Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 06-03-2013, 15:17

23 y/o Male from United States
mattytorbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
herion morphine oxycodone

Hi guys im new to this website and understand some people will put me down or will help and all i ask for is some support. I am a 4 year addict since age 14 started with vicodin moved to ercocet then morphine then herion and then anything i could get my hands on. i lost my connection and trust with my family friends girlfriend lost everything but would never admit i had a problem. about 3 days ago i had a trsuted long friend that never used talk to me and help me talk to my parents after we hadnt spoken in two months (parents) i told them everything no lies and they were upset but they knew; its not something you can just hide, everyone sees it.

i currently live in nh and just flew out lastnight to florida to a detox center for a few days then ill be in hollywood florida for a rehab facility. This is the toughest battle of my life right now, puking ,aches, chils, nausea, pain everywhere, insomnia, all the symptoms. the doctors here are great and are doing their best for me and i couldnt ask for anything better, as of now im waiting for the doctor to come in with my first suboxone strip to start my process. keep in mind i chose to do this i voluntarily wanted to come and had all the support i needed and i know its tough in this world for many to get that support. im here for input and support on this rehab i would love to hear stories and success or non success stories to learn more about others addictions. If i dont get a reply i understand I'm anewbie here but i would love input from any and all of you,

-matthew

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please try to use a more descriptive thread title for future threads

Last edited by Phungushead; 16-04-2013 at 17:30.
Old 06-03-2013, 15:55
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%
Re: herion morphine oxycodone

Hi Matty, welcome to DF. I don't know why you think people are gonna put you down, or because you're a newbie you won't deserve a reply? If someone comes to DF asking for help then we'll give it. All I ask is that a person be as honest as they can and be respectful. Now I'm not really sure what you're asking but I'd hazard a guess that you're looking for some reassurance concerning the treatment regime you're about to start. I was on subutex after quitting methadone and to be honest coming off of the subutex was uncomfortable for a couple of days, but that was all. I get the impression that you're hugely relieved now that your addiction has come out into the open with family and friends...yes? That's great cuz you're beginning as you mean to go on, honestly. And its surprising how supportive and helpful family can be in this process. But they can't do anything, even if they know that you're using (and I'd put money on the fact that they knew that you were using something) until you take that first step. So well done love, I'll bet it wasn't easy, but the hardest part is behind you.

Sparkles.
Old 06-03-2013, 17:06
Titanium Member

48 y/o Female from USA - Michigan
carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.
Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5

Hi Matty! I think once the doctor gives you the suboxone strip lots of your symptoms will subside. Aren't you glad your friend helped you to talk to your parents? I bet you felt so relieved getting it out in the open. You're right because you can only hide so much before people know you have a problem. How long will you be there for?

I've been to a few detox places where you stay for 5 days and then go to a rehab facility afterwards. Actually I live in the Hollywood area and my last stint was at The Pavillion. They kept me busy all day with group and activities and you get a chance to see the doctor. There was some people there that just didn't want to talk because they felt shitty. I really enjoyed when they brought in speakers from AA/NA.

You seem like you're ready to make that change and I wish you all the best. It can be a struggle just don't give up. The real test is once you return home. I've heard it said "People, Places and Things" meaning those old triggers are still there. You just need to stay away from them and that's the hardest part! Let us know how you're doing.

Very helpful info, very supportive, thankful for answers
Old 06-03-2013, 22:44

hey guys ot my third dose of suboxone at memorial hospital pembroke in florida. they gave me 2 2mg pills under the tongue at 10 then again at 1 then again about an hour ago and all WDs are subsided but anxiety with librium and ativan they gave for it too, great doctors great place! im excited and eager for this journey to my new life and im ready ti di it, im in here detoxing with suboxone from monday till friday then i go to first recovery for a month minimum, I'm feeling great right now the sub helps nd the doctors are amazing for help, once im in first recovery for a month i can decide if i want another month(s) year however long i need. with losing all the old connections its already happened, deleting my facebook all social networks changed my phone number and achanging schools; after I'm back i will be back in NH and going to a suboxone clinic to stop and temptations just gotta do me and forget about the past and make a future and I'm excited anxiius and proud of myself for doing this voluntarily. im gunna turn to religion believe in the upper power and make the best of luck, ill be posting almost daily for feedback and any support if i neeed if you guys would like to help stick in and help.im happier than ever to finally get past this bad step in my life and eager to learn more about all of it and peoples stories support groups all that and I'm gunna do me make myself proudand stay commited, no more of this life i lost almost everything andand everyone. i have a soon to be once im out girlfriend who has never smoked pot drank or taken pills shes a good girl great and cant wait to have her help me along the way. day by day is how i look at this and itll be worth it. coulnt ask for anythingbetter then treatment and am 100% in it for the long run.

thanks for the posts guys i truely appreciate it it means the world having others to talk about and share feelings and whats going on and look forward to getting sober.

ill keep posted and hope you guys do as well, thanks for the input again guys means soo much that others are out there to help one another; great things will happen and i WILL succeed.

thanks again both of you and ill keep posting as much as possible.

Matthew
Old 07-03-2013, 00:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
TimeToQuit is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 585, Level: 3 Points: 585, Level: 3 Points: 585, Level: 3
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

Good luck Matt. I too just started sub treatment at home. You say your there Monday till Friday,,, is that all that you'll be on the sub, or do you continue taking it. What did the doctors tell you about suboxone?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToQuit View Post
Good luck Matt. I too just started sub treatment at home. You say your there Monday till Friday,,, is that all that you'll be on the sub, or do you continue taking it. What did the doctors tell you about suboxone?
im in a hospital for detox and their using that with ativan and lithium for WDs along with flexeril and others but ill be leaving friday for a rehab facility that doesnt use the suboxone that im aware of but once im out of the 30 day program im going to stage 2 clinic in my hometown area where ill be on suboxone maintance daily, meetings are 6-930 which included drug tesing, suboxone handout for the day or week not sure yet and then support NA groups.

mattytorbs added 348 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Its 4:49am on Thurs. I keep waking up constantly with the shakes and pain along with some nausea causing me severe anxiety. I got up and walked around to see if it would help the anxiety but it isn't doing much I'm just listening to some calming music (frank ocean - thinking about you). My legs are killing and I very well may vomit at anytime. I got my Last suboxone lastnight as i said earlier and as im aware it has a kong half life but it just doesn't seem to b helping me at this moment. My cigarette CRAVING is THROUGH THE ROOF. Been two days and all i want is to smoke a butt these damned nicotine patches don't work one bit!! Im hoping its about time they give me my ativan and lithium soon or i may be up all day after only 3 hours sleep. Shaking as i type from all this stress ad discomfort in here causing me anxiety. On the edge so bad its unreal IJust wan this all to end but at the same time my past few weeks i had done some dumb things leading right up to the day i left and i got a call from my brother that police detectives are looking for me in my home state NH and i may be incarcerated once im out of rehab which could very well just ruin my whole point of coming out to florida for rehab, i need my maintenance when i get back and locked up wont help that at all and i may very well relapse. I dont want it to happen but it just may if I'm locked up and i know that. The doc came in and gave me 1 mg of ativan half of my usual dose so we will see how this works or if it even does because i NEED sleep havent slept more then 2 or 3 hours a night which has led to 8 cups of coffee a day here. Ill repost later on today in the late or early afternoon with my progress and hopfully continue to want to fight this battle.

matthew

Last edited by mattytorbs; 07-03-2013 at 10:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2013, 14:08
Silver Member

Male from United States
TimeToQuit is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 585, Level: 3 Points: 585, Level: 3 Points: 585, Level: 3
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

Let me know how rest of night went.
Old 07-03-2013, 15:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToQuit View Post
Let me know how rest of night went.
i slept about 3 or 4 hours and thats it WDs are already coming back and i feel like shit, i hope the doctors come soon and will redose me with it and my ativan, i got lithium at like 5am but the lithium doesnt help to much. im getting the legs sores/restless back pain muscle aches im freezing and im under 2 blankets two sweatshirts two pj pants and can feel the vom will be coming soon. might try and just sleep if possible and till i get awaken to medicine but not sure if itll work the whole idea of sleeping.
thanks again for support and letting me vent this is a great site

matthew

mattytorbs added 29 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Just got 2mg suboxone from nurse and waiting on my ativan got flexiral for my legs my new nicotine patch and vitamins, hopefully ill be feeling a little better soon and can get out tomorrow(man i need a cigarette!) Dont understand why they cut my dose in half right off the at in on day but their the doctors.

matthew

Last edited by mattytorbs; 07-03-2013 at 15:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2013, 15:39
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10 Points: 5,248, Level: 10
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytorbs View Post
Hi guys im new to this website and understand some people will put me down or will help and all i ask for is some support. I am a 4 year addict since age 14 started with vicodin moved to ercocet then morphine then herion and then anything i could get my hands on. i stole i broke into houses and may have destroyed others lives which i hate. i lost my connection and trust with my family friends girlfriend lost everything but would never admit i had a problem. about 3 days ago i had a trsuted long friend that never used talk to me and help me talk to my parents after we hadnt spoken in two months (parents) i told them everything no lies and they were upset but they knew; its not something you can just hide, everyone sees it. i currently live in nh and just flew out lastnight to florida to a detox center for a few days then ill be in hollywood florida for a rehab facility. This is the toughest battle of my life right now, puking ,aches, chils, nausea, pain everywhere, insomnia, all the symptoms. the doctors here are great and are doing their best for me and i couldnt ask for anything better, as of now im waiting for the doctor to come in with my first suboxone strip to start my process. keep in mind i chose to do this i voluntarily wanted to come and had all the support i needed and i know its tough in this world for many to get that support. im here for input and support on this rehab i would love to hear stories and success or non success stories to learn more about others addictions. If i dont get a reply i understand I'm anewbie here but i would love input from any and all of you,

-matthew
While the rules regarding incrimination have been relaxed, it may not be a good idea to confess to multiple felonies while giving out your location, even if they have happened in the past. You might consider editing this
Old 07-03-2013, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinreleased View Post
While the rules regarding incrimination have been relaxed, it may not be a good idea to confess to multiple felonies while giving out your location, even if they have happened in the past. You might consider editing this
how do i edit that please

mattytorbs added 12 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
Hi Matty, welcome to DF. I don't know why you think people are gonna put you down, or because you're a newbie you won't deserve a reply? If someone comes to DF asking for help then we'll give it. All I ask is that a person be as honest as they can and be respectful. Now I'm not really sure what you're asking but I'd hazard a guess that you're looking for some reassurance concerning the treatment regime you're about to start. I was on subutex after quitting methadone and to be honest coming off of the subutex was uncomfortable for a couple of days, but that was all. I get the impression that you're hugely relieved now that your addiction has come out into the open with family and friends...yes? That's great cuz you're beginning as you mean to go on, honestly. And its surprising how supportive and helpful family can be in this process. But they can't do anything, even if they know that you're using (and I'd put money on the fact that they knew that you were using something) until you take that first step. So well done love, I'll bet it wasn't easy, but the hardest part is behind you.

Sparkles.
hi sparkles do you know how to edit out somethin i wrote in the post?

Last edited by mattytorbs; 07-03-2013 at 16:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2013, 16:20
Nomen est Omen

St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline

Check my DM to you. Actually, it would probably be easier if I did this for you.

toxinreleased added 5 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

To other readers of this thread. The OP has reported his post for editing, please don't award neg rep for self-incrimination of prior felonies.

Last edited by St Dismas Novitiate; 07-03-2013 at 16:20. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-03-2013, 16:32

Quote:
Check my DM to you. Actually, it would probably be easier if I did this for you.

toxinreleased added 5 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

To other readers of this thread. The OP has reported his post for editing, please don't award neg rep for self-incrimination of prior felonies.
thank you toxin, i was not aware but now i am and appreciate the help.
Old 07-03-2013, 16:49
Nomen est Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattytorbs View Post
thank you toxin, i was not aware but now i am and appreciate the help.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact either myself or the newbie help group and we will make sure that you are on the right path. This was probably not a big deal, but there is no need to start off on the wrong foot.

And remember, the process of withdrawal is exactly that-a process. There will be ups and downs, times you don't think you can do this and times when you just want to give in and give up. There will be times when you will not feel strong enough to see this through. That is why we are here-we can help you through this!

Nobody remembers how many times you fall down. All they remember is how many times you got back up.
Old 07-03-2013, 17:19
Titanium Member

48 y/o Female from USA - Michigan
carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.carter 1203 must live here.
Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5 Points: 1,146, Level: 5

Matty, I'm familiar with the hospital system you're currently in. They have adopted a smoke-free zone policy, sorry you can't smoke because that can take some of the stress away. But when go to the rehab tomorrow, it will be different. You can get through this.

Another thing I wanted to clarify, for your withdrawals are they giving you librium or lithium?
Old 08-03-2013, 03:31

Quote:
If you have any questions or need help, please contact either myself or the newbie help group and we will make sure that you are on the right path. This was probably not a big deal, but there is no need to start off on the wrong foot.

And remember, the process of withdrawal is exactly that-a process. There will be ups and downs, times you don't think you can do this and times when you just want to give in and give up. There will be times when you will not feel strong enough to see this through. That is why we are here-we can help you through this!

Nobody remembers how many times you fall down. All they remember is how many times you got back up.
I'm ready for the change like i posted it was all voluntarily and im in it for the long run i know theres gunna be hard things to facee down the road but i have faith

mattytorbs added 25 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter 1203 View Post
Matty, I'm familiar with the hospital system you're currently in. They have adopted a smoke-free zone policy, sorry you can't smoke because that can take some of the stress away. But when go to the rehab tomorrow, it will be different. You can get through this.

Another thing I wanted to clarify, for your withdrawals are they giving you librium or lithium?
Lithium ativan flexeril and subxone!
trazadone for sleep and some vitamins
cant wait to be done with this and be that person that everyone used to know me as. it'll be a struggle but illmake it through and try adn stay positive!

mattytorbs added 281 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

So its 5:44 and i was finally sleeping for a good 30 minutes and woke up having a panic attack hit call nurse button and called for my anxiety. The nurse came in and helped talk to me and gave me 2 mg ativan to calm me and i asked for a suboxone since i went from12 mg yesterday to only 2 mg today and still feeling withdrawal symptoms. I cant have anymore until 9 tonight and ive already been puking and freezing shaking aching and just want to end this. The panic attack happened because i had a dream about the next step; when i leave the hospital. I'm scared beyond belief to get clean at this rehab i just wish i never got myself in this mess in the first place but its my fault and i need to take responsibility. Know that this rehab doesnt use suboxone and itll be a month till i can get to my outpatient rehab for subxone scares me. All i want to do is use and use and would do anything to use right now. This is the most terrible feeling ever i want to be clean but i cant take my mind and body off using all i want to do is get high until i nod so high i dont have to be in this reality. But i cant and its killing me. this is gunna be the hardest thing in the world and all im gunna do is curl up in a ball for the rest of the night till my next 2mg of suboxone and pray to god that it holds me from wanting to use. This is so tough for any and all of you out there that made it thru this i have the highest respect for you this is the hardest thing ive had to do and i don't want anything but to be high.

mattytorbs added 279 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

10:20 pm night 2. Got my 2mg of suboxone about an hour ago its slightly working i asked for more but they said the 12 pill to 2 pill taper in a day is usual..... doesn't sound usual but ill let them do their work as their supposed too. About 30 mins ago got 25 mg lithium and now waiting on my 2mg Ativan. Today has been rough even with the suboxone. Been running on no sleep for days, tried napping but didn't happen. So i've now become a coffee addict LOL. 6-8 cups a day only thing keeping me positive! Being stuck in this hospital has driven me crazy but with all the videochats and phone calls from friends and family its keeping me going and going strong. I can and WILL defeat this battle.

For my sister that i love more then anything in this world i have a quote for those who actually read this and care.

"The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we're alone" and this is what I will live by till the day I die. If your reading this sis, I love you so much and will defeat this and have you see the new matthew<3

Last edited by mattytorbs; 08-03-2013 at 03:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2013, 08:25

Male from Earth
mayhem2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hello Matt, and congratulations !!! you have just taken the first step to the rest of your life, I know how hard it is I have kicked cold turkey more times than I care to remember, usually in a holding cell
but I also done it at home/hospitals/ rehabs/ detox centers, you name it, I tried it, done it with meds, and without meds, and the number one thing I can recommend to you is, to be honest with yourself and with your doctor, communicate even when you don't feel like it. My main reason for always relapsing, was because I was never ready to quit, I was always forced into it, by society, job, judge etc.
The fact that you willingly decided to quit is great, that was the only way I finally managed to quit, I am not going to hit you up with all kinds of clichés like " one day at a time" or anything like that, because I remember how hot that used to run me! lol but I will tell you this: It gets easier! I remember thinking how can I live without H for the rest of my life? It's not like that anymore, btw while I was incarcerated there was H in there and I had access to new works from infirmary, and I chose not to use, not because I was forced to, but because I didn't want to continue living like that anymore. I read your posts and congrats on canceling your social media accts, erasing #s etc, its a good first step. Just remember this, it took me years to believe, but when I finally did it made all the difference for me.......the opiates weren't the problem, I was! Well that's enough of my crap, good luck and stay strong.

mayhem2019 added 7 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

I almost forgot, in one of the detox centers that I was I told my dr about the off-label use of Neurontin for wds I know a lot of friends that have used it when kicking, it sure helped me, she was cool about it and prescribed it, it helps with the restless legs, chills, anxiety, it is normally prescribed for nerve ending pain, but it really helped my friends with wd, you might want to read up on it, heres a lil info on it.

Brand Name(s):
  • Horizant®
  • Neurontin®
WHY is this medicine prescribed?
Gabapentin capsules, tablets, and oral solution are used to help control certain types of seizures in people who have epilepsy. Gabapentin capsules, tablets, and oral solution are also used to relieve the pain of postherpetic neuralgia (PHN; the burning, stabbing pain or aches that may last for months or years after an attack of shingles). Gabapentin extended-release tablets (Horizant) are used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS; a condition that causes discomfort in the legs and a strong urge to move the legs, especially at night and when sitting or lying down). Gabapentin is in a class of medications called anticonvulsants. Gabapentin treats seizures by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain. Gabapentin relieves the pain of PHN by changing the way the body senses pain. It is not known exactly how gabapentin works to treat restless legs syndrome.

Last edited by mayhem2019; 08-03-2013 at 08:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2013, 10:54

Thanks for posting mayhem2019! I love to get the extra support its what keeps my mind on the goal! its well 5:33 now i woke up anxiety so so bad it just keeps getting worse and as I keep Taking the 2 mg Ativan it feels like the med is growing a tolerance with me very fast, and as any addict know about tolerance it SUCKS. When i take the two pills it usually calms me down for about 4 hours but now its not calming me down all he way but Im afraid to say "hey doc! my meds need to be stronger i dont feel the relief!" and many may ask why would you be afraid to ask for a higher dose, well look at it from the addict view. I feel they will take it in the sense that "hey this kid doesnt need this medication hes just trying to get more and more to try and get high." Anyone know how to approach this? And also my facility will change from this hospital to rehab today; not sure what time exact but I'm aware it is today; Im so anxious to get there and finally get out of this hospital and get back outside and enjoy this weather (stinks for my home state friends its snowing for them.) But, on that note im also scared and nervous as can be!! Knowing that this place doesnt use the Suboxone scares me that its gunna be a hell of a rough month but I will put all my willpower into it and know i can do it, gotta keep thinking positive and keep my eyes on the prize, sobriety! As i said before, once I'm out of Florida and go back home i have a Suboxone clinic / NA group that i will be attending and that is what I'm aiming for as a goal; finish the part of getting clean and then staying clean with Suboxone because i know my body and once im out the first thought is gunna be man am i craving to go have fun tonight lets go get some dope and perks! But I cant let myself back to that, i WONT and that is what the 3rd part of this to me; the Sub clinic. I just took my 2mg ativan and 5mg of flexiral so i can get back to sleep because i havent slept more then an hour each night since monday and its now Friday, jesus I need this sleep! I got a big day ahead of me changing locations and actually getting into my program and I'm just praying they will give me one last dose of suboxone here before i go along with my ativan so im not in WD walking in there. And finally i can get rid of this damned nicotine patch and boy do i know i am going to chain RIP cigarettes!!! Ahhhhh ive been craving one since i got here its terrible! Welp, off to try and get a few more hours sleep in for my big day hopefully it goes well and i like the place im going too. Thanks for all the support and i will keep updating as the process goes as always!

Matthew

Please use paragraphs to break up big blocks of text. This is very difficult to follow.
Old 08-03-2013, 14:11
Nomen est Omen

Why are the flexaril and the lithium prescribed?

And you may want to re-think the removal of the nicotene patch. At this point, the "cravings" are all mental-the nicotene leaves the body within 5 to 7 days. What you are fighting now is the "habit". You get up in the morning-cigarette. You drink a cup of coffee-cigarette.
You finish eating-cigarette. You have gotten into the habit of associating normal daily functions with a cigarette and that is the pattern you need to break.

Start breaking habits and you start breaking chains.
Old 08-03-2013, 14:44

Quote:
Why are the flexaril and the lithium prescribed?

And you may want to re-think the removal of the nicotene patch. At this point, the "cravings" are all mental-the nicotene leaves the body within 5 to 7 days. What you are fighting now is the "habit". You get up in the morning-cigarette. You drink a cup of coffee-cigarette.
You finish eating-cigarette. You have gotten into the habit of associating normal daily functions with a cigarette and that is the pattern you need to break.

Start breaking habits and you start breaking chains.
for muscle aches and WDs and ill never quit smoking cigarettes ive been smoking since i was 12, the patches were only because i cant smoke around this hospital because of restrictions. If i was to quit it would be when im older thats the truth of it nothing will change that i have no reason to want to quit smoking cigarettes, cancer this cancer that ya ya i just need my cigarettes noone will change that unless i want to
Old 08-03-2013, 18:15
Nomen est Omen

No problem! I smoked tobacco for years and then just decided one day that I had enough, so I became a smoking cessation specialist and now help others when they are ready to quit.

Lithium is used for chemical imbalances in the brain and is normally given for moderate to severe mental illness, such as hearing voices, etc. Flexaril will be effective for the muscle spasms, but you might consider asking your med team about Soma instead. Same with the Ativan, xanax might be a better option. Or even plain old valium, for that matter. I do not like benzos at all, but that is a personal thing.

Another member mentioned Lyrica, I believe. That would also be a good choice for consideration.

But lets go one step at a time for now!~
Old 09-03-2013, 03:00

61 y/o Male from United States
usakicksass should review received reputation comments.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Hi Matt, If you feel opiate addiction is on your back more times than not you best think about Methadone. I've been taking it for about 30 years now. I'm now a little over 60. Before I was involved in some very serious crimes and some not so serious. When my first Son was born i said this is it, I'm not gonna visit my Son through the bars of a prison. I started Methadone maintenance and started working, for the first time in years. I now make pretty good money and have valuable skills. I have two grown children a house cool hobbies and haven't been in jail once. I also haven't drank alcohol in 30 years now. Once you get rid of the distraction of chasing your opiates life begins to be fun again.
If you can't stop cold turkey and put it behind you then get smart and start Methadone. And don't listen to the women in your life who are gonna shine negative light on methadone. And don't tell people your work with about it. Its funny but people like to find the bad in people so they can glorify themselves. They'll use your Methadone use as a reason why your so fucked up. I've learned the hard way to keep it quiet. People can be really mean when it comes to addiction.
Best of luck to you Bro.

trading one addiction for another is not wise. Op has already stated he has begun Suboxone therapy
Old 10-03-2013, 14:32
Nomen est Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by usakicksass View Post
Hi Matt, If you feel opiate addiction is on your back more times than not you best think about Methadone. I've been taking it for about 30 years now. I'm now a little over 60. Before I was involved in some very serious crimes and some not so serious. When my first Son was born i said this is it, I'm not gonna visit my Son through the bars of a prison. I started Methadone maintenance and started working, for the first time in years. I now make pretty good money and have valuable skills. I have two grown children a house cool hobbies and haven't been in jail once. I also haven't drank alcohol in 30 years now. Once you get rid of the distraction of chasing your opiates life begins to be fun again.
If you can't stop cold turkey and put it behind you then get smart and start Methadone. And don't listen to the women in your life who are gonna shine negative light on methadone. And don't tell people your work with about it. Its funny but people like to find the bad in people so they can glorify themselves. They'll use your Methadone use as a reason why your so fucked up. I've learned the hard way to keep it quiet. People can be really mean when it comes to addiction.
Best of luck to you Bro.

While methadone is certainly a good option for people who are seeking out opiate reduction therapy, in this case it would be ill-advised, as the OP has stated in the beginning that he has started on Suboxone. Your personal experience adds a lot to the thread, but your advice could be dangerous.
Old 10-03-2013, 19:20

Quote:
While methadone is certainly a good option for people who are seeking out opiate reduction therapy, in this case it would be ill-advised, as the OP has stated in the beginning that he has started on Suboxone. Your personal experience adds a lot to the thread, but your advice could be dangerous.
I was on the Subxone in the detox at the hospital, now im on day 3 in rehab, i was told i was gunna be able to use my computer but turns out theres only one computer here and it took me this long to get onto it. I brought into my rehab 2 subs and 5 ativan but that lasted me the first 2 days. now its day 3 and im already so anxious and this rehab is non narcotic invovled.... Which another thing i was not told. I'm pissed this is a 30 day program and its day 3 and im going thru hell, yes i know take it one day at a time but its been a week since ive been home and im getting homesick and the facility im at is realllllly fucking boring. dont know what to do with myself just been chain smoking all day long. i mean staff is great ande everyone here is great but im getting real sick and tired of it, not being sober, being here. away from family friends and my hometown im 1400 miles away and its killing me inside so bad man. I wanna call up my mom and ask to come back and just hop into a inpatient suboxone clinic at my hometown in NH but its like a kick in the ass for me to even consider asking to do that. Shits tough and im sure everyone reading already has been thru, is going thru, or has seen people go thru this and will say i can make it and i know its not life or death right now but to me it seems that way and i cant even get visits when im this far from home. Never thought i would ever be homesick i never have been in the past because i was always high or even when i wasnt high i was finding ways to get high for weeks that i wouldnt go home but its so fucking tough like i said a million times. Dont even know where im going where with this im just bored, sick, and missing my family.
Old 10-03-2013, 20:18
Nomen est Omen

Hang in there! I know it is hard right now, and it is going to get even harder (sorry, but all truth now!), but you can do this! Your mind and body are going to be screaming at you, but you can DO this! And we will be here to help you. You are not going through this by yourself.

Would it be possible to get more computer time if you were to show that you were using it as an aid in your recovery process?

toxinreleased added 3 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Also, have you considered looking into some of our social groups here? We have several that would be of use to you, I think. I run the "still abstinent recovering addicts" group, and you would always be welcome to check us out! In addition, we have the chronic pain and pain management group, which has a wealth of information in it!

Last edited by St Dismas Novitiate; 10-03-2013 at 20:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-03-2013, 03:51

61 y/o Male from United States
usakicksass should review received reputation comments.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I've been through a few drug free treatment attempts a couple court ordered. I know that if you are already taking methadone and THEN take suboxone you will go into withdrawals. If you are taking suboxone and then take methadone you just wont get off on the methadone. Besides a methadone clinic is staffed by MD's and do a pretty thorough job of detecting any drugs in your system when you start. It is my view that opiate addiction is the result of insecurities maybe brought on by an unloving childhood or perhaps we just don't make the chemicals in our brains other "normal" people make. What ever it is it runs deep. I've known people who died from opiate over dosage and people I've known who died because they drank their liver into a dead piece of scarred flesh. At age 23 I was forced into being drug free by the legal system. I was run in to court many times threatened with prison time. It wasn't until I was cut loose, by the grace of God and was able to finally get on the methadone program that my whole life changed 180 degrees. The drug free people had their reasons for me not taking methadone. It will make you impotent. You are too young. Its just a replacement for heroin(which I rarely used). You haven't had enough treatment attempts to know. Etc. etc. They make their living and pay their bills doing the mandates of the legal system. All with their Ba in psychology. They have their reasons for doing their work. I'm getting that same feeling here in this thread.

Share this on:

Tags
detoxing