Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Morphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 31-07-2006, 18:32
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male
muidumees should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Starting dose of morphine for someone with opiate tolerance

Hi!

I have obtained 10 mg morphine sulphate pills (brand: Sevredol)

I have taken Tramadol daily for 2 years. Daily doses from 50-400mg. So I guess I do have tolerance.

What would be the higher end dose range within safe limits? I have experimented with medical doses from 10-30mg and up to 50 mg without noticable results (orally). 50mg orally at once had some positive effect. But nothing as I would have expected, maybe just reduction in stress and pain. Is it worth going any higher in dosage? 10-30mg didnt even have much painkilling effects (I have a chronic pain syndrome). I have treid once hydrocodone and it the morphine didnt really feel much stronger.

Please advise on a safe dose and way of administration ( I do not go with IV). Does intranasal morphine sulphate have any effect at all?

Post Quality Evaluations:
self incrimination
Old 31-07-2006, 19:42

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
welcome to the forum!

first, please remember to use "swim" instead of "i" when posting about drugs...but continuing to the questions!

snorting the morphine would probably make it more bioavailable than eating it. swim would say start with 30 mg insufflated. then increase the dose by 10 mg at a time if swiy is not feeling anything. give it a few minutes after each one to see if swiy feels it.

as far as oral goes, with tolerance 60 mg should be the starting dose. the tramadol would definitely cause tolerance. swiy should feel the painkilling effects before any recreational effect, but swiy may have some tolerance to that, too, and thats why it may not be what swiy expected.

note that other swim's out there shouldnt start with 60 mg, if you do not do opiates often. this is just a dose for someone who uses them daily.
Old 31-07-2006, 22:36

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
Once again good advice from Forthesevenlakes, SWIF thinks you've been doing the right thing already, you have tried lower dosages and worked your way up, continue to do this and you will find the optimum dose.

Insufflation is more effective than oral administration with morphine by quite a margin. Either way SWIY should crush the pills before insufflation or oral administration as this will be better absorbed.

60mg would be a potent dose even for a opiated tolerant individual. Make sure SWIY has someone to watch over him in case of respiritory depression reaching dangerous levels.

ANy further questions feel free to ask.
Old 01-08-2006, 17:31

30 y/o Male
muidumees should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
swim did try intranasal option with 10mg but as the pill is only 10mg, e.g. 30 mg would be a lot of powder to snort. any experiences with snorting a large volume of powder? swim is afraid that swim may get nasal congestion before any of it actually reaching the bloodstream. the 10 mg didnt have any noticeable effect (should even that low dose have some effect?) and as the stash is limited, swim does not want to waste too many pills on trying. is is possible that swim may have tolerance (sort of immune) to the euphoric and pain killing effect but on higher doses it may still become dangerous without feeling any pos. effects on the way? what would be the dose that would definetly not cause any problems ? swim has read the lethal dose is somewhere near a few hundred mg (the lowest), so swim would think that 100 mg is pretty much still in safe range? there are pills coming in 150mg as well..

Does insufflation also work with suplhates? Swim had an idea that most snortable substances are HCL. On the other hand, Tramadol is HCL and doesnt work with snorting at all.

swim has also tried heroin wihtout any noticeable effect but wrote that off to street inpurity and having been scammed. The morphine however, is packed and medical.
Old 04-08-2006, 21:24

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
Careful here, a few hundred is the LD50 which means it's where 50% of the people will die, not where the lethal dose begins!

Insufflation of sulphates should work just as effectivly, it is more that tramadol is very insoluble on the mucas membrane.
Old 04-08-2006, 23:16

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
good advice from swiFantasian!!

60 mg shouldnt cause any problems, but wait a while before upping it beyond that. the powder will be effective insufflated, but if swiy doesnt want to snort that much powder, perhaps he should consider rectal administration...itd be about as effective as insufflation. swim cant believed he just suggested that, but it really might work.

Share this on:

Tags
morphine dosage