Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 31-03-2013, 16:08
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Grassburner needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Capsules vs pills

Ok so I might be getting some oxycodone 5mg caps. I know you can't snort the 5mg oxycodone pills because of the binder to oxy ratio or whatever. Don't caps lack binders, making them snortable even at 5mg? And (not going to do this, just curious) wouldn't that make injecting oxy as "safe" as injecting heroin?
Old 31-03-2013, 18:20
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
Ghetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline MedlineGhetto_Chem must mainline Medline
Points: 5,666, Level: 11 Points: 5,666, Level: 11 Points: 5,666, Level: 11
Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6% Activity: 17.6%
Re: Capsues vs pills

Hi there,

Would like to first start off by saying that certain 5mg oxycodone pills are snortable while others aren't. Any pill thats in combination with 500mg of acetaminophen is not snortable for the reasons you stated, but there are 5mg pills out there that are much smaller with only small amounts of binder in them. They are still harder to snort because the amount of powder comparatively to other oxycodone pills is larger, but its still possible. 20mg (4 pills) would create a rather large line that would sometimes block my nose but still very active. I always felt it more from those than say 20mg oxycontin, or 20mg from any other oxycontin pill. (Not saying snorting some 5mg oxycodone pills is safe, just possible.)

As for the capsules, I've never heard of oxycodone capsules but I also haven't done oxy in a long time. There will still be binder with the oxycodone in the capsules, if there wasn't you'd see barely any product in it when you opened it up since 5mg is hardly anything. Like d-amphetamine capsules, there may be 20mg of product but its combined with binder to form little beads. This is probably going to be the case with these capsules.

So in the end, you can snort it if its a reasonable amount of powder once crushed, but the safety of injecting would be similar to injecting pills. Which isn't safe at all compared to shooting good heroin. (Injecting anything has its dangers.)

Hope that helps,

-GC
Old 31-03-2013, 19:28
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

The only capsules with oxycodone in them that I know of that are available in the USA are Tylox (oxycodone/acetaminophen 5/500). So snorting those is no better than snorting a Percocet. Like ghettochem said, there is a Roxicodone pill that is just 5 mg of oxycodone with no other active ingredients. (there's also 10,15, and 30 mg oxycodone only pills as well) But yeah, to the best of my knowledge, and I know about this stuff pretty well, there's no oxycodone only capsules available in the US. Now in the UK and other countries there are but not in America.
Old 31-03-2013, 19:37
Titanium Member

48 y/o Female from USA - Michigan
carter 1203 really adds to the discussion.carter 1203 really adds to the discussion.carter 1203 really adds to the discussion.carter 1203 really adds to the discussion.carter 1203 really adds to the discussion.carter 1203 really adds to the discussion.carter 1203 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,132, Level: 5 Points: 1,132, Level: 5 Points: 1,132, Level: 5
Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7%

I used to get prescribed 5 mg oxycodone capsules, from 2005-2007. Not sure if they are still on the market. They could be snorted but leaves a bunch of gunk in your nose. Kinda not worth it.
Old 01-04-2013, 00:13
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Grassburner needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

@moving pictures, actually there are capsules that contain only oxycodone, I had a couple a wile ago. They weren't those shitty tylox's.

Post Quality Evaluations:
please offer some evidence, maybe a description of what they looked like, something more then what they weren't
Old 05-04-2013, 15:35
Silver Member

Male from United States
neverfailedtofail is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

There is or was an oxycodone immediate release capsule. I believe they were mallies, its been
a long time since I've seen those. Almost positive they stopped making them. As for snorting, in
my experience not bad but id rather eat it, since the oral BA of oxy is so high. It does have a lot of
filler,probably around 200mg of it with 5mg of oxy. So you'd have to shoot at least a few depending
on tolerance and 4of those in a spoon would be a ridiculous amount of powder. If it is a tylox don't
snort, will not dissolve acetaminophen well in the nasal cavity,so you'd have some boogers to deal
with. NowNEVER shoot anything with apap in it. It very well can cause a microparticulate embolism.
So unless you do a cwe using lab filters never injecet pills with apap. Not saying injecting any pill
is safe because most contain talc and other shit meant to hurt someone if injected.
In regard to pills vs caps, if I had to choose between the 5mg immediate release cap or a perc 10/325
id go with the perks. The cap 5s are almost as strong as a perk 10 to me but not quite.
Hope this helps ya.
Oh bioavailability iintranasal is only around 40-60% compared to oral which I believe is up to 86%.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:57
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United Kingdom
DCEE is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

In the UK you get a capsule called Oxynorm.

Oxynorm comes in various dosages but I only ever came across the 5mg.

They are instant release Oxycodone Capsules a lot better than crushing the slow releasing ones up.

Share this on:

Tags
oxycodone, snorting