Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > SOCIAL FORUMS > Social Forums > Drug culture
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug culture About drug icons, drug idols, drug related literature, music, movies, art, conferences & festivals

Old 22-08-2006, 10:26
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way up
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Anthony Bourdain

I had to make this post although I assumed I would get little to no response. I wanted to know If I am the only Anthony Bourdain fan within this drug culture.

If You do not know Anthony Bourdain is a famous travel show host(also a Chef/author), He has his own show on the travel channel called anthony bourdain: No Reservations. In his show you can watch him doing his dream job of traveling the world eating exotic food, and going to exotic locales. People like us would notice how he purposely slips in drug references in about every episode and samples exotic drugs around the world as well (but not in every episode). This probably flys right over the average persons head.

I watch every episode of this show with a nice cold beer and watch Bourdain as he tries Ayuasca in the Amazon, chews coca leaves in Peru, and tries other exotic drugs/alcohol, getting drunk about everywhere he goes, and smoking like a chimney. The drug references are not the reason I keep coming back though, to me Anthony Bourdain has some sort of amazing Charisma. I feel as though I am the only one who appreciates this show. The second season just got approved and I cannot wait for it to come out. Im still Tivo'ing all the reruns and watching them every Monday on the travel channel.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good tip, thanks...
definately check this guys out, good post

Last edited by RoboCop; 18-09-2006 at 10:34.
Old 22-08-2006, 10:51
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Was he the one who joined the Bwiti in Gabon and partook in Iboga? If so, that was fantastic!
Old 22-08-2006, 11:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from Earth
Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.Sky Walker really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5 Points: 1,499, Level: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2
Was he the one who joined the Bwiti in Gabon and partook in Iboga? If so, that was fantastic!

No, I'm pretty sure that was Bruce Parry. He is pretty fantastic though.
Old 22-08-2006, 11:57
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Try reading "Kitchen Confidential" His autobiography (kind of), in it he recounts many of his drug adventures includding doing masses of cocaine whilst cooking, heading up to the beach, iving heroin and waking up sun burnt (amongst other things!)

PS he CERTAINLY has charisma (Be still my heart)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good tip, thanks...
Old 05-09-2006, 11:30

Male
Free Spirit is on the way upFree Spirit is on the way upFree Spirit is on the way upFree Spirit is on the way up
Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3
Good Tip!

I saw one episode of his travel/cooking show a couple of months ago. I guess that was on Discovery. I immediately took a shine to his show and I was looking forward to more episodes, which I regrettably never caught for some reason or another...

Looking at his site I found it's aired on Discovery's Travel Channel (US only?). We've got a different 'Travel Channel' altogether here (unrelated?), but after some research I found it's aired two times a week here, Wednesday and Saturday @ 23.45h on Discovery Travel & Living. Regrettably not more often, unlike many other programs... (Why not is beyond me). It's quite possible that one of them is a re-run of the other day, I don't really know, you have to find that out for yourself.

These channels aren't listed in the regular TV-guides, so you have to check the digital guide on your decoder to find out. Also, it's not the kind of channel we'd normally watch on this hour. Usually I tend to check out these kind of channels late at night when I can't sleep ... That's probably why I didn't even realize his show was on there.

In these parts you probably need digital cable TV or a satellite dish to get it, but if you can receive it make sure to check it out!

I'm also quite curious about "Kitchen Confidential"...
Thanks a lot for posting this RoboCop!

Edited to adjust the days the show is aired, due to crappy online TV-guide...

Last edited by Free Spirit; 11-09-2006 at 05:30.
Old 05-09-2006, 16:56

50 y/o Male from United States
zapatista needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
there is one episode where he consumes Bhang while in India. Pretty cool!
Z
Old 13-09-2006, 18:36

Male
Free Spirit is on the way upFree Spirit is on the way upFree Spirit is on the way upFree Spirit is on the way up
Reminder

Just a quick reminder for people in The Netherlands, the show is on tonight: 23:45 - Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, Puerto Rico [Discovery Travel&Living].

Discovery USA is selling a few DVD's by the way. Rather inexpensive @ $9,- for two shows. The shipping costs are pretty steep though if you live outside US.

Old 17-09-2006, 13:09
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Earth
RoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way upRoboCop is on the way up
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
Today I recieved a copy of Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen confidential. I cannot put this book down, I have never been so inspired. This book has changed Swim's perspective on life more so than any mind-altering hallucinogen. This is the kind of feeling Swim has been looking for his entire life, and now that Swim kicked his Dissociative drug use(YEARS AGO) he is picking up a new hobby READING. I have a feeling Im going to read this book 5 times from front to finish....this week. Then run out and buy another book hoping the author is half as creative as Tony.
Old 17-09-2006, 17:05

Male
Anthony Bourdain Omnibus & Les Halles

LOL, I've bought the Anthony Bourdain Omnibus (Kitchen Confidential & A Cook's Tour) and the Les Halles Cookbook (hardcover) as well. I'm still waiting for the cookbook (has to be shipped from US as I want the original language), but the omnibus has arrived. The GF is wondering what's with all the grinning and sniggering, and tries to steal the book whenever I put it down. What a great read, it's likely to be the best €14,- I ever spent.

I'm not too worried about the cookbook either, given the raving reviews on Amazon e.a.

BTW, have you ever read any Kinky Friedman? Easily he funniest detective writer ever! And Hunter S. Thompson is a must IMHO...

Old 17-09-2006, 17:39

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
swim used to be very into cooking, aswell as cooking shows (kinda weird right watching ppl make food but ye) swim will definately take a look into this great post guys.
Old 08-01-2012, 22:57
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
TarBaby is a decent psychonaut.TarBaby is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Anthony Bourdain

Damn, i know this post is old but I love watching anthony bourdains shows
I cant believe you guys were into him all the way back
in 2006! I also just found out Andrew Zimmerman also abused drugs and alchohol and
robbed womens purses to support his habit. Its crazy to see how rich and famous they
are now and were they started off at.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:13
Mercury Member

24 y/o Male from United States
dkmonk needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: Anthony Bourdain

I think cooking is a natural thing for people who are interested in drugs to take interest in. My best friend went to culinary arts school, and is the biggest hippy stoner ever.

A lot of famous chefs are famous drug addicts and turned their life around by picking up the skill.

It is an art, and a way to express yourself, and typically artsy type people like drugs.

Share this on:

Tags
coca, coca leaf, drug, drug use, drugs, peru

» New Threads
Methamphetamine and Sex
Last post by choppercharlie
274 Replies, 171,093 Views
How to purify...
Last post by ReaperCOBHC
0 Replies, 1 Views
Dxm nausa free dosing methode robo...
Last post by hunter19877