Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 14-04-2013, 05:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
Netizen is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1 Points: 79, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Portable kratom doses

Here's a tip for those of you who want to take kratom with you on the go. Get a set of dime size coin tubes (Amazon sells them cheap) and fill them with pre-measued kratom doses. They are plastic with a screw on cap that doesn't leak. Each tube holds about 7-9 grams of kratom but you can buy larger tubes (such as for pennies or nickels) for larger doses. Keep them in your pocket for dosing whenever.

An additional tip is that the dime size tubes are also the same diameter as a tums tablet. If you leave a little extra room, you can fit a few tums in there to potentiate your kratom.
Old 14-04-2013, 07:56
Mercury Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Lokiisagod needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Re: Re: Portable kratom doses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netizen View Post
Here's a tip for those of you who want to take kratom with you on the go. Get a set of dime size coin tubes (Amazon sells them cheap) and fill them with pre-measued kratom doses. They are plastic with a screw on cap that doesn't leak. Each tube holds about 7-9 grams of kratom but you can buy larger tubes (such as for pennies or nickels) for larger doses. Keep them in your pocket for dosing whenever.

An additional tip is that the dime size tubes are also the same diameter as a tums tablet. If you leave a little extra room, you can fit a few tums in there to potentiate your kratom.
Lmfao. Wait, Calcium Bicarbonate potentiates Kratom? Are you sure?
Old 14-04-2013, 17:20
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
myspoonistoobig is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Portable kratom doses

Thanks for the tip in was just looking for a way to store a small daily dose. Busting out a sandwich baggy filled with powdered green herbs looks a little suspicious at work

And I have never heard of tums potentiating kratom or any opoiods. The only proven OTC potentiators I have heard of for opioids is grapefruit juice or dxm.
Old 14-04-2013, 17:42
Mercury Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myspoonistoobig View Post
Thanks for the tip in was just looking for a way to store a small daily dose. Busting out a sandwich baggy filled with powdered green herbs looks a little suspicious at work

And I have never heard of tums potentiating kratom or any opoiods. The only proven OTC potentiators I have heard of for opioids is grapefruit juice or dxm.
Same here. Maybe Diphenhydramine.
Old 14-04-2013, 17:46
Silver Member

Male from United States

I can't post links but just google tums and kratom/opiates and you'll find plenty of information. I thought it was pretty common knowledge.

I'm not saying it's effective, I'm only repeating information I've read elsewhere. Supposedly by taking an antacid before you take an opiate less alkaloids will be destroyed in the stomach and more can be absorbed by the intestines.
Old 14-04-2013, 18:08
Mercury Member

Quote:
I can't post links but just google tums and kratom/opiates and you'll find plenty of information. I thought it was pretty common knowledge.

I'm not saying it's effective, I'm only repeating information I've read elsewhere. Supposedly by taking an antacid before you take an opiate less alkaloids will be destroyed in the stomach and more can be absorbed by the intestines.
You're confused. They mean drugs like Tagamet, Prilosec or Nexium. PPIs. Proton Pump Inhibitors. Not antacids.

Post Quality Evaluations:
including a link to a relavent thread would have brought you positive rep here, help guide people to correct information where they can read it for themselves.
Old 14-04-2013, 21:08
Silver Member

Male from United States

No, I'm not. I mean typical antacids. It's a different mechanism than Cytochrome P450 inhibition. Although the antacid effect of Tagamet may ultimately cover both aspects.

A google search will prove that tums are a commonly used potentiator for kratom and opiates. Take a second to research before you go calling people out.
Old 14-04-2013, 21:55
Mercury Member

Quote:
No, I'm not. I mean typical antacids. It's a different mechanism than Cytochrome P450 inhibition. Although the antacid effect of Tagamet may ultimately cover both aspects.

A google search will prove that tums are a commonly used potentiator for kratom and opiates. Take a second to research before you go calling people out.
I wasn't calling you out. Simply stating what I know. I'm not sure there is much, if any, interaction between Calcium Bicarbonate and Kratom. Do you believe everything you see on the internet? Because I have this peice of ocean front property...

Lokiisagod added 10 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

A google search brought up quite a bit about Kratom and Tums. For nausea... I'm not calling you out. I'm not trying to be a Dick. But misinformation can confuse or even hurt someone. I would advise YOU to do some research.

Last edited by Lokiisagod; 14-04-2013 at 21:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-04-2013, 22:03
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,597, Level: 16 Points: 12,597, Level: 16 Points: 12,597, Level: 16
Activity: 10.2% Activity: 10.2% Activity: 10.2%

Nifty idea, Netizen.

The potentiation by calcium carbonate would simply reduce ionization->elimination of alkaloids present by raising stomach compartment pH - theoretically raising the total amount of available drug to be absorbed. It's a distinct mechanism compared to enzyme inhibition, though the vast majority of pharmaceutical enzyme inhibitors are formulated with agents to raise pH, as Netizen suggests. Of course, grapefruit juice does not achieve this pH effect - solely enzyme inhibition.

FYI: Tums contain calcium carbonate, not calcium bicarbonate.
Old 14-04-2013, 23:14
Mercury Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
Nifty idea, Netizen.

The potentiation by calcium carbonate would simply reduce ionization->elimination of alkaloids present by raising stomach compartment pH - theoretically raising the total amount of available drug to be absorbed. It's a distinct mechanism compared to enzyme inhibition, though the vast majority of pharmaceutical enzyme inhibitors are formulated with agents to raise pH, as Netizen suggests. Of course, grapefruit juice does not achieve this pH effect - solely enzyme inhibition.

FYI: Tums contain calcium carbonate, not calcium bicarbonate.
What you're describing would have a miniscule, almost insignificant effect. It's essentially calcium. Would drinking milk do the same? Come on, there Science and then there's Psuedo-Science.
Old 14-04-2013, 23:39
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,597, Level: 16 Points: 12,597, Level: 16 Points: 12,597, Level: 16
Activity: 10.2% Activity: 10.2% Activity: 10.2%

Lokiisagod,

With all due respect, there's a reason people use Tums: they have acid indigestion. It's effective not because it has calcium in it, but because it presents a carbonate group - which reacts with gastric HCl to generate CaCl2 and, eventually, CO2+H2O. This is not pseudoscience, it's extremely basic (ha!) acid/base chemistry and ADME.

Your comparison to milk is inappropriate, as calcium isn't the active agent in Tums. However, the fat content in milk can influence the absorption of other drugs - though not likely kratom alkaloids, as they've more polar moieties than most psychoactive alkaloids.

I agree that the potentiation won't be profound - but the efficacy of any antacid in potentiating any alkaloid would be a function of the acidity found in the stomach, which ranges between individuals. So, it won't have a titratable and predictable effect - but to suggest that the effect will effectively be nil is categorically inaccurate.
Old 15-04-2013, 00:52

48 y/o Male from United States
webshack is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Also see this for portable doses.
Old 16-04-2013, 01:29
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokiisagod View Post
What you're describing would have a miniscule, almost insignificant effect. It's essentially calcium. Would drinking milk do the same? Come on, there Science and then there's Psuedo-Science.
It reduces the acid at first but since the body can be incredibly dumb sometimes, the body will jump up acid production after. So really neither TUMS (sodium carbonate) or milk is that great of a treatment option unless you constantly take it.

The theory behind sodium carbonate is that by lowering the PH in the stomach, the ingestion of said opiate (who knows if this actually applies to kratom or not) has a better absorption rate. This is true with amphetamines but I haven't actually seen any science that backs up the fact that TUMS/Baking Soda actually increases absorption on the opioid/kratom side. Though there is plenty of user reports that claim it works.

Of course if someone is using sodium carbonate followed by cimetidine (Tagamet) they will end up countering each other as cimetidine depends on stomach acid for absorption.

Quote:
cimetidine ↔ calcium carbonate
Applies to: cimetidine, Tums Extra Strength 750 (calcium carbonate)
Oral antacids and some aluminum, calcium, and magnesium salts may decrease oral H2 blocker plasma concentrations. The mechanism may be related to reduced gastric absorption and bioavailability due to acid-neutralizing effects. Data vary and the clinical significance has not been clearly established. It is recommended that H2 blocker be administered one to two hours before one of these preparations.
For on the go dosing I just pack around a pill bottle (filled with kratom capsules) in my car.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom dose, kratom potentiating, traveling with drugs