Register Tags

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 07:04

Male from United States
jove420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
60MG of Adderall?

A friend of mine will be taking 60MG of adderall before going to an all day concert (all day meaning 12pm. To 10pm.)
He was wondering if this will be safe. My friend has barely any tolerance with amphetamines.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:26
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.
Points: 870, Level: 4 Points: 870, Level: 4 Points: 870, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: 60MG of Adderall?

Could you please elaborate on your friend's tolerance level to amphetamine?

Also, does your friend possess Adderall IR or Adderall XR?

If it's the former, 60 mg, all at once, is quite a hefty dose for someone who has little to no experience with amphetamine. I wouldn't recommend such a dose to someone with little to no tolerance to the drug, as it may prove to be an extremely uncomfortable experience and, possibly, dangerous.

If it's the latter, your friend will be receiving 30 mg of amphetamine upon ingestion and the other 30 mg about four hours later, generating a much smoother and easier-to-handle experience compared to taking 60 mg at once. Still, I believe that even 30 mg is too much for an "amphetamine newbie". It would be safer if he tried a lower dose instead, such as 10 mg or 15 mg.

Despite whether your friend decides to use Adderall IR or Adderall XR, he may experience the infamous comedown while at the concert regardless. The reason why is because the length of the concert (10 hours) is longer than the duration of effects for, both, the instant release and extended release versions of the drug.

One last question if you don't mind, is your friend planning to use any other drugs, in conjunction with the amphetamine, while at the concert?

Be safe.
Old 11-07-2013, 15:26

Male from United States
jove420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

It's XR. As for his tolerance, he sometimes takes binges of about 30MG every 8 hours for a couple days. He hasn't done said binges since about mid june

jove420 added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Actually, it's IR

Last edited by jove420; 11-07-2013 at 15:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-07-2013, 19:29
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
yeahok is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

If he is used to taking 30mg IR doses, an Adderall XR 60mg pill is equal to (more or less) two 30mg doses.

Some people like to take all of their stuff all at once, but with XRs I like to save half of it for the middle of the "trip."

Ideally XR releases half the doses within an hour then another one 4 hours later. I like to take the rest of the XR an hour before that second dose hits to extend and smooth the experience. Obviously, sleep will be difficult if you go that route, but I like to treat myself to an amphetamine all nighter once a month. I also find that it's smoother that way.

If you take 40mg XR and then 20mg XR 3 hours later, it would be something like this.

after 1 hour: 20mg dose (1st 20mg of first dose)
After 4 hours: 30mg dose (2nd 20mg of first dose + 1st 10mg of second dose)
After 8 hours: 10mg dose (2nd 10mg of second dose)

This will give you time to test the water, and if you feel ok just being on 20mg, then awesome! You get to save the other 20mg for another day...
The last one kinda serves as a step down, instead of drastically jumping from 30mg to nothing.

I mean, if you don't mind crashing fast and hard, just take it all at once (provided your friend REALLY IS used to taking 30mg twice a day).

It's impossible to say whether it will be "safe" or not. There are so many different factors and so many things about your friend that we don't know. Blood pressure problems? Heart issues? Anxiety? Other medications?

There's a ton of info online about adverse side effects and contraindications of Adderall. You should probably do a little research on your own as well. I mean, most people here, including myself, are not doctors, so really we can't tell you you are gonna be ok.
Old 11-07-2013, 19:39
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
renacer is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

A few days ago, a friend of mine took 70 mg of Adderall RX. He also had basically no tolerance, he is 155 lbs. Took it in two doses, 4 pills in the morning, 2 chewed and 2 swallowed at 8AM, and then at noon, 3 pills, 2 chewed, one swallowed.

He felt euphoric from 10AM to 10PM and came down around 1AM but had trouble sleeping. But my friend was just flying home all day, in airports and on planes. He felt cold a lot and always had a dry mouth.

So based on his recollections, I'd tell you that Addy at a concert might be a little risky cause you'll dehydrate. See if they have a refilling station and if they don't, take a bottle of water with you and keep it, fill in the bathroom sinks if you have to if there are any. But definitely, definitely, definitely drink water all day, way more so than usual.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:33
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
Dschump is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2 Points: 265, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

This all depends on your friends tolerance and personal brain chemistry. I myself just took 70mg IR about 1.5 hours ago and snorted 20mg around the same time and not tripping balls or whatever. Some people can handle various substances better than others and it's up to that individual to be able to safely determine his or her own threshold. Typically for someone with little tolerance to amphetamines, anything over 60mg will be a fairly decent dosage and will typical deliver whatever the desired results you are looking for such as increased alertness and slight euphoria. Tell your friend to be careful and to take it slow until he or she knows their limits.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall