Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 14-07-2013, 21:41
Silver Member

22 y/o Female from United States
inyourdreams is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%
OTC drugs that might show up as methamphetamine on a urine drug test ?

I am currently on probation for a theft charge that I got in May. I just met with my PO for the first time last week and she didn't give me a drug test, just explained all the probation rules and fees and blah, blah, blah. She wants me to come back on the 22nd (just a week from tomorrow) and I feel like she's gonna drug test me then.

I immediately quit smoking weed after the judge ordered me to probation because it takes so long to get out of your system. So the only drugs that I take now are my two prescription meds, Xanax and Zoloft, and I smoke meth usually four days a week (no less than half a gram a day). I've heard that meth takes around 3-5 days to get out of your system once you stop using it. So while I COULD stop using for around five days before a PO visit so that I could have some clean piss, I really DON'T WANT TO if there is a way around it.

I was on probation once before when I was 17 but I wasn't using meth then, or much of anything besides occasional pot or pills, so I didn't have this to worry about. I'm kind of skeptical of all the different drinks you can buy to clean out your system quickly and synthetic piss they sell at head shops and such.

So I guess I'll get to my question now (I'm on one, atm. Sorry, y'all! Lol.). I was just wanting to know if anyone knew of any OTC drugs that I could buy that are known to give false positives for methamphetamine on a urine drug test. That way, I can be like "Here's my prescription Xanax, my prescription Zoloft, and I also take [insert OTC medication here]" and then if I were to test positive for meth, I would not be penalized for it.

Idk. I should probably just suck it up and stay sober 5-7 days before a PO visit so I will know I'm going in with clean piss for her then after I leave her office, go get super duper geeky. But any advice, information, personal experience based on my question will be much appreciated. Happy tweaking, y'all!
Old 14-07-2013, 21:49
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,869, Level: 20 Points: 19,869, Level: 20 Points: 19,869, Level: 20
Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6% Activity: 29.6%
Re: OTC drugs that might show up as methamphetamine on a urine drug test ?

There's plenty of substances that can trigger a false positive, but few that they wouldn't be able to distinguish from methamphetamine in the confirmatory test that is performed when one tests positive.

The only drug that is not easily distinguished from illicit meth (D-methamphetamine) is levomethamphetamine (L-methamphetamine), which is present in some OTC products. However, I wouldn't advise playing that game. If they think you're lying then it is possible for them to request additional testing that can distinguish illicit meth use from levomethamphetamine.
Old 14-07-2013, 22:23
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
Krunche is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

They'll usually give you a 4 panel test looking for meth, amphetamines, opiates, and thc. You'll more than likely be confronted if there is a positive but they might send it to lab to determine the exact substance. You should have already brought in all of your prescriptions anyways. I failed a UA on wednesday and it had been since the saturday before that I used. It shouldn't be detectable after 72 hours but yea it's not enjoyable to plan your usage around a visit to your PO. I'll be signing for 5 years tomorrow but I'm also going to take it seriously and quit using. Good luck!
Old 14-07-2013, 22:24
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Just speculation, but could be ephedrine based alkaloids. Pseudoephedrine and ephedrine both have structural similarities to methamphetamine, and are both sometimes used in its manufacturing process. If you consumed any sinus pills or cold pills, they may contain ephedrine alkaloids, as they are a common additive which may contribute to causing a false positive. Other phenethylamines that have structural similarities to methamphetamine aside from the aforementioned two may also be a factor. They could have been consumed unknowingly if they are part of any supplements or food you may consume. If they are testing for methamphetamine then compounds that are structurally similar may contribute to a false positive.

Can't be absolutely certain, but false positives are fairly common.
Old 15-07-2013, 03:41
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.Diverboone really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,010, Level: 4 Points: 1,010, Level: 4 Points: 1,010, Level: 4
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%

You have been given a noose, what you do with that noose is up to you (noose=probation) not many can play the game that you speak of without that noose falling over their head.

But I can understand your dilemma, I was once there. I wish I knew then what I know now. Most of the over the counter snake oils (drug masking agents) do not preform as advertised.

Is this urine really negative? A systematic review of tampering methods in urine drug screening and testing
Is this urine really negative Jaffee.pdf

Effects of Stealth
Effects of Stealth.pdf

Over the counter products containing l-methamphetamine will return a true positive for meth, l-methamphetamine is the active ingredient in Vick's Vapor Rub. Most immunoassays used as the initial test in Federal workplace drug testing programs are focused on d-methamphetamine. However, the l-methamphetamine enantiomer and amphetamine enantiomers cross-react with the immunoassay reagents. Amphetamines confirmatory tests identify both amphetamine and methamphetamine and do not distinguish between enantiomers. Therefore, there is a possibility that a laboratory positive result could be reported for l-methamphetamine and/or l -amphetamine.

Laboratories may employ a chiral GC/MS assay that distinguishes between the d- and l-enantiomers and determines the relative percentages of each. HHS does not require each certified laboratory to have this capability. Upon written request of the MRO, the laboratory may perform the test or send an aliquot of the specimen to another certified laboratory for d- and l-enantiomer testing.
MRO_Manual_2010_100908.pdf

The following attachment is a compilation of the cross-reactivity information provided in the package inserts of the Abuscreen® OnLine Automated Assays and the OnLine DAT II assays.
cross_drugs.pdf

Dimethylamylamine: A Drug Causing Positive Immunoassay Results for Amphetamines
dimethylamylamine.pdf

Zinc Reduces the Detection of Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and THC by ELISA Urine Testing
Zinc Reduces the Detection of Cocaine,.pdf

Maybe this information will better educate you and rule out some of the street myths

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting points, but please post the most important sections of the references as links go dead over time

Last edited by Diverboone; 15-07-2013 at 03:44. Reason: spacing
Old 18-07-2013, 08:02

46 y/o Male from United States
xspunmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Unless u can jump inside someone elses body who has clean piss....ur fucked bro
Old 18-07-2013, 08:59

31 y/o Male from Earth
ghostseeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Usually they use test strips in the office, if these indicate a positive result its then shipped off to a lab for futher anylisis as the test strips cannot indicate as to a false positive, this allows $ to be saved by not having to send obviously clean urine to a lab; the lab can and will distinguish whether you ingested meth or psuedo-ephedrine products; as for the l- meth good luck in getting your probation officer to undersrand why you ate that vicks inhaile, I think id rather fail for actual meth myselg, stvleadt that way Im not as sad an example of a tweeker lol; Ive known tons of people that were/are on probation/parole that take small bottles of actual clean urine in with them; the trick is in getting/maintaing proper temperature and of ciurse concealment of said bottle, after your first test youll know weather or not your test wil actually be observed, meaning if theyll actually wath you urinate in the cup, some p.o.s do some dont...also in some states, the act of tampering with a urine sampme is a crime in and of itself, you might want to look into yours and take what you find out into consideraton in deciding what to do; but id suggest being clean for that first one, until you know exactly how its gonna go down...

ghostseeker added 7 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Oh yeah as to those urine cleaning products, I know frim experiance that they do not always work; the claims of satisfaction guaranteed or your money back and such just make me laugh; yes sir youll give me the $20-40 bucks back, but what of the $50,000 dolar a year job I lost when your product failed to work as promised? And how do you propose to compensate those whose faith in your product cost them years of there life?

Last edited by ghostseeker; 18-07-2013 at 08:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-07-2013, 01:00
Silver Member

Female from United States
scholastica probably knows what they are talking about.scholastica probably knows what they are talking about.scholastica probably knows what they are talking about.scholastica probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 537, Level: 3 Points: 537, Level: 3 Points: 537, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If staying off drugs is part of your probation you have a choice to make. Choose well. Is getting high worth going to jail? Do you want to detox in jail?
Schola

Post Quality Evaluations:
Simple and to the point

Share this on:

Tags
meth, methamphetamine, otc drugs, probation drug testing