Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 01:13

26 y/o Female from United States
DaPSO is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Trying to buy syringes at Walmart - what do I say about being a diabetic?

What do I tell the Walmart pharmacist when I go to buy rigs if I'm asked about my diabetes? I bought them from Walmart before but lately I've been hassling and overseas to sell them to me.

What kind of diabetes do I have? I'm 25 years old and pretty healthy looking. and what kind of insulin am I on? I'm going to say that I buy my insulin online.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21

Male from United States
Hp Rush should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Trying to buy syringes at Walmart - what do I say about being a diabetic?

They don't ask just walk up and tell them what kind u need I do it like daily and they care about it. If they ask just say your doctor writes on paper and u take it to the pharmacy u don't know shit.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:36

19 y/o Female from United States
Miss.Tweakie is an unknown quantity at this point

They don't ask questions as long as you have an ID
Old 04-05-2013, 01:56
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Yeah, I'll jump on the "the don't ask questions" bandwagon here and confirm that they never asked me questions and I've done it probably 8 or 10 times. And most pharmacies are really strict about it up here. CVS won't sell them without a prescription for insulin on file and Walgreens took about 5 minutes of convincing that "my mom needed them for her diabetes" before they sold them to me. But with wally world, the first time I just handned them a note I had scribbled out in the car that said "1 cc 28 g long tip" and said my mom needed a box of these for her insulin and they grabbed a box and asked for my id and had me sign a ledger and handed them right over. After that, I'd just asked for a box of them and they'd ask for my ID, have my sign, and hand them over.

I'm only 24 and pretty healthy looking, so I don't look like all the obese people up here with diabetes (I know about type 1 diabetes and you don't have to be overweight to have that but up here it is nothing but gross fatasses with diabetes). But I was real polite and acted as calm as possible. I also was dressed somewhat nicely, not my usual garb of shorts/jeans and an old t-shirt and beer hat.

But yeah, just go and asked for them, or just try what I did with the note and say they're for your mom. If they ask what kind of insulin she takes, say 70/30 regular.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
benzoe71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

wow what a load of bs to go through just to get some pins/works.dont u guys have a needle exchange over there? all we do is go to the local chemist ask for a pack of 1mls or 2mls had over your old ones and off you go no questions nothing and there free aswell.i know this dont help the p.o but im finding it hard to get my head around that health authortys were u are dont supply this service for health reasons not only for users but the comunity as a whole!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:46

Well thankfully I was able to buy them without any problems. The Walmart by my old apartment, which is the one I ended up going to today, don't fuck with me about it. But the one close to where I live now will sell them to me sometimes but most of the time they don't.

DaPSO added 13 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I know. Benzoie, it really pisses me off. I shouldn't have to come up with a story, IMHO. It's not the job of the pharmacist to be a moral activist. Furthermore it doesn't stop me from injecting wtf I want in my body. Normally it would just force me to use more gas to go somewhere else. But lately (since my car broke down and I can't expect other people to drive me all over Fort Worth), it forces me to use my old syringes, which this time around were FUCKED, probably leaving long term/permanent scars, not to mention all the poking and missing.

I haven't researched this fully, but I read somewhere Texas is the only state with laws prohibiting needle exchanges... Just my luck. (

Last edited by DaPSO; 04-05-2013 at 03:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2013, 04:59
Silver Member

Male from Earth
socialblacktarfly is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I know rite-aid and cvs here in Cali do not ask questions but I always get mine online for l$5 for a bag of 10. Easier, convenient, no prescription required, and free shipping. The only way I get my rigs now

socialblacktarfly added 4 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialblacktarfly View Post
I know rite-aid and cvs here in Cali do not ask questions but I always get mine online for l$5 for a bag of 10. Easier, convenient, no prescription required, and free shipping. The only way I get my rigs now
Of course its cheaper to order more say a pack of 30 is $9

Last edited by socialblacktarfly; 04-05-2013 at 04:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2013, 05:02

27 y/o Female from United States
tweakend is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

The Walmart I go to doesn't ask any questions, but you have to take a used needle, the package the needles come in, or insulin with you.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:15

well after the hell I went through over the past week using the same old 4 syringes, I decided to go ahead and get a box of 100 when they finally were sold to me. From now on I will be ordering them online but at least I have enough to hold me over until I get them.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:19
Banned

33 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
SB1981 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

This is why I order my spikes online, it's soooo much easier and you don't have to explain shit to anyone. Can you not order them online?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB1981 View Post
This is why I order my spikes online, it's soooo much easier and you don't have to explain shit to anyone. Can you not order them online?
I can, and will now. I just didn't need to in the past and found myself in a sticky situation. But now I will buy them online for sure. Walmart was kinda convenient cause I'm in there anyway 1-2x a week.

DaPSO added 12 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Quote:
I can, and will now. I just didn't need to in the past and found myself in a sticky situation. But now I will buy them online for sure. Walmart was kinda convenient cause I'm in there anyway 1-2x a week.

Last edited by DaPSO; 04-05-2013 at 12:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2013, 19:03
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,832, Level: 11 Points: 5,832, Level: 11 Points: 5,832, Level: 11
Activity: 10.7% Activity: 10.7% Activity: 10.7%

As Benzoe said, you should really look hard for some sort of needle exchange program in your area. I understand not every place has them but alot do. I just cringe when I see that people have to actually pay for needles when I can walk a few blocks and get as many as I want for free, no questions asked.

It also hurts me to hear about people having to deal with all this bullshit just to get a rig. What these pharmacists don't understand is the IV drug user is going to shoot up no matter what, so let him/her use a fresh one and majorly reduce the damage done. They are only making the problem worse.

Glad to you got em though,

-GC
Old 04-05-2013, 19:10
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from Australia
KitKat84 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Not sure if you have a horse shop near you i.e. horse feed supplies or horse saddlery shop. I know you can buy a range of syringes. I know this because I own horses and sometimes you have to inject bute or ace into them so I buy syringes and needles at horse shops. Ace for horses is drug that has a calming affect and is the smallest needle you can buy and syringe would be 5ml

Another option
Old 04-05-2013, 19:26

I apologize for the way my post of come across. I'm using an old Android phone with speech recognition because it's so much faster than trying to type. 'Overseas' earlier was I think 'refuse to sell them to me,' lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:07

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
benzoe71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPSO View Post
Well thankfully I was able to buy them without any problems. The Walmart by my old apartment, which is the one I ended up going to today, don't fuck with me about it. But the one close to where I live now will sell them to me sometimes but most of the time they don't.

DaPSO added 13 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I know. Benzoie, it really pisses me off. I shouldn't have to come up with a story, IMHO. It's not the job of the pharmacist to be a moral activist. Furthermore it doesn't stop me from injecting wtf I want in my body. Normally it would just force me to use more gas to go somewhere else. But lately (since my car broke down and I can't expect other people to drive me all over Fort Worth), it forces me to use my old syringes, which this time around were FUCKED, probably leaving long term/permanent scars, not to mention all the poking and missing.

I haven't researched this fully, but I read somewhere Texas is the only state with laws prohibiting needle exchanges... Just my luck. (
wow absalutly discusting i realy feel for you its not the way forward like you say not the pharmacists place to make judgments on your health. have they not heard of h.i.v,hep b+c.jesus man that is dark ages attitude over here thats wot the attitude used to be like in the 70s and 80s.this thread has just started a major disscusion in my home we just cant belive it.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:48
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
igotyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1

The workers at walgreens told my buddy they didnt really wanna sell him any because he looked like he would get high in the parking lot and toss it...I admit it was a longer stretch than usual and he was looking pretty out there but it was funny and the Women who said it was hot as hell. I wanted to get high with her right there.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:20
Titanium Member

Male from United States
jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPSO View Post
What do I tell the Walmart pharmacist when I go to buy rigs if I'm asked about my diabetes? I bought them from Walmart before but lately I've been hassling and overseas to sell them to me.

What kind of diabetes do I have? I'm 25 years old and pretty healthy looking. and what kind of insulin am I on? I'm going to say that I buy my insulin online.

I could be wrong but I think the laws are different state to state. I think it's even illegal in some state to buy from pharmacy without prescription. I know that in NYC where I live, it wasn't always legal and still as it is they have a ridiculous law that they can only sell you one pack without a prescription, like I can't just then go to another pharmacy to get another one. still it's annoying to have to do that. also the pharmacies often have no choices. some only carry 3/10 units which is no good for me or big lower gauges then i'd like.
the worst part and i'm sure many can relate, if you don't get there before the pharmacy section closes for the night you are fucked. I really should go online, the problem is although I am definitely at this point a very regular user. I try to tell myself i'm gonna stop and so I don't prepare for using ahead of time
Old 08-05-2013, 05:28
Banned

Order a box of 100 like I do and they will last quite a while. I'm very grateful to know that a new shipment is just one click awaythe click. I have never bought needles in person since I started injecting. I use tuburculin syringes, but I don't think they would sell those over the counter.

Last edited by SB1981; 08-05-2013 at 07:22.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:59
Titanium Member

Male from United States
jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.jimmyjames35 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3

Quote:
Order a box of 100 like I do and they will last quite a while. I'm very grateful to know that a new shipment is just one click awaythe click. I have never bought needles in person since I started injecting. I use tuburculin syringes, so I don't think they would sell those over the counter.

what is the difference with tuburcilin syringes? is there any indication at all of whats in the box when u get it shipped?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:11
Banned

Tuberculin syringes have a larger barrel and they're detachable so you can draw up the solution into the syringe without risk of damaging the needle. I love that! Then you just screw it back on since it's a luer lock syringe. No indication on the box, but they are the medical syringes with the blue hubs instead of the insulin needles. I use 25gx1 inch 3mL. The insulin needles were too small and I didn't feel them hit my spot like the larger needles. I only hit my two large veins on my arms so they work like a champ. Also, my doses would be too large for a 1cc since the plunger would be too far back for me to maneuver.

They are descreet when they ship my syringes so there is no indication whatsoever until the package is opened. So no worries about UPS man knowing your personal shit.

Last edited by SB1981; 08-05-2013 at 07:21.
Old 24-11-2013, 03:40
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from United States
flying_high_daily is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

a friend of a friend is only 18 years old and smokes meth but he wants to slam and is curious about how to get a box of syringes that is the best for slamming meth and he is also curious as to how to do it. sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, im new to this sight and am still getting the hang of where to post what. thanx for the help

Post Quality Evaluations:
There are many great threads on these subjects; I would recommend using the search function. Thanks, and Welcome to DF!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:16
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Earth
DazedforDays is on the way upDazedforDays is on the way upDazedforDays is on the way upDazedforDays is on the way up
Points: 506, Level: 3 Points: 506, Level: 3 Points: 506, Level: 3
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

I know this is a but late but you don't have to.tell them a damn thing. Walmart is the obe place that does not ask questions and doesn't require an insulin prescription to purchase syringes. Just tell them what size needles you want and you'll be in and out in minutes.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:31
Banned

32 y/o Female from United States
dustofsnow is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

I buy syringes for my diabetic dog, and use extras for my own IV meth use, taking care to NEVER mix them up. But you can say the syringes are for your dog, if you'd like to have a story when you go. If asked say your dog receives 5 units of Novolin N every 12 hours and the vet recommended [desired syringes]. Note that dogs require 1/2 inch needles because their skin is thicker than human skin. I get 29 gauge needles and unfortunately due to a particularity of my dog's dose, they're the .3 mL ones so it limits the size of my shots. I would recommend larger volume.

In the US, laws about syringes vary by state. I spent some time in Arizona where a jackass walmart pharmacist refused to sell me needles without veterinary documentation of my dog's diabetes. I had my dog's records in my car but I sought to purchase the needles elsewhere on principle. I told the pharmacist before stalking off that he was not going to stop a single person from injecting illicit drugs by refusing to sell anyone needles without proof of medical necessity; he was only going to increase the likelihood that some users would inject with another person's needle or an old one that was dirty or blunt enough to cause damage. His response? "I don't have to support the activities of those low-life's."

I shit you not. What an ignorant prick.

But in the Midwest state I currently live in, I just ask for the syringes and that's that. Good luck!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:32
Banned

Order them online! Forget the pharnacy if you can. It's discreet packaging and you can choose from a variety of syringes. I would hate to be assed with buying these in person, however mine have to be ordered since they're medical and not for insulin. I'm surpised anyone who has a debit card bothers with the pharmacy when it's so much easier nad discreet online.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:10

Male from United States
chipat86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Sounds like the first time i went to get needles. No one would sell el so ended up going to the needle exchange. Then as of Jan 1st, 2014, the law forbidding the sale of needles was lifted in nj. Now anyone can buy needles anywhere i. Nj without them asking questions. But i still walk in pretending like im clueless, show them a picture of the bag of needles i got the first time and say my mom asked me to get her these. I get 29g ,.5ml, 1/2 needles

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, meth

» New Threads
where are the email vendors or...
Last post by Phenoxide
2 Replies, 3 Views
After 6 month adderall binge,...
Last post by blazin1096
0 Replies, 1 Views
Kicking the habit.. Making it...
Last post by Pogue