Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 22-03-2013, 20:22

Male from Earth
Nagahim is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Xanax appears to have no effect on me

Recently i happened to get in my possession some Xanax 0.5 mg pills, so i decided to try them for recreational purposes. I browsed around the internet for appropriate doses, and decided that 1 mg would be a good starting point. Besides the mild buzz i got from the pint of beer i downed it with, i didn't feel any different than i would normally. The next day i tried 2 mg, still nothing. The day following that, 4 mg... still nothing.

I checked the date on the box and they weren't expired or anything. Is it possible to be genetically resistant/immune to certain drugs?
Old 22-03-2013, 20:41
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 20,960, Level: 21 Points: 20,960, Level: 21 Points: 20,960, Level: 21
Activity: 43.8% Activity: 43.8% Activity: 43.8%
Re: Xanax appears to have no effect on me

Possible but unlikely. It's more probable that the pills are counterfeit, in which case they could contain just about anything and in any dose. It's also possible that you're underestimating the effects of the drug. It's not uncommon for people that are heavily intoxicated on benzos to be unaware of how affected they actually are.
Old 22-03-2013, 20:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.
Points: 282, Level: 2 Points: 282, Level: 2 Points: 282, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I am sure you are already aware that mixing alcohol and Xanax can be dangerous because they are both CNS depressants. Specifically, it can lead to respiratory depression and death. Probably not in the low doses of alcohol you mentioned, but just so you don't get significantly drunk and then take a bunch thinking that they don't work anyhow... because you could die.
Old 22-03-2013, 21:22

Male from Earth

Well the pills came from my deceased grandma who suffered from parkinson's disease among other things, still in the box and untouched, so i doubt they would be counterfeit.

Nagahim added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Yes, i am aware. I was cautious with the alcohol for that reason, and i didn't have any with the higher doses.

Last edited by Nagahim; 22-03-2013 at 21:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-03-2013, 21:23
Chem|EB|DMT

Male from Earth
Gradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond reputeGradient is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 12,577, Level: 16 Points: 12,577, Level: 16 Points: 12,577, Level: 16
Activity: 9.0% Activity: 9.0% Activity: 9.0%

Nagahim, have you ever taken alprazolam or any other benzodiazepine/barbiturate before? Do you take any other drugs regularly?
Old 22-03-2013, 21:33
Titanium Member

48 y/o Female from USA - Michigan
carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

I guess every person is different. You didn't feel anything from 4 mg? Even 2 mg is a heavy dose for someone without a benzo tolerance.
Old 22-03-2013, 21:47
Titanium Member

42 y/o Male from Australia
out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.out_there really knows their shit.
Points: 2,305, Level: 7 Points: 2,305, Level: 7 Points: 2,305, Level: 7
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

The effects of benzodiazepines can be quite subtle. But it is unusual that you felt no effect whatsoever. Because the effect of benzos is quite subtle for some people, it is likely that the pint you drank overpowered the effect of the benzo. Why don't you try a pill without drinking anything, because alcohol is quite a powerful drug.

What I think happened in your case is that the beer stopped you from feeling anything from the alprazolam. So try what I suggested, but be very careful, as benzos can be a bit varied in what they do depending on what you have eaten etc. And apart from the fact that alcohol just overrode the effect of the benzo, it is also just really dangerous to mix that combination.
Old 23-03-2013, 12:53

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_there View Post
The effects of benzodiazepines can be quite subtle. But it is unusual that you felt no effect whatsoever. Because the effect of benzos is quite subtle for some people, it is likely that the pint you drank overpowered the effect of the benzo. Why don't you try a pill without drinking anything, because alcohol is quite a powerful drug.

What I think happened in your case is that the beer stopped you from feeling anything from the alprazolam. So try what I suggested, but be very careful, as benzos can be a bit varied in what they do depending on what you have eaten etc. And apart from the fact that alcohol just overrode the effect of the benzo, it is also just really dangerous to mix that combination.
I did the 2 mg and 4 mg doses without alcohol, because i didn't want to risk anything.

Nagahim added 4 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
Nagahim, have you ever taken alprazolam or any other benzodiazepine/barbiturate before? Do you take any other drugs regularly?
I got a clonazepam pill from a friend once before and used it sublingually, but that was months before i tried the xanax. I did get very tired from the clonazepam. I only use alcohol on weekends, nothing else.

Last edited by Nagahim; 23-03-2013 at 12:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-03-2013, 07:22
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
awdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

My cat got arrested on xannax when he thought he was sober, well he actually got arrested for possession of marijuana, but had he not taken the xannax the night before ridding him of all his anxiety he wouldnt have gotten caught... sucks. but idk my cat only ever did it while he smoked bud and it made him pretty happy. He also said xannax munchies are awesome and youll eat everything in the house. He always took em at night and they make you dose in an out, he loved doing it when watching a movie.
My cat once took 1mg and drank 5 margaritas and felt sober, mind his tolerance for alcohol was extrememly high then, he could drink a 5th of vodka and feel sober until he smoked a cig, then shi went crazy after he combined the 2. His benzo tolerance was also not 0 but it was pretty low, he never had a high tolerance and the most he ever took was 3mg one time. he said he doesnt like tolerance to drugs it sucks.
Old 05-02-2014, 16:02

24 y/o Female from United States
Karenina is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

The probability of being immune to Xanax is very low. Are you sure they weren't expired? I just had a Xanax for the first time today and it had no effect on me whatsoever and I have no experience with benzo's at all, so I'm pretty sure I'd notice "an effect". Then I found it was expired. I ingested it over 4 hoers ago, with not even slightest effects showing, so I am thinking of taking codeine instead, since i really need to get some rest. Any advice on whether or not that can be safe? I know mixing codeine and Xanax is ver dangerous, but it seems pretty clear that the pill I ingested lost all it's properties.

Share this on: