem using loperamide for 3 days in my opinion. It does nothing for me but take away cramps and I was only taking 6mgs a day for this.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09
Mercury Member

24 y/o Male from United States
BudBarsBlues needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Honestly I feel like there are 2 important factors here that we need to look at...
a) you've taken this medication for a very long time with no break.
b) your taking a very low dose and as prescribed.

Clearly if your doctor is stopping the meds cold turkey you'll live. I mean he must understand the concept of WD. However I personally feel that you'll have some minor WD symptoms.
a) anxiety
b) pain in the area you were treating
c) insomnia
d) diarrhea

These are minor in the cases of WD from opiates. Honestly what I would do is take those last 20 days worth of medication and make them last a full month. So lower your dose down and possibly start titrating off. This way I'm very confident you'll be fine and suffer no symptoms.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:24

Male from United States
kidofthekids is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by talula509 View Post
Hey all. I'll start by saying I know everyone is different, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom. I am not going to be able to get any more hydro 10/325 after what I have (about 20 more days worth). For about the last year I have taken 20mg hydro per day, always dose 24 hours apart (don't know of that matters). What kind of fun symptoms do I have to look forward to? Do you think that since I take a fairly low dose that it may not be as bad as some of the horror stories I've read? What kind of stuff (non prescription) should I plan to have on hand to helpe out? Any and all thoughts, comments, and advice welcome
So what your saying is you take 2, 10/325 norcos every 24 hours? Why would you do this to begin with(just curious)? I've been taking 4 of those a day(every 3-6 hours) for over a year now I'd say. Sometimes I wait a week or two after I run out before I bother calling my doctor or having my pharmacy fax a refill(I take aleve and suck it up) and have no withdrawal symptoms. I think you may have withdrawal symptoms but they will be from breaking the habit of looking forward to taking the vicodin each day, not from stopping taking them. If you have any physical symptoms it will be bull/**t things like restless leg which might lead to sleeping problems but that shouldn't last more than a few days.

Share this on:

Tags
addict, addiction, addiction advise, hydrocodone, hydrocodone addiction, opiate, opiate abuse, opiate addict, opiate addiction, opiate addiction and recovery, opiate addiction experiences, opiate addiction recovery, opiate addiction treatment, opiate addiction., opiate addicts, vicodin, vicodin abuse, vicodin addiction, withdrawal

Sitelinks: Information: