Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 14-08-2006, 08:04
Titanium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Beanfondler probably knows what they are talking about.Beanfondler probably knows what they are talking about.Beanfondler probably knows what they are talking about.Beanfondler probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 558, Level: 3 Points: 558, Level: 3 Points: 558, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Adderall vs Desoxyn

Swim is not currently perscriped any stimulants for ADHD but will be going to see a doctor to do just that. Swim is going to get the perscription mainly for recreational purposes. Before anyone goes into how it is unlikely that Swim convinces his doctor to perscribe him what he wants, don't worry he has those bases covered.

Swim has narrowed down what he would like to try and get on. It is between Adderall IR and Desoxyn (methanphatemine). Swim knows that the Desoxyn is more potent but it only comes in 5mg doses and Swim also knows that he would be able to get somewhere in the range of 10mg adderall instead. What Swim wants to know is what perscription has greater recreational potentional, considering that the Desoxyn is likely to be limited to 5mg doses and Swim can probably work up to 15-20mg doses of Adderall IR. So is a lesser dosage of Desoxyn (methanphetamine) more recreational than a higher dosage of Adderall IR?
Old 14-08-2006, 08:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
a lesser dosage of desoxyn would probably be more recreational than a higher dosage of adderall, however, swim does not think desoxyn is usually prescribed for adhd. usually its prescribed for weight loss issues where the person is unable to lose weight any other way, to swims understanding.
Old 14-08-2006, 09:03
Titanium Member

Beanfondler probably knows what they are talking about.Beanfondler probably knows what they are talking about.Beanfondler probably knows what they are talking about.Beanfondler probably knows what they are talking about.
To the best of Swim's knowlegde Desoxyn is no longer approved in the US for weight loss, and is mainly perscribed for ADHD. Swim isn't garaunteed to get Desoxyn, but he does think that it is very likely given his circumstances. Whether or not he is likely to get the perscription isn't what he is worried about though, that information is available. How Desoxyn and Adderall compare isn't as easy to find.
Old 14-08-2006, 12:24

Female from United States
computergod should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1
Don't forget that Desoxyn costs quite a bit more. I would personally go with dexedrine since it does not last that long and won't keep you up too late, it is more recreational then adderal as well.
Old 14-08-2006, 19:10
Titanium Member

Swim doesn't mind the cost, has very good medical insurance. Swim will probably go for Dexedrine if Desoxyn falls through, but what Swim is wondering if anyone either knows or could guess as to what the equivelancy of Desoxyn (methanphetamine) and Adderall or Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) is? Also who needs sleep? Swim just wants the most potent substance he can get.
Old 25-08-2006, 21:08

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
well meth is definately more potent but dexedrine is 2x stronger than adderall (dextro rather than dextro +levo) but swim has heard one intresting thing that desoxyn isnt snortable, they add something so ppl like swiy can not snort it, so if snorting is in mind then take meth off the list. If swiy is willing to learn some extraction swim thinks its possible (idk how) to preform extractions leavin swiy with a smokeable/snortable recipe... but if oral is all swiy cares about and raw equivelancy then desoxyn is the best of the best... its meth, and its pure (well minus fillers and such, but far purer than the shit one gets from jeff foxworthy's cousin's trailor)
Old 28-08-2006, 18:07

33 y/o Male
mspen1018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
I like the glaxxo 5 mg dexedrine better than any of the others... the old Desoxyn Gradumet 15 mg tabs were good (was on 60 mg per day in 1997) but the new desoxyn really sucks did a trial on them a couple months ago and the older desoxyn are great (i have adhd by the way) but the best amphetamine in my opinion is the dexedrine tabs they have the SKF E19 on the golden shield shaped things and work like a charm....
Old 31-08-2006, 13:51

24 y/o Male
speedman is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Methamphetamine hydrochloride ismuch more potent and stronger than adderall.
Old 03-09-2009, 23:20

Male
Angeldevil2u is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Adderall vs Desoxyn

Greetings Hope this Helps:
Adderall is a mix of two amphetamines & two amphetamine salts. So, Adderall is 1/4 Dexedrine (D-amphetamine) & 1/4 Benzedrine (d,l racemic amphetamine). The other two amphetamine salts I am not that familiar with- I believe they have not been marketed by themselves in the last 50 years. Adderall used to be called Obetrol, an old DIET PILL until Shire pharmaceuticals bought it, renamed it, put it through ADD trials & now has captured an ever-increasing share of the ADD market.

Anyways, Benzedrine (d,l racemic amphetamine) was taken off the market long ago because it causes major peripheral stimulation (nervousness) without much CNS stimulation. It is also one of the most famous drugs of abuse of the 1960s. The Benzedrine asthma inhaler had a benzedrine pill in it that people would take out & snort, shoot, or just add it to their morning coffee. So it was taken off the market.

Dexedrine is far superior to Benzedrine since it causes 5 times as much CNS brain stimulation without as much peripheral stimulation as d,l amphetamine. This is because it contains only the good isomer, the d-isomer of amphetamine.

I do not know in which order the four different amphetamines of Adderall kick in. Adderall is designed to last 6 hours. But it sounds like you might benefit from a longer acting stimulant rather than a short acting one- as long as blood levels of amphetamine are rising, you experience a positive effect, but once they start coming down dysphoria usually sets in.

Keep in mind that Vitamin A, & anything acidic like fruit juices or cola increases the excretion, reduces absorptions & lessens the effects of any amphetamine. So it is best to drink water. Anything that reduces stomach acid or that increases the alkalinity of your stomach increases the absorption of amphetamines & lessens urinary excretion thus prolonging its duration of action. Baking Soda, which is very alkaline, is the best agent for this purpose- On the side of the Arm & Hammer box is a recipe for Baking Soda antacid. If you take this with your amphetamine you will notice a huge difference.

Ritalin, Focalin, Concerta- all forms of methyphenidate do NOT cause as much peripheral stimulation as Adderall or Dexedrine. (20 mg of Ritalin= 10 mg of Dexedrine). Methylphenidate is primarily a pretty selective brain stimulant with fewer peripheral & less prominent anorexic effects. But I noticed Ritalin makes you shy & introverted while Dexedrine & Adderall make you confident & outgoing. Concerta & Ritalin are good for ADD but not for mood (or as an anti-depressant).

If I were you I would ask for Dexedrine Spansules (available in 5, 10 or 15 mg dosages) or Adderall XR. Keep in mind, in order to maintain effaciousness, that when switching to a long acting amphetamine the dose is usually increased by atleast 20% of your daily dose of IR Dexedrine or Adderall. Because Dexedrine Spansules last 11 hours you have to be sure to get a high enough dose to be effective. (I think the peak effects are at eight hours post dose). The good thing about the Dexedrine spansules is that you only have to take your total daily dose once a day (in the morning). Dexedrine used to be called the "basic antidepressant" back in the 1950s. Either of these would probably be an improvement since there is less of a comedown & hence less dysphoria- I would recommend the Dexedrine Spansules because they cause more brain stimulation & less nervousness/peripheral stimulation than Adderall or Adderall XR. Spansule technology is an old technology, so I don't know how well it works, so I would ask for the highest dose you could and then titrate it down if its too high. Spansules supposed to release an effective dose immediately and the rest is released in 4? stages throughout the day. I myself am hoping to get rid of the 200 mg Provigil I am taking, which is a glorified $5 a pill version of extended release caffeine & switch to Dexedrine Spansules.

There is immediate release Dexedrine but it is only available in 5 mg tablets. Dexedrine lasts almost as long as Adderall (4.5 to 6+ hours) but you will still have the same come-down/rebound crappy feeling. Dextrostat is the exact same thing (d-amphetamine) except its cheaper & they offer both 5 & 10 mg tablets.

The only other choice would be Desoxyn (Abbott laboratories) which lasts for a long time- it is the pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine hcl. Unlike the street version, Desoxyn is a clean safe version & is sometimes prescribed for children with ADD. It is (much) more expensive & only comes in 5 mg tablets, but I believe it lasts atleast 8 hours. Most doctors won't prescribe it because of its generic name.
Angel
Old 08-09-2009, 18:13
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Christian1122 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 326, Level: 2 Points: 326, Level: 2 Points: 326, Level: 2

Considering the fact that Desoxyn is 100% pharmaceutical grade Methamphetamine, My buddy would say that.
Old 19-09-2009, 16:32

26 y/o Male from United States
Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3

SWIM has had a very long history with both and says with 100% confidence that Desoxyn is THE best ADHD medication and the PROs outweigh the CONs more than any other medication of its class.

The only reason SWIM is taking 30mg IR Adderall 2z daily atm for the past year or maybe less(he is not sure exactly) is because of the staggering price of desoxyn in his home state and SWIM has no insurance.

SWIM went from 10Mg adderall to 20mg to desoxyn because the adderall made him quite jittery and even though he has an abundance of 2mf xanax bars he could use to counter those side-effects, he would rather not.

SWIM did his research and found out about desoxyn and brought a stack of paperwork to his psychologist showing how people have reported much better results and less side effects and also better facts frmo a medical/chemical standpoint. SWIM's doc trusts his knowledge, judgment and his ability to act responsibly despite his past history of drug use. SWIM told him if things didn't work out well he would gladly stop the RX and happily go to Rehab/

It has been 4 years later and SWIM is still receiving 60 adderall 30mg and 90 Xanax 2mg a month and has yet to develop any sort of negative side effect or problems concerning addiction to either substance. Once SWIM is able to have medical insurance again he will be switching back to Desoxyn as soon as he is able to.

