Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 18-04-2013, 04:14
Palladium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Michigan
SublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPACSublimeTrip must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,949, Level: 9 Points: 3,949, Level: 9 Points: 3,949, Level: 9
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Picking at face while high on heroin?

I'll try to make this thread short because there is simply not much to say. This doesn't happen to me all of the time but when it does it's really bad.

Sometimes when I do Heroin I will stand in my bathroom looking into the mirror and compulsively pick at my face. It's not actually picking, it's more like squeezing at bumps like how you would pop pimples. I assume they are most likely imaginary, and I am usually completely conscious and aware of the fact that I am doing nothing but harm and yet I can't seem to stop. I don't understand why I do this.

~Does anyone know why this happens to me periodically?

~Has anyone else experienced this same sort of problem?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

-Peace
Old 18-04-2013, 04:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Picking at face while high on heroin?

i also do this when i do heroin.

firstly i have some acne and get pimples and black heads on my face. when i take heroin i will sometimes do start popping pimples and then it will get compulsive like you described where i might have a pimple that is not ready to be popped and is more of a slight bump and i will try and pop it. some oil will come out and if i continue it becomes a scab.

i also have some acne on my back and find that if i try and pop what i think are pimples there i can really get some big scabs.

personally heroin tends to give me energy, ill use and than clean my room, do things that i usually put off, groom myself. this will sometimes lead to me to start popping zits and the combination of heroins pain killing effects and energy to do things can lead me to start trying to pop what i think are pimples ( more than likely they are the beginning of a pimple or something similar that would go away if not irritated) and ill use a lot of force and have some oily stuff come out and than eventually blood. if i let it get out of hand i have gotten some pretty bad scabs from this.

not sure why, boredom, compulsion exacerbated by heroin, numbed pain which would normally be to much if sober. it could have something to do with the itchiness heroin causes and scratching and picking at zits and could be something caused by the combination of having to itch yourself and the compulsion people who have acne have to pop their pimples.

i have also done this to my scalp. i would be scratching my head and mind myself digging my nails into my scalp and starting to pick at it to the point where it would scab over.

like i said depending on the dose i use heroin stimulates me a lot, if i use at night i dont sleep, if i use during the day i get all kinds of stuff done to the point where ill try and find anything tedious to do, a few weeks ago i sharpened my knives for hours, different grit stones, honed the edges, removed the burr to the point where they would take hair off my arm like a razor.

obviously if i did a larger dose i would just nod out in front of the television, but when i did a mid to larger dose these compulsive effects were felt.

i also noticed a few times i picked at my scalp really bad to the point where is scabbed over.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you so much for your reply. You basically described exactly what I do. Glad to know I'm not alone.
Old 18-04-2013, 14:37
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Can't say this is something I have noticed in relation to heroin. I do tend to pop spots prematurely myself and often use tissue paper to get more grip but if you do this you have to be careful because it tends to make abrasions much more likely than if you were to use your hands or surgical gloves alone (I only use surgical gloves for the big ones).

It's quite gross (as they say in the US) but there is nothing quite like popping one of those huge spots and it exploding, well they're usually called boils as opposed to spots, zits or pimples because they are much larger. I recall having a large boil in the side of my upper thigh and it was very painful, I had had enough and decided to pop that fucker. Even the slightest amount of pressure was excruciating but I gritted my teeth and popped it, it exploded but oh! the relief!
Old 18-04-2013, 16:15
Titanium Member

48 y/o Female from USA - Michigan
carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.
Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I used to pick at my face when I was taking too much oxy. Being prone to cystic acne, instead of leaving it alone I would pick and make it so much worse. I think maybe being due to having excess nervous energy from opiates made me do this. It left me with some ugly scars too. I even lowered the bulb brightness in the bathroom to make myself stop compulsively picking.
Old 18-04-2013, 16:29
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Jack Charles needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Doing drugs a lot fucks up your head. End of story.

Jack Charles added 4 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

I know when I would do opiates though I would scratch my face solo bad and then when I came out of the haze my face would look like it was sun burnt because it was so red from me scratching the shit out of it. But it wasent only my face I would just scratch the shit out of everywhere, especially my nuts if nobody was around.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Inconsiderate one-liner.
That's super interesting

Last edited by Jack Charles; 18-04-2013 at 16:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-04-2013, 17:23

24 y/o Male from United States
GuerillaT needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Now that I think about I do sometime pick at my face and do the pimple thing, but I am just itching in general after smoking some good H it seems like that way with any opiate to be honest. Maybe it is just me but opiates in general make me itchy.
Old 19-04-2013, 18:14
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5 Points: 1,517, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaT View Post
Now that I think about I do sometime pick at my face and do the pimple thing, but I am just itching in general after smoking some good H it seems like that way with any opiate to be honest. Maybe it is just me but opiates in general make me itchy.
It's not just you, it's a very very common side effect and I expect it's caused by a histamine release. Some people get so horribly itchy from morphine and codeine (basically a morphine pro drug) that they are allergic to it. The itching can be mild or it can be severe, for mild itching that isn't a big deal then nothing needs to be done, if it's moderate and annoying then an antihistamine can help mediate it but if it's severe and extremely annoying or even debilitating then the drug or medicine should generally be avoided.

Codeine for example can't be injected because it can cause such a massive histamine release that it's potentially fatal.

Last edited by Solinari; 19-04-2013 at 18:20.
Old 19-04-2013, 19:50

24 y/o Male from United States
GuerillaT needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solinari View Post
It's not just you, it's a very very common side effect and I expect it's caused by a histamine release. Some people get so horribly itchy from morphine and codeine (basically a morphine pro drug) that they are allergic to it. The itching can be mild or it can be severe, for mild itching that isn't a big deal then nothing needs to be done, if it's moderate and annoying then an antihistamine can help mediate it but if it's severe and extremely annoying or even debilitating then the drug or medicine should generally be avoided.

Codeine for example can't be injected because it can cause such a massive histamine release that it's potentially fatal.
I used to have this problem bad when I would snort a line of coke and vaporize weed right after I felt itchy, sneased like crazy, runny nose, very unpleasurable....

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, side effects