Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Dissociatives > DXM
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 21-05-2013, 15:56
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

20 y/o Male from United States
PurpleBlunts should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Coricidin Horror Stories

Anyone have any stories of adverse reactions from people abusing Coricidin? I only blacked out and puked up foam on my friends floor and thought I was going to die. And this one girl I knew cut her arms open length wise with a razor and said how now one loved her and how no one would care if she died. And she sat in a bath tub bleeding everywhere and her mom came and said that if she wanted to die, that was her choice. Fortunately, she didn't. But those apartments still give me bade vibes to this day. I also have friends that blacked out and broke into a store and stole a bunch of cartons of cigarettes. They gave me my own pack, tho. And no one ever got caught. But I'd like to read any stories you have about negative reactions to triple c's.
Old 21-05-2013, 21:53

Male from United States
SecondClass is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%
Re: Coricidin Horror Stories

I've used them before, and it felt the same as syrup form. I've never had any blatantly negative reactions like that. I do know that they're bad for your health, though, so I'll just stick with Robitussin whenever I use it.
Old 21-05-2013, 22:06
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Semi-Subliminal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

It's not the dextromethorphan that causes adverse reactions in large quantities, it is the chlorpheniramine that has a horrible affect on some people. When taking chlorpheniramine in doses that high it can literally kill you, especially if you're taking CCC's multiple times over a course of a few days because it will build up in your system.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good catch about the chlorpheniramine is CCC causing adverse effects as well
I have to second that about the antihistamine that is quite dangerous contained in triple C's
Old 22-05-2013, 03:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Subliminal View Post
It's not the dextromethorphan that causes adverse reactions in large quantities, it is the chlorpheniramine that has a horrible affect on some people. When taking chlorpheniramine in doses that high it can literally kill you, especially if you're taking CCC's multiple times over a course of a few days because it will build up in your system.
It amazes me how people can take such high doses of that shit. I have a friend that would take 32+ at a time. I have another friend who would take 74 or even more in less than a day. And I know people that have taken 30, or even 40 at a time. My one friend knew a girl who was about 5 foot and 100 lbs and took 42 and thought she was on the verge of dying, and saw a white light and felt like she was dying.
Old 22-05-2013, 04:57

Male from United States
SecondClass is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleBlunts View Post
It amazes me how people can take such high doses of that shit. I have a friend that would take 32+ at a time. I have another friend who would take 74 or even more in less than a day. And I know people that have taken 30, or even 40 at a time. My one friend knew a girl who was about 5 foot and 100 lbs and took 42 and thought she was on the verge of dying, and saw a white light and felt like she was dying.
Jesus! And I thought that I was going overboard when I took 16...
Old 22-05-2013, 05:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondClass View Post
Jesus! And I thought that I was going overboard when I took 16...
People on this forum are so sensitive. Someone will flip the fuck out when someone takes 8. And I'm just like... I have friends that have taken 20-42 at a single time. All at once. That's a lot of pills to swallow. Yeah it's dangerous, unhealthy and really bad. But it's not AS bad as people tend to think it is. People's bodies are a lot more resilient than people think and will go to crazy lengths to survive. People on here seem to think of things in black and white and not see the grey in between. But everyone's body reacts differently. I thought I was going to die when I took 12 the first time I robotripped. God, that sucked.

your attack on your quoted message and people on this forum was uncalled for. taking 40+ CCC pills is "that" bad and it is dangerous to say otherwise. This is a harm reduction forum!
flaming is uncalled for
Old 22-05-2013, 20:06
Silver Member

Male from Earth
nilagm is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Why use cccs when you can just as easily get syrup without toxic additives?
If you don't like chugging, you can extract from a poli containing syrup and stuff it in capsules.

words of reason
Old 22-05-2013, 20:14
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 861, Level: 4 Points: 861, Level: 4 Points: 861, Level: 4
Activity: 39.9% Activity: 39.9% Activity: 39.9%

Coricidin CCC lowers your blood pressure to dangerous levels. People get weird and then pass out. Warning: Do not use CCC. this has been discussed before

good warning about the dangers of CCC
Old 23-05-2013, 00:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilagm View Post
Why use cccs when you can just as easily get syrup without toxic additives?
If you don't like chugging, you can extract from a poli containing syrup and stuff it in capsules.
Because most people steal the shit and robogels aren't as easy to steal. And skittles are twice as potent as gels, and the CPM potentiates the dex. You can also extract the CPM out of the trips and just have the DXM and fillers as a powder and parachute it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Fiend View Post
Coricidin CCC lowers your blood pressure to dangerous levels. People get weird and then pass out. Warning: Do not use CCC. this has been discussed before
We know this. I'm not encouraging or telling people to use them. And I stated that they are dangerous and toxic, but not as much as people think. Not saying that they're harmless.
Old 30-05-2013, 02:53

19 y/o Male from United States
joey3tearz should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Oh man my friend tried these . He didn't die but the experience was terrible. 1 hour after dosing he began to vomit uncontrollably. Then 40 mins later he had an experience almost like urinating out of his rectum. Not to be disgusting but it was a severe case of anal leakage. Long story short deffinately not worth it.

joey3tearz added 5 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

If anyone is still considering using coricidin visualize going to the hospital and wearing that damn gown with leaking bowels... Not fun

great personal experience warning, thanks for posting this

Last edited by joey3tearz; 30-05-2013 at 02:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-05-2013, 03:15
Silver Member

Male from United States
tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.

Coricidin is the worst way to dose dxm, but I cannot say that I have not tried it. Only a few times have I just dosed up with coricidin alone, with 16 being the most I've taken at once. I have to say that compared to just taking robitussin coricidin feels nasty and unstable. I felt like I was taking a huge chance each of those few times I dosed with coricidin. Using dxm only sources is the only way to go if you want to sustain a long habit. That's just my opinion though.
Old 30-05-2013, 07:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Quote:
People on this forum are so sensitive. Someone will flip the fuck out when someone takes 8. And I'm just like... I have friends that have taken 20-42 at a single time. All at once. That's a lot of pills to swallow. Yeah it's dangerous, unhealthy and really bad. But it's not AS bad as people tend to think it is. People's bodies are a lot more resilient than people think and will go to crazy lengths to survive. People on here seem to think of things in black and white and not see the grey in between. But everyone's body reacts differently. I thought I was going to die when I took 12 the first time I robotripped. God, that sucked.
People on the forum are sensitive because this a harm-reduction forum.
The goal of harm-reduction is to avoid making people roll the metaphorical dice of death.
Even though in your perspective they might not be as bad as people make it seem, they really are.

Good reminder.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
xMeTaL HeAdx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 446, Level: 3 Points: 446, Level: 3 Points: 446, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Coricidin seriously makes me feel invulnerable when I take 12+. I've heard PCP can have a similar effect on people. I literally have no social inhibitions and my fear for anything I want to do completely vanishes. I feel like I can beat anyone's ass, get any girl I want, etc. I've even felt like if I jumped off a balcony I would fly. Luckily I didn't try that last one lmao
Old 01-06-2013, 05:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMeTaL HeAdx View Post
Coricidin seriously makes me feel invulnerable when I take 12+. I've heard PCP can have a similar effect on people. I literally have no social inhibitions and my fear for anything I want to do completely vanishes. I feel like I can beat anyone's ass, get any girl I want, etc. I've even felt like if I jumped off a balcony I would fly. Luckily I didn't try that last one lmao
Yeah. I seriously think that the addition of the anti histamine changes the high a bit. CCC's are kind of a weird high. The anti cholinergic effects add a certain effect.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:58

31 y/o Male from Canada
Brendan13 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I was Literally Infinitely Enlightened on a Box of Coricidin!

Satori Enlightenment was put to Shame in Comparison. I show no Horror Stories; Even on 2 Full Boxes!!!

I am a Wonder: Easy does it Johnson!

try to keep harm reduction in mind when giving an unsupported opinion
unreadable gibberish. Please expand your posts to justify your statements
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

@Brendan13
Consider yourself lucky to still be alive, two boxes is a life-endangering dose.
You never know when your "luck" may be cut short. :\
Old 22-06-2013, 21:47
rehab reject glue sniffer

28 y/o Male from United States
zedletter is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

Back when I used to do DXM I used triple c's, never had any real bad side effects, but once when I took 2 boxes my blood pressure was dangerously high and I almost died.
Old 22-06-2013, 22:41
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
[ÚS]Infinite is on the way up[ÚS]Infinite is on the way up[ÚS]Infinite is on the way up[ÚS]Infinite is on the way up
Points: 384, Level: 3 Points: 384, Level: 3 Points: 384, Level: 3
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

I can recall a single time that Coricidin was used in my youth. A friend and I had intended to embark on a new psychedelic journey and some how decided upon DXM in the form of Coricidin as we had not known of the chlorpheniramine maleate they contained and the side-effects it induced. We took it slow and decided not to ingest the large amounts that had been suggested online, I only swallowed 4 and my friend swallowed 6. Despite what may be comparably miniscule doses to others, we both suffered devastating side-effects as a result.

The night of the trip for me was not so bad, and was in fact slightly enjoyable. My friend however was feeling very sick pretty early in the night and decided he would return home and hopefully sleep it off. As the effects began to recede that night, I departed from my sitter and returned home to sleep. Everything seemed normal enough thus far.

The next morning I awoke feeling groggy, toxic (nausea, aching, headache, dizzy, drained) and compared to other drugs I had tried, I had never experienced such a heavy physical hangover. I got to the bathroom and noticed my pupils were still slightly dilated, and I had a hard time keeping my jaw from trembling (similar to what one does when cold, however I did not have any cold stimulus to generate this response). My friend called me and told me he was still suffering heavily from the night before and I invited him over to keep him from suffering alone.

After smoking some bowls of cannabis, we found the negative physical symptoms would become replaced by something slightly enjoyable, and the only troubling thing was the jaw trembling. I believe the entire experience was almost three days, with the first 12 hours being a strong 'psychedelic' experience, with the remaining 48 hours being a slow diminishing of troubling physical symptoms with some mild 'psychedelia' brought on by cannabis. I say 'psychedelic' as I would describe it more as dissociative and delusional, things I have never experienced with any psychedelic.
Old 24-06-2013, 16:51

21 y/o Male from United States
dexxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

Why any of you would actually take CCC's is beyond me. With so many other options with purely dxm that will unlikely even make you throw up like liquid gels it's just a stupid decision.
Old 24-06-2013, 17:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.tidruid is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexxy View Post
Why any of you would actually take CCC's is beyond me. With so many other options with purely dxm that will unlikely even make you throw up like liquid gels it's just a stupid decision.
The reason why I tried CCC those few times was when I was feeling desperate and there was no other dxm products available to me.
Old 28-06-2013, 05:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexxy View Post
Because the anti-cholinergic effects from the anti-histamine give the trip a bit of a different edge. And where I'm from, taking CCC's is looked at different from robotripping. Like, no one knows that it's DXM. In fact, I had a friend who took 72 CCC's in a day tell me that you're not supposed to take over the recommend dose of Delsym. And another friend who took CCC's tell me how I was stupid from drinking Robitussin.
Old 28-06-2013, 10:27
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Because the anti-cholinergic effects from the anti-histamine give the trip a bit of a different edge. And where I'm from, taking CCC's is looked at different from robotripping. Like, no one knows that it's DXM. In fact, I had a friend who took 72 CCC's in a day tell me that you're not supposed to take over the recommend dose of Delsym. And another friend who took CCC's tell me how I was stupid from drinking Robitussin.
That's funny because you are being the smart one and your friends are ignorant as Hell. Do you live in a small town or large urban environment?
Old 28-06-2013, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidruid View Post
That's funny because you are being the smart one and your friends are ignorant as Hell. Do you live in a small town or large urban environment?
I live in a medium sized urban city 25 miles north of Seattle. The only people who know about actual robotripping are the ones who are all 25/30 +. All my friends who are like, 18-21 only know about CCC's, and think it's an actual drug, not DXM.
Old 29-06-2013, 03:58

ufotofu is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

i took 8 CCC's last night for my first DXM trip... normally i research the hell out of them but it was more of a spur of the moment thing. like i said i took 8 and for the first hour i felt virtually nothing other than slight hypersensitivity to touch, similar to ecstasy, and double vision. i ended up passing out and waking up 30 minutes later to severe ataxia, limbic seizures, cold and hot flashes, nystagmus (shaking eyes) and nausea. i forgot to mention vomiting.. i only did it once but it was heavy
i then took my friend home around 2 pm after sleeping for a couple hours... after i came back i took a shower and set my alarm so i could get ready for work. i slept thru the alarm and was woken up by my brother saying im late for work. ended up being 20 minutes late and really weak from sleeping all day and not eating.

i had an ok time up until this point... holy fuck ... imagine if you will .1g mdma, 3.5g shroom, .1g of meth, 1 gram of really dank weed. i highly recommend against doing CCC's or dxm in general...
almost 24 hours after ingestion of triple c's, slight ataxia upset stomach and headache. overwhelming tiredness.

overall it was absolutely intriguing but never again.
Old 29-06-2013, 04:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufotofu View Post
i took 8 CCC's last night for my first DXM trip... normally i research the hell out of them but it was more of a spur of the moment thing. like i said i took 8 and for the first hour i felt virtually nothing other than slight hypersensitivity to touch, similar to ecstasy, and double vision. i ended up passing out and waking up 30 minutes later to severe ataxia, limbic seizures, cold and hot flashes, nystagmus (shaking eyes) and nausea. i forgot to mention vomiting.. i only did it once but it was heavy
i then took my friend home around 2 pm after sleeping for a couple hours... after i came back i took a shower and set my alarm so i could get ready for work. i slept thru the alarm and was woken up by my brother saying im late for work. ended up being 20 minutes late and really weak from sleeping all day and not eating.

i had an ok time up until this point... holy fuck ... imagine if you will .1g mdma, 3.5g shroom, .1g of meth, 1 gram of really dank weed. i highly recommend against doing CCC's or dxm in general...
almost 24 hours after ingestion of triple c's, slight ataxia upset stomach and headache. overwhelming tiredness.

overall it was absolutely intriguing but never again.
My first time doing DXM, I took 12 CCC's, and I didn't even have that bad of a time. I blacked out and puked up foam all over my friends room. And since then, I've taken up to 20 with out even getting nauseous, except the one time I dosed on an empty stomach.

Share this on:

Tags
coricidin, dxm, triple c's