Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 11-03-2013, 01:56
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Grassburner needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
How long does an Oxycodone high last when injecting?

So my pet cat was thinking about injecting some Oxycodone. He searched this up many times and found results varying from 4 minutes to half an hour to 5 hours. He doesn't know which one is about right. If IVing oxy lasts 30mins, why would lots of people do it? Seems like a waste to me. On the other hand, my cat knows that it probably will last a lot shorter than snorting, but he wants to know if it's worth doing, or if he should just chew them. He has very little tolerance. This would be his 4th time doing it, he did 35mg about 3 weeks ago, and only 20mg 2 weeks or so before, and 10mg 5 years ago when he was 14.

Post Quality Evaluations:
You can speak freely on this particular forum.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:24
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: How long does an Oxycodone high last when injecting?

IV oxycodone initially gives a rush different from most opiates, less intense, more of a feeling of being made of jelly. than the high after can last from and hour or so to a few, depends on tolerance and dependance.

if your not an addict the high will last longer, if you are it will be much shorter. when i IV'd oxycodone daily id say the high lasted around an hour to and hour and a half but when i have injected it with no opiate tolerance or dependance the effects were felt much longer.

if your a regular oxycodone user with a bit of a habit id say an hour to and hour and a half you will actually feel noddy and high, similar to snorting with a tolerance. if you dont use a lot id suggest not starting in with injecting but if your hell bent there is a lot of good info on how to do so as safe as possible on this site, from injecting practices to dosages. doing a little homework can save your life.

as far as how long IV oxycodone takes an addicts dopesick away, i used to shoot up 4-5 times a day so when you do get dependent your body gets very needy for the drug, much more often than a new user would find pleasurable to do.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:55
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.Xanahalf is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2 Points: 167, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Odd i have different experiences altogether. IV oxy has an initial powerful opiate rush that only lasts 5-20 mins but is followed by a few hours of a more typical oxy high. I only ever ate the stuff before IV and it was shorter than eating but not crazy short.

As with most opiates IV it was quick intense rush followed by longer mellow high.

If you are not already an IV drug user, don't bother. IVing pills is never smart and IV in general is a big line to cross, especially for oxy where the gains are minimal. Oxy has GREAT bioavailability snorted or eaten (oral is stronger than snorting but comes on slower!) Drugs like morphine/heroin/hydromorphone are practically useless orally and are thus WAY stronger IV.

Good advice, and encourages to avoid IV use.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:16
Titanium Member

51 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.AGV10 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2 Points: 200, Level: 2
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

The high/rush ain't going to last much more than around 15-20min or so - after 3-4hrs around 80% of Oxy is going to have metabolised and will be out of your system. Oxy half life ain't long.

Do your self a favour buddy - you ain't doing it much at the moment: wind your head in and just say no, I ain;t going there. It'll start off as an occassional recreational kick but it WILL become a habit and you WILL look back in 10years time and say, fuck it - should have taken the advice i was given. In almost all cases the damage will be done by the time you realise whats happened and you'll have a load of regrets.

Good luck

Sad truth. Very few take this advise, now they're the ones giving it
Old 13-03-2013, 19:36

26 y/o Male from USA - New York
Intravenous should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

as a fellow IV oxy user, it isn't worth it. it is way too addicting (As if the oxy isn't addicting enough, the ROA makes it even more addicting) and the high doesn't last long at all compared to just eating it. When I my first 60mg, i feel a SLIGHT initial rush for about 2 minutes, then the high practically is gone. it definitely lingers on a mellow level, but my tolerance is so high from IV'ing that i can barely feel anything after my initial shot unless i shoot a total of 300mg....then i start to nod.

IV'ing oxy truly is a waste of pills and possibly the most addicting ROA (at least for me..i dont know if it is the routine of it or what). The one thing i do like about it is the quick onset, so if you are going through W/D's then that is the preferred ROA...but i dont advise it.
Old 14-03-2013, 01:36
Mercury Member

Male from United States
Grassburner needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intravenous View Post
as a fellow IV oxy user, it isn't worth it. it is way too addicting (As if the oxy isn't addicting enough, the ROA makes it even more addicting) and the high doesn't last long at all compared to just eating it. When I my first 60mg, i feel a SLIGHT initial rush for about 2 minutes, then the high practically is gone. it definitely lingers on a mellow level, but my tolerance is so high from IV'ing that i can barely feel anything after my initial shot unless i shoot a total of 300mg....then i start to nod.

IV'ing oxy truly is a waste of pills and possibly the most addicting ROA (at least for me..i dont know if it is the routine of it or what). The one thing i do like about it is the quick onset, so if you are going through W/D's then that is the preferred ROA...but i dont advise it.
yea I think I'm just gonna chew em. Doesn't seem worth it for such a short amount of time.

Share this on:

Tags
injecting, oxycodone