Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-04-2013, 03:53
Mercury Member

21 y/o Male from United States
PloyO needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Meth capital of the US?

So I have done a ton of research on this topic but can't come up with a solid #1 contender.

So far I have fresno ca, portland or, riverside ca, san diego up there in contention.

So in your opinion, which city in the US has the most accessible, cheapest, most potent meth in the US? Basically, where is it most ''main stream''.

How popular is it in LA?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good job creating a thread that generated informative answers about an interesting topic.
Old 19-04-2013, 03:55

23 y/o Female from United States
Red leaves is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Meth capital of the US?

Idk about Capitol, but kentucky is a big state full of it.
Old 19-04-2013, 04:50
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

From what I've learned... Portland, Southern California, Phoenix, and Atlanta.

As far as production goes, California, Oregon, Missouri, Nebraska, and Georgia are right up there... Among others of course, but these are the States I see pop up the most in a discussion related to this topic.

There is so many different factors though. i.e. Users, production, quality, how much is seized etc...

Plus people always give the answer of the ONE place they know there is a lot of meth, and disregard the fact that they know nothing about meth in other cities. Which is dumb... People never consider the other side of the story.

From what I've learned... I'd have to say Portland is meth capital. I'm sure it has less addicts or meth than the other places I mentioned, just because it's a smaller city then those places. But per capita, I'm sure they are all about equal. If one is more meth oriented than another, it's really hard to tell, there probably is no feasible way to get that answer other than living in each of those cities and getting deeply involved in the meth scene. Any other answer is just based off of police stats, or what people write online. I've done tons of research on this topic, but all my answers are just speculations made on my findings.

I'd say Portland just because of it's history with meth. That's really where it all began, and spread out from there. It's also affected the city in a noticeable way from what I've heard. I've read that property crime related to addicts has gotten really bad in some areas.

To answer your question at the end there... Yeah meth is big in LA - In straight numbers, and as well as per capita. Straight numbers obviously... In straight numbers, LA is big in everything haha. So populated.

You may as well have titled this thread, "Meth Capital of the World", and the answers would all end up being the same

Here in Canada, meth capital would belong to Vancouver. Calgary is up there too... But the greater Van area is chock full of it. Cheap, and high quality. Which works out perfectly for me, a meth addict living right outside of Van ... Toronto is big for it too in some places, but same deal as LA, it's just too big not to have a meth scene.

Great post, always bringing intriguing topics and arguments to the table. Favourite DF poster :)

Last edited by CanadianBakin; 19-04-2013 at 18:15.
Old 19-04-2013, 05:23
Mercury Member

Thanks, bake. Can always count on you in sensible meth-related topics. But from what I've heard, portland, as we know and as you have stated has been ''meth capital'' in the past. And in being so I just wonder how much they have cracked down on it there. Then again, with the high amounts of addicts created it obviously still has a high amounts of drugs coming in (via mexico and southern california). With that said, wouldn't the mexican meth coming in be more expensive then, say, LA? Just a thought
Old 19-04-2013, 05:27
Silver Member

Male from United States
Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.
Points: 281, Level: 2 Points: 281, Level: 2 Points: 281, Level: 2

I read it was Vancouver, Washington, USA.

I think Portland is the worst from what I have seen.

Phoenix AZ was pretty bad 15 years ago, not sure what it's like now.
Old 19-04-2013, 09:17
Silver Member

Male from United States
Sagerox99 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1

My body :P But in all seriousness, I'd say Portland. Oregon and California have an abundance of the stuff, if you have the cash
Old 19-04-2013, 17:57

25 y/o Male from United States
Roll1N should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7%

Yeah, I'm from SoCal and Meth is pretty big here.
So many damn tweekers!

But lots of people say Portland, OR is just as bad if not worse..

"SoCal" there is no such state in the USA,.. International forum, please don't use non-standard abbreviations.
Old 19-04-2013, 18:25
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PloyO View Post
Thanks, bake. Can always count on you in sensible meth-related topics. But from what I've heard, portland, as we know and as you have stated has been ''meth capital'' in the past. And in being so I just wonder how much they have cracked down on it there. Then again, with the high amounts of addicts created it obviously still has a high amounts of drugs coming in (via mexico and southern california). With that said, wouldn't the mexican meth coming in be more expensive then, say, LA? Just a thought
Hmm, no I think meth coming in from Mexico would be cheaper, because it would be of poorer quality. I'm sure all transportation costs and what not are offset by transporting very large quantities of it. This is what I'm assuming anyway. Mexican drugs are usually known to be poorer quality. I know that this is how it is for marijuana. USA still gets a lot of it's marijuana from Mexico. They have shit weed haha, but it's much cheaper. USA can just as easily grow it's own top notch shit, or import it from Canada, but more expensive.

One thing I know is that the States are able to produce higher quality meth than Mexico. I mean, that has to be true... So there is no other reason for importing from Mexico other than cheap prices, and I know USA does import a lot from Mexico, even though there is tons of production in the states... There is a massive demand for the shit though lol. I'm sure we even get Mexican meth here in Canada from time to time. Nearly all meth here though is produced locally, and I assume we get some from you guys as well... Both my current dealers pick up directly from a chef, which is good... By the time coke gets to Canada it's been through a few people at least, and probably gets stomped on by each of them... That's the thing with coke or heroin, your country needs a certain climate to grow it and produce it. You can't just grow coca leaves in Canada haha... But meth, meth you can make anywhere. Which is likely the reason it is much cheaper than coke or heroin in USA and Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyzh View Post
I read it was Vancouver, Washington, USA.

I think Portland is the worst from what I have seen.

Phoenix AZ was pretty bad 15 years ago, not sure what it's like now.

Well, I'm sure if a city had a meth problem at one point, it likely always will :P unless all the tweakers in the city got together and said "Hey guys, c'mon let's clean up our act!" hahaha.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:08
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

Population obviously has alot to do with it. i live in Arkansas and it, along with Missouri are pretty ramped with meth. I was born and raised in savannah ga and when i left in 2003, i had never done meth or even knew anybody that had done it, and i was in several drug circles. It just wasnt in the city, i just thought it was something only hillbilly country folk did. I think now its popular in savannah but not at all while i lived there.
Old 19-04-2013, 20:12

25 y/o Male from United States
Roll1N should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3 Points: 383, Level: 3
Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty love View Post
Population obviously has alot to do with it. i live in Arkansas and it, along with Missouri are pretty ramped with meth. I was born and raised in savannah ga and when i left in 2003, i had never done meth or even knew anybody that had done it, and i was in several drug circles. It just wasnt in the city, i just thought it was something only hillbilly country folk did. I think now its popular in savannah but not at all while i lived there.
People usually count percentage wise though.

Example, if Arkansas had 100 total people and 30 of them smoke meth, that would equal to 30%.
If California had 200 total people, and 60 of them smoke meth, that also equals to 30%.
So that would be considred a tie.
Old 19-04-2013, 21:48
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll1N View Post
People usually count percentage wise though.

Example, if Arkansas had 100 total people and 30 of them smoke meth, that would equal to 30%.
If California had 200 total people, and 60 of them smoke meth, that also equals to 30%.
So that would be considred a tie.
Did you just give me a lesson in 5th grade math?lol. Im not that old. I understand we are talking %'s. what criteria does a city have to meet to become a certain type of drug, capital of the usa or even the world??
Old 20-04-2013, 06:33
Back From the Big House

Male from Australia
Docta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,597, Level: 14 Points: 9,597, Level: 14 Points: 9,597, Level: 14
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty love View Post
Population obviously has alot to do with it. i live in Arkansas and it, along with Missouri are pretty ramped with meth.
This statement seems to ring true with the meth lab stats for the USA in 2012, its easy to mistake localized population demand for high per-capita drug abuse.

A density of use may give the impression of a "Meth Capital" but that does not necessarily equant to a capital point that is disseminating out to a wider community. The suggestion of Portland may be from the view of ease of access inside this localized density of population that I made mention of; The meth lab stats actually support Oregon over Missouri as a "Meth Capital" when it comes to availability of supply, whereas they support Missouri as a capital point hub for manufacturing demand for that area.

A total of (9) meth labs were taken in Oregon last year compared to (919) in Missouri, knowing the high demand in both locality's we can assume that meth is so abundant in Oregon that users have no motivation to make there own. The one pot SnB meth product seem in Missouri and Tennessee is a clear case of supply being out striped by demand.

I think we can say that meth abuse is on a par between the areas Oregon/Missouri, but Portland is a standout contender for the tittle of Meth Capital with a situation of it being so plentiful that a meth head can't be bothered cooking there own.

Meth Lab Busts 2012

Very informative
nice chart!
Very useful
well illustrated analysis of data
Attached Images
File Type: png Meth Lab Busts.png (313.1 KB, 527 views)
File Type: gif states USA.gif (25.7 KB, 527 views)
Old 20-04-2013, 06:38
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from United States
SilverStars is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

It's not the meth capital, but Northern California near Oregon ..that area has a crap load of meth. I've heard Missouri has the biggest problem as well as Hawaii.
Old 20-04-2013, 07:23
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.
Points: 1,374, Level: 5 Points: 1,374, Level: 5 Points: 1,374, Level: 5
Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6%

My pet turtle said that it depends upon the criteria. Without that he can only tell you what he has observed. If it's per capita it's very likely going to be some small backwoods country town in Missouri or Tennessee with possible usage rates as high as 35 to 45%. If it's by shear volume it's most likely a border town, Phoenix is not located directly on the boarder, but turtle has a good idea that's where the weight is. My turtle disagrees about poor quality coming from our neighbor to the south. He said that purity levels in his area have risen with their product over the last few years. Where as they have quickly filled the void left by precursor restrictions enacted where turtle tweeks and are now supplying 80% of available product. Lab bust are the effect of these restriction and not indicative of usage. Where one large lab used to supply much of the local demand, it now takes 100 snb to attempt to supply that demand. Turtle said that these numbers are mostly speculative and his opinion other than the 80% his brown bothers to the South supply. Turtle says that speeding is essentially the same as it always has been, just suppliers have changed. That no longer is it as safe as going to Billy Bob's, now he is much more concerned when dealing with loco taco.

nice observations
Old 20-04-2013, 07:34
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
crystal methodist is a decent psychonaut.crystal methodist is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

God, a few years ago phoenix was blowing up(literally) from all.the meth. Now you just don't hear about it, everyone is crying over spice and weed. Seattle is notorious for meth pills
Old 20-04-2013, 14:06

Female from USA - Colorado
gofastgirl should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Denver and Colorado in general i think ..i lived in albuquerque for a while and am comparing it to THAT ..just my opinion tho
Old 20-04-2013, 23:09

22 y/o Male from United States
gmaster needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6%

Detroit with its 200,000 abandoned buildings is basically a cheap drug petri-dish
Old 21-04-2013, 01:14
Mercury Member

For the record, I didn't mean that meth from mexico would be cheaper. I just meant I thought the mexican meth in portland would (possibly?) more expensive in portland then it would in say, los angeles simply because they have to travel more to get it up there. Though that might not be entirely true.
Old 20-05-2013, 11:42
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
bipolarcortney is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

Living in AZ my whole life we called it valley of the "spun" its pretty bad but has improved. Now im in Washington two hours north of Seattle on a island and let me tell you never in my life seen so much meth run threw the streets! But I lived in D.C. and meth was very far and few. So it all depends on the culture.
Old 20-05-2013, 12:06
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from USA - Texas
ZeroAIC is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I would have to say (if it had to be a city) Los Angeles. My family uprooted and moved from Southern California to Texas while I was in school just because a person couldn't even feel safe walking the streets with a CD player on. Yes people have been mugged or killed for something as cheap as a CD player in plain sight. Kansas was a eye opener for me also, I realized how a seemingly small hard working town could hide such a big dark side with meth.

