Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > Drug News > Justice & Law (News)
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Justice & Law (News) News about drug busts, bans, court cases, and law enforcement.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:09
Titanium Member

23 y/o Male from USA - Arkansas
PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.
Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Naked, Hysterical Woman Used Marijuana, Legal Drug Kratom

KELSO, WA (KPTV) -- Kelso police restrained a hysterical naked woman suspected of being high on marijuana and a legal drug called Kratom while holding a baby.

The woman, "could be heard yelling hysterically and repeatedly about 'Jesus,'" when officers arrived at her home on the 1300 block of Bowmont Street, according to a police report.

The report says the woman answered the door, "completely naked holding a hammer in her right hand and a naked infant in her left arm. [The woman] swung the hammer 4-5 times yelling 'Leave here!...Jesus!'''

A neighbor said the woman appeared to be afraid of herself.

"She was just screaming out for help and then she didn't want the help. It was terrifying to watch. It really hurt my heart just to see it," said Stephanie Shepardson. "Being a mom, and having her hold the baby and being scared herself, it broke my heart."

The woman was taken to a hospital and her parents took custody of the baby and the woman's other child.

The woman also told officers she smoked marijuana that may have be laced with a toxin, according to the police report.

The woman's father told Fox 12 she admitted to drinking a cup of Kratom tea beforehand.

Kratom, a legal substance found in smoke shops, can act as a stimulant in low doses and as a sedative in higher doses.

Some websites say it can be used to treat mild pain or to ease symptoms of withdrawal from opiates.

The DEA has placed it on a list of Drugs and Chemicals of Concern, saying it can be addictive and cause symptoms of psychosis in some cases.

In the last few months, doctors in the PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center emergency department started treating patients who experience hysterical symptoms after ingesting Kratom.

While doctors saw no cases last year, they are now treating multiple people each week, according to spokesman Randy Querin.

http://m.kptv.com/w/main/story/86333499/?sp=1
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from United States
Doctor Rockzo! is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%
Re: Naked, Hysterical Woman Used Marijuana, Legal Drug Kratom

Oh man. It's starting. I really start to enjoy a drug and I just feel as if it's going to get banned.
Why do people expect NOT to have some sort of negative symptoms on extreme amounts of ANY drug? But they think they are impervious and just do whatever they want.

It's time to buy a freezer bag and a heat sealer and freeze a few kilos of kratom,It's gonna be a doozy...
Old 05-03-2013, 04:23
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
profesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way up

I find it much easier to believe the woman was suffering from schizophrenia or perhaps psychosis from a mood disorder like manic-depression.
Mentally ill people use drugs too!
Do I trust the reporters to follow up and actually research the story? No of course not. Sensationalism+propaganda.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:37
BitterSweet BitterSweet is nu online
Silver Member

24 y/o Female from Canada
BitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPACBitterSweet must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,633, Level: 7 Points: 2,633, Level: 7 Points: 2,633, Level: 7
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%

Definitely agree with profesor ^. I've been hearing about this Kratom so much lately and have only heard bad in these news stories. There always seems to be a drug that needs to be the scapegoat. This is one case that has made the news - and it is only hearsay since it was the father who said she had drank a cup of tea beforehand, but whose to say the father even said this. The media is so bad at reporting anything accurate. This is hardly a news story about drugs until whoever wrote the article decided to put in the little tid bit about Kratom.

Quote:
While doctors saw no cases last year, they are now treating multiple people each week, according to spokesman Randy Querin
The evidence speaks for itself I think - no cases last year, but according to this Randy fellow, multiple people are being treated each week. Who makes this guy an authority on the subject? What is meant by 'treating multiple people', what exactly constitutes treatment? Sounds like an exaggeration at least.

For being a drug that can help ease opiate withdrawal, I don't see why anyone would want to potentially get this drug banned if it really does help with opiate withdrawal; now that I think about it, I read a lot of studies about Kratom when I was trying to find information for this person in a thread, and it is by no means what people are making it out to be. The article says in high doses it can cause sedation, but the woman sounds like anything but sedated - more like a crazy mentally ill and untreated woman having some deeper issues than Kratom. If Kratom could induce psychosis this easily in an otherwise perfectly healthy person mental wise, I'm sure there would be a billion cases coming up.

Basically any drug can cause psychosis. I hate when news articles or the media writes little factual blurbs about the drug, usually listing psychosis, delirium, etc. but that really implies a 100% correlation between the occurrence of psychosis and consumption of the drug. There are many other factors that induce psychosis, and whose to say it is drug related even if drugs were in the person's system. A lot of drug users are troubled people so mentally ill behaviour may be more common than people recognize.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44
Titanium Member

23 y/o Male from USA - Arkansas
PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.PillMan really knows their shit.
Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9 Points: 4,486, Level: 9
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

'100% natural, 100% potent, 110% party' but possibly dangerous

BEAVERTON, Ore. – Kelso police restrained a 27-year-old woman Sunday night after they found her running around the street swinging a hammer and yelling about Jesus. She was also naked.

Her parents told officers she was taking the drug Kratom.

On the bottle, Kratom is marketed as "100% natural, 100% potent" and "110% party."

But that combination could be dangerous.

Kratom comes from a tree in Asia and it can be bought in powder, capsule or liquid form at smoke shops all over Oregon.

The salespeople at Tony's Smoke Shop in Beaverton said people mix it in juice or tea.

While a person has to be 18 to buy it, there is a lot of information online that says teenagers all over the country are getting their hands on it.

Just a little Kratom acts like a stimulant, helping a person to focus and concentrate. Take more and a person can feel calm and relaxed, but it can cause hallucinations, delusions and confusion.

"It's only legal because it hasn't been examined yet," said Tom Parker with the antidrug group Lines for Life. "The DEA has a list of drugs and chemicals of concern – that's what they call it – where they haven't fully tested it out."

Right now nobody knows how dangerous it can be. The DEA is still studying it. But it says it can be addictive.

Withdrawal symptoms include hostility, anger, and jerky arm and leg movements.

Kratom has traveled to the United States faster than the federal government can keep up.

While the DEA can ban drugs like Kratom, it takes a while to study them and then pass laws.

Parker said he thinks the government will eventually ban it.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Krato...195202071.html

This is the same product I have mentioned in this thread:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=206275
Old 05-03-2013, 10:51
Titanium Member

Female from Earth
Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.Diabolicaldoll really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,026, Level: 4 Points: 1,026, Level: 4 Points: 1,026, Level: 4
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Of course she or her husband are going to say she consumed Kratom, she will be let off in legal terms with Kratom rather than a harder substance she actually DID take (maybe).

I can slowly see the media propaganda they shoved down our throats about mepehedrone being repeated here with Kratom !

Obscene.
Old 06-03-2013, 15:33

23 y/o Male from United States
SIR KIT should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2 Points: 157, Level: 2
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Wtf? So she smoked laced weed, like possibly pcp, yet kratom is somehow also to blame?

Share this on:

Tags
cannabis, kratom, marijuana, weed