Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 10-05-2013, 09:34

24 y/o Male from United States
nlockman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
How long does it take to become physically addicted to kratom?

So SWIM is a weird person to be asking this question.

Two years ago SWIM quit everything. SWIM was full blown meth user for a year at that point and almost committed suicide through a combination of ambien and alcohol, thankfully SWIMS family got SWIM to the doc in time.

Afterwards SWIM quit everything. The only thing SWIM had ever been addicted to besides mentally was meth though. So quitting everything else was kind of a way to get away from that. Unfortunately since about six months of quitting SWIM have been dealing with desires to drink, smoke weed again, all of the above. Up until a month ago all SWIM did was turn his head sadly and just try ignore it.

Then SWIM found kratom.

So far SWIM has been very responsible with it. Taking three days or so in a row and then taking one or two days off. SWIM took it five days in a row though, and he knows that's too much. What SWIM is really worried about is if taking the one or two days off will be enough?

SWIM doesn't want to be physically addicted to anything ever again. SWIM loves this stuff though. It's finally something safe, cheap, natural, clean, and ohhh so nice that SWIM come home and use to get rid of the stress he feels throughout my day.

SWIM is an athlete. SWIM is a xc skier, on a ultimate team, basketball team and soccer team throughout the year. This so far has not affected his activities which is super important to SWIM. So you can see how SWIM is so enthralled by it, to be able to have a means of physical relaxation like everyone else.

SWIM doesn't want to feed into alcohol, which is what a lot of his friends and family have suggested when he tries to explain them his desires to fill this void in him. SWIM is open to other natural things to, but first he is playing with kratom.

So to reiterate, will SWIM risk physical dependence only taking one or two full days off between kratom use, or is he going to have to take 5-7 days off every ten days or so or something like that?

Post Quality Evaluations:
swim is no longer appropriate. please do not use
Old 10-05-2013, 12:47
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,839, Level: 21 Points: 21,839, Level: 21 Points: 21,839, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: How long does it take to become physically addicted to kratom?

One day off really is not enough.
I would suggest that to avoid raising your tolerance you leave two full days off after every day you use it, and take a week off here and there to check if there are any signs of withdrawal.
Keep in mind that kratom can be psychologically addictive too, and cravings can be an issue.

You dont mention how much kratom you use, or what type?

I recommend you avoid all extracts and enhanced products.
Stick to plain kratom leaf/powder and make sure that you ar buying it from a good vendor.
If you have not done so already you should read the 'Guide to buying Kratom' http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=200101

Its great that you were able to break your other addictions, well done.
Its unfortunate that you have started using drugs again, but i think that using Kratom is a lot less dangerous and harmful than Meth or Alcohol.
If you are going to continue to use it then you are right to want to do as much as possible to avoid addiction. Like any other addictive drug the difficulty is to maintain sensible use. Its too easy to turn two days a week into 4 days a week and then before you know it you are taking it every day and your tolerance is rising and it is getting out of control.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Helpful, sound advice, given in a friendly manner
Old 11-05-2013, 08:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I lasted over a year with kratom being a weekend warrior type event, my addiction started around the time I started foolishly justifying use on wed. as well, so I was using 3 times a week. Then I came into extra money and guess what this guy bought? More kratom.

Now I had an excess of kratom stashed and justified daily use because 'I had plenty' now its been going on for a year and aside from some freak euphoric incidence here and there kratom is pretty much taken because I am too tired to function normally without it and hate the withdrawals. Kratom just keeps me 'normal' now.

I second Ian, you are pushing your luck with that frequency, I would taper down and then cut it down to 2 days a week, not only will the stuff work better when you do take it, it will also keep the risk of dependency down.

Remember that how much until addiction occurs is a question that cant be answered, we are all different. For me, in retrospect it was opening the door to a 3rd day that started it for me as well as an excess of stock.
Old 22-05-2013, 11:51

24 y/o Male from Netherlands
LarsD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Strange... When I do Kratom I usually take very moderate doses but do so almost every day. Then when it runs out (I buy only 50g's a time) I stay away from it for a week or two and then get some more. When I have it I use it. But when I don't have it it's like I quit coffee for a day or two and then I'm fine...

Even if I use every day the effects remain nearly the same (no placebo here...). Perhaps it's because of the low dosage (about 4-6 G's a day in one go) or something.
Old 23-05-2013, 06:33
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.Cousin Merle probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3 Points: 429, Level: 3
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

It depends a lot on how much you are taking and how often on the days you are taking it.

Plain leaf kratom (not extracts) is not incredibly physically addictive compared to a lot of substances, but psychological addiction is a whole nother story....

I had a period of about 3 months where I took kratom 5 days a week with 2 days off. I then took a break for a week with no withdrawls other than mild irritability and road rage. I was only taking it once or twice a day though, and never more than 8-10 grams total per day.

Taking it 2 or 3 times a week should not cause physical addiction as long as you stick to that regimen. I would not recommend extracts or enhanced blends either, as they are more potent and more addictive than regular plain leaf.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom addiction