ALL IN ALL

DESOXYN > ADDERALL

RECREATIONAL VALUE

DESOXYN = ADDERALL

I SAY THIS BECAUSE FOR EUPHORIA AND ALL THE POSITIVE NOTICEABLE EFFECTS FROM DESOXYN ARE FAR SUPERIOR TO ADDERALL BUT IF ONE WANTS TO GET TWEAKY DEAKY FREAKY ZEAKY TWACKED SWIM THINKs ENOUGH ADDERALL WOULD DO THE JOB A BIT BETTER.
Old 19-09-2009, 18:46
Silver Member

Male from Switzerland
MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.MisterV is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmeka View Post
It has been 4 years later and SWIM is still receiving 60 adderall 30mg and 90 Xanax 2mg a month and has yet to develop any sort of negative side effect or problems concerning addiction to either substance.
This is a joke, right? SWIY takes 6mg of alprazolam a day and doesnt consider that as an addiction. Perhaps SWIY should look over his med dose again...
Old 19-09-2009, 23:24

26 y/o Male from United States
Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3

SWIM never said he took 6mg daily if he did oops his bad but he does RECEIVE 90 Alprazolam 2mg bars.

let SWIM just say daddy needs a new cellular.

SWIM did once take 2mg nightly for 30 days as an experiment to see the effects of stopping suddenly. SWIMs conclusion came to no negative effects to report.

to SWIM it all depends on the patient. sure SWIM is young and gets some RXs that most American citizens fight hard for and never get but not once has SWIM almost overdosed or accidentally mixed them with too much beer or w/e.

SWIM actually does need 6mg of alprazolam extremely rarely when his anxiety is more unbearable than normal.

3yrs+ and no problems SWIM is a happy camper dpnt hate the player hate the game
Old 24-09-2009, 03:25

23 y/o Male
WheatThins is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

in response to the original poster:
based on my limited experience with desoxyn and my very extensive (maybe a little too extensive) experience with adderall and other amphetamine pills, i would have to say that desoxyn definitely has the advantage as a recreational substance if price is not a factor. desoxyn gives me a cleaner feeling high (possibly due to using less and for a shorter period of time than i would with adderall) and a more euphoric feeling throughout my body, more of that top of the world feeling. personally though i'm not a big fan of stimulants due to the comedown so if i had ADHD i'd have to go with ritalin

WheatThins added 19 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

accidently reffered to swim as me/i. really need to work on that

Last edited by WheatThins; 24-09-2009 at 03:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-10-2009, 05:55

29 y/o Male
Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.
Points: 1,016, Level: 4 Points: 1,016, Level: 4 Points: 1,016, Level: 4

SWIM sent the following:

Sorry for this digression, but, 6mg Xanax is quite a bit for a new user, but for a person who has been on it for longer than a year straight, it's pretty standard. I'm prescribed 8mg per day (4 2mg bars) and 40mg adderall (twice daily), but I only take 4mg of the Xanax usually. Xanax tolerance buidls very quickly and 2mg seems like nothing now. Especially for people with generalized stress syndromes and ADHD (of which I have both) it is very common to prescribe Adderall with quite high doses of Xanax in general.

Aside from that, 4mg is generally cited as a safe dose, even for new users, where withdrawal is concerned.

Usually heavy withdrawal is only associated with binge users of fairly large amounts. Even a weekend of heavy Xanax abuse will result in a severe biochemical hangover and possibly even strong withdrawal symptoms such as tremors.

I myself have neverr experienced withdrawal and I take them regularly, but have gone for over a week without them without problems.

A lot of Xanax addiction is psychological under 4mg-6mg.
Old 27-10-2009, 01:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
nleksan is a decent psychonaut.
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Preface: This post will be kinda short, but SWIM has EXTENSIVE experience with Desoxyn (dextro-methamphetamine hydrochloride 5mg IR tablets produced by Ovation Labs; white pills with "OV" on one side and "12" on the other), but SWIM does not want to bore everyone with nearly 3 years of experience using it alone and with a literal cornucopia of substances and how well they work together, or if they don't.

Anyway....

SWIM was prescribed Desoxyn 5mg Tablets for about 2 1/2 years, at a quantity of #120 per month. Directions were to take 2*5mg tablets in the AM and then 2*5mg tablets in the early afternoon.

**Note** SWIM was at the same time also Rx'd the following: #90 1mg Klonopin (clonazepam brand-name) 2x1mg immediately upon waking 1x1mg in afternoon, #60 30mg Temazepam (brand name: Restoril) 2x30mg at night, #60 30mg Flurazepam (brand name: Dalmane) 2x30mg at night, #60 150mg Lyrica (pregablin brand-name) 2x150mg in AM, and for some time also #60 40mg Opana ER (oxymorphone controlled-release) 1x20mg AM and 1x20mg PM, #120 20mg OxyContin 1x20mg every 6hrs, #120 7.5/325mg Percocet (oxycodone/APAP) 1-2tabx4-6hr, and finally #90 350mg Carisaprodol (brand name Soma) 1tab 3x/day.
Those were good times... Ahhh

SWIM switched to Desoxyn from Dexedrine IR 10mg (started at 20mg a day and ended up at 60mg a day), and despite the lower dose numerically, SWIM's socks were blown off with just 10-15mg Desoxyn orally. It is a completely different feeling from what SWIY would probably expect, because SWIM was quite surprised. The following paragraph(s) will do their best to describe the pros and cons of Desoxyn, especially in comparison to other comparable drugs such as d,-amphetamine, levo-amphetamine, racemic amphetamine, racemic methamphetamine, racemic methylphenidate, and d,-methylphenidate (all of which SWIM has been Rx'd, legitimately, over the past 8 or 9 years for ADD).

*Interesting Fact* The name "Desoxyn" comes from one of the chemical names for methamphetamine, desoxyephedrine. And now you know... and knowing is half the battle! GO JOE
Sorry, SWIM couldn't help himself

When SWIM first took Desoxyn, he took 10mg orally (T+0h). The first thing he noticed was that the "come-up" was incredibly fast for a PO drug, as SWIM was feeling the effects within 8-10min of administration. It was taken on an empty stomach, also. The peak came around 20-25min after administration, and SWIM noticed that it was MUCH calmer than Dexedrine (from which he switched to Desoxyn). It felt just like there were "waves" flowing through his body, and it felt really good. SWIM was able to read a magazine easily (Rolling Stone "500 Greatest Songs" issue), and was at the dog park with SWIM's dog and decided to get up and run around with her. SWIM felt great, very euphoric, but he also noticed feeling quite calm and without the typical amphetamine-induced heart palpitations.
SWIM went home after about an hour at the park (T+2.5h) and decided to just kind of chill at home during his first experience with this new drug. The peak was still going strong. SWIM knows that the following may or may not have altered the "experiment", but at about T+3h, SWIM consumed 15mg Oxymorphone intravenously. SWIM said "may or may not have" because, at the time, SWIM was using between 65-90mg of IV Oxymorphone, so those 15mg were really just a "booster" or "stay-well" shot. Anyway, SWIM enjoyed the Oxymorphone, and felt that the rush may have been potentiated by the Desoxyn (later experimenting shows this to be true, to some degree). SWIM decided to head over to his friends' house and show off his awesome new Rx to them. He arrived at approximately T+5h and showed his friends his newly found wealth. He offered some to some friends (only his GOOD friends; not to the douchebags who SAY they'll "hit ya back", but never do), 2*5mg per person. SWIM rants and raves about how awesome it is, and Friend One (F1 from now) decides to insufflate them while Friend Two (F2 here-on-out) decides orally is the best choice and swallows them down. SWIM laughs to himself, as it is around 8pm and F1 and F2 have little to no tolerance to amphetamines.
Sorry, I'm starting to rant.
SWIM and his two friends hung out for a while, all enjoying the effects. F1 thought the come-up was quite quick and that it was very intense. F2 enjoyed the slower, but still quite quick come-up. SWIM departed about 4 hours later, or T+9h, just as the effects were starting to wear off. SWIM had a gentle come-down for about 3 hours after he arrived home, and was able to fall asleep with just his usual dose of Temazepam (60mg). SWIM woke up after a 9ish-hour sleep feeling fairly refreshed, and was read to start his first full day of Desoxyn, which is 2*5mg upon waking and then 2*5mg in the early afternoon (~3pm).

Okay, SWIM's fingers are hurting, and he promises he will come back later to finish this post because he has a lot more interesting info to share.

In the meanwhile, if any fellow swimmers have a question, they can either PM "nleksan" or post the question in this thread. THANKS!
Old 28-10-2009, 13:11

29 y/o Male
Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.Songcycle67 must live here.
Points: 1,016, Level: 4 Points: 1,016, Level: 4 Points: 1,016, Level: 4

SWIM said this to me:

Desoxyn sounds really amazing. I definitely do enjoy a bit of recreational aspect to my experiences, euphoria and what-not, but not overwhelmingly so. It tends to make me really really sleepy. I went to my psychiatrist last week; I'm on adderall and was wanting to switch to Dexedrine. I just basically told her the truth, that I had researched "stimulant therapy" (key distinction ha!) and it seems that the non-dextro amphs are more or less filler. Of course they claim it's to make the comedown smoother, but I haven't noticed any difference.

Right now I'm taking Dexedrine IR 40mg per day (from 40mg adderall) and I've never felt so euphoric in my life, but at the same time I feel totally obsessed with being active. I know that sounds like a "duh" statement, but I'm extremely lethargic--I once took 50mg of adderall and fell asleep after ingestion.

I'm not sure if my tolerance is just low or what, but I have been taking these Dexedrine in 5mg doses and that seems like plenty. I haven't experienced any negative side effects. No more blurry vision. And I've also noticed that my thoughts come out clearer, whereas sometimes, with a touch too much adderall, your mouth can become a diarrhea fountain.

I do have the option of switching though, this is just trial.

So I have a few questions for you:

She suggested Vyvanese, which, sounds to me like such a more complicated problem with all the metabolisation issues. I mean you do eventually get the dextroamphetamine, but I can't stand taking drugs where you can't tell when it's gonna kick in. So I think I got that covered.

Do you think if she's going for Vyvanese I could feasibly ask for Desoxyn? I'm not too familiar with the comparative strengths of the two. Secondly, it didn't really implicitly say so in your message,; are you an actual ADHD sufferer? Finally, I do not want to even get near something like meth. If it's just a cousin or a mild analogue, that's cool. But meth is the one drug that really really scares me.

So if you have any advice I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Edit: NM, Desoxyn is just pharmaceutical Methamphetamine.

Last edited by Songcycle67; 28-10-2009 at 13:23.
Old 01-11-2009, 13:33

39 y/o Male from United States
rxjunky should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post
Preface: This post will be kinda short, but SWIM has EXTENSIVE experience with Desoxyn (dextro-methamphetamine hydrochloride 5mg IR tablets produced by Ovation Labs; white pills with "OV" on one side and "12" on the other), but SWIM does not want to bore everyone with nearly 3 years of experience using it alone and with a literal cornucopia of substances and how well they work together, or if they don't.

Anyway....

SWIM was prescribed Desoxyn 5mg Tablets for about 2 1/2 years, at a quantity of #120 per month. Directions were to take 2*5mg tablets in the AM and then 2*5mg tablets in the early afternoon.

**Note** SWIM was at the same time also Rx'd the following: #90 1mg Klonopin (clonazepam brand-name) 2x1mg immediately upon waking 1x1mg in afternoon, #60 30mg Temazepam (brand name: Restoril) 2x30mg at night, #60 30mg Flurazepam (brand name: Dalmane) 2x30mg at night, #60 150mg Lyrica (pregablin brand-name) 2x150mg in AM, and for some time also #60 40mg Opana ER (oxymorphone controlled-release) 1x20mg AM and 1x20mg PM, #120 20mg OxyContin 1x20mg every 6hrs, #120 7.5/325mg Percocet (oxycodone/APAP) 1-2tabx4-6hr, and finally #90 350mg Carisaprodol (brand name Soma) 1tab 3x/day.
Those were good times... Ahhh

SWIM switched to Desoxyn from Dexedrine IR 10mg (started at 20mg a day and ended up at 60mg a day), and despite the lower dose numerically, SWIM's socks were blown off with just 10-15mg Desoxyn orally. It is a completely different feeling from what SWIY would probably expect, because SWIM was quite surprised. The following paragraph(s) will do their best to describe the pros and cons of Desoxyn, especially in comparison to other comparable drugs such as d,-amphetamine, levo-amphetamine, racemic amphetamine, racemic methamphetamine, racemic methylphenidate, and d,-methylphenidate (all of which SWIM has been Rx'd, legitimately, over the past 8 or 9 years for ADD).

*Interesting Fact* The name "Desoxyn" comes from one of the chemical names for methamphetamine, desoxyephedrine. And now you know... and knowing is half the battle! GO JOE
Sorry, SWIM couldn't help himself

When SWIM first took Desoxyn, he took 10mg orally (T+0h). The first thing he noticed was that the "come-up" was incredibly fast for a PO drug, as SWIM was feeling the effects within 8-10min of administration. It was taken on an empty stomach, also. The peak came around 20-25min after administration, and SWIM noticed that it was MUCH calmer than Dexedrine (from which he switched to Desoxyn). It felt just like there were "waves" flowing through his body, and it felt really good. SWIM was able to read a magazine easily (Rolling Stone "500 Greatest Songs" issue), and was at the dog park with SWIM's dog and decided to get up and run around with her. SWIM felt great, very euphoric, but he also noticed feeling quite calm and without the typical amphetamine-induced heart palpitations.
SWIM went home after about an hour at the park (T+2.5h) and decided to just kind of chill at home during his first experience with this new drug. The peak was still going strong. SWIM knows that the following may or may not have altered the "experiment", but at about T+3h, SWIM consumed 15mg Oxymorphone intravenously. SWIM said "may or may not have" because, at the time, SWIM was using between 65-90mg of IV Oxymorphone, so those 15mg were really just a "booster" or "stay-well" shot. Anyway, SWIM enjoyed the Oxymorphone, and felt that the rush may have been potentiated by the Desoxyn (later experimenting shows this to be true, to some degree). SWIM decided to head over to his friends' house and show off his awesome new Rx to them. He arrived at approximately T+5h and showed his friends his newly found wealth. He offered some to some friends (only his GOOD friends; not to the douchebags who SAY they'll "hit ya back", but never do), 2*5mg per person. SWIM rants and raves about how awesome it is, and Friend One (F1 from now) decides to insufflate them while Friend Two (F2 here-on-out) decides orally is the best choice and swallows them down. SWIM laughs to himself, as it is around 8pm and F1 and F2 have little to no tolerance to amphetamines.
Sorry, I'm starting to rant.
SWIM and his two friends hung out for a while, all enjoying the effects. F1 thought the come-up was quite quick and that it was very intense. F2 enjoyed the slower, but still quite quick come-up. SWIM departed about 4 hours later, or T+9h, just as the effects were starting to wear off. SWIM had a gentle come-down for about 3 hours after he arrived home, and was able to fall asleep with just his usual dose of Temazepam (60mg). SWIM woke up after a 9ish-hour sleep feeling fairly refreshed, and was read to start his first full day of Desoxyn, which is 2*5mg upon waking and then 2*5mg in the early afternoon (~3pm).

Okay, SWIM's fingers are hurting, and he promises he will come back later to finish this post because he has a lot more interesting info to share.

In the meanwhile, if any fellow swimmers have a question, they can either PM "nleksan" or post the question in this thread. THANKS!
re*Note** SWIM was at the same time also Rx'd the following: #90 1mg Klonopin (clonazepam brand-name) 2x1mg immediately upon waking 1x1mg in afternoon, #60 30mg Temazepam (brand name: Restoril) 2x30mg at night, #60 30mg Flurazepam (brand name: Dalmane) 2x30mg at night, #60 150mg Lyrica (pregablin brand-name) 2x150mg in AM, and for some time also #60 40mg Opana ER (oxymorphone controlled-release) 1x20mg AM and 1x20mg PM, #120 20mg OxyContin 1x20mg every 6hrs, #120 7.5/325mg Percocet (oxycodone/APAP) 1-2tabx4-6hr, and finally #90 350mg Carisaprodol (brand name Soma) 1tab 3x/day.
Those were good times... Ahhh. . .
that is bullshit oxy contin and percs, oxymorphine as well, dalmane and ristoril. you are a fucking liar. . . .no dr would prescribe that. 60 mg ristoril and 60 dalmane. what is a perc gonna do ifyou are taking oxy and opane. this is all bull shit. . . .
Old 15-07-2011, 07:48

31 y/o Male from United States
SPEEDBABY is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Well, if its potency you want, go for the desoxyn. It's meth-amphetamine, dude. There's a reason they won't make them in a dose higher than 5 mg
Old 15-07-2011, 16:52
Silver Member

Male from United States
nleksan is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxjunky View Post
re*Note** SWIM was at the same time also Rx'd the following: #90 1mg Klonopin (clonazepam brand-name) 2x1mg immediately upon waking 1x1mg in afternoon, #60 30mg Temazepam (brand name: Restoril) 2x30mg at night, #60 30mg Flurazepam (brand name: Dalmane) 2x30mg at night, #60 150mg Lyrica (pregablin brand-name) 2x150mg in AM, and for some time also #60 40mg Opana ER (oxymorphone controlled-release) 1x20mg AM and 1x20mg PM, #120 20mg OxyContin 1x20mg every 6hrs, #120 7.5/325mg Percocet (oxycodone/APAP) 1-2tabx4-6hr, and finally #90 350mg Carisaprodol (brand name Soma) 1tab 3x/day.
Those were good times... Ahhh. . .
that is bullshit oxy contin and percs, oxymorphine as well, dalmane and ristoril. you are a fucking liar. . . .no dr would prescribe that. 60 mg ristoril and 60 dalmane. what is a perc gonna do ifyou are taking oxy and opane. this is all bull shit. . . .
SWIM can assure you that it was NOT bullsh*t. SWIM was at the time taking 20mg Desoxyn, 3mg Klonopin, 30mg temazepam daily, as Rx'd by his psychiatrist. SWIM then had a serious back injury, and was initially put on Soma 3x/day and 7.5/325 Percocet 6-10/day and given a referral to a physiatrist for an appointment in 2 weeks, who kept SWIM on the Soma, added 20mg OxyContin 3x/day, and changed the Percocet to 7.5/325 4-8x/day PRN. At SWIM's next psych appointment, his temazepam dosage was increased to 45mg/night and Lyrica was added at 75mg 2xday. His next physiatrist appointment resulted in increasing the 20mg OxyContin to 4x/day and decreasing the Percocet to 4-6x/day. This last appointment was only 1week before SWIM's pain management appointment. At the PM appointment, the Doctor told SWIM to continue taking the OC and Percocet as RX'ed, and that he was going to transition me to Opana. SWIM started taking 5mg Opana IR 2x/day to cut out the percocet, and then 10mg ER 2x/day and 5mg IR 3x/day to cut out the OxyContin. Finally, SWIM was settled on 20mg ER 2x/day, which he maintained for 7 months without requiring a dosage increase. Over this time, SWIM's back problems caused so much trouble that his shrink increased the temazepam to 60mg/night, the lyrica to 300mg/day, and eventually added flurazepam (Dalmane), starting at 30mg and ending up at 60mg a night, as an adjunct to the temazepam, due to my not responding as favorably to the Halcion (triazolam) at normal doses, and her being uncomfortable prescribing SWIM 2mg triazolam/night over a long period. Had the Dalmane not worked, SWIM would have been switched to chloral hydrate syrup, and as a last resort, he would have been switched to Seconal.

SWIM does not know why SWIY doubts his story? Hopefully it makes more sense now that there is somewhat of a timeline, seeing as how this happened over a period of 3-4 months (the drugs added/dosages increased), and then was maintained on that exact combination for a total of 7 months, after which the Opana and Soma were dropped, but SWIM stayed at 20mg Desoxyn, 3mg Klonopin, 60mg Restoril, 60mg Dalmane, and 300mg Lyrica for well over a year... (SWIM did not always take his full dose of temazepam and/or flurazepam, so while he was prescribed such a high dose, he typically took one drug or the other, and about half of the time it was at a lower dose than he was RX'd).

Pain patients, if they work with multiple doctors and take a multi-disciplinary approach to their treatment, such as seeing a PM doc and a Psych, can easily end up on such a combination of drugs. When a person is having monthly and sometimes twice-monthly facet join injections (big needles into the spine), occasional radiofrequency nerve ablations, or at least attempted ones (even bigger tubes stuck into the spine to "reset" or sometimes simply burn the nerves), and they have a facet joint in their spine that has deteriorated allowing the sciatic nerve bundle to slip through and become lodged in between two compressive bones, which can be proven on MRI/X-Ray, doctors realize that the person is going to be in extraordinary pain and will do their best to treat it.

nleksan added 13 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songcycle67 View Post
SWIM said this to me:

Desoxyn sounds really amazing. I definitely do enjoy a bit of recreational aspect to my experiences, euphoria and what-not, but not overwhelmingly so. It tends to make me really really sleepy. I went to my psychiatrist last week; I'm on adderall and was wanting to switch to Dexedrine. I just basically told her the truth, that I had researched "stimulant therapy" (key distinction ha!) and it seems that the non-dextro amphs are more or less filler. Of course they claim it's to make the comedown smoother, but I haven't noticed any difference.

Right now I'm taking Dexedrine IR 40mg per day (from 40mg adderall) and I've never felt so euphoric in my life, but at the same time I feel totally obsessed with being active. I know that sounds like a "duh" statement, but I'm extremely lethargic--I once took 50mg of adderall and fell asleep after ingestion.

I'm not sure if my tolerance is just low or what, but I have been taking these Dexedrine in 5mg doses and that seems like plenty. I haven't experienced any negative side effects. No more blurry vision. And I've also noticed that my thoughts come out clearer, whereas sometimes, with a touch too much adderall, your mouth can become a diarrhea fountain.

I do have the option of switching though, this is just trial.

So I have a few questions for you:

She suggested Vyvanese, which, sounds to me like such a more complicated problem with all the metabolisation issues. I mean you do eventually get the dextroamphetamine, but I can't stand taking drugs where you can't tell when it's gonna kick in. So I think I got that covered.

Do you think if she's going for Vyvanese I could feasibly ask for Desoxyn? I'm not too familiar with the comparative strengths of the two. Secondly, it didn't really implicitly say so in your message,; are you an actual ADHD sufferer? Finally, I do not want to even get near something like meth. If it's just a cousin or a mild analogue, that's cool. But meth is the one drug that really really scares me.

So if you have any advice I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Edit: NM, Desoxyn is just pharmaceutical Methamphetamine.
SWIM does have ADD, as diagnosed by two separate psychiatrists using extensive testing and imaging, done 10 years apart from one another.

Desoxyn may be methamphetamine, and there is a stigma attached to it, but as far as ADD treatment goes for those who suffer from LEGITIMATE ADD, it can be a god-send. For SWIM, he was suffering far too much from the side-effects of high doses of Dexedrine, 60mg/day, when he was switched. 20mg of Desoxyn still kicked him in the butt, though in a different way... Desoxyn is very calm and the IR tablets, the only way it's available, actually last a solid 8 hours in comparison to Dexedrine IR's 4-5hrs. This means that not only were the side effects reduced (not only due to the reduction in drug dosage for equivalent effects, but also because dextro-m,-amp has significant effects on dopamine and serotonin and very little on norepinephrine, while d,-amp acts primarily on dopamine and norepinephrine, with no effect on serotonin). Since SWIM has NEVER responded well to any kind of controlled-/extended-release stimulant (Adderall XR, Concerta, Ritalin LA, Dexedrine Spansules although the Dex Spans were at least tolerable), Desoxyn offers that benefit as well: smooth action, no "ups-and-downs" as are common with many "extended release" systems that are really just relabeled dose-dumping systems... IE Adderall XR 30mg, when consumed, releases about 12.5mg immediately, another 10mg four hours later, and 7.5mg three hours after that; this causes the "ups and downs". Desoxyn is instant-release, but the methyl-grouping on the amp molecule allows it to resist breakdown by MAO for almost twice as long.

Granted, it is very difficult to get a prescription for, and the people in the country who do have a legit RX for it are numbered in the hundreds, not the tens-or-hundreds of thousands like many other CII drugs (MS-Contin, OC, etc). If SWIY has a good relationship with their doctor, and there is mutual trust, it may be worth bringing it up. However, one does assume the risk of being labeled a drug seeker anytime one comes across as being "a little too interested" in the medication they're taking, which is ridiculous because people SHOULD be as informed as possible about what's going in their mouth/body, but that's just how it is...

Hope this helps somewhat.

Last edited by nleksan; 15-07-2011 at 16:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-09-2011, 04:28

Male from United States
leviathan196 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

SWIM is currently prescribed 10mg of Dexedrine 3x aday, Xanax 1mg 3x aday as needed, Lunesta 2 mg at bedtime as needed, Seroquel 25 mg at bedtime as needed, Klonopin 1mg 2x aday, Depakote 1500mg, Kepra 1750mg, Pecocet 10 mg 3x aday as needed, nexium 30mg at bedtime, deplin 15mg daily, Luvox 300mg daily, Lexapro 20 mg 2x aday, Tramadol ER 1x aday as needed.

SWIM was on Adderall 30 mg IR 2x aday at 8am 12 noon and 10 mg Adderall at 4 pm.........however due to the shortage of Adderall swim's MD switched to Dexedrine 10mg 3x aday. The Dexedrine is a generic brand and doesn't do anything for SWIM except make swim sleep.......swim went to the pharmacy and had them order non-generic Dexedrine for swims next refill they told swim that if they still manufacture it they will (last non-generic fill was in 2004). Will the non-generic make a difference or will I need to up the Dexedrine to 20 mg 3x aday, next is do they still make non-generic Dexedrine?

Thanks.
Old 24-09-2011, 11:42

Male from USA - Illinois
RX420 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2 Points: 293, Level: 2

after many years my friend is up to 30mg adderalls 3x a day. also 1mg of ativan 3x a day, valium at 5mg 3x a day and temazepam 30mgs at night.

he has been wondering about asking about the switch to Dexedrine or desoxyn because of the lower side effects but fears hell come off as a seeker. adderall has been a love/hate for my friend. it helps majorly but hes not a fan of long term use of such a high dose of stimulants. either/or without add meds, life is very hard for my friend. which makes daily living much more work and stress because of the lack of attention and how easily distracted he is.

he may do a lot of research and bring in documents like said above a few posts above and tell his doc my friend thinks in the long run hed be more happy with less pills a day and perhaps less jitters on the come down.

sorry this is really isnt a vs comment..but after reading the posts my friend really would like to switch.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:48

24 y/o Male from United States
babymilo101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

is there any advice anyone could give swim on how to switch to desoxyn currently swim is taking 2x 20 mg ir adderall. swim has heard of desoxyn and wishes to switch. swim like most people does not want to seem like a seeker and because we are talking about prescription meth what would be the best way to go about it
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Impure157 is on the way upImpure157 is on the way upImpure157 is on the way up
Points: 323, Level: 2 Points: 323, Level: 2 Points: 323, Level: 2
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX420 View Post
after many years my friend is up to 30mg adderalls 3x a day. also 1mg of ativan 3x a day, valium at 5mg 3x a day and temazepam 30mgs at night.

he has been wondering about asking about the switch to Dexedrine or desoxyn because of the lower side effects but fears hell come off as a seeker.
Ok first I'd say just to your friend to get the idea of possibly being prescribed desoxyn out of his head, it's fairly uncommon, hell it's pretty rare for anyone to be prescribed desoxyn. Not to mention the drugs price and the reports from people who have had access to desoxyn, of it producing weaker and less intense effects than equivalent doses of other prescription amphetamines.

With that out of the way I think that your friend could very easily get switched to dextroamphetamine from what you've said. The dose would most likely be reduced due to dexedrine not containing all that extra useless levo junk, how much of a reduction is impossible to say though.

I know from being prescribed both at different periods that the side effects from dexedrine are much less bothersome than adderall. The exact list of side effects is nearly identical, but the appetite suppression, the muscle strain, etc. are a fair bit weaker. Most importantly the duration and the insomnia related side effects are not nearly the problem that they are with adderall, that fact is your friends best tool to convince his doctor to switch medications.

Obviously your friends doc trusts him quit a bit already to write scripts for not only a huge dose of mixed amphetamine but a not-insignificant amount of powerful benzos.(My doctor was too worried to ever raise my dexedrine dose above 50mg/day and eventually lowered it to 45mg/day and trusts me enough to prescribe clonazepam to help sleep, but never more than every other month, and that is only short-term)
If your friends doctor is competent, trusts your friend, and is reasonable, then your friend should only have to go in, speak with the doctor about the problems sleeping I assume he has from the temazepam. Any research your friend can do to help reinforce the argument would be a great help but tell him don't go overboard, just some factual information, keep anecdotal stuff to a minimum. If your friend states his case, explaining how dextroamphetamine would interfere with his sleep cycle, not to forget it would cause less physical side effects overall, but most importantly he can not be afraid to discuss adjusting his night-time benzo regimen. If your friend is worried about his doctor being suspicious and labeling him a drug seeker this should help avoid that and show that your friend is genuinely interested in feeling better and reducing the discomfort/side effects he's experiencing from his medications.
Old 22-07-2012, 00:03

28 y/o Male from United States
nuggs313 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I have to say I don't think Desoxyn is covered by insurence and also I'd like to know a pharmacy that even carries it because it's so rarely scripted also the just what most people think of meth I'm sure pharmacist morals come into play simply not carrying it because people hate meth u know what I'm saying

Share this on:

Tags
dexedrine, snorting drugs