Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cocaine & Crack
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 15-04-2013, 04:54
Silver Member

Male from Canada
WhatHappened is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
daily cocaine use resulting in bloated stomach etc

I'm physically fit, i had 6 pack abs. Very suddenly after about using coke for about 6 months i started getting a distended stomach. I researched it and it was difficult to find anything. I really need advice please, and thank you.
Old 15-04-2013, 05:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
Yappcd is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: daily cocaine use resulting in bloated stomach etc

Go to a doctor could be anything hopefully you aren't having liver issues.
Old 15-04-2013, 05:12
Palladium Member

40 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
I'm physically fit, i had 6 pack abs. Very suddenly after about using coke for about 6 months i started getting a distended stomach. I researched it and it was difficult to find anything. I really need advice please, and thank you.
You haven't given many details here for us to go on. I'm a bit confused, are you saying that you have only just noticed your stomach has got bigger, has it been gradually getting bigger over the last few months or has it expanded within a few days?

I doubt whether anyone can really give you an answer on this one, as trying to diagnose this over the internet would be practically impossible, but think about anything you have been doing differently lately. Is there anything you have been eating or taking that also might have caused this? How have your eating habits been? Are you in any pain or discomfort?

I have never heard of cocaine causing anyone to be extremely bloated, which makes me think there is another cause here, especially as you state you have been using cocaine for 6 months now. If cocaine was going to cause you any worrying health problems (other than the usual it causes) then I am sure the problem would have reared its head a lot earlier than after 6 months.

If you are seriously worried or in any pain (you don't state if you are in pain or not) then please seek professional medical advice immediately.

Last edited by source; 15-04-2013 at 06:00.
Old 15-04-2013, 06:27
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Thanks guys. I have a doctors appointment at the end of the month. My stomach started bloating out 6 months ago as it has been a year now that i've been using. I read that if you swallow air which is what i do when i use then that will bloat you. The change in my appearance is a little disturbing, i mean i can eat whatever i want and i was always lean. I can't believe this is not common?
Old 15-04-2013, 15:04
Silver Member

Male from Spain
RoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,336, Level: 8 Points: 3,336, Level: 8 Points: 3,336, Level: 8
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

I'm afraid it may indicate a bigger problem, such as a liver or heart issue.

You must remember, cocaine is a highly adulterated drug, and regular use of unknown quality product is a gamble.There literally isn't anything they wouldn't add to make more money.

Go to the doctor, and make sure you get it checked out.Also, it's very important that you also tell him about your use, or he won't be able to make the right diagnosis.

Robo

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point about adulterants and regular use being risky. Clear and precise reply for OP.
good reminder about being honest with your doctor
Old 15-04-2013, 15:55
Palladium Member

source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline

Quote:
Thanks guys. I have a doctors appointment at the end of the month. My stomach started bloating out 6 months ago as it has been a year now that i've been using....

...The change in my appearance is a little disturbing, i mean i can eat whatever i want and i was always lean.
Your stomach started bloating out 6 months ago? Crikey that's a long time to leave it before getting things checked out; I also take it that you are not in any pain or discomfort because it has been quite a few months now.

I can only second what Robo has said, and to also advise that you are completely honest with the doctor about your cocaine use over the last year. Is there any way that you can get in to see the doctor earlier? It's still quite a long time until the end of the month, and if you are 'disturbed' by your appearance then an earlier appointment would definitely be a bonus to reduce any worry you might have.

Try to stay positive, fingers crossed all goes well when you do see the doc. As always, please check back in to the thread and let us all know of any updates.

Old 22-04-2013, 04:59
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Hi Robo and Jelly, than you very much for your answers. I will be completely honest with the Dr and post what he says. One thing though, i think i maybe i'm bloated due to all the air i take in when i'm using. I learned that you can become bloated from swollowing air, mind you the change in my abdomin has been drastic. Any thoughts?

Thanks for updating us on your course of action. Please check back and let us all know the outcome.
Old 22-04-2013, 05:10
Silver Member

Male from United States

Look I don't want to scare you but I was starting to bloat. I did not pay attention for about four months and finally I decided that I should get it checked out. By the way, I also felt that I was swallowing air but if that were the case it would find it's way out. Anyway, I went in and had a CT scan and bam -- Stage II Colon Cancer. Man stop trying to figure it out on the internet go an see a doctor.

Direct and to the point. Symptoms like this should not be ignored.
Old 25-04-2013, 11:29
Palladium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappcd View Post
Look I don't want to scare you but I was starting to bloat. I did not pay attention for about four months and finally I decided that I should get it checked out. By the way, I also felt that I was swallowing air but if that were the case it would find it's way out. Anyway, I went in and had a CT scan and bam -- Stage II Colon Cancer. Man stop trying to figure it out on the internet go an see a doctor.
Sorry to hear that, couldn't have been easy for you. Just shows how important it is that people get themselves checked out if they have any ailment that they are seriously concerned about.
Spending time on the interwebz trying to self-diagnose doesn't do anybody any favours in the long run, you can diagnose yourself with countless illnesses, and by the time you pluck up the courage to go see a doctor it could very well be too late.
It amazes me how many people post on DF expecting some random drug user to know exactly what is wrong with them...

Thanks for staying on top of this, some just don't listen to good advice.
Old 13-06-2013, 21:26

Male from United States
chef123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Hey just wondering what happened at the doctor? My friend Tony Montana has a similar story, started using daily, and slowly he started bloating too and putting on weight, especially a round basketball type belly, where he never had before...
but my doctor checked him out and said it is just fat, and suggested dietary changes, (and of course recommending stopping the habit)// I am still convinced it has to do with the "Yale" but I think more along the sense of Cocaine slowing the metabolism or something like that. I know the opposite maybe true for short term, but it just seemed to be related.
Coke used to make him go #2 right after the 1st line, but since regular use, everything changed, and now he is even constipated a lot.
Anyway, hope you are ok, would like a follow up. Cheers and God Bless.
Old 18-06-2013, 05:12
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Hey guys thanks for your replies. My blood tests were fine but the Dr. is sending me for a scan. Yappcd, may i ask was your colon cancer due to the coke?

Thanks for the update, please keep us infomred.
Old 18-06-2013, 07:04
Silver Member

Male from United States

First off stop, don't try to connect your using with your stomach bloating. I know it's hard but more than likely it is not connected. My story was interesting because usually colon cancer does not start showing symptoms until stage III or IV. However, I had developed some sort of irritation opposite to the tumor on the colon's wall that was causing minor spasms. That in addition to bloating caused me to see the doctor. I lost my father to this disease when I was 7 and he was 35, my grandmother, his mother, died at 55. My sister had it at 36 and two aunts on my father's side both had it but survived. My cancer is due to a hereditary disorder which is called Lynch Syndrome and I am now under constant monitoring. However, I am cancer free and have been for close to two years. Therefore, the answer to your question is probably no but no one really knows what triggers these cells to start their growing process. If you don't have a family history and you are under the age of 50-60, I would not worry. However, getting colonoscopies every five years after 50 would not be a bad idea. Chill out and enjoy life but it is good that you decided to go to a doctor. All the best.
Old 10-08-2013, 19:44

Male from United States
hiptotrip is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

so what in the end caused your bloating. i actually have the same thing happening to me. i have really bad acid reflux and also hiatal hernia too. although it runs in the family no one else seems to have the bloating. i will say when i take large prescribed doses of ppi pills for acid reflux the bloating calms down. so im thinking it really is that. the coke just aggrevates. although i cant be sure what it actually does i know its not good. wonder if you determined what cocaine atually does to your gut thoug after seeking medical help?
Old 10-08-2013, 21:58
Silver Member

Female from United States
scholastica probably knows what they are talking about.scholastica probably knows what they are talking about.scholastica probably knows what they are talking about.scholastica probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 537, Level: 3 Points: 537, Level: 3 Points: 537, Level: 3

If it was only air it would be expelled. Trapped air from constipation is quite painful. If the doctor does not take it seriously, blows you off, or attributes it to just fat I suggest you push for more of a work up. People usually are not surprised by weight gain from fat, unless they are estring in their sleep, even then, it would be hard not to notice food disappearing.

Anything from constipation, malnutrition, to cancer and tons of stuff in between. Please take it seriously and let us know.

Wishing you well
Schola
Old 12-08-2013, 23:09
Titanium Member

20 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Craig_93 is captain of the psychonauts.Craig_93 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2 Points: 256, Level: 2
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Quote:
Hey guys thanks for your replies. My blood tests were fine but the Dr. is sending me for a scan. Yappcd, may i ask was your colon cancer due to the coke?
Probably a stupid question which you've been asked before but have you been drinking heavily, or at all when using? People always said to me when I was a once a month drinker that al;cohol was fattening. Until I started working out, eating properly and drinking more I never believed it. Now I know for a fact it is!

I really hope all is well with your health my friend!
Old 04-09-2013, 17:33
Silver Member

Male from Canada

Hey guys, thanks for your interest, i apologize for not being around. I missed my Doctors appointment and couldn't get another until this Friday. Anyhow i'm almost positive the bloating is due to air intake. I know my body very well, i used to fight as a amatuer boxer. I was a lean 155 to 165 lbs all my life and so was my father. I've deviated slieghtly up or down from that average very rarely. I'm in the worse shape that i've ever been in, at the moment i'm 169lbs. I never drink btw.

Thanks for the update.

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, cocaine and health, health concern, long term cocaine use