Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 27-05-2013, 21:28
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.seaturtle must live here.
Points: 1,373, Level: 5 Points: 1,373, Level: 5 Points: 1,373, Level: 5
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%
Kratom and Poppy Seed Tea (Opium) combination

I've been addicted to Kratom and Poppy Seed Tea for awhile now. Poppy Seed Tea is essentially Opium since apparently some Opium latex gets onto the seeds, and when you make tea this is what you're extracting.

Both Kratom and Poppy Seed Tea are powerful and long lasting, so I rarely take them at the same time. I usually take 5-8 grams of Kratom when I'm looking to get fairly Opiated, and this provides a buzz that lasts 4-12 hours depending on what activities occur during the high. If I exercise the high will be alot shorter, if I go to sleep I can wake up still high 12 hours after dosing. I exercise often on Kratom and love it, I recommend to be very aware of your movements and careful if you try it though. I would not run outside or weight lift opiated, I stick to cardio machines.

I usually drink 100-150 grams of Poppy Seed Tea to get nicely Opiated, there's alot more of a rush than with Kratom which starts around 30 minutes after drinking and lasts for about an hour. The rush is just as good as a Cocaine rush, except it lasts alot longer and the high is way more pleasant. The high lasts 3-7 hours depending on dose and if I'm exercising (rarely on Poppy Seed Tea) or sleeping. I almost always get decent nods with Poppy Seed Tea, the closed eye visuals can be spectacular at times, and on high doses they spill into the open eyed world.

When taken alone Kratom can give me nods, but it's usually not that remarkable if there's no Poppy Seed Tea in my system. If I eat Kratom within 12 hours of drinking Poppy Seed Tea the Kratom ends up feeling 2-3 X stronger, and I'll get intense nods. For example, I'll be sitting in my chair daydreaming to the point that I actually believe I'm in different places and doing various things, even though I haven't moved. It's very surreal and alot of fun, and at that point there's quite a body buzz. These Kratom nods are different than Poppy Seed Tea though, more wild if that makes sense. Kind've like how trips on Psilocybin mushrooms feel more wild and primitive than LSD, which is high resolution and clear cut.

Here's a little chart of how much Kratom and Poppy Seed Tea I take to get fairly opiated depending on how far apart I'm dosing the Kratom and Poppy Seed Tea. For example if I've taken Kratom within 6 hours then I would take 75-125 grams of Poppy Seed Tea and get pretty high, if I took Poppy Seed Tea within 12 hours and then took 6-8 grams of Kratom I'd get pretty high, etc. Remember I have somewhat of an Opiate tolerance, though I've never raised my dosages.

24+ hours apart - 7-10 grams of Kratom, 125-200 grams of Poppy Seed Tea
Within 12 hours - 6-8 grams of Kratom, 100-150 grams of Poppy Seed Tea
Within 6 hours - 4-6 grams of Kratom, 75-125 grams of Poppy Seed Tea
Within 3 hours/the same time - 3-5 grams of Kratom, 50-100 grams of Poppy Seed Tea

This sort of thinking has been very useful to me since it helps avoid overdoses, which would easily happen if I took Kratom and then a normal dose of Poppy Seed Tea sometime within the next day.

Kratom tends to last longer than Poppy Seed Tea, so I find it's better to take Kratom before Poppy Seed Tea if you're gonna do them in the same day. Also Kratom gives you alot of stimulation to get stuff done, something Poppy Seed Tea lacks for the most part, so it makes more sense to eat Kratom earlier in the day rather than when you're trying to sleep.

Never re-dose until the first dose that you have taken has peaked, which takes 2-3 hours for Kratom and 1.5-2.5 hours for Poppy Seed Tea. Oftentimes a dose of Kratom or Poppy Seed Tea can hit you harder than expected, especially since these are from plants and there's lots of variation, so it's better to be safe than sorry. I've never overdosed thankfully.

Also the more you space out doses the less negative effects there are, such as constipation, being extremely tired/unmotivated, withdrawals in general, not being able to pee, vomiting (from overdosing a little), etc. With common sense and the right dosing schedule Kratom and Poppy Seed Tea can have you feeling amazing all day, with neglect and irresponsibility they can make you sicker than a dog.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Considering part of DF's purpose is to promote harm reduction, there isn't nearly enough in here to express the potential dangers of mixing opioids. People have died from combining (arguably) far less than you describe, including former users of DF.
I am sure many people will find the information here helpful. Thank you
This is great info for people still gathering information. The doses are low and the addition of kratom adds a safety to the instructions, given kratom's relative safety.

Last edited by seaturtle; 27-05-2013 at 21:42.
Old 29-05-2013, 19:51
vervain vervain is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Earth
vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.vervain probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 741, Level: 4 Points: 741, Level: 4 Points: 741, Level: 4
Activity: 16.8% Activity: 16.8% Activity: 16.8%
Re: Kratom and Poppy Seed Tea (Opium) combination

Nice detailed descriptions, thanks for sharing.

One thing this drives home to me is how much variation there is in individual effects and durations. If I recall from an earlier post or two, we both have around the same period of use & to some extent similar patterns.

Yet for me, Kratom has a far shorter duration than PST. In fact, that's one of my complaints about it - I get probably 1.5 hours of decent effects from a reasonable dose of good kratom (say your 5-8g), maybe after that it's slightly above baseline but I'd really have to sit & think about it. And due to my wariness around re-dosing that's pretty much it for the day. Combined with the IMO unpleasant taste and kratom has primarily been something to use when cutting back on PST, I rarely have the desire to do it otherwise.

By contrast, PST has historically given me 6-8 good hours and occasionally the rush will seem to come on strongest several hours into the high. If taken later in the evening I'd wake up the next morning still feeling pretty damn good, headache aside. However, I have noticed as tolerance has built (even with a month long break, it came back quickly) the duration's really decreased. In fact (and this is anecdotal, so take with a grain of salt) I'd say duration per dose has gone down much faster than the peak pleasurable effects have. This I think is one of the common slippery slopes, as the temptation to re-dose is strong when you've only been high half the time expected.

So yeah - aside from sharing my own experiences the moral of my story is: YMMV. I am quite curious about your 4-12 hour kratom experiences, I've tried multiple strains from reputable vendors and just never have approached that...
Old 31-05-2013, 23:17
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 730, Level: 4 Points: 730, Level: 4 Points: 730, Level: 4
Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2% Activity: 8.2%

Hey vervain,

I have the same problem with opiates. The more I use them, its not so much that I get decreased effects as much as I find the length of effect to rapidly decrease. It can happen for me with as little as two days in a row usage.

As for kratom, a lot of people find that they don't get very long effects from it. Strains like Red Vein Sumatran and Green Malay purportedly last longer than most strains. I like Green Malay best out of those two.

You should also check out this Kratom Potentiation thread. It has good information about how to increase the effects of kratom, as well as a report I did yesterday on increasing length of effect with cimetidine.
Old 09-06-2013, 17:44

Male from Canada
Arahant is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hi, I'v been using poppy seed tea for many years, probably 5+ or so. When i use poppy seeds i take about 3kg's of seed and wash it 3 times. I use the first wash the first day, and i mix the second and third wash together, drink half the second day and other half the third day. This way i get high on the first day and i just maintain on second/third day. Been doing this for years.

Anyways i find when i use kratom, for whatever reason, it forces the normal opiates out of my system. And in general they don't play to nice, i do get the effect from the kratom and it sometimes synergizes but only for about an hour-hour and a half. Once its over i start to feel withdrawal effects that i normaly dont feel untill 24 hours from my last poppy seed dose.

I don't think its the same for everyone, but this is what happens for me, and as such i only use Kratom for when i either run out of poppy seed or i decide to quite using opiates, in which case i use kratom for 4-10 days and then quite that.
Old 11-10-2013, 15:42

Male from United States
Krat0mDrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

These two are my DOCs. But I don't see how you get by on such a low dose of PST. Anything short of 16ozs does not have an impact. I also have had issues with trying to Kratify™ with OPs in my system. But that doesn't seem to be an issue today...

Regarding the user who processed it fast and worried about redosing Kratom, it can be safe and productive. With PST or Kratom, redosing at half the original dose is a safe bet (know yourself and your body before attempting with PST!!!). If you process kratom that fast you may want to try a different method of ingestion. Each means of getting kratom into your system has different results.

For example, I struggled making teas for awhile. Either I would use too little, resulting in an hour tops of effects, or too much, resulting in benzo like spins. My goal with tea was to avoid ingesting raw plant material as the texture was hard for me to choke down 8-12 grams. The strongest effects I have generally experienced have been from choking down 8-12 grams in an orange juice / vodka extraction. But that is really, really hard to drink. Though I never tried straining it... Then I switched to caps for awhile but I couldn't consistently hit the plain I wanted with them. I have found self filling tea bags with 4 grams of a specialty Maeng Da works great. Of course, soon it will be 8 grams as I just jumped back on the Kratom train.

Final note, if you notice the effects of kratom waining on you, try a different strain. If that doesn't work order the stems and twigs powder. That, allegedly, has a unique alkaloid profile that will "reset" your tolerance after a few days. If PST is waining, unfortunately, the only real way to get back to zero is to set it aside for a few weeks. Happy travels everyone! Glad to see peeps keeping it non-synthesized.
Old 12-03-2014, 23:16

35 y/o Female from United States
blessingorcurse should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Where do you get the poppy seeds to make the poppy tea???
Old 12-03-2014, 23:49
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,482, Level: 19 Points: 18,482, Level: 19 Points: 18,482, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

blessingorcurse: They can be bought in the grocery store. I've found Bob's Red Mill brand to be the best available. Not all seeds are potent and it might take some effort to track down good ones.

Please keep in mind we do not discuss sources of anything that isn't legally available world-wide. If you can't find something in your grocery store, we can't tell you where to look.

Share this on:

Tags
combination, kratom, opium, poppy tea