Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 12-08-2006, 23:28

Male from United States
CrystalDextro is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Additives to Robitussin Cough Gels? (DXM)

Swim took 20 robos recently and purged shortly after they were consumed(less than 4 mins) swim has heard of a possiblity of adding irritents to robo jell caps to discourage recreational use.
Old 12-08-2006, 23:42
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Does swiy mean robotussin gel caps? If so, swim has experience with these. He doesn't like to just pop them as they hit all at once hard and its a bit overwhelming.

The main problem with the caps is that they contain sorbitol, which can induce nausea. Popping that many of them will be hard on your stomach, especially if you haven't eaten.

Swim took an entire container once (20 caps I think) and was fine at first, but then the room started spinning around him and he had to go run and projectile vomit into the toilet stall. (hehe). He thinks he may have been because he took them before eating and they hit while he was eating so he couldnt consume any more food as he was too fucked and was in a public place.

So yeah, most likely the sorbitol that is causing the problem, not some special irritant added to discourage recreational use (unless thats the only reason for the sorbitol, but swim thinks its there for some purpose).

Sorbitol is poorly digested by the body and can cause cell damage if too much is taken. Avoid gel caps and perform the DXM extraction instead to save you problems. I think its also possible that the sorbitol is only in the gel cover itself and not the inside so if you take the time to squeeze the gel out of the caps you may not have a problem. Don't try chewing it out in your mouth, swim tried that once and it was disgusting.
Old 12-08-2006, 23:43
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
swim recently took 15 of the gel caps and the sorbitol had a noticable effect. a slight stomach irritation, but not anything as bad as drinking cough syrup. eating during the trip really seemed to help, even tho eating will probably be the last thing on swiy's mind while tripping.
Old 12-08-2006, 23:46
Ethnobotanical Cannibal

Male from United States
Bajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond reputeBajeda is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12 Points: 7,179, Level: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthesevenlakes
swim recently took 15 of the gel caps and the sorbitol had a noticable effect. a slight stomach irritation, but not anything as bad as drinking cough syrup. eating during the trip really seemed to help, even tho eating will probably be the last thing on swiy's mind while tripping.
Interestingly enough swim finds that the cough syrup is much easier to manage than the gel caps.
Old 13-08-2006, 00:16

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
honestly swim kinda likes the sorbital shitting, swim doesnt feel its a dxm trip unless it begins with anal purging... swim usually pops a imodium and feels fine... but the sorbital bothers his stomach for like first hour about, but the shits help if u ask swim.
Old 13-08-2006, 03:09
Iridium Member

41 y/o Male
Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.Beeker probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5 Points: 1,058, Level: 5
SWIM noticed the Robi Gel-caps are not as strong as the generic gelcaps.

Last edited by Beeker; 25-10-2006 at 08:46.
Old 13-08-2006, 15:33

Male from United States
CrystalDextro is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Swim has consumed 60 gel-caps before and only had nausea because of a large handful of pills rolling round in swims stomach swim didn't have much stomach content(food wise) but had just previously drank some Barton vodka so between sorbital and cheap vodka swim purged its just ignorance that is the underlying factor. The post came from an interest in finding out if an irritent was added(something that came into swims head swmi swear i read or heard somewhere) sorbital easily could be what swim was thinking of I guess ill just have to ask him when he comes by......
Old 13-08-2006, 20:01
Drug Geek Extraordinaire

29 y/o Female from United States
bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.bewilderment really knows their shit.
Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5 Points: 1,384, Level: 5
Yeah, swim also found that after as much of a year's worth of use with absolutely no vomiting ever she suddenly found herself prone to vomiting with all types preparations with DXM. Then about 5 months later, the symptom disappeared as mysteriously as it had came. Quite strange, that.

But, yeah, it was probably just the alcohol + sorbital and just the dxm itself will make one nauseous at times.
Old 14-08-2006, 03:25
Banned

27 y/o Male
Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.Riconoen {UGC} is heading for the Darwin Award.
Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3 Points: 358, Level: 3
swim has taken 40 robo gelcaps at once and have never gotten nuasea. Then again swim always take them on an empty stomach to speed up the effect onset so that probably has something to do with it.
Old 24-10-2006, 06:17

Male
dip is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Re: Robo Change????

Hmmm, so without the extraction, crushed pills (in a drink) would be the best choice, then either gelatin or syrup?

How would the following influence diarrhea: A) Full stomach
B) Empty stomach
C) Chugging syrup fast / eat all pills at once
D) Sipping syrup slowly / eat pills slowly

How would the following influence vomitting & nausea: A) Full stomach
B) Empty stomach
C) Chugging syrup fast / eat all pills at once
D) Sipping syrup slowly / eat pills slowly

Is there much difference in stomach & intestinal reactions between pills / syrup / gelatin (apparently additives [+] nausea?)

There seems to be a wide range of reactions from everyone..
Old 24-10-2006, 23:48

Male
jal8712 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1

swim i now has done dxm for a while has done over 150+ snurf pills and swim got up to 2500mg once and didnt even think bout puking. swim always takes his on a empty stomach because swim beleives it hits him harder and faster sometimes swim falls asleep for about 30 mins to hour after taking them and swim wakes up and its crazy waking up trippin

Post Quality Evaluations:
These are extremely high doses, potentially deadly, not in any way to be reccomended
Old 29-04-2007, 20:41

25 y/o Female
fortissimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Re: Additives to Robitussin Cough Gels? (DXM)

Swim took 20 Robitussin gelcaps last night, and didn't experience any nausea. Swim didn't take them all at once, though... she spaced them out in groups of five and swallowed each group about five minutes apart. Also, swim had some food in her stomach.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:57

26 y/o Male
Cynikal is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Overdose effects Ingesting large amounts of sorbitol can lead to abdominal pain, gas, and mild to severe diarrhea[citation needed]. Sorbitol ingestion of 20 grams/day as sugar-free gum has led to severe diarrhea leading to unintended weight loss of 24 lbs in a 114 lb woman; another patient required hospitalization after habitually consuming 30 grams/day.[10]

At least quote and cite or use your own words

Last edited by Jatelka; 13-07-2009 at 05:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2009, 23:14

12oz-mouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1

Best way to do it is leave the pills in water for like 10 or so minutes. Dump pills out on a towel or shirt and disgard bad water. Dry them, then get something sharp and poke a hole on the line that seals the two caps together (because it is very easy for that line to seperate and will seperate while holding the pill and applying pressure while trying to drill a hole elsewhere). After hole is made, squeeze it out into water or whatever. Swim himself sucks the pill to get every last drop after squeezing out the bulk. Not sure, but if the bad stuff that shouldn't be consumed is in or make up the gel-cap then this is a highly preferred method.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:32

23 y/o Male from United States
3!NSTEiN should review received reputation comments.

Swim used to just consume the Robo caps (name brand) but has noticed slight stomach discomfort but no puking, however, now he likes to empty the caps into a prett, martini glass, add strwberry flavoring and gulp down.
Old 20-04-2010, 00:43
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Necronite is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1

A friend of mine took Robos a lot (got addicted ) and now feels like puking from the gel cap, she's never puked on them before or been nauseous from them, but everytime she looks at the bottle she thinks of the taste and feels like ralphing. She barely managed to get 40 gels down over an hour, but its working out okay, the root of her addiction is gone, so she uses only occasionally (first time in a few months). Does anyone else pretty much want to puke on site of Robo gels?
Old 21-04-2010, 05:06
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
nick111 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1

Hmmm, swim hasnt thought about that. But he has taken Robo Coughgels many times and only got sick once. But it was a horrible nausea feeling and swim violently threw up about ten times all over his bathroom. He ate a shitload of spagetti before he took them though and also he took about 40 of them, which is the most he has ever taken of the gels.
Old 26-11-2011, 21:55

21 y/o Male from United States
swimswims should review received reputation comments.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1

Funny i could probably pop 4-5 bottles and not get sick but thats just me i must have a high tolerance for dxm because i can handle bottles of robo gels. but i am just one of those phsychonauts who loves trippin hard i live for it. i think nausea doest really affect me because of my good friend morning glorys. one night i ate like 30g of untreated seeds meaning they had fungicide and pesticide and anyway i didnt wash them and i ended up puking my guts out maybe about 30upchucks but thats another story and i feel as if alot of drugs dont make me nauseaus anymore. overall i think robo gels are a pretty clean trip but thats coming from a guy who use to pop tripple c's like they were skittles hah... skittles i made a pun.
-peace gl with trippin fellow Dexemers!

none of this is recommended...
Old 26-11-2011, 22:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
m000nman is a decent psychonaut.m000nman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimswims View Post
one night i ate like 30g of untreated seeds meaning they had fungicide and pesticide and anyway i didnt wash them and i ended up puking my guts out maybe about 30upchucks but thats another story
sorry, i know this doesnt much apply to the topic of the thread, but untreated means they are not treated with fungicide or pesticide or anything, so the nausea was do to alkaloids and such in the seeds themselves.

anyways, i dont think theres any irratants or deterants in the pills, but it should say on the the ingredients list if there are. some people get more nausous from gels over syrup but thats a mystery to me, the pills should be pretty clean compared to syrup, and always have been IME
Old 09-12-2011, 12:01

Male from United States
LunarSpider is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal8712 View Post
swim i now has done dxm for a while has done over 150+ snurf pills and swim got up to 2500mg once and didnt even think bout puking. swim always takes his on a empty stomach because swim beleives it hits him harder and faster sometimes swim falls asleep for about 30 mins to hour after taking them and swim wakes up and its crazy waking up trippin
This is dangerous advice, 2500 is a very high dose even for experienced users and it's not good to not eat when taking dxm pills or syrup. It may kick in harder but it is more harmful
Old 13-12-2011, 03:26

21 y/o Male from United States
swimswims should review received reputation comments.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1

[QUOTE=m000nman;1055412]sorry, i know this doesnt much apply to the topic of the thread, but untreated means they are not treated with fungicide or pesticide or anything, so the nausea was do to alkaloids and such in the seeds themselves.

oh yeah swim is sorry he meant treated. they were burpees from walmarts they were'nt organic so yeah they were treated.

Hard to understand, please proofread before posting

Share this on:

Tags
dissociative, fungicide, hallucinogen, how to induce vomiting