Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 24-04-2013, 01:27

33 y/o Female from United States
MissPlum is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can I detox off a high dose of methadone with Kratom?

Jen has been on Methadone maintenance for three years, she has been clean of all other drugs since she began MMT. She began to taper over the summer and has have a terrible time with it. Even tapering 2mg brings her RLS, sweats, and awful anxiety/irritablity. She has tapered from 180mg to 138mg only and feels like her goals are unattainable . She never seems to adjust to the next lower dose. She went to the dr for help with the anxiety and he gave her buspar which has not helped it the tiniest bit. She feels like with this taper she is like "pulling off a bandage super slow". Jen is looking into kratom as a tool to help detox, be it rapid detox or slow taper. Does anyone have any experience with this. Success? Has anyone used it for a rapid detox? She has only the intention of being a good mom and wife as a sober "adult in training" but feels that is impossible with the wd symptoms ever looming and snarling every time she tapers just a tiny bit.
What strain of kratom is the most sedating. Jen wants to use it to come off Methadone, but she would like to avoid any stimulating effects if possible as she feels even coffee seems to aggravate her anxiety.
Also, she is wondering how other people have dealt with the anxiety of a methadone taper. She will ask doctor about a prescription if anything has worked well for anyone else. The anxiety and irritability is making things hard for her family. She has two innocent kids and a virtuous husband who need her to be stable.
Jen is considering going cold turkey from 138mg. Maybe kratom can make this a possibility? Please share your experience and thoughts. Jen wants to be free of the pink junk. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your time.

Post Quality Evaluations:
A good question which relates to the situations of many on this forum.
Old 24-04-2013, 01:55
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,868, Level: 21 Points: 21,868, Level: 21 Points: 21,868, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: Can I detox off a high dose of methadone with Kratom?

Bali Kratom, also know as Red Vein Borneo kratom seems to be the type that most people trying to switch from opiates, or to help with withdrawals seem to have the most success from.
Red veined strains are the most sedating in general, but Bali seems to be the most effective for withdrawals.

I would recomend reading the Guide to buying kratom thread, as where you get your kratom from will make a big difference in terms of quality, and also cost.
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=200101

From what i have read and from talking to people who have had success with using kratom it seems that there is a big difference in what works from one person to the next, and there are different methods that different people find effective.

Some people find that kratom helps when tapering off opiates, or methadone.
The way that seems to me to be most effective is to try and slowly taper down from the methadone and to start using kratm only when the withdrawal effects start to get too much, and only then to use the minimum amount of kratom to reduce the withdrawal effects but not to get high from.

This will take a bit of experimentation.

You might want to start with 5 grams of kratom.
How you take it depends on yourself, but i recommend you take it on an empty stomach, for best effects.

You can toss and wash it, which is basically weighing out the kratom, pouring it into you mouth and taking a few mouthfuls of water/juice to help it down.
You can mix the kratom into some juice or a smoothie and drink it.
You can mix the kratom into some sauce like apple, i find pesto works great to mask the taste and testure.
You can make kratom tea by boiling the kratom in a pot with some water and a good squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Then strain out the powder/leaf and drink in one.

It is important to keep in mind that kratom can be addictive, however most people would agree that it is a far easier addiction to maintain and to taper from than other opiates.

Try to keep the dose as low as possible. You might feel the urge to raise the dose, but if you can get a small dose to keep the withdrawals at bay then remember the purpose of taking it is to get you off the methadone and stick with it.

You might be able to taper from the methadone until you are down to a small amount and then simply switch to kratom and stop the methadone altogether, or you might find that the kratom helps to take the edge off the withdrawals from the taper and you can combine them successfully.

If you do find that kratom helps with the withdrawals then try to leave as long as possible between your dose of methadone before taking it so that your tolerance starts to drop.

Like i said, there is no specific method to do this successfully, it will require you to experiment with doses, but it has been done, and i know that kratom has probably saved many people from a life of maintenance therapy and addiction.

Make sure to weigh your kratom and keep a diary of your use. If you feel you can reduce the dose of both then go for it, always keep in mind that the goal is to get off the methadone, you can take it as slowly as you need to.

Kratom can be addictive, but many people who have been addicted to opiates find it is easier to taper from. Ive quit kratom several times and i have found that a slow withdrawal can bypass almost all the bad withdrawal symptoms.
Thankfully i have never been an opiate addict, but im sure that for most people, providing they dont just switch addictions by abusing kratom, they will find kratom a walk in the park.

Most importantly is getting a good source.
There are plenty out there but they are outnumbered by people out to make a quick buck on the back of kratoms ever increasing popularity.

Keep us updated.
I wish you all every success.

Very, very informative and to the point.
Old 24-04-2013, 02:00
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

There's another user who tried to jump off methadone to kratom. He did a thread on it here. However, he wasn't successful in doing it and I believe became addicted to both. But the thread still might be worth a read.

Good luck.
Old 24-04-2013, 02:56

Female from United States
bake is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I went through a semi-similar situation just recently. I was addicted to Oxycodone 80mg ER and Oxycontin 30mg IR. I was taking upper 200mg between the both of them a day for several months. I decided to go cold turkey instead of tapering. I have tried several brands of Kratom including Herbal Salvation, Captain Kratom Platinum, Captain Kratom, Super Natural Mange Da, Super Natural Thai, and several Floories brands of kratom like Snark, Goritto, Gragon, and Jackacock (I know funny names) . The two floories brands (Also the cheapest in store brands) with the most relaxing effects were the Goritto and the Gragon. They only come with four 1/2 gram capsules in a package but it definitely had a calming effect and helped with the RLS. You want to stick to the Red Vein strains of Kratom. The Gragon is all Red Vein. The best Kratom that helped with RLS and irritability was the Captain Kratom Platinum. It works best in quantities of eight and when taken with grapefruit juice. I know it sounds like a lot but the active dose is 2-4 grams and they're half gram capsules. The package comes with about 27. You can buy Kratom online in larger quantities, it is more expensive but if it works for you (like it did for me) then it's worth it. Saint Johns Wort is a vitamin that helps with the depression and you can buy it in your local food store. Potassium vitamins help greatly with RLS also. I used all of these things and I have been narcotic free for two months
Good luck. If you have any questions about Kratom (Where to purchase it, what ones online work best etc) then please let me know.

Its against the rules to discuss vendors. Even through PM.
I approve. This post is informative and helpful.
Old 24-04-2013, 07:44
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 855, Level: 4 Points: 855, Level: 4 Points: 855, Level: 4
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

Bake good to hear that it worked for you and that you are off the oxys. But good quality kratom wont have weird names for it such as the ones you've listed in your post, and especially arent part of any brand (eg captain kratom). I'm not trying to be rude, I'm glad they worked for you, but those "legal high" brand kratom's are pretty garbage. Some of those are cut with lots of other plant matter other than kratom.

To the OP. If you're smart and listen to Ianzombies advice, then you should be good. Definitely read the kratom buying guide that he linked in his post. Its very helpful, and with just a little bit of research, should yield you a quality vendor. Like I said, the kratom you buy shouldn't have a brand name. Good vendors will just label it as "Bali", "Green vein thai", "Red vein sumatran", etc. A lot of sites will also try selling their kratom with labels such as 'premium grade', 'super grade', what-have-you. In my opinion this is just a ploy to get you to spend more money on similar quality (if not the same) product; others may disagree. But the vendors I have used with success just sell one grade of every strain.

Best of luck to you. Let us know what you think.

Informative and helpful.
Old 25-04-2013, 02:00

33 y/o Female from United States
MissPlum is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

Thank you for your replies. It's nice to get some feedback.
Old 26-04-2013, 16:54
Silver Member

Male from United States
Netizen is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1

I've heard that Loperamide can be helpful for taking the edge off opiate's physical withdrawals. It's technically an opiate itself used as an antidiarrhoeal, but it doesn't cross the brain blood barrier (impossible to get high) so it's over the counter. It won't help with the cravings or mental symptoms but it'll replicate the bodily functions of methadone that you've become addicted to.
Old 30-07-2013, 10:00
Titanium Member

35 y/o Male from Netherlands
Evert is captain of the psychonauts.Evert is captain of the psychonauts.Evert is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

How is Jen doing now?
Has she tried kratom yet?
Does she still takes methadone?
While tapering, how often did she decrease the dose?

The difficulty in adjusting to a new dose suggests the brain may be low on nutrients that are needed for adapting.

She may want to look into nutrients to help with restless legs, anxiety and irritability. Magnesium deficiency can cause all of those, but there can be other causes as well.

Leafy green vegetables provide magnesium.
Magnesium chloride can be used as bath salt or made into a spray to use on the legs.
Magnesium citrate is an affordable from to ingest that is well absorbed.

Unrefined sea salt has trace minerals that are removed from refined salts.
Eating or supplementing with sea vegetables, like kelp or dulse, can give some minerals that aren't found in plants grown on land. Kelp is high in iodine, that keeps the metabolism going, making it easier to loose weight.

Eating fats and proteins from healthy animals is needed for normal brain function.
The amino acids from protein can be converted to neurotransmitters in the brain. This process is dependent on magnesium and b-vitamins. Egg yolks and liver are the best sources of b-vitamins.

A good place to start to learn about how to use food to improve the health of the whole body, including the brain is:
Pam Killeen - Addiction, the hidden epidemic

Share this on:

Tags
detox, kratom, kratom for opiate withdrawal, methadone, methadone withdrawal, tapering