Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 15-04-2013, 02:36

28 y/o Female from United States
Seedypearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%
Is Oxycodone hydrochloride the same as OXYCONTIN/ROXI'S?

Is a Oxycodone hydrochloride 20 mg (round,gray K57 imprint) the same as a blue roxi 30mg or a green 15mg? Is Oxycodone hydrochloride the same as OXYCONTIN or ROXI's? Are these all the same..? I am not talking about the OP's.. Also wondering if the pill I mentioned above is smokable like the blue 30mg ROXI'S are. Thanks!
Old 15-04-2013, 02:43
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute
Re: Is Oxycodone hydrochloride the same as OXYCONTIN/ROXI'S?

Um, no, it's not the same as Roxi 30's or 15's, cus, well, it has 20 mg of oxycodone in it. It took my all of literally 3 seconds to type "gray k/57" into Google and find the answer. OxyContin is an extended release form of oxycodone. Roxicodone is immediate release oxycodone. I don't know about smoking them but if the 30's are smokeable than these would be as well.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 15-04-2013 at 02:44. Reason: add pic
Old 15-04-2013, 03:03

28 y/o Female from United States
Seedypearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
Um, no, it's not the same as Roxi 30's or 15's, cus, well, it has 20 mg of oxycodone in it. It took my all of literally 3 seconds to type "gray k/57" into Google and find the answer. OxyContin is an extended release form of oxycodone. Roxicodone is immediate release oxycodone. I don't know about smoking them but if the 30's are smokeable than these would be as well.

I guess I was just confused because when I looked it up, I would see OXYCONTIN (Oxycodone hydrochloride)
And Also when I google the Roxi 30's they come up as OXYCODONE too. I am confused on the diference.

Seedypearl added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedypearl View Post
I guess I was just confused because when I looked it up, I would see OXYCONTIN (Oxycodone hydrochloride)
And Also when I google the Roxi 30's they come up as OXYCODONE too. I am confused on the diference.

AND OBVIOUSLY the MG's are different. That is not what I was asking, but I appreciate the remark.

Last edited by Seedypearl; 15-04-2013 at 03:03. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-04-2013, 03:39
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

oxycodone is oxycodone, there are just different brand names such as oxycontin ( oxycodone in a tab that is mixed with other ingredients which slowly dissolve and make oxycontin release a small amount of OXYCODONE as the pill slowly dissolves as it is made to do, often refereed to extended release) roxicodone (an instant release tab which is designed to dissolve all at once or in a very short period of time) is just another tab that contains oxycodone.

the same confusion is applicable to different hydrocodone pills, vicoden, loratabs, whatever, they all contain hydrocodone, and acetaminophen/tylenol.

its no different than brands of mouthwash, aside from the way some are made to release small amounts of oxycodone over longer periods of time, they all contain oxycodone as the active ingredient.
Old 15-04-2013, 05:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
SWIMclub is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

SWIM would like to inquire as to whether the time-release version has the same effect as the immediate version if SWIM was to crush it and snort it; Is the time-release simply a matter of how long it takes for the tablet to digest if swallowed, or is the active ingredient also somehow encapsulated?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 15-04-2013, 05:43
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

No, they have totally different effects. ER pills are not as strong. Ive taken 40mg er and 40 ir, and they were worlds apart. I wouldnt recommend snorting, just chew and swallow. At least till you build up a tolerance. Save the more powerful ROA's for another time.
Old 17-04-2013, 22:22
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty love View Post
No, they have totally different effects. ER pills are not as strong. Ive taken 40mg er and 40 ir, and they were worlds apart. I wouldnt recommend snorting, just chew and swallow. At least till you build up a tolerance. Save the more powerful ROA's for another time.
a 20 mg ER tab contains the exact same amount of oxycodone as a 20 IR tab the difference is that if both are swallowed whole the ER tab is going to slowly release small amounts of oxycodone over an extended peroid of time, whereas the IR tab would dissolve and the entire 20 mg would be introduced into your system all at once.

the same is true with many other drugs such as adderal. the 20 mg ER tab of oxycontin can be crushed (at least used to be able to easily, the new design makes it much harder to crush and make the ER tabs into a powder that can be put into your system the same way in IR tab would) into powder and would produce the same effects as instant release tabs.

im just trying to point out that both IR and ER can contain the same amount of the drug the difference is simply in the design and ingredients of the pill.

Share this on: