Notices

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 30-04-2013, 06:12

Female from United States
Girly is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
How to tell if someone is currently using or just a past user

Okay so I have never really been around a lot of drugs so bare with me. Someone in my family is always talking about how he used to have a problem with coke but doesn't anymore. But he still has that "twitch" if you know what I mean, probably from other drug use as well. My question is what are ways you can tell physically if someone is a current user vs a past user? I know the obvious ones but are there any tips or tricks?
Old 30-04-2013, 06:19
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 2,981, Level: 8 Points: 2,981, Level: 8 Points: 2,981, Level: 8
Activity: 29.8% Activity: 29.8% Activity: 29.8%
Re: How to tell if someone is currently using or just a past user

What are the obvious ones?
Old 30-04-2013, 06:24

Well for example I asked this somewhere else and all they told me was finding drug paraphanelia, dialated pupils, and anger which didn't really help. Sorry, like I said I don't know anything.
Old 30-04-2013, 06:28
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 2,981, Level: 8 Points: 2,981, Level: 8 Points: 2,981, Level: 8
Activity: 29.8% Activity: 29.8% Activity: 29.8%

Dilated pupils, lock jaw, loss of weight, extreme mood changes, sweating when there is no reason to be, loss of appetite. I was a 7 yr crack smoker. I have been clean for nearly 6 years but i got all kinds of weird tics and twitches from my dope smoking days.
Does he spend all his money real quick, is he gone for several days without contact.
What reasons besides twitches do you have to suspect he is using again

Last edited by Booty love; 30-04-2013 at 06:41.
Old 30-04-2013, 06:48
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%

Lots of experienced coke heads tend to hide the fact that they're high. They try to remain calm at all times because being hyper is the first thing people notice. They can focus on not locking their jaw, avoiding quick reactions, not moving too much, breathing normally instead of short breaths (short breaths are a sign of anxiety which is caused by coke), among other things. It takes full concentration to keep all these things in check but it's hard so they may forget not to lock their jaw for a minute, or forget to breath normally.

One thing that they cannot control is the dilation of pupils, sweating, the loss of appetite and therefore weight. They can however eat even if they don't want to, but they look like they're having a hard time swallowing and as if they were full already.
Old 30-04-2013, 08:53
Banned

Male from United States
ld1980 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Re: Re: How to tell if someone is currently using or just a past user

Quote:
I have been clean for nearly 6 years but i got all kinds of weird tics and twitches from my dope smoking days.
That is interesting. My bro in law smoked crack for years, 10 or so years ago, and my sister and I had come to the conclusion he was developing turrets (sp?). Its been getting worse year by year. Now he's actually went from what used to be mostly facial tics to making grunting noises almost every times he speaks. And I mean some weird sounds. Feel terrible for the dude sometimes. Does this sound familiar to your tics? Or I wonder if it may actually be turrets? Very indicative of long term brain damage if it is from the crack I would think.

ld1980 added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reef88 View Post
Lots of experienced coke heads tend to hide the fact that they're high. They try to remain calm at all times because being hyper is the first thing people notice. They can focus on not locking their jaw, avoiding quick reactions, not moving too much, breathing normally instead of short breaths (short breaths are a sign of anxiety which is caused by coke), among other things. It takes full concentration to keep all these things in check but it's hard so they may forget not to lock their jaw for a minute, or forget to breath normally.

One thing that they cannot control is the dilation of pupils, sweating, the loss of appetite and therefore weight. They can however eat even if they don't want to, but they look like they're having a hard time swallowing and as if they were full already.
Very good point. I, myself have become a master at the art of hiding side effects of narcotics. The hardest for me to hide was always the opiate nods though. Never really knew I was doing it until I was jerking my head back up, and people don't have to be astronauts to figure that one out.

Last edited by ld1980; 30-04-2013 at 08:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-04-2013, 17:19

I just wasn't sure how to tell tics from past use or current use, I had no other reason for suspecting he was using. I was mostly curious. Also what are "opiate nods"?
Old 30-04-2013, 18:06
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 728, Level: 4 Points: 728, Level: 4 Points: 728, Level: 4
Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girly View Post
I just wasn't sure how to tell tics from past use or current use, I had no other reason for suspecting he was using. I was mostly curious. Also what are "opiate nods"?
Opiate nods happen when someone takes a large dose of opiates/opioids, whether it be pain killers, heroin, orpium, etc. The user has difficulty staying awake. So you will see someone literally "nodding off" while sitting or lying down. They just seem to start to fall asleep and then jerk their head up as the return to a waking state. This happens over and over, and is usually uncontrollable by the user.

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine abuse, coke, drug user traits, how to spot a cocaine user