Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antipsychotics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-05-2013, 23:13
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
zedletter is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%
Is zyprexa recreational?

Zyprexa is a thienobenzodiazepine, like etizolam, the recreational research chemical. Since zyprexa is structurally related to benzodiazepines, can it be used as an anxiolytic or as a recreational sedative?
Old 22-07-2013, 23:34

25 y/o Male from Netherlands
Punkpanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Is zyprexa recreational?

Well, consider this not to be reacreational. There is little fun in being a drewling zombie (in high enough doses) nor does it resamble any kind of benzo, there's no euphoria, just drowsiness and endless hunger. Take it only when you're in a asylum and the force you 2! I took 10mg a day, with minimal side-effects. Gave 1 5mg one time to a friend of mine, who's completely healthy and doesn't need this kind of medication, but as a fun tester. She texted me the day after, wtf you gave me, I lied down for 18hours trying to change the channel but the remote kept felling out of my hand and I couldn't get up to change it on the tv itself. SHE HATED IT. Maybe you can test it once, on like 10mg then you now what it really does :P hahaha. I say, stay away.
Old 22-07-2013, 23:48
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.runitsthepolice probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

In short my experience - no that shit zyprexa made me suicidal. I can't imagine it being recreational for anyone. D2 antagonists and 5-ht2A antagonists are the worst.

It's not like etizolam whatsoever, which I love and is great.

Post Quality Evaluations:
accurate reply drawn from experience
Old 23-07-2013, 01:37
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Been on them 13 years and in a way they have finally become addictive but not out of psychological need but physiological need.

They are nasty and make you feel like shit for the first month or so. You get used to it and it goes.

It leaves you lost for things to do or to get active. Weight gain is problem. They got sued for leaving important information on the ability to increase diabetes in a large population of people.

Saying that. When I came off them for a while and all was going good I started to relapse and I took one 5mg pill and was back to normal in 5 minutes.

Last edited by bhonkers; 23-07-2013 at 01:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-07-2013, 12:09

25 y/o Male from Netherlands
Punkpanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Jupp, Lilly's bills go in the billion dollars of lawsuits he has lost. You can get verry strange illnesses from it, not only diabetes. I used to be on zyprexa too, but now I'm on Seroquell and soon Lithium with it. hehe I prefer seroquell over zyprexa, had like only 3days side-effects and when my dose went up, my side effects dissapeard.
Old 24-07-2013, 14:45
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,651, Level: 12 Points: 7,651, Level: 12 Points: 7,651, Level: 12
Activity: 20.3% Activity: 20.3% Activity: 20.3%

Structural similarity is not a safe way to predict the effects of many drugs. Etizolam can be quite a comfortable experience, while olanzapine has a host of potentially unpleasant, damaging and life threatening negative effects. Etizolam is a gabba agonist, while olanzapine acts as an antagonist at dopamine D1, D2, D4, serotonin 5-HT2 and muscarinic receptors.

Dopamine, serotonin and acetycholine blockade seems like the antithesis of fun. Olanzapine is an antipsychotic, all drugs in this group have a wide range of unpleasant and life-threatening effects. Some of these include parkinsonian-like movement disorders (both acute and ongoing), sudden cardiac death, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a potentially fatal neurological disorder), coma in those with impaired livers, sexual dysfunction, dizziness, headaches, convulsions, blurred vision, tiredness and difficulty urinating.

Other possible effects of olanzapine itself include; oedema, blood disorders, glaucoma, hair loss, diseases of the liver and pancreas, high cholesterol, urinary retention and priapsim. The last of these can cause lasting damage to erectile tissue.

British National Formulary, July 2013.

This drug has no recreational value and should only be used as prescribed.

Last edited by Mindless; 24-07-2013 at 15:35. Reason: defined term
Old 24-07-2013, 20:54
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United Kingdom
bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.bhonkers probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3 Points: 400, Level: 3
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
Structural similarity is not a safe way to predict the effects of many drugs. Etizolam can be quite a comfortable experience, while olanzapine has a host of potentially unpleasant, damaging and life threatening negative effects. Etizolam is a gabba agonist, while olanzapine acts as an antagonist at dopamine D1, D2, D4, serotonin 5-HT2 and muscarinic receptors.

Dopamine, serotonin and acetycholine blockade seems like the antithesis of fun. Olanzapine is an antipsychotic, all drugs in this group have a wide range of unpleasant and life-threatening effects. Some of these include parkinsonian-like movement disorders (both acute and ongoing), sudden cardiac death, neuroleptic malignant syndrome (a potentially fatal neurological disorder), coma in those with impaired livers, sexual dysfunction, dizziness, headaches, convulsions, blurred vision, tiredness and difficulty urinating.

Other possible effects of olanzapine itself include; oedema, blood disorders, glaucoma, hair loss, diseases of the liver and pancreas, high cholesterol, urinary retention and priapsim. The last of these can cause lasting damage to erectile tissue.

British National Formulary, July 2013.

This drug has no recreational value and should only be used as prescribed.
Apart from that first month or so where I felt like I'd been poisoned there has been no real noticeable negative effects after 13 years of use.

That's not to say that there are some underlying conditions yet to show themselves. But with me doing my fasting routine I feel just as alive as I did when I wasn't on the pills.

But my diagnosis was changed from schizophrenia to drug induced psychosis. I get auditory hallucinations after prolonged stimulant use and lack of sleep. But with this new understanding of my condition I'm more determined to be drug free so that eventually I will not need the zyprexa which is now generic in most cases for me.

I've come off them before and not even been on any drugs for years and even alcohol and I got travel sickness really bad while driving the car!

Share this on:

Tags
etizolam, olanzapine