Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 17-06-2013, 09:53
Silver Member

Female from Canada
Nefret probably knows what they are talking about.Nefret probably knows what they are talking about.Nefret probably knows what they are talking about.Nefret probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4 Points: 751, Level: 4
Activity: 14.1% Activity: 14.1% Activity: 14.1%
Addicted to Loperamide (Imodium) and would love some support & guidance

I am addicted to Loperamide (Imodium) that I started, to make the withdrawals of Percocets more manageable. I came across a thread, not on this site, that this guy took the Lope with some other things that pushes the Lope (which is a strong opioid) over the blood brain barrior the BBB, so he could get high on it.

***Oh, I should mention that I have another thread on here, but the Title of that thread and the sits have changed, the old thread's title has become misleading now, along with the beginning posts on that thread. It was called something like "Need your input, I think I am in real trouble"*** anyway, back to the regular scheduled thread...

Well the good ol' addict in me, thought to give it a try and in not time my Lope usage got really, and so did I. I got the nods, the pinned eyes and no withdrawals anymore whatsoever. I got up to around 100mgs (50 pills of Lope) and it's been a little over a month of doing this. (yes I have gone poop almost regularly)

About 3 weeks ago, after using to get some warm euphoria, I decided that I could handle the small wd from the percs, along with the insane high amount of Lope I was using and heard that you can get wd from the Lope. So I stopped and the first day off it, had some anxiety, feeling kinda down etc but thinking it was from the Percs. The next day, OMG! I must have been in full blown withdrawal and it was the most intense case of withdrawals I had ever felt. I went into a panic attack where I would be shaking all over and my teeth we chattering. I couldn't even go out, so asked my husband to go get me some Lopes. When I told him the why i so needed the Lopes, he just stared at me like I had 10 heads! After the shock, that I am now also addicted to ANTI-DIARRHEA medication, we talked...anywhoooo that's not really here nor there..

With a starting dose of 100mg, I went down to 78mg (stayed there for a bit too long, and I did go up to my old dose on 2 seperate occasions ) so I will be making another cut of 30 % which is a cut of 12 pills, so Monday morning when I get up I will be taking 3o pills, divided in two doses.

So, I am committing to my taper. But something strange is happening......

What I find surprising is that I feel like I am in a bit of withdrawals, with sweats when I wake up...my night shirts are soaked in the morning and the anxiety at times is quite horrid. Why is that?

I was taking Grapefruit juice but I dropped that, but still taking Losec (Omeprazole) and Tonic water with my lopes so that is passes the BBB, but a few days ago, I stopped the Grapefruit juice....could it be that,.... the stopping of the Grapefruit juice that is putting me into a bit of withdrawals???

Anyway, I am looking for some guidance and support, along with being accountable with my taper...Geeeez, this drug is a hard one to get of off. I had cold turkey'd around 500mg of Oxycontin, but this is way harder and less forgiving.

Thanks for reading whats going on with me, and hope to see Homegirl-she's been so helpful and anyone else that knows about tapering Lope and the withdrawals and stuff

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz2WS1It9tc

Post Quality Evaluations:
honest and moving, best of luck
a courageous post
Old 19-06-2013, 07:51
Silver Member

Female from Canada
Nefret probably knows what they are talking about.Nefret probably knows what they are talking about.Nefret probably knows what they are talking about.Nefret probably knows what they are talking about.
Re: Addicted to Loperamide (Imodium) and would love some support & guidance

I made a mistake in my calculations of my last cut. I was taking (42 pills, which is 84 mgs, not 78mgs) sorry about that..

So anyway, it being Tuesday night for me (haven't slept yet, though the time stamp here says the 19th Wednesday, but for the sake of keeping track of days for me, it's the 18th still ) and am on my second day of this cut. So I am taking 17 Lopes in the morning, and 14 Lopes in the late afternoon which is 31 Lopes all together for the day which works out to 62mg for Tuesday and 62mg for Monday.
So I cut my dose by 22mg , this cut.

