Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 20-04-2013, 15:22

Male from United States
56tfc needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Can diphenhydramine show up in a dxm test?

Well i get screened once a week for dxm. I pay 50 dollars for this test, and its a urine test. They send it to a lab and 1-2 weeks later I get the results. I went and got some diphenhydramine i was wondering if that would bring up dxm in my system or if the test I am taking already screens for diphenhydramine.
Old 20-04-2013, 15:28
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: Can diphenhydramine show up in a dxm test?

What test is it?

Why would you want to take diphenhydramine?
Old 20-04-2013, 15:35

Male from United States

Idk i thought maybe you all would know. I pay 50 dollars for it, they send it into the labs. I have no clue bout it at all. Idk what it test i just know that dxm is on the test. I want to take it to find its recreational value to myself. I heard it was a painfully interesting pycho so I thought id give it a try. Oh and if anybody was wondering the half life for dxm is 3 days.
Old 20-04-2013, 15:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.
Points: 287, Level: 2 Points: 287, Level: 2 Points: 287, Level: 2
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

Diphenhydramine can result in a false positive for benzodiazepines, tricyclic antidepressants, PCP and sometimes even methadone.

So there is a chance it could trip your DXM test too, as DXM sometimes also triggers a preliminary positive for PCP.
Quote:
Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) - false positives for benzodiazepines, PCP, tricyclic antidepressants (Reference: 45)

Benadryl (Diphenhydramine) - false positives for PCP (Reference: 24, 62 and 65)

Kelner MJ. Positive diphenhydramine interference in the EMIT-d.a.u. assay. Clin Chem. 1984; 30:1430. Letter.

Possible False Positives Triggered:

Diphenhydramine, especially at high doses, has been reported to cause false positives for Benzodiazepines (such things as Xanax or Valium) 1. The false positives occur using the screening-type tests (sticks, cups, etc) but confirmatory tests using GC/MS and other more rigorous techniques should clear any false positive. Other sources list Diphenhydramine as a possible source for false positives for PCP2 and tricyclic anti-depressants3.
This would normally not be a concern, as diphenhydramine is an over-the-counter drug and as such is legal. However, you are being tested for DXM which indicates a propensity to abuse over-the-counter drugs and probably concern on the part of some professionals or other. Since that is the case, consuming large amounts of any otc drug will probably count against you for whatever reason, as people who abuse otc drugs at a young age commonly suffer from underlying mental illnesses related to depression, antisocial thinking and behavior, isolation/alienation and all those fancy words for thinking that life sucks.

Probably better not to take the diphenhydramine in this case and also for all the other reasons why you shouldn't abuse diphenhydramine (because it's a dangerous deliriant with potentially detrimental effects to your health.)

Willyzh added 3 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Perhaps you will begin to ask yourself why you are drawn to "painfully interesting psycho(active drugs)" when there is so much else life has to offer, especially if you are (possibly) a young developing mind and body? But that is another topic.

Last edited by Willyzh; 20-04-2013 at 15:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-04-2013, 15:54

Male from United States

I took dxm for bout 3 months straight, and I am still recovering 2 months later. But for some reason I honestly cant understand myself, I just don't want to be here sometimes. That is why i do them well id do more pot, but its to expensive in my country county. Everything else scares the shit out of me except, psycho's they have a special place. They make me feel at home I guess.
Old 20-04-2013, 15:57

Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute

A three month drug binge means you need six months of rest. Lay off EVERYTHING for a good long while.

Also there's no such thing as "psychos" please use proper terminology. You do understand that delerient anti-histamines are not psychedelic?
Old 20-04-2013, 16:12

Male from United States

I know I probably need rest, I'm trying just not my hardest. It doesn't matter if it's a anti-histamine or not , it's the effects that matter. Makes me mad when people say "why do dxm it's couch medicine?" Really it doesn't matter, it could be a do-nut with the right kind of glazing. I really don't care its the effects of it ,that matter, cause down to the bottom of it all of its just chemicals. Sorry i used the wrong terminology, I real didn't think i'd get jumped over a slang word for a drug, on a drug website, my bad.

56tfc added 6 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

*cough medicine

Last edited by 56tfc; 20-04-2013 at 16:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 20-04-2013, 16:19

yeah, but DXM has more then a tiny handful of positive reports. DPH has terrible body effects and generally makes people crazy/miserable. Go read through the DPH forum for a bit, it's pretty pathetic.

Slang is actually against the rules here, this is an international forum and slang rarely means the same thing town to town, let alone on different continents. And making sure you know what you are doing is what we are here for. You would be surprised at the stupid ideas people get in their heads.
Old 20-04-2013, 16:27

Male from United States

Sorry bout using slang, I wont anymore. Is it 100% useless or is there some value?
Old 20-04-2013, 16:42

In my mind, useless, there's a few others who disagree, but I don't particularly find those people to be the brightest crayons in the box. Some of the worst horror stories we've seen come from DPH abusers, like the guy who thought his dad was going to rape him because DPH made him sweat out sexy hormones and how selfish his dad was for asking him to stop taking DPH. Yeah, that sort of fucked up drug abuse.

But what you clearly need to do is not rely on one person to tell you what is what, but to do your own research, we have an entire forum dedicated to delereient anti-histamines, go do some reading.
Old 17-11-2013, 02:24
Mercury Member

19 y/o Female from USA - New York
lovethatdrug needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

No they don't test for diphenhyramine in a DXM test. I have taken 400mg diphenhydramine the day before my test for DXM. It won't bring up DXM.

Share this on:

Tags
dxm