Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 12-04-2013, 21:48
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%
Kratom now illegal in Arizona?

Here very recently a friend told me that when they had went into a smoke shop to purchase some spice that the owner said there was no more because it is banned under some analogue law. He saw the list and put on the list was kratom. Supposedly if you are caught with kratom now in Arizona because of this anti (research chemical) law then you face penalties worse than if possessing methamphetamine.

I have done a lot of searching and research since I had heard this so I could post about it but have some answers. I cannot find anything about this being true or not. This guy said he told me so that I didn't get popped with something that I use and think is still legal.

If anyone has information or can find out if this is true, I would really appreciate it *I mean REALLY appreciate it......like give up my body.......sorry, in a good mood until this news. Thank you in advance and I am not going to be lazy either, I will keep looking for an answer and report if I find one.
Old 12-04-2013, 22:21
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 728, Level: 4 Points: 728, Level: 4 Points: 728, Level: 4
Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7% Activity: 7.7%
Re: Kratom now illegal in Arizona?

I dont know if this is true. I havent heard anything about it, or read about it on any kratom information sites. I doubt that a smoke shop is a reliable source for this kind of information. Possibly they were selling kratom that was laced with some sort of research chemical; a practice that led to a few ODs in Sweden not too long ago.

I hope your information is bad, but I cant say for sure. All I can say is that I have yet to hear about it, nor is it on a website that keeps up to date information on kratom news.
Old 12-04-2013, 22:32
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
crystal methodist is a decent psychonaut.crystal methodist is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Not exactly sure about kratom, but, just recently a law was passed that bans all spice products in Arizona. There tactics of illegalizing things is pushing more and more people towards illegal drugs.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Extremely good point about people being pushed towards illegal drugs. Also making nice people into "criminals".
Old 12-04-2013, 22:42
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

I could only find one thing and I can't link to it because it would be considered a source, but it says that yes, kratom is legal in AZ.

I'm pretty sure you'd know because sites would say that they don't ship to AZ. Does anyone know if sites will ship to IN or not? I know it is illegal in IN.
Old 12-04-2013, 23:13
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Follow up, someone who works for a company that sells kratom online as a higher up in the workplace had told me that kratom is NOT illegal in Arizona. I asked him if I can still purchase and enjoy it and he said yes, that there is no law banning kratom in Arizona.

So, I take this source as extremely reliable, enough for me for sure. Kratom can be shipped and possessed still in Arizona.
Old 13-04-2013, 10:52
ianzombie ianzombie is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Just be careful. Just because someone will send drugs to your state it does not mean they are legal. I would look for a better source to clarify the law than a vendor, after all its not them that will get in trouble for sending it, but the person who ordered it.
Old 15-04-2013, 15:10
Palladium Member

Thank for pointing out considering I am obviously naive enough to not question as I should.
It's true that you cannot just trust certain companies to tell the truth.

By any chance do you know how I can find that information? I don't know how to find the answer and this is after hours of research.
Old 18-11-2013, 16:38
Alfa Alfa is nu online
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,472, Level: 41 Points: 82,472, Level: 41 Points: 82,472, Level: 41
Activity: 47.0% Activity: 47.0% Activity: 47.0%

Has this ever been clarified?
Old 18-11-2013, 16:50
Titanium Member

Male from United States
JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 583, Level: 3 Points: 583, Level: 3 Points: 583, Level: 3
Activity: 16.4% Activity: 16.4% Activity: 16.4%

I own a smoke shop in Phoenix and have been selling Kratom for a while. I have had plenty of police officers in my shop for various reasons and a few who have actually asked about Kratom. None of them ever gave me any problems.

Usually when something like that gets banned we get some sort of notice in the mail from the city stating that there will be penalties for selling whatever product that they have banned. But I suppose that's not iron clad proof that it isn't illegal. I have not seen any laws stating that it is illegal though.

And as far as Spice goes, the law is a blanket ban and is extremely vague and has many grey areas. There are many shops here that still sell it under the name "potpourri" and have had no legal issues. I myself don't understand it at all, but that is Arizona for you...

Hope that helps some!

JKS

Thanks for the information, personal experiences always helps.
Thank you for verifying the legal status of kratom in your state.
Old 18-11-2013, 17:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

It's a shame, I'd hate to see this become a reality, especially country-wide.
I guess this is a part of the aftermath from the explosion of research chemicals and overdoses,
the laws related to drugs become more strict and seem to get a bit desperate while all drugs become further generalized as dangerous.

Anyways I'm not gonna get too off-topic, JustKeepSwimmin's post was helpful but some documentation regarding the matter would help clear it up. I suppose that'd be hard to find especially if it were not true, but knowing whether this is true or not could be a possible indicator of a federal ban in the future.
Old 18-11-2013, 17:52
Titanium Member

Male from United States
JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.JustKeepSwimmin probably knows what they are talking about.

I've been searching my hardest to find some official documents reguarding this but....nothing. Only things I find are old speculative news reports that it could possible get banned in the future.

There are many Kratom product manufacturers here in Arizona that I frequently talk to as well. Since they are in the Kratom business they tend to stay on top of their laws. I have had a few conversations with different manufacturers reguarding the subject. A while back I had the impression that Kratom wasn't going to be legal for much longer, but every one of these different manufacturing aquaintances assured me that Kratom in Arizona was not going anywhere. I trust these people as reliable resources, however, it still is not iron clad proof.
Old 21-11-2013, 15:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
ericmst18 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

So far I've heard on the news that, "Federal agents say they are seizing Kratom shipments at the borders and testing it" I could see some US states ban the substance soon, only a matter of time before it goes National which would suck
Old 21-11-2013, 16:03

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmst18 View Post
I could see some US states ban the substance soon(
Indiana and Tennessee already banned it.
If you can find any reports on this please post it in the news forum.
Thanks
Old 21-11-2013, 16:49
Banned

Male from United States
RelaxForMe needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I can't find any information that would suggest kratom is banned In arizona.
Old 21-11-2013, 16:52

39 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Amazing Jeans should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmst18 View Post
So far I've heard on the news that, "Federal agents say they are seizing Kratom shipments at the borders and testing it" I could see some US states ban the substance soon, only a matter of time before it goes National which would suck
Why is it only a matter of time before it goes National?
Old 23-11-2013, 08:03
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Jeans View Post
Why is it only a matter of time before it goes National?
Because you have these moronic shops selling Kratom right next to research chemicals and being promoted in ways that's going to get it banned quick.

For instance a gas station over here has a product called "buzz gum" that supposedly contains kratom; implying it gives you a buzz is just asking for law enforcement to step in. I really can't think of a more destructive product name.

That's just an example I have of how Kratom is being promoted as plant that makes you high. Another poster here heard a Kratom ad on the radio that implied it makes you high and makes you feel great.

These kinds of promotions are going to push Kratom into schedule I in the US. It's really not a matter of if it's just a matter of when it will be banned. You can thank all the scum out there trying to make a quick buck off of promoting it as the latest legal high.

very good points about kratom being sold similar to research chemicals
Old 23-11-2013, 10:57

39 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Amazing Jeans should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I hear you DiabolicScheme, I have read all that you mention on this forum but that type of stuff like Kratom being sold next to Research Chemicals has been going on for a long time and nothing has changed, maybe I am optimistic/naive but I don't see anything changing any time soon.

I'm in England and to be honest Kratom here is still very much a mostly un-heard of substance even among people that take drugs regularly.
Old 23-11-2013, 11:30

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Jeans View Post
Kratom being sold next to Research Chemicals has been going on for a long time and nothing has changed
Just look across the Irish sea, kratom was banned here for that very reason. It can and does happen.

Good point about possible future bans on Kratom.
Old 23-11-2013, 17:45

Male from USA - Utah
joem597 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

It really pisses me off when head shops or vendors package kratom similar to spice and other research chemical containing products, I just moved to SLC Utah a few months ago and there has been no problem with kratom, yet. I saw a report just two days ago on the news that was talking about the "spice epidemic" in Utah. Along with some of the pictures of seized spice there was a package of kratom. Now this just steamed me beyond belief. Last thing we need is for it to be categorized with that shit. Im going to start stocking up to be safe but its likely to happen soon. USA is bann happy, and society will believe these lies from uneducated reporters rather than doing research themselves about the product in question. All it takes is two stupid people to get this started, An idiotic shop owner who sells it like its a drug, and some dumb ass kid to go out and get sick, freak out and tell the media he almost died. I will write my local government and express my concerns for this unneccassary panic. Of course I will wait until this actually starts as to not bring attention to it if its not there to begin with. We can all help this stuff stay legal by not buying it from headshops and supporting this. The more local sales begin to happen, the sooner some dipshit will either over do it or sell kratom laced with RCs and get it banned. Please do not buy from headshops (kratom at least). I do not tell anyone about this wonder herb so I can help keep attention off it. As long as we try our best to keep it away from kids and not support these local shops profiting from marketing this stuff as a drug, The process may be slowed down and when or if it happens, we will feel good knowing we did what we could to protect it. Be safe everyone.
Old 23-11-2013, 20:52
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from United States
Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.Cousin Merle is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2 Points: 249, Level: 2
Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0%

I agree that if kratom gets banned, it will because it is often sold alongside research chemicals and will get lumped together with them. That's why I encourage everyone who uses kratom to not support head shops that sell research chemicals along with kratom - buy your kratom from an ethnobotanical store or website, or a website that exclusively sells kratom.

please mind the rules about other forums

Last edited by Alfa; 23-11-2013 at 23:52.
Old 23-11-2013, 21:14
Titanium Member

Male from United States

I can understand concerns about kratom being lumped together with other products containing RC's. However, I don't agree with the people who think that kratom should be kept a secret and that attention should be drawn away from it. In my opinion, they are only making kratom look worse, like some secrative drug that should be kept underground so strictly you guys can enjoy it. That is selfish in my opinion. There is one reason why kratom is being lumped together with RC products: LACK OF EDUCATION!

"Don't tell anyone about kratom or else they will ruin it for us!" That is what I interpret these statements to be.

The fact is that kratom IS a legal high. The fact is that kratom WILL be abused by stupid kids unless properly educated.

I believe we should bring MORE attention to kratom. With this attention should be EDUCATION. Educate the people about how kratom actually works and how it, just like all other drugs, should be used responsibly. Education is the key to understanding all of our fears and conquering them.

By coving up kratom and avoiding conversations about it, you are denying people from the proper education that they deserve in order to use kratom products responsibly. By keeping kratom a sercret, in a sense we are regulating it just like the government would be doing if they banned it. EDUCATION, NOT REGULATION!

I hope this gives some people a new outlook on the situation. Sorry for de-railing the topic.

JKS
Old 23-11-2013, 21:26
Banned

Male from United States
RelaxForMe needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKeepSwimmin View Post
I can understand concerns about kratom being lumped together with other products containing RC's. However, I don't agree with the people who think that kratom should be kept a secret and that attention should be drawn away from it. In my opinion, they are only making kratom look worse, like some secrative drug that should be kept underground so strictly you guys can enjoy it. That is selfish in my opinion. There is one reason why kratom is being lumped together with RC products: LACK OF EDUCATION!

"Don't tell anyone about kratom or else they will ruin it for us!" That is what I interpret these statements to be.

The fact is that kratom IS a legal high. The fact is that kratom WILL be abused by stupid kids unless properly educated.

I believe we should bring MORE attention to kratom. With this attention should be EDUCATION. Educate the people about how kratom actually works and how it, just like all other drugs, should be used responsibly. Education is the key to understanding all of our fears and conquering them.

By coving up kratom and avoiding conversations about it, you are denying people from the proper education that they deserve in order to use kratom products responsibly. By keeping kratom a sercret, in a sense we are regulating it just like the government would be doing if they banned it. EDUCATION, NOT REGULATION!

I hope this gives some people a new outlook on the situation. Sorry for de-railing the topic.

JKS

I understand your point fully . And i do tell those i deem fit to understand it's medical and recreational benefits about the plant.

But a lot of people will take it the wrong way. imagine telling your parents , Oh i take this opiod because.... Whatever reason.

I don't see it going well unless you have a major medical condition. and you can apply that to people who just

Don't understand kratom
Don't care about what kratom does
Have hysteria over any kind of drug ,Especially given it's category.

I feel like kratoms Ultimate saving grace is that no one has ever died from it.

That didn't keep marijuana from being made illegal but it is making a huge comeback.

Banning marijuana made it more popular than ever before if you've done any reading.

Prohibition never works. and I don't feel like people are bothered by kratom existence enough to start banning it.

It's an underground thing.

And it's getting on my nerves when people start calling it a legal high either way. If kratom is a " legal high " then so is caffeine.

They're just such weak " highs " that i think it has a lot more potential as a coffee replacement, painkiller replacement than it ever did as a alternative to getting drunk, or cocaine , heroin , etc... .
Old 23-11-2013, 21:44
Titanium Member

Male from United States

People have actually died from overdose on UEI(Ultra Enhanced Indonesian) which is a kratom concentrate. Kratom also is not an opioid.

But I do understand the ignorance that will be an obstacle when trying to educate people. But in time I think it will get easier just like the stigma against marijuana has slowly but surely started to vanish due to education about the plant. The same can be done for kratom is done properly.
Old 24-11-2013, 13:48

38 y/o Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKeepSwimmin View Post
People have actually died from overdose on UEI(Ultra Enhanced Indonesian) which is a kratom concentrate.
I have never heard of kratom in any form being responsible for any deaths. Please add a link to the report in the news section.
The only deaths i am aware of where kratom was present was where the person had also taken other drugs which were more than likely to blame, or the case of 'krypton kratom' which was actually a product that contained caffeine and O-desmethyltramadol where several people over dosed and died.
Old 24-11-2013, 18:57
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thunderkat59 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1
Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7%

I am aware of only Indiana and Tennessee outlawing Kratom so far, but as it gets more well known, its almost a given other states will follow. It's a shame because I feel it can truly enhance ones quality of life in a totally safe and sane way. Im not Miss Cleo, but I see in the future big pharma lobbyists and uptight "family value" politicians getting on board with a ban. I hope it can stay under that radar for while while the press and the usual people focus on bathsalts and that kind of stuff.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom ban, kratom ban us, kratom legality