Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Unidentified Products
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Unidentified Products Unidentified research chemical products

Old 17-03-2013, 21:58
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
GentlemanTom probably knows what they are talking about.GentlemanTom probably knows what they are talking about.GentlemanTom probably knows what they are talking about.GentlemanTom probably knows what they are talking about.GentlemanTom probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 912, Level: 4 Points: 912, Level: 4 Points: 912, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Mephtetramine (2-((methylamino)methyl)-3,4-dihydronaphthalen-1(2H)-one) drug info

A new research chemical is entering the market - Mephtetramine (more like of brand name, as i understand, as title doesn't fit structure. Vendors claim it has some similarities with 4-mmc in-vitro and in-vivo, but i bet it's just for the marketing (same as name).

So, as always, we need:
names / synonyms
dose
duration
side effects
legal status
have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
since when has this research chemical been available?
stability of the molecule / compound

The picture that i got matches the one provided by vendors, but chemical name in it is different.

Names: 2-((methylamino)methyl)-3,4-dihydronaphthalen-1(2H)-one
CAS Number: ?
Formula: ?
Mol. Mass: ?
First reports: Emerged at online vendors at march 2013
Boiling Point: ?
Density:?

Description
One experience report describes insufflating around 50 mgs, which gave little effects except for jaw clenching with blurry vision and lasted 40-60 minutes. Another report describes bombing 50 and 100 mgs and feeling only slight stimulation and tenseness. Third report i've found speaks of insufflation of 200 mg, for very unpleasant drip and... little effects. Few more rumors agree that it's practically inactive.

It's also said to have distinctive and extremely foul taste, when insufflated. There are also speculations that it's supposed to be used together with Methoxypiperamide for effects to happen, but it's only speculations.

Post Quality Evaluations:
detailed, astute and informative information

Last edited by GentlemanTom; 17-03-2013 at 22:03. Reason: additional info, picture
Old 21-05-2013, 11:28
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: Mephtetramine (2-((methylamino)methyl)-3,4-dihydronaphthalen-1(2H)-one) drug info

This one is being sold to the 'meph' market with the name like this:

meph
etramine

but it seems unlikely to be sucessful.
Old 21-05-2013, 16:03
Phenoxide Phenoxide is nu online
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,868, Level: 20 Points: 19,868, Level: 20 Points: 19,868, Level: 20
Activity: 29.4% Activity: 29.4% Activity: 29.4%
Re: Mephtetramine (2-((methylamino)methyl)-3,4-dihydronaphthalen-1(2H)-one) drug info

If this compound is as represented then I doubt it's psychoactive, let alone anything like mephedrone. Propylamine tail rather than ethylamine, cyclization of the beta-alkyl back into the ring system, no para-substitution on the phenyl ring.. any of those individually would make a substance substantially different from mephedrone.

I'd treat any vendor advertising such a product as a mephedrone replacement with the scorn they deserve. They're either liars with no regard for their customers, or have so little understanding of the products they're peddling that they perpetuate the ridiculous claims of the supply labs without a second thought. Either way not the kind of people that one would want to do business with.
Old 22-05-2013, 08:07
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14 Points: 9,438, Level: 14

That did come from a vendor who sells a lot of rather suspicious sounding compounds. They are discussed in the restricted area.
Old 11-07-2013, 19:36
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from Earth
Continuing Shulgin's Work is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1

This is a desperate attempt by vendors to market something new (now that the new UK APB ban is in effect). It seems like they're trying to mix qualities of cathinones with amphetamines, but did a terrible job because based on the chemical structure...it's NOT a phenethylamine, amphetamine, or cathinone at all; it is a completely different class of psychoactive compounds derived from the base structure of 3-Phenylpropylamine.

WARNING: This is a PHENYLPROPYLAMINE, not phenethylamine. Because the RC market has not encountered phenylpropylamines before, be very wary of this compound because it is likely to have very different pharmacological effects from phenethylamines (e.g. 2C-B's, DOM, APB's, mephedrone, and all amphetamines and cathinones are phenethylamines).

Without even having tried it, I would not recommend anyone spend their money on it if they are looking for a new stimulant to replace their old stimulants. However, because there is no research on it and someone will be curious enough to try it, be cautious as always.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Really like putting diagrams to sow what you mean. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sdfsd.jpg (89.6 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by Phenoxide; 11-07-2013 at 20:37. Reason: hotlinked image uploaded
Old 11-07-2013, 21:32

24 y/o Male from Earth
DefiningLogic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I know enough about phenethylamines and cathinones to know that this is probably going to fail spectacularly at best, and at worst cause widespread damage or long-term harm. It looks somewhat similar to a b-ketonated 2-aminotetraline, which I imagine would be closer to the substituted cathinones than this new and altogether suspicious molecule. Then again stimulants are not really my thing, so I wouldn't know. In the days when b-ketones were around though, I always preferred Methylone over mephedrone.
Old 14-03-2014, 17:41
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
C11H15 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1 Points: 116, Level: 1
Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1% Activity: 3.1%

I ran a quick literature search for "mephtetramine" and another search for "(2-((methylamino)methyl)-3,4-dihydronaphthalen-1(2H)-one)". I ran individual searches because GentlemanTom initially pointed outthat 'mephtetramine' may be a vendor-adjusted name for a target market.
The results were rather dry; only two published articles were found.

The first is written using a chemistry framework, however, i could not read the entire article, only the abstract.
The second article has a sociological and political framework which outlines and disscusses the issues surrounding RC's and names a few.

My reading of them was limited to their abstracts, just thought id summarise them above for ease. (Not even my uni's has a subscription to the article, despite being subscribed to the 90% of Wiley library content!).
I have referenced them below (in APA 6th edition style);

Kavanagh, P.V., & Power, J.D. (2014). New psychoactive substances
legislation in Ireland–Perspectives from academia. Drug Testing
and Analysis. DOI: 10.1002/dta.1598

Power, J.D., Scott, K.R., Gardener, E.A., Curran McAteer, B.M., O'Brien,
J.E., Brehon, M., Talbot, B., Kavanagh, P.V. (2014). The
syntheses, characterization and in vitro metabolism of nitracaine,
methoxypiperamide and mephtetramine. Drug Testing and
Analysis
. doi: 10.1002/dta.1616

Share this on:

Tags