Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 00:01
Silver Member

37 y/o Female from United States
edgesnotrounded is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
5mg-7.5mg Hydrocodone APAP 325mg, 5mg Oxycodone (no APAP) and Morphine 15mg pills)

Hey all,

SWIM, recently came into the above medications (5mg-7.5mg Hydrocodone APAP 325mg, 5mg Oxycodone (no APAP) and Morphine 15mg pills)

And, SWIM has no tolerance, just took a total of 17.5/975 APAP and feeling a little *something* but not overall great. Suffering from a major toothache, and not sure which of the above would work the best?

Also can/should SWIM mix? Swim has about 10 of each except the morphine which is a total of 4x 15mg.

Swim is about 240 in weight/36 years of age. Swim also had some pizza after taking the above. What would be the best for pain relief and the euphoric feelings? Is snorting the 5mg Oxys worth it? Real Grapefruit, does it really potentiate the effect?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%
Re: 5mg-7.5mg Hydrocodone APAP 325mg, 5mg Oxycodone (no APAP) and Morphine 15mg pills

Please don't use SWIM. Check out the link given to you in the reputation comment, which can also be found here: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=197306 You are allowed to speak in the first person if you so choose, as the self-incrimination rule regarding personal drug use was abolished almost two years ago. If you really wish to avoid self incrimination, you may tell us about a friend or a dream you had (etc.). Please avoid "AFOAF," as well. It's no better.

As for your questions...

What did you take 17.5mg of? Something doesn't add up. I'm not saying you were being dishonest, I just think you did the math wrong. You said you took 975mg of APAP, which would be 3 of those hydrocodone/APAPs... but that would make 22.5mg of hydrocodone, not 17.5. So what did you take that's not helping?? Please clarify, if you would.

NO, you should not mix these. Without a tolerance, it's not safe in the slightest as they are all CNS depressants. Even with a tolerance it's risky unless a doctor specifically tells you to. So let's just get that out of the way... please do not mix them.

Snorting the 5mg oxycodone is absolutely not worth it. First of all, Oxycodone has a much higher absorption rate (bioavailability aka "BA") when taken by mouth than it does when snorted. Only about 50-60% (on average) is absorbed through the nose, whereas up to 90% is absorbed when taken by mouth. The average oral absorption rate is probably closer to 85% or so but that's still incredibly high for an opioid analgesic. Some, like morphine, have oral BAs closer to 15%. That doesn't mean morphine won't be effective, but you see why ~85% is so fantastic comparatively. Second of all, in terms of snorting, the 5mg pills have such a large binder-to-active-ingredient ratio that snorting any more than one is likely to somewhat clog up your nose and thus lower the absorption rate even more. Not worth it, not for someone with no tolerance.

Honestly, any of those should work. Without a tolerance, if you took 22.5mg of hydrocodone it might have been too much and crossed the line into discomfort. Here is what I suggest at least to start with (these are basic, opiate-naive doses):

Try either 5-10mg of oxycodone by mouth, 10.75-15mg of hydrocodone (1.5-2) by mouth, or 15mg morphine by mouth.

There's no guarantee that these will be safe for you, but those are all reasonable first time doses for someone without an opiate tolerance. They are all commonly prescribed in those amounts post surgery. But again, safety not guaranteed... just some guidelines. Start there and see how you do.

If you need to boost them a little, yes, WHITE grapefruit/white grapefruit juice will help some but I recommend against this because you are opiate naive and it can greatly strengthen the effects depending on the person. To increase the absorption rate in your stomach, try taking an antacid about 25 minutes before taking the pills. This will mildly increase the effects but likely not put you in any danger.

Lastly, try not to get it into your head that any of these will TOTALLY kill the pain of a toothache, especially if it's severe. Probably the best they will do is numb the pain a good deal, but the right dose should dull it enough to be much preferable to going without it.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

great safety advice and substantial advice to the OP
Old 06-05-2013, 13:47
Silver Member

Re: 5mg-7.5mg Hydrocodone APAP 325mg, 5mg Oxycodone (no APAP) and Morphine 15mg pills

Reverie,

Thank you and my apologies. I should've read the guidelines before posting.
As for the addition part, I took two 5mg and one 7.5 of hydrocodone (I have both 5mg and 7.5mg) with APAP of 325 each. Maybe this is where the misunderstanding is? It did help in the end. I just needed to give it a little more time.

Thanks for the break down on the medications and how it's absorbed! I was not aware of this. Being opiate naive and reading a few posts got me curious about the inhalation and potentiates. I won't go there.

My community health center is not taking new patients, but do have emergency appointments. I realize that pills/clove oil/ is just a temporary fix, but I am one big basket case when it comes to dentists. I do have leftover antibiotics that seem to be working for the infection.

Thank you again for all the information you've provided. It helps a lot!

- Edges
Old 06-05-2013, 14:18
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,489, Level: 7 Points: 2,489, Level: 7 Points: 2,489, Level: 7
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Well, I seee you have been a mmber for a couple months but still new enough to warrant a welcome to DF from yours truly...

You seem to have found your answers about the hyrdo and oxy and since BaZING is the one you got it from than you can take it to heart as great advice..,

I just want to add that when I have issues causing severe pain with my teeth that I take IBUPROFEN. I have used narcotics many times, everything from Hydrocodone all the way up to IV Oxymorphone. Even with all of these drugs, none of them worked as well as a good dose of Advil.

Also AntiBiotics can help with the pain if the DR determines an infection to because of the pain.

Please be cautious with your venture into opiates as addiction can come quick and be life altering. Try and get to a dentist if possible...

If you have to have narcotics prescribed for pain I would suggest requesting "VicoProfen". This is a Hydrocodone pill like Vicodin that is mixed with IBUPROFEN instead of the Tylonol. (APAP)

Stay Safe

JJ
Old 14-05-2013, 02:09

Female from United States
Jlaub1005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tj kind of - It's bad to mix hydro and oxy even if you have a tolerance? I did not know that. I would take one to two 512s and a 5mg norco all the time. Aside from apap didn't think it was an issue?
Old 14-05-2013, 03:21
Titanium Member

48 y/o Female from USA - Michigan
carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.
Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5

See a dentist and don't let this go. My dad was reluctant to go see a dentist and was frequently asking me if I had antibiotics. They would help temporarily until he couldn't take the pain anymore. The infection spread to another tooth so when he did see the dentist, he needed 2 tooth extractions. It's been a while since you posted, so the only thing I can say is be careful with self-medicating.
Old 14-05-2013, 03:34
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlaub1005 View Post
Tj kind of - It's bad to mix hydro and oxy even if you have a tolerance? I did not know that. I would take one to two 512s and a 5mg norco all the time. Aside from apap didn't think it was an issue?
It's simply better to ere on the safer side of caution. DF is not a substitute for professional medical advice, and IMO it would be foolish for anyone here to say "just go ahead and mix whatever" without mentioning the potential danger of the situation. The problem is that no one else is capable of truly knowing your tolerance, and indeed some people think they are far more tolerant than they really are. So it's just bad practice for us to recommend mixing multiple CNS depressants. That said, opioids are taken together all the time in legitimate medical settings so you are right that it is not a huge danger with a tolerance and under the supervision of a doctor. In addition, the doses you note for yourself are pretty small. Still, as I think I've made clear, it's more a matter of what is appropriate advice to give in this kind of setting.

To the OP, thanks for clearing up what you took and I'm glad to hear it helped eventually. I simply missed the fact that you also had 5mg pills. I read the thread title as "5-7.5mg Hydrocodone," as in you had a quantity of five. My mistake! I second what I_MISS_160s said, that NSAIDs really work wonders for tooth pain. If it continues to hurt, or acts up again another time, I would also recommend Advil or Aleve before you reach for an opiate. If neither of those work, it would not be unsafe to add the plain oxycodone or morphine if needed. You could even take a hydrocodone or two as APAP and NSAIDs don't really have any contraindications with one another... however, it is safest to wait at least two hours after taking one to take the other.

spot on safety advise as usual!
Very clear and understanding. Ty!
Old 16-05-2013, 01:28
Silver Member

Greetings All,

@ I_Miss_160s,

Thanks for your advice as well. I made it to the dentist today, (I have shit insurance, which is another reason I keep putting it off) but she examined it and we are working on a payment schedule. (It's a choice of pulling it, which would be covered or paying out of pocket for the root canal) and although a part of me just wants to pull it, it is recommended for me to save it if possible. I took your advice and asked for VicoProfen. She gave me this and Clindamycin for the infection. Apparently, the other antibiotics were not working.

@Carter - Thank you for your help and trust me, I know I need to get this over with. I had a really bad experience with a dentist when I was 16/17 who filled a cavity, which actually needed a root canal, and the pain was out of this world. To top it off, I would hear him talking to his other colleagues, making fun of my anxiety. I know all dentists will not be like him, but it just added to the fear I already had and made me feel weak for being so nervous. This summer is all about conquering it. Just one step at a time.

@baZing - again, you are awesome and no worries about the misunderstanding. I should of worded it better. I come here because I am new to pain medications and you all have helped me understand it a bit more. I will say that before my appointment today, the tooth was killing me last week. I did buy some grapefruit and took one 5mg Oxycodone and boy, were you right. It intensified the crap out of it. I considered taking two, but it is always better to low dose then to call an ambulance because I was a fool. If I could only win a million dollars to have some dentist just put me out and do what they need to do all in one shot. Sigh. That is my dream.

Until next time...

Thank you all again.

~Edges

for a well put together update
Old 16-05-2013, 07:29
Titanium Member

31 y/o Male from USA - New Hampshire
I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.I_MISS_160s really knows their shit.
Points: 2,489, Level: 7 Points: 2,489, Level: 7 Points: 2,489, Level: 7
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

Thanks for the update, I'm glad the Vicoprofen is working for you.

This is good that you came back and updated that you had indeed seen a dentist. Hopefully others reading see that medical attention is more appropriate for this type of situation.

Good luck with insurance issues. Payment plans are a life saver...

Please come back to DF , Its a great community of support

Stay Safe
JJ

Share this on:

» New Threads
Lets say it takes an hour for tea...
Last post by Alka_holic
18 Replies, 444 Views
Weaning off GHB
Last post by gthug
2 Replies, 73 Views
How Hard was it for you to get...