I wish you would have said towns instead, because the places that had the most, and biggest hardcore meth-heads were usually the small town secluded areas of mid America. In my opinion at least.

totally correct its not the states is the town or citys one should ask of
Old 20-05-2013, 13:01
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United States
bipolarcortney is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

Totally agree ZeroAIC, I live on a small beautiful island in northern Washington where everyone waves hello. But 70% do meth and heroin is big here to but this small tourist town is meth head central.
Old 03-07-2013, 16:49

24 y/o Male from United States
Sevthx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Az is pretty big with meth. Apache junction was the capital for meth at one point.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:18

Male from United States
Wanderingmind is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 151, Level: 2 Points: 151, Level: 2 Points: 151, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBakin View Post
Hmm, no I think meth coming in from Mexico would be cheaper, because it would be of poorer quality. I'm sure all transportation costs and what not are offset by transporting very large quantities of it. This is what I'm assuming anyway. Mexican drugs are usually known to be poorer quality. I know that this is how it is for marijuana. USA still gets a lot of it's marijuana from Mexico. They have shit weed haha, but it's much cheaper. USA can just as easily grow it's own top notch shit, or import it from Canada, but more expensive.

One thing I know is that the States are able to produce higher quality meth than Mexico. I mean, that has to be true... So there is no other reason for importing from Mexico other than cheap prices, and I know USA does import a lot from Mexico, even though there is tons of production in the states... There is a massive demand for the shit though lol. I'm sure we even get Mexican meth here in Canada from time to time. Nearly all meth here though is produced locally, and I assume we get some from you guys as well... Both my current dealers pick up directly from a chef, which is good... By the time coke gets to Canada it's been through a few people at least, and probably gets stomped on by each of them...
u acually belueve the carteks are able to produce better quality product thier laws are not as tightlt enforced so better equiopment and more effecient precursors are easily available as well as experienced and usually "trained" chemists I think you're morr accurate in your latter statement the more a product with out quality control is handled in often sub standard conditions purity and potency will be decreased

Wanderingmind added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I meant that I believed the cartels produced better.

Last edited by Wanderingmind; 04-07-2013 at 08:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-07-2013, 11:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Female from United States
Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.Venusia probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4 Points: 834, Level: 4

Just moved to OR, and there is no shortage of clear it seems. It's unlike any other place I have seen in over a decade. In the early 2000s in AZ, the availability was there, but the product was not as clean or lasting. At least that is what I've been told...
Old 04-07-2013, 17:02
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
dankhead88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Areas surrounding Atlanta for sure. However, in west side Atlanta, it's more of a heroin and cocaine/crack capital. As far as manufacturing goes, I feel that most of the stuff probably comes from Mexico, since pseudoephedrine has been regulated and whatnot. Mexican methamphetamine has been known to be pretty damn pure due to the funds being used by drug cartels to make large labs and extorting or bribing large sums of money to Mexican pharmaceutical companies to get several tons of pure pseudoephedrine for their clandestine manufacturing in their labs with lab grade chemicals with methamphetamine almost ranging in the 80 percent range and then smuggled across America for sale and distribution. I've learned all this in the news and documentary.

I also knew a lot of Mexicans in my job. Someone I knew back in my old job at a bakery, was not particularly a person looking for a job, but rather uses the restaurant job as a front. At least he stopped his old "job" and started living as a regular Joe. He's young and has kids. He needs to think about his future and his kid's future. Young Mexicans(not generalizing) that make money like that are arrogant, but not really bad people. Just young and arrogant.

Share this on: