Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 23-05-2013, 14:55

Male from England
2hung needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Ritalin and vyvanse together

Took 60mg vyvanse this morning and low and behold after nearly a week of popping pills the dose has caught up with me and I'm sitting in class about to pass out cos I'm so tired (got to bed late last night) yesterday I threw a 60 down me and I only was up for around an hour before i crashed! Here's the thing I have 36mg concerta in my pocket and have never taken it before, I have a few exams today one which I just passed (with an 89 ) and want to know will there be a cross tolerance there or will it wake me the fuck up like i need? Going to take the weekend off the amps and start over Monday but for today I need to be awake!

Any help would be great
Old 23-05-2013, 15:15
Titanium Member

19 y/o Male from United States
AlteredEnthusiasm is on the way upAlteredEnthusiasm is on the way upAlteredEnthusiasm is on the way up
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%
Re: Ritalin and vyvanse together

The concerta may wake you up a bit, but without sleep no stimulant is going to work as well as you probably hope it will. I would recommend trying to tough it out and then getting some chemical free sleep after school, but if you can't make it through without a "pick me up" then you might want to try holding the concerta under your tongue until the coating is gone (absorbed into your body sublingually) and then if your teeth can bear it, chewing the inside of the Concerta. If you take it normally, you probably won't feel much of anything.

Concerta (methylphenidate in a more complex extended release capsule) may not work very well after the vyvanse though, because it works by inhibiting the reuptake of dopamine and norepinephrine (and to a lesser extent serotonin) and the vyvanse + lack of sleep has probably reduced how much dopamine is being produced in your brain, so the methylphenidate will have less of an effect than usual.

Good luck on your exams and try to get some sleep.
Old 23-05-2013, 15:34

Male from England

I actually am sleeping at night, just had a few beers last night and was up early this morning, thanks for the info mate much appreciated

2hung added 13 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Spoke too soon, vyvanse has kicked in, may take the concerta a bit later to wake me up

Last edited by 2hung; 23-05-2013 at 15:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-05-2013, 15:37
Titanium Member

19 y/o Male from United States
AlteredEnthusiasm is on the way upAlteredEnthusiasm is on the way upAlteredEnthusiasm is on the way up
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3
Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7% Activity: 3.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hung View Post
Spoke too soon, vyvanse has kicked in, may take the concerta a bit later to wake me up
That tends to happen. Vyvanse takes a little while to kick in since the dextroamphetamine has to be cleaved off of the lysine.
Old 23-05-2013, 15:51

Male from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteredEnthusiasm View Post
That tends to happen. Vyvanse takes a little while to kick in since the dextroamphetamine has to be cleaved off of the lysine.
Seems to be very inconsistent in how long it takes to kick in, usually I take it on an empty stomach cos I find it kicks in a bit quicker!

Share this on: