Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 02-05-2013, 21:43

Male from United States
frogsaver is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Maeng Da Kratom Dose

My dog, sparky, found a 1/2oz of Maeng Da Kratom in powder form. Sparkys never done any opioids before and wants to know how much of this powder he should take for a begginer experience, nothing too crazy though. He's seen so many different dosage suggestions ranging from 1.5g to 10g. Also, unfortunately, sparky doesnt have a scale but could he mix a teaspoon (or w/e measurement youo think is suitable) into some juice and drink it? Or does it have to be taken dry then washed down?
Old 03-05-2013, 00:10
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 728, Level: 4 Points: 728, Level: 4 Points: 728, Level: 4
Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7%
Re: Maeng Da Kratom Dose

Hi frogsaver,

First off, welcome to the forum! Secondly, if you would like to talk about your drug use, you can do so openly here; there are just some exceptions. Here are the self-incrimination rules circa 2011:

Quote:
Discussion of drug production/creation/extraction may only be theoretical. You may not post that you or any other member is going to be, or has been involved/implicated in any drug production or related illegal activity. Before 2011 we did not allow self incrimination anywhere. This has changed and there are no restrictions except in the creation forums.
It is allowed to describe hypothetical situations, your dreams or the actions of a third-party. Creative writing is welcome.
Anyway, back to your question. For one, 10 grams of maeng da is WAAAY too much for a beginner dose. Actually, I would be surprised to hear of many experienced users who would choose to take that much. The problem with kratom is, it is very difficult to know how potent it is as source discussion is not allowed here, and potency greatly varies among vendors, and even from batch to batch. I would hope that you didn't buy that kratom at a headshop or legal high site, for a couple of reasons. One, it is most likely garbage and you never know exactly what is in it. Two, those sites give a bad rap to kratom, so a true kratom aficionado would never buy from those kinds of vendors. It would be to your benefit to check out the kratom buying guide, which is stickied to the top of the kratom sub-forum.

With all that being said, a beginner dose of maeng da would probably be about 1.5 grams. It can be very energizing and very potent to a newbie like yourself; plus it is always better to veer on the lower side of things until you get acclimated to the substance. Since you don't have a scale, a rough estimate to a gram and a half would be about 1/2 of a level teaspoon. If it is of decent quality you should definitely notice a pretty good high from it, especially since you say you don't have any opiate tolerance. Play around with it a bit and find what works for you. Kratom is a strange substance, with many active alkaloids. What works for one person, might not work for another. It also changes from stimulating to sedating in larger doses. With that said, you will probably notice stimulation, as that is more characteristic of maeng da.

Let us know how it goes, and what you think!

Post Quality Evaluations:
great post, very helpful
Great advice and information
very nice post, fully explains OPs question in a coherent, friendly manner
Old 03-05-2013, 00:28

Male from United States

Thanks so much for the info! I didnt get it from a headshop, but the quality is uncertain although I'm almost positive its just pure leaf powder. I'll let you know how it goes, I'll probably try it Saturday or Sunday.
Old 03-05-2013, 00:55
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,554, Level: 20 Points: 19,554, Level: 20 Points: 19,554, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

As baselined mentioned avoid buying from certain places, like head shops and legal high sites, not only do they sell crap kratom but they market it in ways that do kratom more harm than good.

Most of what is sold as 'maeng da' is just regular kratom that is marked up in price.
If you did however get good stuff i think keeping your dose under 3 grams, on an empty stomach is a good way to get an idea of its strength.

Buy a digital scale. They are inexpensive and if you can afford to buy drugs then you can afford to buy one.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44
Titanium Member

baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.

Yeah, ian said it, but I forgot to mention, definitely take it on an empty stomach. It tends not to work if you have any amount of food in there. It would be best to take in the morning, before breakfast, or at least 3 hours after your last meal, but 4-5 is better depending on your metabolism.

Once its kicked in, typically about 45 min to an hour after dosing, then it's okay to eat. I find eating after it has started working makes it last longer and, in general, gives overall better effects.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06
Silver Member

Male from United States
Netizen is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by baselined View Post
Hi frogsaver,

First off, welcome to the forum! Secondly, if you would like to talk about your drug use, you can do so openly here; there are just some exceptions. Here are the self-incrimination rules circa 2011:

Anyway, back to your question. For one, 10 grams of maeng da is WAAAY too much for a beginner dose. Actually, I would be surprised to hear of many experienced users who would choose to take that much. The problem with kratom is, it is very difficult to know how potent it is as source discussion is not allowed here, and potency greatly varies among vendors, and even from batch to batch. I would hope that you didn't buy that kratom at a headshop or legal high site, for a couple of reasons. One, it is most likely garbage and you never know exactly what is in it. Two, those sites give a bad rap to kratom, so a true kratom aficionado would never buy from those kinds of vendors. It would be to your benefit to check out the kratom buying guide, which is stickied to the top of the kratom sub-forum.

With all that being said, a beginner dose of maeng da would probably be about 1.5 grams. It can be very energizing and very potent to a newbie like yourself; plus it is always better to veer on the lower side of things until you get acclimated to the substance. Since you don't have a scale, a rough estimate to a gram and a half would be about 1/2 of a level teaspoon. If it is of decent quality you should definitely notice a pretty good high from it, especially since you say you don't have any opiate tolerance. Play around with it a bit and find what works for you. Kratom is a strange substance, with many active alkaloids. What works for one person, might not work for another. It also changes from stimulating to sedating in larger doses. With that said, you will probably notice stimulation, as that is more characteristic of maeng da.

Let us know how it goes, and what you think!
Really? I take strong issue with that assessment. I have personally found maeng da kratom (purchased from a reputable online vendor) to be on the order of 1/3 stronger then plain kratom. Noticeable, but not justifying the price increase. My standard dose is 8g of plain bali kratom, twice a week. I take no other opiates. I wouldn't even consider 8g a high dose.

I'd be very surprised if you feel anything from 1.5g of non extracted kratom, whatever the strain. I'd suggest a starting dose of 5g and adjust upward. Which I feel is plenty conservative.

no need to quote block the whole text, my friend, it just takes up space
Old 03-05-2013, 04:13
Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netizen View Post
I'd be very surprised if you feel anything from 1.5g of non extracted kratom, whatever the strain. I'd suggest a starting dose of 5g and adjust upward. Which I feel is plenty conservative.
I was merely suggesting a starter dose. For someone who has never taken it before, 5 grams might be a bit too much, especially since maeng da is so stimulating. One who is unfamiliar with the effects might find that dose far too stimulating. Bali on the other hand, yeah 5 grams isn't that much (my normal dose), but I would still suggest someone only start at like 2-3 grams. This forum is about harm reduction, so when you have someone who is unfamiliar with the effects of something, it is always a good idea to start low. Who knows, he might have a very low threshold for kratom. Always best to err on the side of caution.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:13
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
electricjw is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

1.5g is a good starting dose for sure. Its always safer to be on the safe side, than take too much (5g) and never want to touch the shit again. However, it does depend on the quailty of the K you have, with good Maeng, 1.5g is a good starting point, but w/ weaker stuff you need more. Since you dont know the quailty of it, start @ 1.5g, then work your way up after the next day.

start small and work up. good advice
Old 03-05-2013, 15:31

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netizen View Post
I can feel great on a dose that low of the green malay that i buy.
Ill often just take 2 grams when i dont want to be floored, but i could certainly feel something on 1.5 grams.
I suppose it depends on tolerance and the quality of the kratom.
Even though ive been using kratom regularly for a while i can certainly still feel it at that low a dose.

If the Maeng Da was good quality then there is no reason someone with no tolerance should feel good effects.

5 grams of Green Malay could floor someone new to it. And i consider the Green Malay i buy to be just as potent as most Maeng Da ive bought over the years.
Old 05-05-2013, 17:01

Male from United States

Well I just tossed back 1/2tsp of powder and nearly suffocated/threw up but I managed to hold it in while I poured juice down my throat. I ate a little bit of food about an hour ago, but I'm hoping it wasnt enough to dull the effects. I'll post back here later with what happens

frogsaver added 131 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

That wasn't quite enough. I feel a slight relaxed feeling but that's it. Next time I'll double the amount and do it before eating

frogsaver added 1224 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

So I tried again about 45 mins ago, empty stomach and around 1 1/3 tsp which I think is around 3 or 4 grams . Well I'm not really feeling anything still, is it possible that since I take aderall(amphetamine salts around 22mg/day but I stopped taking it around 5 days ago)it's lessening the effects? I know kratom is used as a opioid substitute but I saw its also used as a meth substitute so would my aderall tolerance have an impact on the effects?

Last edited by frogsaver; 05-05-2013 at 17:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-05-2013, 17:13

38 y/o Male from Ireland

The Adderall wont affect it.
You need to get a digital scale, for all you know you are taking a tiny amount. Are you even using a measuring spoon?

Either you are taking too little, or you bought bad kratom.
If you bought it from a head shop or a 'legal high' site then thats your answer.
Or if you bought it from a bad vendor. There are plenty of terrible kratom vendors that only sell kratom, but they are easy to spot. They usually sell kratom in fancy packaging and capsules.
Old 05-05-2013, 17:40

Male from United States

I'm using a measuring spoon. I got a free sample after buying salvia from a vendor who sells a lot of kratom products. Its possible that its not good quality but he's got great reports from his free sample and I would assume if he was giving out free samples they'd be legit. But if it is bunk it was a free sample so it doesn't matter too much. I'll just do more next time, but I feel something I just feel like I should be feeling more. I'm relaxed ams feel chill but no euphoria. I think maybe I was expecting too much for a small dose so I'll up it but it might not be for another week depending on how busy I am tmro.
If I can find good effects and a cheap enough vendor then I will definitely buy more but as of now I'm looking for more effects.

frogsaver added 16 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Edit: As I stand up I feel it in my head, I've got a decent buzz going on I just could feel while lying down before. Next time I'll up the dose and I'm sure I'll get up there

Last edited by frogsaver; 05-05-2013 at 17:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-05-2013, 18:26
Titanium Member

My guess is you got really bad kratom. If you are really taking as much as you say you are then you shouldn't have to think about whether or not you are feeling the effects. Plus with maeng da I always get a powerful yet very short lived euphoria. The fact that you say you don't have any leads me to believe that it is of poor quality.

Quote:
Its possible that its not good quality but he's got great reports from his free sample and I would assume if he was giving out free samples they'd be legit
Thats not necessarily the case. Vendors can put any sort of review they want on their website, I mean it is THEIR website so they can choose what content they wish to put on it. Plus the thing with the free sample is that they could just be trying to push you to take ALL of it, as one free sample. Depending on the amount that could get any one fucked up enough to buy more, albeit very dangerous to assume on their part that every one of their customers could handle that amount.

Who really knows, but at 3 grams you should definitely not have to think about the effects, they should just be there, unless you have an unusually natural high tolerance for it. Definitely take a look at the kratom buying guide, which is stickied at the top of this forum, if you choose to buy more.
Old 05-05-2013, 18:31

Male from United States

Ya it probably just isn't good quality. My eyes are feeling really tired now but I think I would like it at higher dose next time I'll just take the rest.
Thanks for all the information, everyone has been very helpful
Old 05-05-2013, 18:34

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsaver View Post
I got a free sample after buying salvia from a vendor who sells a lot of kratom products. Its possible that its not good quality but he's got great reports from his free sample and I would assume if he was giving out free samples they'd be legit.
Were the great reports on their site by any chance?
If so then you can ignore them as they can post anything they want on their own site, the reports dont have to be from real people, and they are unlikely to post negative reviews.

Also if they are an ethno site, selling more than just kratom they might not have the best kratom, which might be why they are giving it away for free.
Old 13-05-2013, 23:25

Male from United States

I got it online, but it was most likely bad quality. I took the rest of it all at once and just got super tired. I'm for sure going to find a better supplier and get more and maybe some kava kava too

Last edited by Phenoxide; 16-05-2013 at 04:11. Reason: specifics omitted
Old 31-07-2013, 23:46

44 y/o Male from United States
Hit_bottom is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

My best friend..man he's been thru hell. Almost 5 years of opiates prescribed during the long arduous search for his pain. He finally found out he had AVN which is basically no blood flow to areas of the pelvis, hips and upper femur area. Only 44 and got two brand new titanium hips and after the last surgery on his left hip he was left with agonizing pain that no one (again) can find. He became absolutely maxed on hydrocodone, oxy, fentanyl and some others. Crazy high opiod tolerance. The surgeon blew him off and his regular doc has been helping but eventually had to refer him to a pain doc. This guy is ridiculous - maybe more on that later.

Problem is... my friend often runs short on pain meds towards the end of the month because he's had to take more than prescribed to fight his pain. His old doc was cool and would let him refill early but this pain doc is no way not at all like that. Extremely strict .. NO EARLY FILLS! And add to that the fact that last month when he when to the pain doc for the first time, pain doc slashed his opiods in half and added 5 mg of methadone. My friend was now in about twice the pain as before but, was gonna try. What else ..,right? Well friend ran short on meds 5 days before next visit but saw this coming and so I came here for help.

So getting to it here, I know this has been long. After reading around and especially here I decided my friend should order Maeng Da from this highly reputable online source. He did but he also knew he would have to go one day without anything to combat his withdrawal symptoms. I told what i had heard about methadone withdrawal. So he did a light robo-trip on that day and it worked fine. He had to stay in bed yeah... but it worked and he even felt Ok the next morning. The Kratom arrived just past noon and he was excited about this whole thing I had told him about. Not knowing really how much to take.., having a super high tolerance to everything else he first did half a teaspoon in some tea. It didnt really mix but he downed it anyway and said it didn't even taste that bad. This was on an empty stomach as well. After 30 minutes or so he stared to feel better. Slightly wired. About 2 hours later he was feeling some withdrawals come on and decided that having crazy tolerance he should take a little more Kratom. This time he went for a three quarter teaspoon and in another 30 min or so he was better again. He says it's been 5 hours altogether now and he feels a little wired still but a clean buzz. Able to work and get a lot done! I told him he was actually acting mellow even tho he claims he is buzzed but whatever... its fending off withdrawal until he sees his doc again.

Some of you guys seem to know a lot about how much to take, how often etc. What advice might I give him?
Old 29-11-2013, 22:14
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from Canada
xsiv1 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%

I would never consider telling someone new to Kratom to take 5 grams off the bat. Like others have said, it's best to start low and 1-1.5grams of a good quality Maeng Da should absolutely do the trick without causing adverse effects.
Old 29-11-2013, 22:54

22 y/o Male from Canada
PropaGanja is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Hit bottom, I don't know how high your friends opiate tolerance is but it must be fairly high if he uses fentanyl. Fentanyl seemed to raise my tolerance quicker than any opiate I've ever tried. I'm surprised your friend found that much relief from the Kratom. I've shovelled spoonfuls of the stuff into my mouth just trying to get some sleep while dope sick. If your friend wants to up the dose of Kratom I'm sure he'll be fine, just up it slow so he can avoid getting dizzy and nauseous.

Share this on:

Tags
beginners guides, kratom, kratom dosage, kratom dosage questions, kratom powder, kratom questions, maeng da, maeng da kratom