Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-05-2013, 16:06
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from Canada
Lunaciel is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 223, Level: 2 Points: 223, Level: 2 Points: 223, Level: 2
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Is it safe to plug Oxycodone (Percocet 5/325) often?

Very first post here, after reading extensively on plugging opiates on this site. I'm still left wondering about any long-term damage from plugging...in regards to physical responses, issues w rectum or whether one would find the ROA led to a higher tolerance more quickly? Will the acetaminophen/paracetamol be a problem?

My friend read up & plugged 2x5mg oxy with great results the first time & 2.5x5mg the second time didnt seem to have the same kick. my friend has a fairly high tolerance, they are up to 15 Percocet a day (& avoid OxyContin generally & don't want to make the jump) & can't afford to carry on...need to lower their daily dosage.
In anyone's opinion...Is plugging a good way to still get buzzed & hopefully lower daily intake. Are there any major worries to consider?

Hoping that anyone will share any stories they may have heard regarding plugging Percocet (or like) specifically. Thanks!
Old 27-05-2013, 16:11
Space Numpty Space Numpty is nu online
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline Medline
Points: 5,782, Level: 11 Points: 5,782, Level: 11 Points: 5,782, Level: 11
Activity: 29.9% Activity: 29.9% Activity: 29.9%
Re: Is it safe to plug Oxycodone (Percocet 5/325) often?

Whats the point in plugging Oxycodone? It has a great oral bioavailability. Just eat them.

Also read up on "CWE" or cold water extraction.

Basically if you crush up the pills, mix with a little water and filter you remove the APAP. It depends on how much APAP (number of pills) you are taking of course, and it doesnt sound like you're taking many. But if you where and there where high levels of APAP involved then a CWE is vital.
Old 27-05-2013, 16:15
Silver Member

The point of plugging is economy & better results with bioavailability. 2 plugged was comparable to 4 orally...with 5 orally being the preferred amount buzz wise, 4 not doing it for my friend.
Old 27-05-2013, 16:21
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline MedlineSpace Numpty must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaciel View Post
The point of plugging is economy & better results with bioavailability. 2 plugged was comparable to 4 orally...with 5 orally being the preferred amount buzz wise, 4 not doing it for my friend.
As i said, plugging Oxycodone will not give a notably higher bioavailability than taking it orally. Maybe your just getting a extra buzz out of sticking things up your ass?
Old 27-05-2013, 16:42
Silver Member

Mmmm...not so much. My friend didn't really dig that part of it to be honest, but the telling fact that 10mg oxycodone was effective when orally it would have done very little at all led to this post. Further to that, most others do say (here in DF...from my readings) that one can administer less mg's plugging than orally taken or the same effects....and my friend's limited experience would confirm that.

Besides the fun of it was after that thing was away from their butt, not whilst
Old 27-05-2013, 17:04
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England

lol, i was just joking with you. Well....it may have led to a conversation about ass-play but that would be off topic

Just telling you scientifically that taking Oxycodone rectally will not give a better bioavailability than oral administration. It WILL however most likely be absorbed quicker perhaps giving a stronger initial buzz.

Just so you know im not lying or an idiot;

Quote:
The bioavailability of oral administration of oxycodone averages 60–87%, with rectal administration yielding the same results
source - Wikipedia
Old 28-05-2013, 01:00
Silver Member

Fair enough

That was likely the case the first time round then (stronger, faster I mean) ....so, is it safe?? If only plugging 2-4 5mgs is CWE necessary? (especially if my friend has taken approx 4-10 5mgs orally throughout the day)??

My friend really needs to sort out a plan to get through the days. Cause $50-100/day can't carry on much longer /
Old 28-05-2013, 13:28
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaciel View Post
Fair enough

That was likely the case the first time round then (stronger, faster I mean) ....so, is it safe?? If only plugging 2-4 5mgs is CWE necessary? (especially if my friend has taken approx 4-10 5mgs orally throughout the day)??

My friend really needs to sort out a plan to get through the days. Cause $50-100/day can't carry on much longer /
I really would think about CWE on the oral doses....its a lot of APAP starting to add up....honestly its a 5 minute process and your liver will thank you for it.

In the spirit of harm reduction i would also recommend CWE on the rectal dose, especially if its 4 tablets....2 is less of a concern.

And if you want to talk about your addiction, feel free to dm me ok? I'm a recovery coach and work in the drug and alcohol addiction field.

Post Quality Evaluations:
For repeated posts helping out a newbie
Old 28-05-2013, 16:30
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%

Numpty has pretty much said it all but I would like to chime in about the practicality/economy of plugging oxycodone. Yes, oxycodone has a very high oral bioavailability and most of the time I recommend people just eat it. However, because oxycodone taken per rectum only takes about 1/3-1/2 of the time to kick in as it does by mouth and has a comparable BA, IME I find the amount needed is usually less than what is needed by mouth. I've heard people say this of snorting-- that they can snort a lot less because it kicks in quicker-- however I've never found this to be the case, personally, since the intranasal BA of oxycodone is only 50-60%.

However, I digress. As someone who frequently plugs oxy I can say that from everything I've experienced plugging can be a more economical way to consume it. Like most things of this nature, I'm sure it varies by person. There really isn't enough evidence to suggest whether or not what I experience is the norm, but obviously it's enough to say with certainty that it is possible for plugging to work at least as well, if not better than oral use for certain people. Probably not all, though. Anyone wishing to try this route would simply have to carefully experiment to see if indeed it works better (or even as well) and what their proper dose is.

I would not start with anymore than 1/3 of your oral dose the first time you plug, I'm serious.
This is specifically with oxycodone. A conservative estimate, perhaps, but I usually only need 2/3rds of an oral dose when plugging.

Don't bother plugging any APAP unless you need it for pain. If this is for recreation, do a CWE every time-- simple as that. No sense in being lazy about it. Even if these are for pain, I would still do a CWE as you're unlikely to get 100% of the APAP out of the solution regardless, so you'd still get some.

Lastly, even if you find that plugging works better for you I would advise against doing it too frequently. I would of course advise against taking any opiate daily via any ROA unless they're a pain prescription, period, but if you are a daily opiate user then be sure to rotate between plugging and oral use. Plugging too frequently a) is hard on your insides and b) will make it much harder to get the same effect by mouth, because you become used to it working in half the time. Even if the plugging is good for you, I would definitely not make it your normal ROA, especially since you really do have another good option with oxy (i.e. just eating it).

Excellent post from experience and good harm reduction on the APAP.
Invaluable information! Thanks

Last edited by baZING; 29-05-2013 at 19:38.
Old 28-05-2013, 22:46
Silver Member

Thank you both for all the information! It's greatly appreciated. I'll pass it along...

please use the rep system to give thanks, real love comes with stars

Share this on:

Tags
harm reduction, oxycodone, plugging