Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-05-2013, 19:24

Female from Earth
Saccharine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 304, Level: 2 Points: 304, Level: 2 Points: 304, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can you get high on Bupropion? How about Metaxalone?

Can you get high on Bupropion? Metaxalone? Just some random pills I found, I assume you cannot.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please do some mediocum of research, don't just list random pills asking "can I get high"
Old 18-05-2013, 19:23
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: Can you get high on Bupropion? How about Metaxalone?

I would rather encourage people to post even if the question is "stupid" to some because after all, harm reduction is the main component to this site. If my post can save a life that's good enough for me.

Wellbutrin (bupropion) is a no no because there have been many incidences where high doses or intranasal administration has caused seizures. So unless you want to end up in the hospital I don't recommend it. Even at clinical doses you aren't likely to find a instant buzz or euphoria unless taken over a period of time and this only makes you feel "not depressed" rather than happy.

Metaxalone is a moderate muscle relaxer.
Metaxalone has mixed reports, one report compares it to Soma and others say there isn't a high to be found and it is more like Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) where it simply knocks you on your @ss with no euphoria.

I know bupropion has no recreational value and I highly doubt metaxalone has any recreational value or I would have found more reports on it.

Accurate, responsive, and focused on risk reduction
Old 31-05-2013, 02:51
rehab reject glue sniffer

28 y/o Male from United States
zedletter is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2 Points: 236, Level: 2
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%

Wellbutrin for me caused an amphetamine like high, but metaxalone is just a muscle relaxer. It didn't do much for me but make me tired.
Old 30-06-2013, 02:50

Male from United States
IndieVisible needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabolicScheme View Post
I would rather encourage people to post even if the question is "stupid" to some because after all, harm reduction is the main component to this site. If my post can save a life that's good enough for me.

Wellbutrin (bupropion) is a no no because there have been many incidences where high doses or intranasal administration has caused seizures. So unless you want to end up in the hospital I don't recommend it. Even at clinical doses you aren't likely to find a instant buzz or euphoria unless taken over a period of time and this only makes you feel "not depressed" rather than happy.

Metaxalone is a moderate muscle relaxer.
Metaxalone has mixed reports, one report compares it to Soma and others say there isn't a high to be found and it is more like Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) where it simply knocks you on your @ss with no euphoria.

I know bupropion has no recreational value and I highly doubt metaxalone has any recreational value or I would have found more reports on it.
Mostly NOT true. Bupronion does not cause seizures, there are warnings in place for that, but is no more of a risk then any other drug that also lists possible seizures.

And Bupronion does increase dopamine and thereby makes it possible to achieve low levels of euphoria. By crushing a pill to powder and snorting it with whiskey, it greatly enhances the alcohol. Nice thing about Bupronionis it does NOT reduce sexual urges or arrousals like most other antidepressants. Also Bupronion is dirt cheap and makes a great cocktail pill to mix with other pills. Therefore it does have a recreational value! Bupronion is the best kept secret. Any one who says it has no recreational use does not know how to take it

Please don't quote entire posts when, e.g., they are longer than what you're going to write. Beginning your post with "@DiabolicScheme" or "With regard to what DiabolicScheme said" would have had the same effect and doesn't clutter up the thread
This is dangerous advice, especially recommending mixing it with other unspecified pills.
Old 30-06-2013, 17:50
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
Calliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline MedlineCalliope must mainline Medline
Points: 3,890, Level: 9 Points: 3,890, Level: 9 Points: 3,890, Level: 9
Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieVisible View Post
Mostly NOT true. Bupronion does not cause seizures, there are warnings in place for that, but is no more of a risk then any other drug that also lists possible seizures.
What you claim is not simply 'mostly NOT true' it is out and out FALSE --

First because "no more of a risk then any other drug that also lists possible seizures" does not mean "does not cause seizures'.

And second, there is a real risk of seizure with buproprion taken as prescribed at therapeutic levels:
Lowered seizure threshold is documented at therapeutic doses of bupropion, with a seizure rate of 0.1%. (Intravenous Bupropion: A Previously Undocumented Method of Abuse of a Commonly Prescribed Antidepressant Agent. (Journal of Addiction Medicine 7(3): 216–217)
Moreover a quick poke around revealed no fewer than 10 drugs with risk of seizure, but one lower than that of buproprion: Etomidate, Enflurane, Naloxon, [beta]-blockers, Mexiletine, and, interestingly, the anti-epileptic drugs henytoin, Carbamazepine, Vigabatrin, Ethosuximide, and Gabapentin. (Claudio Ruffmann, Graziella Bogliun, Ettore Beghi. Epileptogenic drugs: a systematic review. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. April 2006 v6 i4 p575(15))

Furthermore, the seizure rate of 0.1% is the one for buproprion taken at prescribed doses per os, not snorted up the schnoz possibly at overdose levels... The seizure rates for overdose of buproprion are pretty damn far from negligible:
In this cohort of bupropion XL overdoses, seizures developed in 32% of patients, a considerably higher frequency than the previously reported 21% with the IR and 11% with the SR formulations of bupropion [5,6]. Our findings are strengthened by the fact that we excluded patients with coingestants and/or medical conditions that alter seizure threshold. (Dunner DL, Zisook S, Billow AA, et al. A prospective safety surveillance study for bupropion sustained-release in the treatment of depression. J Clin Psychiatry 1998;59(7):366–373.)
So kindly refrain from making unsubstantiated and potentially dangerous claims about the safety of the recreational use of buproprion. By all means continue your own use if you wish to, but this is a harm reduction forum in which we attempt to give people evidence based information about the effects, potential dangers and risks of ingesting various drugs. People can make their own decisions about what risks they wish to take, but to do so they need to actually be aware of those risks.

And for christs' sake, the following is incredibly cavalier and dangerous:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieVisible View Post
... Also Bupronion is dirt cheap and makes a great cocktail pill to mix with other pills. Therefore it does have a recreational value! Bupronion is the best kept secret. Any one who says it has no recreational use does not know how to take it
There are many other drugs which decrease seizure threshold as much or more than buproprion (as you show some dim awareness of in your first claim above). Mixing buproprion with any of those could increase seizure risk immensely. To say it 'makes a great cocktail pill the mix with other pills" is completely irresponsible.

excellent citations and evidence
great breakdown of an irresponsible post
A fantastic job addressing a harmful post, and you backed it up with sources!

Last edited by Calliope; 30-06-2013 at 17:51. Reason: typos

Share this on: