Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > General Addiction discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

General Addiction discussion General Addiction discussion

Old 07-03-2013, 01:01
Banned

29 y/o Male from Turkmenistan
izzy31 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%
Is there a drug that stops ALL CRAVINGS dead in its tracks?

Ok, I come from a long line of addicts in my family ancestory. My father, my mother, my uncle, my aunt, my uncle, my grandfather, have all been addicts at some point in their lives (some are still suffering at this moment from an addiction, as am I), and had major chunks of their lives dictated thru their addiction/alcoholism. I'm wondering is there any drug out there that stops the part of the brain associated with craving? That is my best chance, as I am the first to admit I have zero self control when it comes to drugs or any substance that'll alter reality.

I seem to remember a documentary on MSNBC by a doctor who had actually fixed the problem with addiction dead in its tracks, thru a drug he and his colleagues developed that, as I had mentioned, STOPS the craving part of the brain. BUT..the catches of his treatment are, it's not a treatment accepted by the FDA (go figure) and it costs something to the tune of $80,0000, ALSO NOT ACCEPTED BY ANY FORM OF INSURANCE.

HOWEVER, I met someone who had this treatment done to him, the guy was about 19, had a history of meth and heroin abuse, came from a wealthy republican family whom could afford the treatment....he made an impact on me, as he never admitted to the treatment, but as we were somewhat brother-in-laws at the time (our girlfriends were sisters, and cocaine addicts), but the craziest shit was I had a quarter oz of meth on me atany given time, and he could still interact socially with us and spend time with us without EVER being so much as tempted to do any....

I've done research and can't find anything on it but mark my word is does exist. Sort of a wellbutrin/chantix type of drug, if you would? Any info on such would be much appreciated, as I realize today that I'm going to kill myself thru addiction if I don't stop, and although I hate to say it's an issue of strength, I think I'm a weak failure in terms of battling substance abuse. Me and this bloke don't speak anymore, as both of our girlfriends have parted their ways with us. Although I'm sure he has a facebook and where to find him, the time that has passed is too awkward to try and reach him (see, another sign of weakness)
Old 07-03-2013, 14:06
Silver Member

42 y/o Female from United Kingdom
bonny is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 168, Level: 2 Points: 168, Level: 2 Points: 168, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Is there a drug that stops ALL CRAVINGS dead in its tracks?

Hi there the drug your referring to is Baclofen, there is information on this forum, if i was confident with computers i would send you a link, but this is beyond my capabilities. There is also a book THE END OF MY ADDICTION by Olivier, Dr Ameisen it is defiantly worth a read. Please do plenty of research and read other peoples experiences on this forum. I wish you luck
Old 07-03-2013, 16:38
Mercury Member

21 y/o Male from United States
Raol Duke needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Naltrexone? Well it stops u from getting high from certain things at least. Idk too much about it though.
Old 07-03-2013, 20:02
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Could be Iboga/Ibogaine.

I don't know a lot about it, but there's some information on the forum if you use the search engine and/or tag cloud.

Basically, it's a powerful hallucinogen that people state can remove an addiction after it's experienced.

~Kailey
Old 07-03-2013, 20:10
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.Booty love must live here.
Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8 Points: 3,349, Level: 8
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

Another drug may help but you still have to be proactive in staying clean.
Old 07-03-2013, 20:19
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.Alien Sex Fiend probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 918, Level: 4 Points: 918, Level: 4 Points: 918, Level: 4
Activity: 51.1% Activity: 51.1% Activity: 51.1%

"STOPS the craving part of the brain. BUT..the catches of his treatment are, it's not a treatment accepted by the FDA (go figure) and it costs something to the tune of $80,0000, ALSO NOT ACCEPTED BY ANY FORM OF INSURANCE"

r u sure about all of this? sounds like a scam

STOPS the craving part of the brain. my pet here doubts you want that. unless you rephrase that, sounds like a lobotomy

Alien Sex Fiend added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Iboga/Ibogaine really works but according to those youtube videos of the ones who have tried, it is extremely terribly horrible unpleasant 24+ hours long expirience

Last edited by Alien Sex Fiend; 07-03-2013 at 20:19. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on: