Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Amphetamines addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamines addiction Support for coping with Amphetamine-, Meth- and Ecstasy- addiction and Amphetamine addiction treatment.

Old 05-03-2013, 23:12
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.
Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6 Points: 2,030, Level: 6
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
Add onto this if you wish. Foods/supplements for those in recovery.

Articles > nutritional value > protein > Omega-3's > healthy way of living

Quote:
via WebMD. -E. Magee, MPH, RD

The Benefits of Flaxseed
Is flaxseed the new wonder food? Preliminary studies show that it may help fight heart disease, diabetes and breast cancer.

Some call it one of the most powerful plant foods on the planet. Thereís some evidence it may help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes. Thatís quite a tall order for a tiny seed thatís been around for centuries.

Flaxseed was cultivated in Babylon as early as 3000 BC. In the 8th century, King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flaxseed that he passed laws requiring his subjects to consume it. Now, thirteen centuries later, some experts say we have preliminary research to back up what Charlemagne suspected.

Flaxseed is found in all kinds of today's foods from crackers to frozen waffles to oatmeal. The Flax Council estimates close to 300 new flax-based products were launched in the U.S. and Canada in 2010 alone. Not only has consumer demand for flaxseed grown, agricultural use has also increased. Flaxseed is what's used to feed all those chickens that are laying eggs with higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids.

Although flaxseed contains all sorts of healthy components, it owes its primary healthy reputation to three of them:

Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75 to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.

Cardiovascular Disease

Research suggests that plant omega-3s help the cardiovascular system through several different mechanisms, including anti-inflammatory action and normalizing the heartbeat. Fitzpatrick says new research also suggests significant blood pressure-lowering effects of flaxseed. Those effects may be due to both the omega-3 fatty acids as well as the amino acid groups found in flaxseed.

Several studies have suggested that diets rich in flaxseed omega-3s help prevent hardening of the arteries and keep plaque from being deposited in the arteries partly by keeping white blood cells from sticking to the blood vesselsí inner linings.

"Lignans in flaxseed have been shown to reduce atherosclerotic plaque buildup by up to 75%," Fitzpatrick says.

Because plant omega-3s may also play a role in maintaining the heartís natural rhythm, they may be useful in treating arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) and heart failure. More research is needed on this.

Eating flaxseed daily may also help your cholesterol levels. The level of LDL or "bad" cholesterol in the bloodstream has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease, obesity, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. A study of menopausal women showed a decrease in LDL level after the women ate 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseed each day for a year. Fitzpatrick says the cholesterol-lowering effects of flaxseed are the result of the combined benefits of the omega-3 ALA, fiber, and lignans.

Diabetes

Preliminary research also suggests that daily intake of the lignans in flaxseed may modestly improve blood sugar (as measured by hemoglobin A1c blood tests in adults with type 2 diabetes).

Inflammation

Quote:
Two components in flaxseed, ALA and lignans, may reduce the inflammation that accompanies certain illnesses (such as Parkinson's disease and asthma) by helping block the release of certain pro-inflammatory agents, Fitzpatrick says.

ALA has been shown to decrease inflammatory reactions in humans. And studies in animals have found that lignans can decrease levels of several pro-inflammatory agents.

Reducing inflammation associated with plaque buildup in the arteries may be another way flaxseed helps prevent heart attack and strokes.
Hot Flashes

Quote:
One study of menopausal women, published in 2007, reported that 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed mixed into cereal, juice, or yogurt twice a day cut their hot flashes in half. The intensity of their hot flashes also dropped by 57%. The women noticed a difference after taking the daily flaxseed for just one week and achieved the maximum benefit within two weeks.

But another study reported no significant reduction in hot flashes between postmenopausal women and breast cancer patients eating a bar containing 410 milligrams of phytoestrogens from ground flaxseed and women eating a placebo bar.

The results, says Thompson, are consistent with other studies that have shown no siginifcant difference in the effect on hot flashes between flaxseed and placebo

Flaxseed Isn't a Magic Bullet

It's tempting to think of flaxseed as a super food because of its many potential health benefits. But keep in mind there is no magic food or nutrient that guarantees improved health.

What matters is consistently making great dietary choices as part of an overall healthy lifestyle.

Who Shouldnít Use Flaxseed?

Quote:
Until more is known, Thompson says, pregnant women and possibly breastfeeding mothers should not supplement their diets with ground flaxseed.

"Our own animal studies showed that flaxseed exposure during these stages may be protective against breast cancer in the offspring. But a study of another investigator showed the opposite effect," Thompson says.
Tips for Using Flaxseed

Quote:
Many experts believe it's better to consume flaxseed than flax oil (which contains just part of the seed) so you get all the components. But stay tuned as researchers continue to investigate.

Thompson says, "Ground flaxseed, in general, is a great first choice, but there may be specific situations where flax oil or the lignans (taken in amounts naturally found in flaxseed) might be as good."

How much flaxseed do you need? The optimum dose to obtain health benefits is not yet known. But 1 to 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed a day is currently the suggested dose, according to the Flax Council of Canada.
*Flaxseed, when eaten whole, is more likely to pass through the intestinal tract undigested, which means your body doesn't get all the healthful components. If you want to grind flaxseed yourself, those little electric coffee grinders seem to work best.
Milled = ground = flax meal. Donít be confused by the different product names for ground flaxseed. Milled or ground flaxseed is the same thing as flax meal.
Buy either brown or golden flaxseed. Golden flaxseed is easier on the eyes, but brown flaxseed is easier to find in most supermarkets. There is very little difference nutritionally between the two, so the choice is up to you.

*Flaxseed is a featured ingredient in cereals, pasta, whole grain breads and crackers, energy bars, meatless meal products, and snack foods.

Add flaxseed to a food you habitually eat. Every time you have a certain food, like oatmeal, smoothies, soup, or yogurt, stir in a couple tablespoons of ground flaxseed. Soon it will be a habit and you wonít have to think about it, youíll just do it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good idea for a thread and good information.
not an amphetamine thread
Old 05-03-2013, 23:24

Male from USA - Arizona
sirlaughman should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Add onto this if you wish. Foods/supplements for those in recovery.

thanks for the heads up. Ill check out flaxseed for health reasons.
Old 06-03-2013, 00:58
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

So why exactly is this good for those in recovery from amphetamine addiction? It seems to me that flaxseed is an overall good thing for anyone to eat. Is there anything specific about it that helps amphetamine addicts?

Personally, after a binge (I've never been really strung out on speed), I try to consume a good amount of protien (esp. chicken but beef is good too), lots of fruits and veggies (bannas, strawberries, salads), lots of water. I don't really do too much Gatorade or Powerade, mainly just water so maybe I don't get enough electrolites as I should. Also I'll take vitamine C, D, E and iron supplements.

Now I'm not gonna lie, I don't always do that. But I have before and it helps a lot. Last time I was on a binge (about 2 months on meth, methylphenidate, ethylphenidate, bath salts) I lost about 30 pounds and was only eating one little frozen .99$ dinner a day. I got most of my calories from the 12 to 24 beers I drank a day, lol. But I ended up getting arrested and going to jail for a minute and I started to eat shit I never ate before (peas, carrorts, salads, hard boiled eggs). I made sure to clean my tray, even if I didn't like the food. Most guys didn't want to eat the veggies so I always got extras. Also, I never drank the juice they give us. It's horrible for your kidneys. I'd always trade my juice for a desert or cookie or salad or something. I drank water. Lots of water. I started exercising and in about 3 months, I went from 150 pounds (at 6'2) to 185 and was in great shape. Running every day, playing handball every day. All that shit. I felt great.

But when I got home I quit all that and now I'm like 212 fucking fatass.

But yeah, that's how I do to recover from a speed binge.

Oh and another thing, when you come off a bender, you're fucking hungry. Like you're a bottomless pit. So instead of eating a giant bag of chips or a pizza, eat a big ass salad or a bunch of banannas, baked chicken (not fried). Basically, if you are going to eat a ton of food, at least eat a ton of something that's half way healthy.

Last edited by Moving Pictures; 06-03-2013 at 01:07. Reason: add
Old 06-03-2013, 01:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.derpahderp must live here.

Perhaps I shouldve been clear. Adding onto this would be as MP has just done- foods after and during recovery can help with moods, well-being, and comedown. Flaxseed is just another option for those who know what omega-3's can do for recovery and or recouping.

Another member did mention amino-acids and this would make for other alternatives for the amph/meth/recovery process. See fish-oil pills for further details. Please do take note, flaxseed would make for a good addition to protein shakes that have been brought up for recovery in the past.

Therefore, call this a continuation of adding more knowledge into natural mehtods, for those who are looking or wanting to add more info to this thread. *call it thinking outside of the box imho*

Last edited by derpahderp; 06-03-2013 at 01:14. Reason: last sentence
Old 06-03-2013, 01:21
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

Idk if it's true or not but I believe elcetolytes are really important to recover.

Quote:
/Electrolytes
Salts and minerals that can conduct electrical impulses in the body. Common human electrolytes are sodium chloride, potassium, calcium, and sodium bicarbonate. Electrolytes control the fluid balance of the body and are important in muscle contraction, energy generation, and almost every major biochemical reaction in the body.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...m/Electrolytes

Sources of electrolytes
Quote:
Photo Credit healthy foods image by Steve Lovegrove from Fotolia.com
Electrolytes are essential minerals that the body requires to function properly. Sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium and magnesium all work in balance to maintain hydration and to help maintain muscle and nerve tissue activity. Imbalances in these important nutrients can lead to dysfunction in the body. In a healthy diet, electrolytes are generally available in sufficient amount from the foods we eat.
Sodium and Chloride

Sodium and chloride are the elements that form common table salt. Many processed and prepared foods have salt added as a flavor enhancer. These include prepared meats, such as cured ham, sausages and hot dogs, bacon and beef jerky. Canned vegetables; prepared salads, such as potato, macaroni or egg salad; snack foods, including potato chips, crackers and corn chips; prepared soups, sauces and condiments all contain sodium. Of course, table salt is also a good source of sodium and chloride.

Potassium

For everyone, but especially for individuals with kidney disease or high blood pressure, taking in enough dietary potassium is important. Many fruits are a good source of this essential electrolyte. Try oranges, peaches, nectarines, pears, bananas and melons. Dried plums are particularly high in potassium. Other sources include beans, both fresh and dried, spinach, squash and brussels sprouts. Meats and fish also provide dietary potassium. Many salt substitutes use potassium chloride instead of sodium chloride.
Calcium

Calcium is an essential electrolyte for the proper function of muscles and is a building block for strong bones and teeth. Dairy products, including fresh milk, cheeses, yogurt and ice cream, all have high levels of calcium. Spinach, kale, bok choy, Swiss chard, and turnip, collard and mustard greens and other leafy green vegetables all provide calcium. Other fruits and vegetables that contain calcium are broccoli, oranges, green beans, dried beans of all types, mushrooms, asparagus and cabbage. Salmon and sardines with the bones intact and oysters are also good for adding calcium to the diet. Tofu, prepared with calcium chloride, is also high in this electrolyte.
Magnesium

Grain products top the list of food items that deliver the electrolyte magnesium, which is important for proper organ and muscle function and helps control the levels of other minerals in the human body. Breakfast cereals in particular are often fortified with this electrolyte mineral. Other plant-based sources include leafy green vegetables, dried beans, bananas, apricots, cashews, almonds and peanuts. Both tea and coffee are also good sources of magnesium. Brazil nuts, which grow in magnesium-rich soil, also offer good amounts of the mineral.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/25...#ixzz2Miaw98w1

for both contributions and adding references for those in recovery; Ty for taking the time and sharing useful tips.
Good addition to the thread.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:05
Silver Member

Male from United States

I'm guessing that sometimes while researching certain items pertaining to people and their comedown or even as they are quitting or going cold turkey, we get distracted by RL or sidetracked. These are a few things I've found throughout the forums, and while spending time with members and talking about how to cope with depression, insomnia and anxiety.

Quote:
Health -Battling Depression

Health - Some anxiety/panic tea recipes

SFA SFA Putting yourself to sleep

health news: Love your liver

These links are meant to help and shouldn't be taken out of context for those may read this. Take the information for what it's worth... and whether it's wanting to get better, or just dealing with symptoms from any amph/stimulant, these categories have been found to be quite helpful(imho). Sharing knowledge is power right?

So, linking and taking the time in sharing those solutions might help a new member or provide something that others might be in the know. Remember, it does not have to be about food and I leave it up to the posters discretion. Long as we're in the line of harm reduction and the rules, their should not be a big issue in how others may choose to share or speak their minds.

Thanks again all... -peace

Last edited by derpahderp; 11-03-2013 at 01:58. Reason: edited links
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28
Silver Member

Male from United States

Since starting this thread might help those of you going through the same I'd decided to bump this thread, well as the fact that links had been updated(edited) and MP had added some good info.

Peace

Note: this info applies to amph/meth/stimus dependecy as well as recoup/recovery info(just FYI)
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,221, Level: 10 Points: 5,221, Level: 10 Points: 5,221, Level: 10
Activity: 15.4% Activity: 15.4% Activity: 15.4%

This is a good idea for a thread, hopefully it will take off! I tried to do the same thing by getting the "love your liver", "underactive thyroid", and the "aspartame" posts all combined, but there was no interest I guess, because I never even got a reply. Too bad we can't collaborate together on one thread! Anyway, good idea!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:01
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinreleased View Post
This is a good idea for a thread, hopefully it will take off! I tried to do the same thing by getting the "love your liver", "underactive thyroid", and the "aspartame" posts all combined, but there was no interest I guess, because I never even got a reply. Too bad we can't collaborate together on one thread! Anyway, good idea!
Ty toxin,

Feel free to share links from different threads here..

I wouldn't mind people contributing more links or additional info to this one thread.. that way more can have a genral guide line. -or- add more to the wiki under the R&A since that'll get more exposure. In any case, all it takes is one or a few good ideas to help another person get off the 'Go'. Peace.
Old 02-04-2013, 16:40
Nomen est Omen

51 y/o Male from USA - Colorado
St Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline MedlineSt Dismas Novitiate must mainline Medline
Points: 5,221, Level: 10 Points: 5,221, Level: 10 Points: 5,221, Level: 10
Activity: 15.4% Activity: 15.4% Activity: 15.4%

I have no problem with combining all of those threads under this one. IF you can get anyone to do it! As I mentioned earlier, I asked and did not get an answer. Which could be because of any number of reasons-from the idea just not being processed/looked at/decided upon yet to it was considered a bad idea for some reason and not worth mentioning to just being ignored. As I am having continuing issues with my machine and its unwillingness to post news articles without hyperlinks, I am no longer posting news articles at all, but putting somewhat similar articles under a common header seems to make sense.
Old 22-06-2013, 00:43
Silver Member

49 y/o Female from United States
Been There and Back is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I feel a very important part of diet change for a good life on or off meth is to cut out all GMO, processed and junk stuff which actually is accurately just about everything on your local grocers shelves and freezers.

Organic and non GMO is the way to go.
Old 23-06-2013, 22:08
Silver Member

Male from United States

^^^Just for clarification and general info.

Quote:
If you've shopped in a natural foods store in recent months, you've no doubt seen products bearing the label "GMO-free" or "contains only non-GMO ingredients." The acronym GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organisms, which refers to any food product that has been altered at the gene level. Genetically modified foods are also frequently described as "genetically engineered", "genetically altered" or "genetically manipulated."
This is only to help further anyone who is going through the process of detox/comedown remedies/sober living.
Old 14-11-2013, 02:56
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
DB1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Been There and Back View Post
I feel a very important part of diet change for a good life on or off meth is to cut out all GMO, processed and junk stuff which actually is accurately just about everything on your local grocers shelves and freezers.

Organic and non GMO is the way to go.
I would advise caution in making blanket generalizations about the wonders of organic foods and the woes of anything that has been genetically altered. I'm a chef and chemistry student( graduating in a month here) and, I'm not claiming to possess anywhere near expertise knowledge in chemistry or the culinary arts, but I do possess a passion for molecular gastronomy and precise scientific understanding of all the substances man consumes, narcotic or not. One thing as a chef in the Denver metropolitan area (to the moderators I do apologize if that is too specific, I believe I am with in the rules) the organic food market is booming out here because of close proximity to huge agricultural production economy. So when my restaurant is considering getting products from a new supplier, my boss is insistent that he and I go out personally to visit these organic farms to vet the legitimacy of their claims of food being organic, many are legit but many fall quite short of their claim of organic. So do what you can to research the specific food suppliers of your organic purchases if possible.

To start, GMO's are technically defined as genetically modified organisms that have had new genes from other organisms added to their existing genes. As far as GMO's are concerned in a broader context of any consumable material that has been genetically changed, the entire concept has an extremely negative connotation (not that it is entirely unearned) for being detrimental to the human body and the ecosystem for which these species might very likely spill into and in many instances this is empirically validated. But it is important to keep in mind that this is a very new scientific discipline and with out a doubt the advancement of almost all new scientific fields will unfold in ways that were unpredicted, both to our gain and detriment. A very good example comes from WWI, when German scientist Fritz Haber (the very same Haber for which the Haber cycle was named, a process for converting nitrogen in the air into ammonia) personally designed and supervised the instillation of 5000 cylinders that emitted Cl2 gas and were put into the ground along the western front of the war near northern Belgium. This is the first official time gas was weaponized and used on any notable scale, but in reality and chlorinated drinking water is credited to have saved far more lives in WWI then it ever took(according to a variety of medical and scientific historians). Chlorine-inhalation therapy is also believed to have saved many lives in the influenza epidemic of 1918 (the greatest medical holocaust in all history, estimated to have killed 50-100 million people, not related but a startling fact too many people) and saved the life of President Coolidge in 1924. This is to serve as a basic analogy that singular entities/concepts/ideas with in science can be both harmful and beneficial, it more depends on how complete our knowledge is and the intent of those using it.

I will list some of the currently known pros and cons of GMO's.

Pros: drastically reduce human exposure to insecticides, reduction of environmental pollution, greenhouse gas emissions and soil erosion, exponential increase of food output per volumetric acre, improved nutritional content (vitamin A-enhanced rice currently being used to fight vitamin a deficiencies that are prolific in parts of the undeveloped world)

Cons: increase resistance to antibiotics (some gmo's are designed to resist disease with antibiotics, and some believe this will accelerate bacterial evolution, making strains resistant, its the same argument why we shouldn't use hand sanitizer 24/7), gene transfer from gmo's to natural surrounding habitat, introducing non-indigenous proteins to a food product could cause unpredicted allergic reactions,.

Keep in mind that this debate is mostly split into two camps(as far as practical influence is concerned). On one side you have the pro-organic, anti gmo lobby: socialist/collectivist autonomy crushing, Nazi minded assholes who parade around as environmentally conscious individuals and on the other side you have pro-gmo anti-organic lobby:the crony capitalists, large corporations that are basically de facto sovereign entities who were a mask of red, white and blue and baseball and apple pie, who if oppose then you will be branded as Leninist/maoist pinko who hates freedom, all so they can plunder and pillage all while we pay them to do it (whom I especially deplore, for ruining a beautiful socioeconomic and political philosophy meant to make liberty of the individual paramount and sacred, a philosophy born in antiquity, rebirthed in the renaissance, took flight in the enlightenment and brought crashing to the ground by the baby boomers..........if you cant tell I am a libertarian and a true laissez-faire capitalist). If you want to find the truth about GMO's, try going directly to initial scientific publishings of specific findings, a good launching point for this would be phys.org, but always employ a critical eye in regards to anything you ever read in your entire life, regardless of who writes it.

for the input and thought given here; ty for sharing
Old 14-11-2013, 04:51
prescriptionperil prescriptionperil is nu online
Titanium Member

Female from United States
prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.prescriptionperil really adds to the discussion.
Points: 760, Level: 4 Points: 760, Level: 4 Points: 760, Level: 4
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

Discuss with your healthcare provider the use of supplements.

Regarding supplements for the liver:
The antioxidant n acetylcysteine (NAC) restores glutathione levels in the liver, which are diminished by alcohol and APAP. This is the antidote used in hospitals for APAP overdose***Note...Since liver enzymes are carefully monitored, plus a NAC is doses are specific during true APAP overdoses don't self treat hepatic toxicity from APAP. One may scoff we aren't rats, but once I mix green tea and
tumeric following blood testing of hepatic function. I freaked, as certain enzymes were off the charts.
So, I went home and began Googling like a madwoman to find in the PDR of natural supplements that
the combo of green tea and tumeric can cause an error to occur in the actual test given for hepatic
function. The following day, supplement free, the test was normal. So, staying herb/supplement free is wise before blood work.

Nutraceuticals have never much help my anxiety though I have PTSD. NAC has shown in human OCD studies.. As an adjunct to Effexor I've noticed a lessening of obsessive thoughts. NAC has also shown potential in lessening cocaine cravings, but thankfully that's not an issue.

L tyrosine, which increases dopamine is mentioned in the Thomas Method of opiate detox. Studies also
showed l tyrosine significantly potentiated opiates in rats. D phenylamine increases dopamine, so theoretically both amino acids might be useful during and after withdrawal, as dopamine is depleted
upon opiate cessation. I've come across many studies showing various supplements from milk thistle to melatonin potentiated opaites. A scientific study on non alcoholic fatty liver in humans showed 20 mg of melatonin improved AST and ALT levels, plus an improvement on ultrasounds. As I'm not
technically computer astute, Googling the supplement, condition, studies will verify sources. The
following amino acid, l arginine, is contraindicated in those who have had a heart attack. L Arginine added to fish oil in rats, after they were given copious amounts of alcohol reversed liver disease compared to worsenining liver disease in rats just given fish oil and alcohol. Though they continued
to give the rats more and more alcohol the changes with added l arginine were remarkable. Since l arginine is the main amino acid found the proteins we ingest, researchers speculated alcoholic liver
disease could be caused by malnutrition. An alcoholic's main caloric source tends to come from booze.
My nephew was diagnosed with severe alcoholic hepatitis, after I intervened noticing his eyes were jaundiced. Denial, I guess. His nutrituonal status, checked through bloodwork, was dreadful. B1 is important to prevent Korsakoffa aka wetbrain. Although, milk thistle hasn't been shown to reverse
liver damage, human studies have shown it lowers blood sugar. Considering the epidemic of Type 2 diabetes and the low side effect profile of milk thistle this is promising, as one could conceivably lower
medication. I don't have diabetes, but have noticed a lowering of self tested blood sugar after
resuming milk thistle. As stated, these studies can be sourced
with a search engine.

Fish oil worked, so well, for bipolar depression that they ethically stopped the study. As fish oil can
oxidize, a small dose of Vittamin E should be added. Vitamin E is best consumed in natural form,
below 200 mcg. Also, nutrients work synergistically, so studies in which only one supplement is used I
find questionable. Still, it's best to keep the E dose low.

I've noticed fennel works well for stomach cramps. This is a common Indian remedy.

I could go on and on..... My supplement bill ain't cheap.

Studies have concluded the Mediterranean diet, which include lots of olive oil
healthiest.

for the addition of personal experiences and information provided

Last edited by prescriptionperil; 14-11-2013 at 05:35.
Old 28-11-2013, 04:42
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
OnTheStrength probably knows what they are talking about.OnTheStrength probably knows what they are talking about.OnTheStrength probably knows what they are talking about.OnTheStrength probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 570, Level: 3 Points: 570, Level: 3 Points: 570, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Mirtazapine has been used to treat methamphetamine addiction. It replenishes dopamine activity and inhibits cravings by diminishing the rewarding aspects of intense dopamine release through an inverse agonist of 5ht2c receptor.

Also, amino acids and cognitive nootropics. L-Tyrosine or N-Aceytl L-Tyrosine, L-Phenalaline, DL-Phenalaline, Phenylethylamine (PEA) all breakdown into dopamine and norepinephrine. B-Complex vitamins, L-Taurine, Vitamin C, D, piracetam, noopept, any racetam really.... picamilon..L-Theanine is great for anxiety and dopamine to. All these things will not only restore your neurotransmitter's, but over time can enhance them. Meth is notorious for neurotoxicity ...Acetyl L-Carnitine will also help with oxidative stress.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz2lucCKZcx

well said reminders and links given here; ty for sharing

Share this on: