Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 06:10
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
SemiCharmedLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Burning after injecting crystal?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't catch it because I'm new. Today, I was injecting crystal in my wrist. I know for a fact I didn't miss at first, but then I got a burning sensation that went up thru my palm and I couldn't finish the shot. Some of it I did miss but that was from the burning pain and I moved it some. I've been slamming for almost 5 years so I know when I miss. This has never happened to me before. So, my question is...has anyone ever had this happened to them and if so what is it?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:15
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
ebkstlouis is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%
Re: Burning after injecting crystal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiCharmedLife View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't catch it because I'm new. Today, I was injecting crystal in my wrist. I know for a fact I didn't miss at first, but then I got a burning sensation that went up thru my palm and I couldn't finish the shot. Some of it I did miss but that was from the burning pain and I moved it some. I've been slamming for almost 5 years so I know when I miss. This has never happened to me before. So, my question is...has anyone ever had this happened to them and if so what is it?
Did you get it from a well known source? If not, have you tested it to make sure it's the real deal as they say? Filter it at all? Most users will be able to help you more if we know these things.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please do not quote entire posts in your replies. it is of no benefit & clogs up the server.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.
Points: 287, Level: 2 Points: 287, Level: 2 Points: 287, Level: 2
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

Quote:
Today, I was injecting crystal in my wrist. I know for a fact I didn't miss at first, but then I got a burning sensation that went up thru my palm and I couldn't finish the shot.
Quick lesson on arteries vs. veins:

Arteries-Away from the heart. Veins- Towards the heart.

If you shot into your wrist and it went to your palm, guess what you shot into? I wasn't there, but I'd say an artery.

If you hit a vein like you were supposed to, the drugs would go to your heart, like they were supposed to.

There's no reason for drugs to go to your palm at all, and from what I have heard, allergic reactions (histamine release from foreign substances in the blood) can be very noticeable there (itching, perhaps burning feeling).

Last edited by Willyzh; 05-04-2013 at 07:54.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:49
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shot into your wrist and it went to your palm, guess what you shot into? I wasn't there, but I'd say an artery.

If you hit a vein like you were supposed to, the [AUTOLINK
drugs[/AUTOLINK] would go to your heart, like they were supposed to.\
I shot it towards my heart but the burning pain went thru my whole hand. I figured I probably hit an artery

SemiCharmedLife added 3 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebkstlouis View Post
Did you get it from a well known source? If not, have you tested it to make sure it's the real deal as they say? Filter it at all? Most users will be able to help you more if we know these things.
Yes, I got it from the same connect I've been getting it from. I always taste it first to make sure it is the real deal and it was. I did filter it, I always filter my stuff.

Last edited by SemiCharmedLife; 05-04-2013 at 06:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2013, 06:49

Male from Tuvalu
san pedro pete should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

be careful if you hit a the wrong artery it can push the plunger out along with the contents
Old 05-04-2013, 06:53
Silver Member

Male from United States
Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.

Yeah I figure you did too.

BTW, none of this is true, except perhaps the filtering bit:
Quote:
Reputable sources occasionally produce poor product too. Testing the drugs does nothing to indicate whether they are contaminated with byproducts of synthesis, nor does filtering most times, as the byproducts are usually water soluble too.

Using a large vein, tying off and pulling back on the plunger to make sure you're in the vein, using more water/meth ratio, and injecting slowly is what an experienced user would tell you to prevent burning sensations.

If it's swollen or still hurts you should maybe go to the doctor. Missing an artery can cause a bad infection, and you don't want to have your hand amputated over something dumb like getting high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by san pedro pete View Post
be careful if you hit a the wrong artery it can push the plunger out along with the contents
No, no, it can be far worse: Be careful, you can completely blow out your artery due to back pressure. Worrying about wasting meth vs. worrying about blowing out arteries and hurting yourself is the epitome of addict behavior. Wasting meth and not being high doesn't mean much if you end up having to get your hand amputated. You'll probably wish you had never heard of it, and just want your hand back.

Quote:
I always taste it first to make sure it is the real deal and it was..
Tasting meth is no indication of how pure it may or may not be; even if it is "the real deal."

Quote:
Most users will be able to help you more if we know these things.
^These responses seem to indicate that that is not always the case.

The top/back of the wrist- that's where the veins are. People cut their inner wrists so the blood flows out of their bodies fast when they are trying to end it. <- that's for the sake of this thread only, as an explanation. Don't ever do it, ok? SO the blood flows quickly from the heart out of the body.

If you're trying to hide needle marks from your parents or something, may I suggest: The top of the hands (hurts a lot) the top of the feet (hurts a lot) the top of the forearm (better) or the bicep (a bit hard to hit cuz the veins roll). Tying off will greatly improve your chances of success. You tie off closer to the heart than where you are trying to shoot, by the way. Or wear long sleeve shirts.

Or smoke it. Then no one can see the damage at all. Better Luck Next Time, I Hope!

great clarifications, corrections, explanations and advice

Last edited by Willyzh; 05-04-2013 at 07:56.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:36
Silver Member

I'm glad you could be more help to him than I. I never gave advice, only was trying to help him get the help he needed as I see most of those questions asked to similar topics. However, you were able to help him (or so we're all assuming) without needing to know, and the bottom line of his post is just that; wanting help. I don't agree that everything I said is false, as is your implication, but that's not really the issue. Hopefully OP read your posts and your advice was actually helpful. That's all I, and you, should really care about. :3
Old 05-04-2013, 07:45
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
I'm glad you could be more help to him than I. I never gave advice, only was trying to help him get the help he needed as I see most of those questions asked to similar topics. However, you were able to help him (or so we're all assuming) without needing to know, and the bottom line of his post is just that; wanting help. I don't agree that everything I said is false, as is your implication, but that's not really the issue. Hopefully OP read your posts and your advice was actually helpful. That's all I, and you, should really care about. :3
Everything you said IS false. I didn't make an issue out of it, but accurate information relies on pointing out what is not helpful and incorrect just as much as it relies on pointing out what is helpful and correct.

What would be truly helpful is if the OP was to call a doctor instead of asking for medical advice on a drugs site, but I also said that in my post.

What I really DID mean to make a point about, if anything, is that most methamphetamine users, or many, are in no position to give medical advice. Nobody is really, except for trained professionals. Along those lines, no one except doctors and trained professionals should be injecting drugs with needles, let alone illegal ones made in a clandestine drug factory. But I'm not making issues, I'm trying to resolve them. I have no problems with anyone personally, just looking to help the OP, just like you.

Quote:
That's all I, and you, should really care about. :3
That IS all I care about. I don't get what the smirk is for, but it is irrelevant to me.
If I didn't care I wouldn't have gone to great lengths to help the OP, and definitely wouldn't give tips on how to shoot up properly, which I am fully against.

If you think anything I said is out of line, go ahead and use the reputation system to critique and evaluate my post. That's what it is there for. http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=205591

Last edited by Willyzh; 05-04-2013 at 07:51.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:27
Silver Member

I never implied anything you said was out of line, simply that I don't agree with it, but again that's neither here nor there, and ":3" is just a cat face, not a smirk just a habit of mine. I don't see the need to give you bad rep as you've done nothing wrong short of singling me out for simply asking the same questions I've seen asked a bunch before on the same topic to help the person get information/advice. Beyond that, I'm glad you were able to offer him advice and I hope he took it.

You deserve pos rep being respectful, even when other members aren't.
Old 05-04-2013, 13:15
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyzh View Post
Yeah I figure you did too.

BTW, none of this is true, except perhaps the filtering bit:

Reputable sources occasionally produce poor product too. Testing the drugs does nothing to indicate whether they are contaminated with byproducts of synthesis, nor does filtering most times, as the byproducts are usually water soluble too.

Using a large vein, tying off and pulling back on the plunger to make sure you're in the vein, using more water/meth ratio, and injecting slowly is what an experienced user would tell you to prevent burning sensations.

If it's swollen or still hurts you should maybe go to the doctor. Missing an artery can cause a bad infection, and you don't want to have your hand amputated over something dumb like getting high.

No, no, it can be far worse: Be careful, you can completely blow out your artery due to back pressure. Worrying about wasting meth vs. worrying about blowing out arteries and hurting yourself is the epitome of addict behavior. Wasting meth and not being high doesn't mean much if you end up having to get your hand amputated. You'll probably wish you had never heard of it, and just want your hand back.

Tasting meth is no indication of how pure it may or may not be; even if it is "the real deal."

^These responses seem to indicate that that is not always the case.

The top/back of the wrist- that's where the veins are. People cut their inner wrists so the blood flows out of their bodies fast when they are trying to end it. <- that's for the sake of this thread only, as an explanation. Don't ever do it, ok? SO the blood flows quickly from the heart out of the body.

If you're trying to hide needle marks from your parents or something, may I suggest: The top of the hands (hurts a lot) the top of the feet (hurts a lot) the top of the forearm (better) or the bicep (a bit hard to hit cuz the veins roll). Tying off will greatly improve your chances of success. You tie off closer to the heart than where you are trying to shoot, by the way. Or wear long sleeve shirts.

Or smoke it. Then no one can see the damage at all. Better Luck Next Time, I Hope!
As in testing, I ment I test to make sure it's not sugar and or anything. That's what I ment. Second, I don't have large veins or I wouldn't be going on my wrist or the tops of my hands. I haven't ever had large veins but from doing dope for almost 8 years...yeah that kinda happens. While I do worry about needle marks here and there but it's not my major concern.

please don't quote entire posts; it makes the site messy. @username: is acceptable.
Old 05-04-2013, 13:17
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
I never implied anything you said was out of line, simply that I don't agree with it, but again that's neither here nor there, and ":3" is just a cat face, not a smirk just a habit of mine. I don't see the need to give you bad rep as you've done nothing wrong short of singling me out for simply asking the same questions I've seen asked a bunch before on the same topic to help the person get information/advice. Beyond that, I'm glad you were able to offer him advice and I hope he took it.
If you don't agree with something, please clarify and say why.

I didn't single you out, I responded to the thread. Asking the same questions as you have seen other people ask is great, if they are relevant questions.

Doing the same thing that you have seen other people do, without thoughtfulness, unfortunately, is not critical thinking.

There's nothing to get defensive about here; and your response did garner accurate answers in a roundabout way. Maybe I'm just really bummed that kids in the current world are shooting meth into their bodies to get a buzz without having any idea what they are doing like it ain't no thing but a chicken wing. Like they are trying cigarettes.

Maybe people I happen to have known are dead from that and the memories are not really fun. But that would add a personal spin to this which isn't necessary.

I've been totally impartial, and never said anything negative here, only indicated where answers were not accurate.

This is my favorite catface with text: >^..^< I like kittys. Sorry, I thought this was a smirk :3 but it seems I was mistaken. I can admit when I'm wrong.... http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=%3A3&page=3

Anyway, good luck to you all, and be safe.
Old 05-04-2013, 13:24
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyzh View Post
If you don't agree with something, please clarify and say why.
First off, it just may be me but you came across very harsh. Believe me, I know all about crystal meth addiction and addiction in general. I'm nowhere new at it, sadly. You also go a little off topic when you were talking about hiding my track marks and stuff like that. I appreciate the information you provided and the advice.

Oh and by the way, I'm a female.
Old 05-04-2013, 13:29
Silver Member

I say we just say no hard feelings as I've learned these questions pose no real help and you learned a kitty face haha. I generally lurk but have been trying recently to either help or give advice where I can. I apologize if you saw my replies as being defensive, and for asking stupid questions. I was under the assumption my questions would help other members answer his question, but as that is not the case I apologize for that as well.

I'm also fairly certain that's the most times I've ever said the word question in a paragraph. But I'm digressing! Love, health and education for all, at least that's my plan here. Including myself. :3
Old 07-04-2013, 12:49

Male from Australia
bebo998 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Do IV drug users use sterile swabs? Meth is cut is some crazy stuff as most illegal drugs are , save your vascular system and don't do it again.

bebo998 added 5 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Quote:
Yes, I got it from the same connect I've been getting it from. I always taste it first to make sure it is the real deal and it was. I did filter it, I always filter my stuff.
Was the spoon clean fresh sterile and swabbed with alchol swab before substance and needle tip touched it? I have seen clips of IV users who even after not registering a vein use the same needle tip until they register , once you use a needle once it bluntens badly and the risk of infection grealy increases.Filtering won't get rid of all the adulterants I can guarantee you. Shooting meth is crazy bad. I feel sorry for you I recommend seeking help immediately , something must be really bad in your life to consider shooting such a dirty chemical.

Sorry to come across as rude but can you expect every injection from this stuff to go to plan with no issues? After 5 years how is your vascular system holding up?

If pain persists see a doctor you can trust. Again no offence intended I just expect that IV users are lazy and unsterile by what I have seen and using meth as IV route is not going to be the safest route of administration that is for sure.

Good luck

This is very stereotypical against the IV ROA. Quite a few such as myself are sterile and not lazy in the least.
Wow, what an ugly stereotype against IV users, and FYI the biggest, most germaphobic neat freaks I know are IV meth users...just sayin'

Last edited by bebo998; 07-04-2013 at 12:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2013, 04:29
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebo998 View Post
Was the spoon clean fresh sterile and swabbed with alchol swab before substance and needle tip touched it? I have seen clips of IV users who even after not registering a vein use the same needle tip until they register , once you use a needle once it bluntens badly and the risk of infection grealy increases.Filtering won't get rid of all the adulterants I can guarantee you. Shooting meth is crazy bad. I feel sorry for you I recommend seeking help immediately , something must be really bad in your life to consider shooting such a dirty chemical.

Sorry to come across as rude but can you expect every injection from this stuff to go to plan with no issues? After 5 years how is your vascular system holding up?

No, I did not wipe out my spoon...never have even thought of it to be honest. I ALWAYS filter. As for my vascular system, before Crystal, I was addicted to Heroin. So, a total of 6-7 years of slamming, I'd say I'm not doing to bad.
Old 11-04-2013, 19:05

Male from Tuvalu
san pedro pete should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I agree, you come off incredibly harsh, the truth of the matter is a artery will push the plunger and dope out the end of the barrel, I have seen it happen many a time, more so with a stronger artery like the femoral. As far as relevancy goes, any reason not to shoot inside your artery is a great reason! Finally I would like to add that most meth cooks are not going to go through the extra steps to clean out the red phosphorus or iodine crystals, it ends up costing them weight and time. Either ingredient could have easily have produced the symptoms described. I would advise using a smaller amount at first, you can always add sugar to your coffee, but you cant take it out once its in there.
Old 16-04-2013, 07:52

41 y/o Female from Australia
FlyHigher should review received reputation comments.

@OP I know you said you felt you hadn't missed the vein before the pain went into your palm. But how can you be sure? Even if you had registered blood in the barrel before depressing the plunger in the meantime you may have pulled out of the vein or gone through the other side of it. Especially since you were using the small veins of the wrist. My hamster has been using meth IV for a while now and his opinion is that if you HAD hit an artery you would know it before you depressed the plunger, as the blood flow into the barrel when you entered an artery would have been under a large amount of pressure and would have been very bright red, instead of the venous blood you usually see. My hamster seems to think that what you injected before the pain in your palm was not properly into the vein. My hamster has found that 99% of pain during a shot of meth means YOU HAVE MISSED THE VEIN.
Old 16-04-2013, 15:22
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigher View Post
@OP I know you said you felt you hadn't missed the vein before the pain went into your palm. But how can you be sure? Even if you had registered blood in the barrel before depressing the plunger in the meantime you may have pulled out of the vein or gone through the other side of it. Especially since you were using the small veins of the wrist. My hamster has been using meth IV for a while now and his opinion is that if you HAD hit an artery you would know it before you depressed the plunger, as the blood flow into the barrel when you entered an artery would have been under a large amount of pressure and would have been very bright red, instead of the venous blood you usually see. My hamster seems to think that what you injected before the pain in your palm was not properly into the vein. My hamster has found that 99% of pain during a shot of meth means YOU HAVE MISSED THE VEIN.
There was no bump and this type of burn is different than missing the vein type. The blood was large and bright red. I remember thinking that it was a bunch of blood that shot up when I pulled back.

Share this on:

Tags
crystal meth, injecting, methamphetamine, veins