So I am pretty content to see the pills drop along with mgs. So all in all, I have gone down 38mgs

I also put back the grapefruit juice in my cocktail and I think it could be making a difference. I think that what it does, is it makes the Lopes more bioavailable, so I will keep it in. But still feeling quite a bit of anxiety, especially when I just wake up.

Homegirl: I can't seem to be able to take zero Lopes for even a day unfortunately. I also take care of a family memeber who is 91 years old, and I can't be going thru strong wd's, while caring for her. That actually why I started out taking the Lopes to being with cause I heard it takes away most of the wd's, but obviously, my plan went overboard.

So tapering is hard, I hadn't been able to taper all the way down ever, but those where Oxys and high doses of percs but this isn't them, though still difficult.

Would really like to hear from those who have been through this kind of wds, or really anyone who have tapered, or not. would like some support going thru this taper

Thanks
Old 19-06-2013, 10:54
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 271, Level: 2 Points: 271, Level: 2 Points: 271, Level: 2
Activity: 6.1% Activity: 6.1% Activity: 6.1%

I wish you all the luck I the world with your taper. I haven't ever taken loperamide outside of helping to ease some stomach cramps from hydrocodone and kratom w/d but I know how horrible that anxiety can be in these cases. It is really the worst part of it for me along with the RLS. When tapering down from kratom I just try and remember to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time and sometimes one minute at a time(when I'm having anxiety attacks). Stay strong and continue to taper because relapsing will only prolong the inevitable.

Supportive post with good advice
sometimes during w/d the thought of having a future without the drug is horrifying, one hour at a time is great advice
One minute at a time. Methadone withdrawal and Diphenhydramine also with this gal, unfortunately. I appreciate ALL my fellow addicts opening up. It helps, more than anything!
Old 19-06-2013, 21:23
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Thirdeye, thanK you so much for your reply and thanks for the reminder that if I take more than my alotted amount, I will just be prolonging this taper. I needed that reminder today. Thanks again!

Still on my taper at 62mg and having a really rough day. I can't believe I let it get this far The anxiety is up and just feel so sad and feel so alone.

Its about 4pm now and will have my second dose in a couple of hours.

Hanging in....it's tough today. But not giving in.
Old 19-06-2013, 23:49
Silver Member

Female from United States
greenilady is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%

Been reading your posts and I can feel your pain. For me anxiety is the worse feeling during withdrawal. I took loperamide when I was in withdrawals but not long term.

I noticed that you dropped your last dosage by 22 mgs. I know you want to be through with this madness but maybe reduce by a little less each time? I guess just listen to your body. I think once the body gets accustomed to any type of opiate/opioid it doesn't matter if it's oxycodone or loperamide.

Hopefully someone that has had experience with loperamide tapering will chime in.
Old 20-06-2013, 06:57
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Thanks Greenilady Anxiety is just the worst isn't it....

Wednesday, Day 3 on 62mg:
This was a really hard day. Tried to sleep most of it away. My plan before beginning this taper was to cut every 3 days, 25-30% and have been cutting every 3 days. But I think what Greenlady said is true. I should listen to my body more. And I really think that it's too early to make a cut again. So I will see on day 5 how I am...I think I should be better and be able to cut again.

Ya know, I started on the Lope train to get of off Percs. If I just stopped, or used Lope for maybe 4 days at a lower dose, I would have been done with this ....But I guess ya can't dwell on the past, I can only do what I can today.

I found some good relaxation tracts on YouTube by The Honest Guys. They have a few, and it does help a bit. But really what helps the most is speaking to another addict trying to get clean, whether its on here or in 3D. I really need help. Also waiting to get some help from the governments Addiction and Mental Health place. You can have substance abuse or a mood disorder or both. They have addiction doctors, rehab there and lots of help. I put a call in and we are playing telephone tag, but I will get help there if I have to wait a week or a year. I am so done. But just feeling 'done' doesn't make it so. This disease is cunning, powerful and baffeling. I can't do it alone and expect to never do this crazy stuff again. I need professional help, and can't wait to get it.

I hope Thursday is better, oh boy do I ever. Hope to hear from other addicts goin my way
Old 20-06-2013, 13:45
Silver Member

36 y/o Female from United States
hydrofibro is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 139, Level: 1 Points: 139, Level: 1 Points: 139, Level: 1
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%

thinking I might re-think the whole lope and kratom thing for my withdraw, I swear we cant win for losing. best of luck to ya girl. take it slow and take pride in the victories. God Bless

Wise words to go by.
Old 20-06-2013, 14:09
may cause drowsiness

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,434, Level: 7 Points: 2,434, Level: 7 Points: 2,434, Level: 7
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

First off, congrats with your taper decision. Lope is a sneaky tricky drug that a lot of people do not realize is an opiate and end up getting dependent on it.

I think there should be a warning on the label.. 'Hey, you. This shit can be habit forming, so think twice"
As far as your anxiety goes, I have some advise for you, take it as you will... There is nothing wring with going to a (your) Dr and telling them what is going on with you. then ask them about Clonadine. Clonadine is a blood pressure medicine that is prescribed to people in acute opiate withdrawal for anxiety, insomnia, Akastisia (RLS, Crawling out of skin) This drug can work wonders for this.

Also, exercise is key to get them endorphins back up. This can make you feel worlds better.

Also, here are some threads that deal with Loperamide addiction. Maybe they could be of use to you as well....

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...mide+addiction

Just a little light reading material of people who have been in your situation. Tons and tons of information here...

Good Luck. We are all rooting for you

Stay Safe
JJ

Thanks for taking the time to post all these helpful links much appreciated
Old 20-06-2013, 19:55
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Quick post. Waiting at doctors to tell her I am an addict. Really scared!!!!!
Old 20-06-2013, 23:26
Silver Member

That's great news. I think you made the right decision. I hope she/he gives you all the support you need.

Please keep us posted on how the appointment went.

Best wishes for your recovery.
Old 21-06-2013, 22:08
Silver Member

praying for you netfret. let us know.

hydrofibro added 1280 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

How are you doing darling? Let us know.

Last edited by hydrofibro; 21-06-2013 at 22:08. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-06-2013, 01:25
Silver Member

Female from Canada

I was on my husband's work lap top last night and made a semi lengthy post here, and don't know what I did but it got all erased! I was so frusterated, I just couldn't repost again yesterday.

Thanks for your support grenilady,hydrofibro and Miss_160!!

Miss 160, wow that post is amazing with all those links you put up there for me !!! I thank you and appreciate the time and effort you put in it! I Luv you!!!!! LOL. Some good info in there!

So with my heart in my mouth I told my doctor that I have become an addict. See a couple of years ago I had a different doctor and went to him for help and told him I had a problem with opioids that I was an addict. Well he humiliated me so bad, I found a new doctor and allowd him to give me Oxycontin. I vowed I would never tell another doctor again. But anyway I did so yesterday and she was very supportive and kind and thanked me for being honest etc. So it couldn't have went better and am so incredibly relieved that she knows and she won't prescribe narcotics to me anymore whew !!!!!

So glad I gathered the guts to tell her!!!!
Old 22-06-2013, 02:19
Silver Member

So glad to hear you got support from your doctor. It's really how it such be in anyone' s case. Did she give you a taper plan or some comfort medications to aid your withdrawal?

It does sound like you are less anxious which should make the withdrawal process a bit easier. Please continue to keep us updated. I will continue to check back in and offer as much support as I can.

Take care of yourself. You can definitely do this.
Old 23-06-2013, 04:44
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Well today when I woke up I was in an anxiety attack mode. Then took my 1st dose 17 Lopes fell asleep with my hubby, and when I woke up then I felt better. Just took my last dose of 14 Lopes and that's it for the day.

Tomorrow i will be making a 25% cut.

Question: Now that I am getting to the lower doses, should I just take one dose instead of 2? Maybe that would make it easier taking it all at once as it does have a longer half life.(though I seem to go into withdrawal faster than most)

Question: divide my daily dose in 2; or take the entire dose once a day?

BTW: gotta tell on myself....I took 10 extra Lopes today...my husband doles out the Lopes for me, and I got him to give me some extra....geeez this is hard...I could never taper in the past, but besides this one slip up, I've done the best tapering in my life. Gotta tell him that no matter what, to never give me extra, unless I've made a too deep taper, that's different. But still going to cut 25% of my regular dose of 62mg tomorrow. Which will be 46mg for the entire day, which will equals to 23 pills. Do I take the 23 pills in one dose, or in 2 doses. I am thinking one dose which should carry me through the day? Not sure.

Greenilady, thanks for your support, you are a dear! I only told my doctor that I have become addicted to the pain meds , and that was scary enough. I did not tell my doctor about the Lopermide addiction, she wouldn't have a clue as to what to do with me, trust me, she'd probably freak on me for being so stupid....Plus I have a pretty decent taper plan, and above all else feel what my body says.

I also have Clonidine from before, but find that it does help, but for me, it's only a bit of help. But again thanks so much greenilady

So tomorrow another cut. I also bought some Kava which helps relax me and a homeopathic called
" Aconite". If taken properly, then it can be as good as a benzo, but without the side effects or getting dependant on it. But there is no magic bullet.

So tomorrow will be a day that I could use a lot of support. Even cuts are scary...I will be sooo happy to be off this crapola!
Old 23-06-2013, 05:41
Silver Member

Honey I would split them and see if your half dose carried u thru to the middle of the day then take other half. I'm scared if u take all at once you might be sorry later in the day might last all night that way making tapering a little easier. Praying for you. You've been so helpful to me. Thanks for the info on the natural anxiety stuff.
Old 23-06-2013, 09:53
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Thanks Hydro

Can't sleep, so just been thinking about my taper. Anyone else think I should take it in two doses or take it all in one? No offense Hydro, just wanting as many opinions I can get. Since Lope has a 15 hour half life, for me it seems a bit shorter than 15, and with the full dose taken, it could get me thru the whole day. I don't know.

But I have been reading around, and ppl who have been on it and at least attempted to get off, describe the "going off" as same as Sub, or Methadone cause it is really intense and drawn out. All these drugs have a long half life. I think I should read about ppl getting off sub and meth, seems to run along the same path as Lope.

But anyway, this is the schedule I am going to work with, its all in mgs. It seems like going down every 5 days seems to work, but I'll listen to my body and when I feel comfortable, I'll go down again. I may jump off at 6mgs, and see if that works, but I'll wait and see. So Sunday when I wake up, I'll go down to 50mg

50, 35, 25, 18, 12, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.

Any input?

Last edited by Nefret; 23-06-2013 at 10:01.
Old 23-06-2013, 16:22
Silver Member

If you are use to splitting your doses my suggestion would be to continue to split your dose while tapering, but wait as long as you can to take that second dose.

It sounds like you are listening to your body which should make the tapering less painful. When you feel you are able to jump, use the clonidine for any lingering withdrawal symptoms.

With the amount of determination it sounds like you have right now, you can do this! Please keep us posted.
Old 23-06-2013, 17:07
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Insomniacsdream is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

First, thank you so much for sharing your story. Lope is often seen as a fairly safe tool to aid with cold turky/fast tapers. But clearly as a opiate it has the risk of replacing one drug with another and because of it's perceived safety it's an easy trap to fall for. Until reading this I didn't really think about it but Lope helps with so much of the physical withdrawal that it must have similar acute withdrawal.

From experience of my own if you are using the same chemical you are addicted to to taper with like you are it helps to take things slow and let you body to adjust to a reduced dose because you aren't just trying to make a cold turkey more comfortable and don't run the risk of getting addicted to Lope again. Essentially what people are saying, listen to your body. When your dose starts to get smaller you really will notice if you have gone down to quickly and you say that Lope has a long half life. You are now at around half the dose you started with aren't you? I would stay on half for five days to let yourself adjust. Methadone has a ~30 hour half life and people can take two weeks or even more when aiming at a painless taper with that so five days seems about right.

The second half is usually harder, keep active and exercise. Take health supplements. The good thing about you reducing so quickly so far is when you do hit around 25mg and slow down your taper a bit you will hopefully feel relatively comfortable. I find planning when you will jump off to add stress to the end of the withdrawal. With subutex I got to 2mg, found reducing it was just extending my pain so instead pushed myself to go 48 hours between doses for two doses before quitting. Maybe that would be something you could try at some point with the Lope, like Greenilady suggested I found it really helped.

Sorry if this comes out like an essay, I really hope it helps. I have comfortably withdrawn a few times but I have hated sobriety since 16 and find an IV heroin addiction really dies hard. Because Lope has less of a mental fixation I really wish you all the best and believe from how you write that you can beat it!

good advice, with care

Last edited by Insomniacsdream; 24-06-2013 at 08:51.
Old 23-06-2013, 23:58
Silver Member

how did the 50 go today?
cheering you on girlie, im so excited for our freedom
Old 24-06-2013, 05:35
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Sunday:
Thanks to you all for your great suggestion advice and support. And Insomniac (sp?) no, your post didn't come off as being an essay, you gave me some good advice that I will definately keep in mind. I couldn't do this without you guys....you have no idea how I appreciate all the support, it means sooo soo much!

Dropped to 50mg of Lope today, and it started off not too horrible, but as the day went on anxiety kept rising, bit by bit, then in the evening I started to feel really sad. But I am committed to get off this Lope cause i don't want to live high and Lope in not doing anything good to my body...I have been eliminating, taking stuff to help out every 2nd day so I don't have a problem with laxatives. Geeeez I'll be glad when this is all behind me!

So ya feelin sad and abit anxious, I am worrying about everything, like what's going to happen to me when I am 70 if I am around that long...just a lot of worrying, I think it's the anxiety talking, I took some clonidine.

And man, it's so hot and humid today. I live in Toronto and we get some hot summers.
Anyway, going to sleep soon and see what tomorrow brings...scared...
Old 24-06-2013, 09:02
Silver Member

I'm glad that our support helps. Don't be scared. Remember how far you have come. it's a massive achievement just to have stopped Oxy and started Lope, let alone very rapidly cutting your dose in half. I really would wait to stabilise on this dose because it sounds like it helps but your body definitely want's more. You may feel you are able to reduce but specially if you are still planning dropping all the way to 35mg that's a pretty large reduction. I would guess that today will be the worst and should start improving tomorrow.

If your hot take a shower. If you are able to go out with mates who don't use, doing something fun to kill time. I cold turkeyed off heroin twice by being on holiday. I had no supply but if I were desperate I am sure I could find some smack on the streets of Amsterdam. I didn't because I was with mates who would have been disappointed, and there was interesting stuff to do. Getting a change of scenery really seems to help the mental side of the addiction. I'm not saying go on holiday, but try doing something you really enjoy. Treat yourself, you are halfway there and although I don't know you at all I honestly believe you can kick this .
Old 24-06-2013, 14:22
Silver Member

wow my emotions are returning cuz reading this whole thread over made me ball like a baby... lol. im proud of you girl.
Old 25-06-2013, 08:11
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Again Insomniac, sorry if I am spelling your name wrong, no disrespects my any means!!!!!!!!!!!
Had an emotional day today and your reply gave me strength, like knowing that today Monday, should be the worst and tomorrow, Tuesday, should be better. Your knowledge is so wonderful and appreciate you passing some on to me Felt bad, good, lonely, bad, anxiety then good or something like that. Ya 50mg is half, YAAAAYYYYYY If you do have the time, I do love to read your posts, I always learn something, plus I feel compasion come toward you, and that is so very much appreciated and so very helpful !! Thank you for the time and energy you put in writing me a reply.

And Hydro wrote you a couple of times and glad you are my faithful friend, and hope to continue walking down the road with you towards recovery. I am glad my thread had moved you. We can do this my friend. One day at a time.

Don't have the energy to write more, and let's see what tomorrows brings with me still on 50mgs for the 3rd day. Ya know what's unusual....Oxycontin scares the livin heck outta me. Seriously! Scares me silly when I think about takin them again, and all the agony it brought to my life. No lie...scares me like nothing else! Now that is a good thing! A complete opposite to craving...and its scared me for a little while now....
Old 25-06-2013, 12:23
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
Don't have the energy to write more, and let's see what tomorrows brings with me still on 50mgs for the 3rd day. Ya know what's unusual....Oxycontin scares the livin heck outta me. Seriously! Scares me silly when I think about takin them again, and all the agony it brought to my life. No lie...scares me like nothing else! Now that is a good thing! A complete opposite to craving...and its scared me for a little while now....
Your spelling it how I do lol, I am not totally sure I spelt it right in the first place though. I have come off benzos a few times and various different opiates. I tend to come back to IV speedballs (crack+heroin) because I didn't really want to quit. It has now started damaging my bank account now though so I have slowed down and am preparing myself for quitting. You already have essentially quit, you don't get the buzz or euphoria just relief of your withdrawal so when you do completely come off the Loperamide there shouldn't be the same urge to use again. This is why I believe you can quit for good.

Just so you know my situation, I have gone from 40mg valium and 1 gram of crack and heroin per day to no valium and a .3 of crack and heroin. I aim to reduce to .2 of heroin then switch to a very rapid suboxone detox (7 days). I have found in the past that if I take a comfortable dose of suboxone (16mg reducing down to 8mg) then after the 7th day there is only minimal physical addiction which is very manageable. I feel mentally in the right place to stay off this time.

Keep us updated with your plans and take it easy .
Old 26-06-2013, 07:40
Silver Member

Female from Canada

Insomniac, thanks for sharing a bit of your story. Sounds like you have been through a lot, but really have gained wisdom from it!

I am on doctor prescribed benzos, but they have pooped out, as I didn't want the doc to raise my dose. Down the line, after all this stuff I am dealing with now, I intend to taper the benzos. I am dependant on it, as if I don't take them, then I go into horrid withdrawals, and you can't just stop taking them, it could be dangerous doing it that way. Addicted, no, as I don't want to take more than what is prescribed, and sometimes forget to take one of them. The only time I would take an extra, is if I am having a panic attack, cause that helps a lot, but having one of those attacks don't happend often, it happened when I jumped from 500mg of Oxy almost everyday, and to me it was well worth taking 1 extra benzo. But for now I don't want to talk Benzos, just self disclosing. That day will come.

Woke up this morning with major anxiety, like when I opened my eyes...it was horrible (but didn't take an extra benzo It hate that when I wake up and I just wanna jump out of my skin....Geeeeez...

The rest of the day was a low anxiety level. Going to go to bed soon and hopefully when I wake up, I will feel better than I did this morning...Bring on Wednesday But please be nice to me !!!!!!! LOL

Share this on:

Tags
loperamide, loperamide addiction, loperamide for opiate withdrawal, opiate abuse, opiate addiction

» New Threads
Should i come off suboxone?
Last post by figgy
4 Replies, 74 Views
Tramadol use after prescribed for...
Last post by detoxin momma
2 Replies, 21 Views
Hallucinations on MDMA comedown?
Last post by Jozi Gold
8 Replies, 280 Views
Stopped for 6 days now
Last post by M0RPH3US