Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Nootropics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Nootropics Smartdrugs, Brain boosters & Cognitive enhancers.

Old 20-07-2013, 16:59
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Moribund is captain of the psychonauts.Moribund is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 229, Level: 2 Points: 229, Level: 2 Points: 229, Level: 2
Activity: 11.8% Activity: 11.8% Activity: 11.8%
Phenibut - via intramuscular injection

In my opinion the quickest method of Phenibut ingestion is IM (into the deltoid muscle). I found very little info on this method online in English - practically nothing, but a copious amount of questions. So I had to dig up some old Soviet literature on the subject, take some minimal risks, learn how to do it so that I could finally write a post on it.

Before I used to take pharmaceutical grade phenibut orally 500-750 mg every couple of days and up to 1.5 gram dose on very stressful days. Unfortunately it used to give me me bad stomach cramps, nausea and heartburn, - side effects not uncommon with many phenibut users, this is why I considered switching to IM mode in the first place.

The trick is to get pharmaceutical grade powder (not tablets as those may contain other ingredients which are impossible to filter and could cause abscess). In my opinion it's also unsafe to inject something one bought online without any idea if it may be cut with something, non-sterile, etc. I purchased vials of phenibut for IM injection in Eastern Europe, but when I ran out I had to prepare powder for water-saline based injection.

I discovered that the IM injection site burns in first 15-30 seconds, but if enough water added to the solution the burning shouldn't be at all intense and will quickly go away followed by a feeling of floating and light drunkenness within 3-5 minutes after injection.

If someone is in my situation in regards to intestinal discomfort of per-oral phenibut, or just wants a quick-setting recreational high I would like to post the following advice on IM phenibut

1. Do not inject into the buttocks. It will hurt A LOT more and a little longer A Deltoid or medium sized muscle away from large nerves is always preferable.

2. How much to inject - this is a bit risky as it depends on one's body weight, tolerance, etc. I weigh around a 100 kilos and the most I ever injected into the muscle at once was just under 400 mg (which was clearly way too much, i wouldn't advise it!). Will suffice to say that starting with very small doses is safest - in any case one needs a lot less phenibut than one takes orally.

3. Always bring your powder to a boil (especially if it came from the web - you will need to take some orally first just to make sure it's really phenibut and not something else), filter it properly and be very sterile about it, your tools and injection site. Don't overcook - it may destroy Phenibut's potency.

4. What is the right amount of water? (How much burning can you handle ? This also depends on quantity of powder. The mixture should be just slightly saline otherwise it will hurt more and it will take longer for muscle to recover.

5. Although IM method will not cause any abdominal discomfort and won't put as much stress on your liver as oral phenibut, the kidneys will still have to filter much of it, which can be quite stressful for them, so it's important not to overdo it even if you're feeling just fine.

6. It's probably best to sit down, lie down or recline in the first 10-15 minutes after injection. I sometimes experienced initial dizziness, short-lasting but powerful. Thus driving/operating heavy machinery immediately after an IM injection is a pretty bad and irresponsible idea.

7. How long will it last? Again it depends on your metabolism. I found that it lasts about 70% of the time per-oral phenibut normally lasts with me. The good thing is - it produces far less of a hangover the next day. Shoulder soreness is very superficial and does not interfere with work.

8. Please treat this info carefully. Just because I have a good relationship with this method of use, doesn't mean everyone will.

Enjoy!
Old 24-07-2013, 18:49
Silver Member

Female from Earth
ashxcore is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Phenibut - via intramuscular injection

Thank you! Someone recommended phenibut to me with such glowing reports, but the slooooooow onset I've read about puts me off, especially for anxiety-related issues. When hearing that it is water soluble and that some members of the bodybuilding community inject it, I just knew I had to start looking for data on intramuscular injections.
Old 24-07-2013, 19:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,373, Level: 5 Points: 1,373, Level: 5 Points: 1,373, Level: 5
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Phenibut is acidic, which is revealed in its full name β-phenyl-γ-aminobutyric acid. You mention that oral phenibut gave you indigestion, cramps, and nausea, which is probably due to phenibut being acidic and corrosive in the digestive system.

Which brings me to my question, how can you be sure you aren't damaging your veins and muscles with these IM injections? I figure phenibut is acidic regardless of how you take it, so it might be corroding your insides.

Additionally, phenibut is extremely addictive when taken orally, so I imagine it becomes even more addictive when injected. Be safe, and realize you're going to go through some bad withdrawal to get off phenibut.
Old 25-07-2013, 03:07
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaturtle View Post
Phenibut is acidic, which is revealed in its full name β-phenyl-γ-aminobutyric acid. You mention that oral phenibut gave you indigestion, cramps, and nausea, which is probably due to phenibut being acidic and corrosive in the digestive system.

Which brings me to my question, how can you be sure you aren't damaging your veins and muscles with these IM injections? I figure phenibut is acidic regardless of how you take it, so it might be corroding your insides.

Additionally, phenibut is extremely addictive when taken orally, so I imagine it becomes even more addictive when injected. Be safe, and realize you're going to go through some bad withdrawal to get off phenibut.
As far as addiction is concerned - my phenibut withdrawals are so extremely mild that I am not worried about them. I have tried to quit phenibut abruptly before a number of times. The only side effect for me is tremendous tiredness and laziness as well as cognitive decline and clumsiness which abates in about 4 days. Personally - it doesn't come even close to the severity of opiate withdrawals.

I NEVER would consider injecting phenibut into the vein unless it is pharmacy grade and already comes in vials intended and labeled for IV. The Russian manuals I have read suggest an extremely small IV dose by comparison to IM or per-oral, and I believe it needs to be properly formulated as well.

As far as muscle damage, - I have reasons to doubt that it's as significant as to present a danger to my well-being. First of all - phenibut isn't as corrosive as some other approved injections. Those who ever had an iron or vitamin B12 injection know just how painful it can be, and, some patients do complain of slow healing and complications. Phenibut is NOTHING like that. I would describe the pain as much more superficial. Injection site heals very quickly. Of course, not overdoing it into the same spot is essential unless one does want to feel very sore and, possibly develop a problem - but it's like that with every substance one injects.

In Russia, Belarus and Ukraine phenibut is frequently administered via intramuscular injection to the elderly and patients with digestive disorders. Had there been any special incidence of abscesses or gangrene in the patients as a result - I doubt this method would have been practiced since the early 1970s.

But, thank you for your concern, nonetheless.

Obviously I realize that this method is not for everyone. If one had never injected anything before (like testosterone for example) and doesn't know what is normal for a muscle to feel like during and after injection, the spot, the type of needle, etc. or how to prepare an IM injection properly, - they should stay away from this method. It's for more seasoned "injection buffs" and those who have been trained to perform blood work and injections.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:46
Silver Member

Male from Canada

I must say, after a long break for 4 to 7 days, first IM injection feels pretty intense. First hour and 30 minutes it's like a weird mix of opiates and minor tranquilizers. Muscles feel warm and cozy. No desire to sleep however and no nod (wrong drug , of course).

I was having a really rough day, felt pretty depressed and didn't at all expect how profoundly an IM injection of phenibut would change my mood. Not turn it to euphoric, but made it very pleasantly detached.

One thing I noticed is inconsistency of the initial discomfort after the injection, despite exactly the same dose, site and concentration. Sometimes it only feels like a tiny pinprick and the slight burning disappears in less than 10 seconds completely, while other times there will be some minor discomfort up to a minute after.

Unfortunately my IM supply is running low. It will be a while before I can get more. The only non-pharmaceutical grade that I know from experience to be safe for IM also happens to contain a smaller proportion of GABA in the mix (which many researchers believe to be biologically inactive). Some claim that it does penetrate blood brain barrier when injected, but I have yet so far to notice any effects from it.

And I just hate trying new powders from stores or online. It's tough when you cannot trust someone impartial like an independent licensing commission to watch over manufacture practices

Last edited by Moribund; 02-08-2013 at 02:50.

Share this on: